General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Lol that Friday feeling, you can have some Wine for me Tex hehe!

Yeah i had the same kinda spotting with Riley, i stupidly bought another Frer pack looking for a lighter test line but its very dark still.. waste of £11 really Lol

pacificlove- I never knew about taste deterrents. Thanks! I'm going to look into them.

Gig- Tacobell is my guilty pleasure! The nacho fries are amazing! Anything 'nacho-like' speaks to me as that's one of my favorite foods.

Cb- Can your doctor get you in for a blood draw to check your betas today and then again in a couple of days? Maybe that will give you peace of mind until you can get in at 6 weeks. :hugs: Praying it's nothing! I had bleeding/spotting in two of my pregnancies, so I totally understand how nerve wracking that can be.

Flueky- G/L tomorrow during your call! Hoping for the best. <3

Love the food talk!

Just googled the nacho fries and apparently they&#8217;re going away until summer? It said that once stores run out of supplies to make them they won&#8217;t be restocked I guess? That&#8217;s upsetting, I haven&#8217;t tried them yet and they might already be gone from my local Taco Bell.

Cravings are already a problem for me, so it&#8217;s gonna be interesting to see how that will turn out when I finally get pregnant in a few years time. If I&#8217;m already going out at midnight to buy ice cream or a burrito, how bad will it be while pregnant? Maybe I&#8217;ll hate all food instead. Though I&#8217;ve been getting better the past few days with cravings, recognizing them as not necessary to fulfill and I&#8217;ll be fine without them plus they cost me money.

Haven&#8217;t worn the corset in a few days. It was definitely an impulse buy. Whoops.

Will catch up but lol bdb tbh I do a lot of stoplight posting and since you and Cb are both blonde and the avvies are so small sometimes I think you are her because at first I just thought she changed her profile pic and took it from an angle so she looked different and once I make a mistake I keep making it lolol

Also I had fondue last night and god I missed cheese haha

No wine for me- still doing keto. But I may have a vodka and diet sprite tonight! Down to 158 this morning. But I’m in 3rd by percentage lost in the weight loss competition so it’s not looking good. Boo

Dob- I can see that! CB is very pretty, so I'll take the confusion as a compliment <3:)

I loved the keto diet, but restricting my carbs too low made me spot the entire 4 months that I was on the diet :(

You&#8217;re both gorgeous!

Interesting about the carbs and spotting. People have recommended Keto but I was pumping and they say not while bfing so may look I do it

Thank you, Dob <3

Apparently being in ketosis can mess with your estrogen/hormones. For most women who experience it, your body adjusts over time and the spotting/bleeding stops. For me, however, it didn't after 4 months and the constant needing a panty liner got old. It would stop once I increased my carb intake by just a bit, but the increase would kick me out of ketosis. So it just wasn't the right diet for me although I really liked it.

Hey hope I can jump on. I just posted abt this. I am roughly 3-4dpo I dont chart or ok etc but I'm very regular I can tell when its o days usually. Anyways we dtd the night before O day (10th) hubby doesn't know if he pulled out in time (I'm hoping he didn't, he is still on the fence as to when to have #2) last night i had a dull ache/cramp for abt 4 hrs. Fingers crossed its a good sign.

So far keto has been really good for me. My cycles before January were very irregular. Ranging from 18 days up to 51 days between periods. I got my period in February and since then I’ve had 2 27 day cycles so I would say it’s working pretty well.

My MIL is about to start keto diet. I hope it works, she meeds to lose weight for her health.

Went back for cheese fries today. They are gone :cry:

Cb hope the spoting goes away. I'm sure everything is cooking fine in there! You know how normal spotting is! Stay off google!

Dobs I also confuse the pics at a glance

Happy bday Fluek!!!

CB that outfit is really cute. Sorry the spotting is happening. I know it was normal with Riley for you so that's a good sign it's normal in this pregnancy.

Gigs I hadn't tried the nacho fries. I'm sorry they are gone now. I hate when places get rid of something you like. I loved the shroom and swiss sandwhich at arbys. It's been gone for years.

Pacific I had a lot of opportunity to get fast food when pregnant but I resisted most of the time. I was just happy to eat anything 1st tri.

Bdb if the wound is open I might wait on a deterrent. I'm no expert in that but just worried it mught sting really bad if it's open/draining.

When's your appt?

Tex sorry you've dropped to 3rd. Still awesome on weight loss.

As far as diets, I'm not a fan of restricting things. I much prefer moderation. If I don't eat a small amount of sweets daily, then I want to splurge to "make up for it".

AFM thanks for all the positivity and birthday wishes. Good news I've got the job. I'm feeling a bit nervous but once I find my groove I'll be fine. Monday afternoon going to train with our current educator.

Opk still negative grr. I'm wondering if all the good and bad stress delayed O.

DH took me out for sushi and we got a morning BD so can't complain about my day. Been a good birthday overall. A positive opk would have made it sweeter but that's okay.

Flueky- Congrats on the job!!

My appointment is the 25th. It still seems forever away.

Ah you girls are too sweet Bdb & Dobs, you ladies are also just as lovely aswell ;)

Bdb your Apt is my sisters birthday! Only 2 wks ish away i think, it&#8217;ll be here in a blink eee!!

