General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Wow that’s really strong on the edit. It’s the one I saw it on unedited though. I honestly think it’s positive, I bet tomorrow it’ll be more obvious.

Cb, fingers crossed!!! Tomorrow shall be stronger!

Shae looking forward to seeing you in the new corset ;)

I am helping my kid eat his crackers.. sigh, lack of food in the house until dh returns home with the groceries

Hard to miss that line in the edit fxed!

Shae pics lol you know we want pics

Afm hells productive a’s class was fun def glad I chose them for his birthday, got his helmet, caught Moltres lol called child support services just killing it

Does his helmet fit nice & comfy? How ling will he need to wear it for? What us Moltres? So many q’s lol sorry

Lol it’s cool. I have trouble putting it on straight. Today he wears it one hour on then one off and repeat, not while sleeping. In a week he’ll be wearing it 23 hours a day :cry: he doesn’t seem to mind it. Most likely 4 months

Moltres is one of the generation legendary bird trio Pokemon haha

Dobs glad things went well today!

I’ll probably take pics tomorrow. I’m exhausted from lack of sleep and I already did an hour with it on earlier. I’m only supposed to wear it short periods for the first two weeks to “season” it, aka break it in. But it fits well and it fits my curve perfectly, unlike the waist trainer that brought out my waist instead of in.

Ugh this hurts so much idk how to not pump I took pain killers and had Ice on my boobs but ffs it hurrrrrtttts

CB definitely see that on the edit. You testing tomorrow?

Dobby, I didn't cold turkey pumping. It just got so infrequent that my milk produnction slowed down. I'd pump when it gets really uncomfortable.

Cb I hate to poop on your parade but the line looks off? Like it's over too far...am I crazy? But I definitely see a pink line! Ahhh fx it's darker tomorrow! Or you know sooner if you test again sooner ;) and complaint to FRER! Maybe they'll give you a voucher for more tests!

Ok I have to laugh at how A is being eased into a helmet and then next post shae is easing into the corset. It tickled me.

Dobs wish it had a different name...like helmet just makes it sound weird. Maybe they should call it like "corrective headware"? Then we just say CH for short and it won't sound like your child is so accident prone he has to wear a helmet. Idk.

Hubs brought me home flowers today <3 it's been some time since he's done that spontaneously. He used to all the time, sometimes woukd bring then to work and my (dirtbag) boss would always say "what'd he do this time?" And "just because you don't know about it doesn't mean he didn't do something wrong". Yeah well this boss later tried to get a hooker in Vegas and was picked up by the cops so methinks he was projecting...

I never had luck complaining to FRER lol I feel like everyone else does

Yeah helmet sounds weird. It looks exactly like he is accident prone too lol

Omg gigs wtf is wrong with your boss?! And yay for spontaneous flowers

Fluek yeah hopefully. I was following Kelly mom&#8217;s guide to stopping since I already was doing step one in the hospital. It was doable until today. I was down to one pump a day a few days no issue so thought i&#8217;d see how it felt and skip today but oh well. Just pumped 1.5 out of each and feel so much better

Awe gigs on the flowers! As for boss, mine used to ask me how "Phil, last name In", was doing when dh was away for work.... Yeah sorry.... Not gonna happen.

Dobs, hopefully the helmet is a short thing... Fx!!!!!!
As for stopping, initially I could not do the actual 48 hour thing. So day 1: pump morning, day 2, pump evening so go 36 hours not 48.
Day 3, don't pump
Day 4, morning (at this point my body had cut back enough that I fed L in the evening). And after that I did every 48 hours for a few days and then we were pretty much done. L totally forgot that there was boob....
You might want to do the 36 hour thing for a bit.

Eek so I’m yet to catch up AGAIN so I haven’t read back, but i wanted to ask a question...

For those of you whose babies/toddlers are not in daycare/kindergarten/whatever, how often would you say they get to spend time with same-aged kids?

Probably once a week? Maybe? We try to attend our playgroup once a week, sometimes we can't make it. However the age is from 6months being the youngest to around 4 or so ATM. There are usually 2 or 3 around same age as L.
From talking with an early childhood educator: at this age they don't play with each other, more so along each other (and I can attest to that as I witness that each time). L looks up to the older kids and learns much more from interacting with them then the same aged kids. The older kids a lot of times also want to show/teach him things, not something he gets from same aged kids ;)

Good point PL! That makes sense and totally has been my observation too, based on the times Tilly has actually been in other kids’ presence. Also, i hear ya on the 1-nap/2-nap difficulties. It’s the bane on my life atm and guaranteed to ruin any plans we have.