My Drs wont do any blood draws this early & unless my spotting continues after 6wks just because its so early & then they&#8217;ll scan me, they always try & get out of scanning blah blah but my med paperwork details any subsequent pg after my Ectopic an early scan is required! I&#8217;l be calling them on Monday to get booked in & il ask about it then.. last time she said my mw needs to book it but you dont speak to them until 7/8 wks.. pfft!

Ah Flueks well done on the job yay you!! So glad you&#8217;ve had a lovely day!

Me & SO just got home from his birthday meal, my god im soooo stuffed i can hardly breathe lol! Spotting (fx) has stopped & my boobs are mega achey. I think because its been so long since Rileys pg that ive forgotten how the spotting started.

Gigs have u had anymore ov pains?

Flueks - Happy 30th birthday (right?)!!! And congrats on the job!

CB - happy b'day to your SO? I'm gathering you didn't get him an actual gift since you JUST GAVE HIM THE GIFT OF LIFE. Re: spotting, I'm sure al is okay. You may recalled I also had spotting in first tri. Drove me mad. If I were you, I'd be tempted to go to doc and claim my LMP was much longer ago so they'd do bloods or scan me, and then later be like "Whoops" yeah I guess I did have a period later... or just go with the dating no the u/s later on. Also i secretly hope your LO will be born on Tilly's bday (15th).

Tex - boo on third place, but wow that is still amazing weight loss.

Bdb - the time will just fly. My bff who's due exactly the same time as you is having her scan on the 21st. I am so incredibly excited. Glad your doogie's paw seems to be getting better by the way.

Gigs - i hate when food's discontinued. We have a chain called Swiss Chalet here and generally I don't rate it much, but at Christmas they do stuffing which is the closest I've come to seeing what I consider proper stuffing (in the UK you can make it yourself from a box, but the boxes here seem to literally only contain breadcrumbs/croutons, and yet it's called stuffing!? LIES!). But anyway, if nacho fries are what I think they are, can't you just get the special fries and make them yourself at home?

I had a full-on nightmare last night about missing a tonne of university deadlines and it was the kind of dream that dragged on all night and was punctuated with thoughts of "is this a dream? No, no, it's not!" Needless to say I woke up incredibly relieved, but still feel anxious. Also, unrelatedly, my hypochondriasis is peeking out again because people have pointed out I'm looking pretty skinny so now I'm convince I have some horrible disease or cancer. I have been gradually dropping weight recently despite eating like a ravenous pig.

Shae - so glad you got an extension (see above) and uh-oh at the corset whoopsie. As I said before, i can totally relate. I have at least five expensive musical instruments taking up space in my closet that were abandoned years ago and were "played" for a matter of months at most.

Flueky/bdb, those taste deterrents aren't alcohol based. ;) Some of them are actually intended to be sprayed directly on hot spots, etc ;) and if one doesn't work, go with a different brand, as they are different "flavours", but all taste bitter.

Gigs, I hate when food I like gets discontinued. Costco is the worst for that!

K so bad at responding sorry

But Fluek yaaaaay

And jez I have a recurring nightmare I find out I never graduated high school so I have to go back but I never know my schedule and i&#8217;m So old compared to everyone

Omg i did this massive reply & our internet connection keeps failing *^>$*!! & it wouldn&#8217;t let me post the reply grrrrr!!!!

Jez you do not look ill hun, you look lovely <3

Jez it's funny how our minds go to worse case scenario. I've been convinced I'm dying so many times, most recently thinking I had cancer. And I was thinking I wish I could get a body scan just to make sure...and THEN i got sick for real, had an ACTUAL cancer scare, and coincidentally had a ct scan of my whole torso. Nothing was wrong (outside of a virus and mono). In conclusion, our minds OFTEN make things far worse than actuality. I've found it's amplified since having kids--I worry about my own mortality because I worry about the impact it will have on my family. Anywho I think we all do the "worse case scenario" thing, it's why we think we're seriously ill, why bdb and cb are worried about their pregnancies, etc...

Just gotta stay positive! I've really been trying to work on this especially since being sick. Trying not to live waiting for shit to hit the fan, or "one foot in the grave" as hubs says. Anyway lots of reasons for weight loss; stress, being more active, maybe you're eating more food but less calories, etc.

Wow that was a huge rant. My bad.

About the fries--they are dusted in this cheesy powder stuff that I can't replicate at home. And THEN it's served with queso *drool*

Ahhh I can't wait to see some of these upcoming ultrasound pics!!!

PL you're SO right about costco! Latest victim to the disappearing food was this creamy crab soup ommmggggggggg and now I can't find it :cry:

Taco Bell literally makes my stomach turn. I can’t eat there. Luckily we have several good non chain taco places here that are pretty cheap and good. I actually call Taco Bell -Taco Hell- haha. We used to have a place called Rusty Taco and it was legit amazing... but the company closed it down rather suddenly due to needing to cut expenses and since it was the newest opened it was shut down.

We have a fuzzy’s tacos in town now but I haven’t eaten there yet- cause diet... we ate takeout from a Mexican restaurant and had fajitas omg so good! I didn’t eat any rice or beans or tortillas or chips but
I had plenty of the meat and veggies and fixings like guacamole and sour cream- ahhh and all keto approved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->