CB - I definitely see the line on the enhanced pic. Even if it’s a dud, which I think it isn’t, it’s still so early that there’s always more chance!

Gigs - lovely paintings, as always. Any more pics of your studio?

Shae - can’t wait to see a pic of your corset. Also, I think we had the same wind yesterday. It knocked a massive tree down around the corner from us and I had to cycle to and from school in it! It was the craziest bike ride of my life and I almost got blown into a bus. Hubby was late home to watch Tilly and I HAD to be on time to give a class presentation so bike was my quickest mode of transport. On the plus side I had zero presentation anxiety because I’d just felt so relieved I actually made It there alive.

Flueks - that’s so exciting about the job. I hope they confirm ASAP!

Dobs - way to go on your super productive day! Also, all this time you’ve been talking about Brus, I had no idea you meant babies r us. I actually went in one the other day over here. Very much still open. Somehow DH knew about them closing (I stopped reading news... so bad I know) so he guessed it’s only in the US. Who died? I could google but lazy.

Forgetting everything else.

Forgetting my own update too. I’m, uh, still alive?

Oh, someone asked for photos of Tilly recently? Flueks?

I’d like to see other babies/toddlers too please.

Attachments

• 159AB290-CD2D-4DC9-AC29-42155CA578FC.jpg
    159AB290-CD2D-4DC9-AC29-42155CA578FC.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 15
  • F6D7B72F-48B7-4CB7-8F27-23DEABBCA120.jpg
    F6D7B72F-48B7-4CB7-8F27-23DEABBCA120.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 17
Okay I know I&#8217;m being annoying now but are any of you use Instagram stories? Would love to follow anyone who wants to connect. I love seeing mum friends&#8217; baby stories and I&#8217;m a little obsessed with posting Tilly stuff on there (private profile obv). And she finds some of the filters hilarious.

Jez you should follow &#8216;The Unmumsy Mum&#8217; on Instagram! Shes hilarious lol! She has 2 older boys & a 4 month old boy named Wilf. Do it! :) Riley & Nuala probs interrracted with lil uns maybe once a wk before going to Nursery/childminders, social is great for them, Riley started at 1yr & Nuala was 9m.

Gigs i chuckled at your helmet/corset ref Lol! Its the fuzzy filter that makes the line look off as irl its in the right place.. i guess i keep thinking i wonder if its an evap because the other test was faulty! I may check the batch code & email them, no harm in trying for freebies & vouchers, love a bargain haha!

Dobs i never went cold Turkey after i stopped BF.. i used my pump just abit here n there in the day or when the feeds were & pump like just a couple of Oz as you need to trick to the body into thinking that baby isnt having as much milk anymore. Oldee work colleagues of mine used cold cabbage leaves and/drank epsom salts (GAG) but it dried her milk up a treat! She was advised by her health visitor! Have a Google hun & see what lotsa gals have tried :) im guessing it&#8217;ll get easier to fit his Helmet as he wears it more, bless him, how was he when he tried it? Ok or trying to pull it off?

Aww Gigs how lovely re floweres from hubby.. were they a mixed bouquet?

Jez Tilly is ooober cute <3

Flueks when do you hear about the job? Sounds great & better hrs/time off which be fab when bubba no2 is here :)

Yes il be retesting this morning, i need to go to shops & get some tests.. if i did have any, SO is home atm so it be later morning peeing if anything. Dunno if i can afford another Frer pack though :-/

Dang cb i was hoping to wake up to a new test! Eeeee!!! When is af due?

Dobs hope you figure it out and your ta tas stop being so painful. Would not emptying them all the way also cause you to slow down production? Just speculating...

Jez i'll pm you instagram name. Loooove your tilly pics! I don't post terribly often but i post pics of mostly kids and art and dogs on instagram.

When i moved here des was 2 and I became a sahm. We found a gym that has "open play time" once a week for a couple hours...we also went to events at the library (read alouds) and playgrounds where he would see other kids. He did do a lot of side by side play, wasn't until he was older that he interacted with kids and at that he's shy; does MUCH better in 1 on 1 play time.

Afm...last time i got pregnant i had the numbers 5&8 in my head; i got pregnant the 5th cycle, in the month of august (8th month), went into labor on 5/8. Well yesterday I got "2 2" in my head...not sure if it's two 2's or 22 but i wonder if it has any significance? Hopefully not that it'll be the 22nd cycle of trying :shock: :-k

Ofh cb the flowers were a bouquet of roses in different colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->