General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I know! I cannot wait. It's hard to believe there's a baby in there that already looks so much like a baby :cloud9:

I don’t usually get to sleep in during the summer. My child is 6 now and she still insists on waking up at 7:30 on weekends and days off. So if she spends the night with either my mom or my mother in law then I can sleep in but otherwise it ain’t happenin! Haha she woke me up at 7:38 this morning so now I’m sitting in the recliner drinking coffee and she’s playing in her room.

I love how independent she is and while I would love to give her a sibling there is a growing part of me that really doesn’t want to go through raising a baby again. I know that sounds awful but after trying for 3 years I’m about to the point where I’m not sure I want another one. I mean yes I would love more but it just seems daunting to start all over again.

My sister signed papers on a house a few weeks ago and if everything goes ok she will be moving in this weekend. I’m sure I will get roped into helping somehow and since my kiddo will be traveling with my inlaws to Colorado to go pick up her favorite cousin I won’t have a good excuse to not help. She did call and apologize last week after we got into a huge argument because she thought I was being “too negative” about some stuff in her new house. Such as their cars are larger than average so the 2 car garage may be a tight fit for them etc. i basically told her I was tired of her treating me like shit and being mean for no reason when I literally do everything she asks me to help with and even stuff she doesn’t- like throw the shower- i also told her I was very hurt that my entire family was “in” the wedding but me. My brother is walking her down the aisle but that’s cause my dad passed away but still. I mean I’m glad I stood up for myself but I don’t really think she truly meant her apology.

Anyway, gigs I see the line a lot better today!

Tex, I'm so proud of you. It takes a lot of balls to stand up for yourself and it can be so hard to be confrontational. That's great you spoke up! And glad she apologized instead of getting defensive. Even if it sounded insincere, it does mean she knows she's wrong.
I feel you on not wanting to start over with another baby. It's rough but it is worth it ultimately--however people generally don't regret the kids they have. But if you think just having your little girl is right for your family, you do you! I hope you are able to come to a decision you are comfortable with.

I took another test with smu and finallu feeling like I can breathe a little easier. Now just to get a grip on my emotions! Back and forth from joy to fear, lol!

Attachments

• IMG_3940.jpg
    IMG_3940.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 20
Its a scary thing once the youngest gets to an age where they sleep better & its not attention bam bam & to think yeghhh to be right back at the beginning again, its still daunting me now :shock: i just think, if Kate Middleton can do i can haha i know shes married to prince will but hey ho :haha:

Wow fantastic Frer result there Gigs :) congrats again my lovely

:blush:

I am back, never stopped TTC, but i lost my password to BNB and then just didn't bother with trying to reset it until now.

I am 2dpiui, my first iui. SO I AM GOING NUTS.

12 days is going to be a brutal wait.

Hiya Pink! Fingers crossed for you!!!

Cb you're right not just Kate but sooo many moms do it and with even smaller age gaps, we can too! Heck there was only 17 months between my middle bro and 18 months between him and my oldest bro so hey!

Hi bre! And thanks! Hoping it continues to darken!

Ugh not looking forward to finding a new ob/gyn. My dr last time moved out of state and my "current" dr left the practice to start her own...wasn't a huge fan or her though. I really like my nurse practitioner but they can't take ob cases :/

Hi Pink :)

Yeah my mum had 3under 6 aswell so we can do it :thumbup:

Breea wow you’re 20wks already

Gigs that line is amazing!

Pink fx’d the :spermy: find the egg!

Speaking of people who have lots of kids close together, there’s a YouTube vlogging family called The Murrays and they have 5 kids, all girls, oldest is probably 6, youngest is under 1, and they’re pregnant again. I don’t know how they do it, but they manage.

Wow that's intense! And dang they are obviously a super fertile couple!

Told my brother today about the pregnancy😬 I'm back to feeling excited. Anyway his wife thinks she may be pregnant...really hoping we are at the same time! That'd be cool, even though we don't live close. Guess her period is due next week so we'll see!

Tex- I feel the same and I'm currently 3 months along! I did not have baby fever when we decided to TTC. I was at a great stage of parenting. No more diapers, my oldest is 12 and he helps a TON. The idea of starting all over again is very daunting to me at times because it's back to constant 24/7 supervision, lack of sleep, etc.. but I knew that if we didn't try for 'one of our own', we would eventually regret it. So it came down to now or never for me. I know all of that sounds like I'm not excited for this baby. I truly am! But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that some days I wonder how the hell I'll manage.

Gigs- that line looks great!

I have a good friend who is a year younger than me (so, 32) and she has 7 children ranging from ages 13 to 5. ((She did have 8 but one of her children was a micropreemie -23 weeks- and passed away at the age of 2. She was less than a year older than the 5 year old.)) Literally one a year :wacko: To this day I do not know how she manages. Did I mention she's a single mom, too? Her ex-H is the father of all of her children, but they separated while she was pregnant with the 5 year old.

Yikes that is crazy. Does she have a good relationship with the father?

I asked my mom once how she did 3 under 3 and she said "you just do it. You do what you have to." It's true...you wonder how you'll manage but when it happens you do just do it. I think it's daunting thinking about it all but so much of the time the reality isn't as bad as what you're anticipating.

At least that's been true for me :shrug:

Made my first prenatal appointment, june 29th! Crazy!

Now the struggle will be dealing with the idea of a third c section. Looks like it's going to be hard to find someone to be supportive of a vba2c :(

Bdb, looking forward to your scan!! I love little ultrasound pics.

Tex I'm sorry you have had to ttc for so long. I'll support you in whichever direction you go. Hope sis actually means her apology. Hope she wakes up about how she treats others.

Gigs ah what a beautiful frer line!! You make me want to test at either 2 or 3dpo lol.

I hope you can find a dr willing to do vba2c. I hope you find a dr you like. I went to a group where I met all the drs/nps/midwives so that whoever was on call when I delievered I'd have met them. Ironically, I was supposed to meet the dr who delivered her the following week. I joked I was impatient about meeting him. He made me feel at ease at a very scary time though. I will try to bookmost of my ob appts with him if possible.

Oh and that would be amazing if sil is pregnant too!! I'm hoping the sane happens with me and my sil. Last year she was thinking of ttc #2 this year. I haven't pried about it though. Maybe I will at V's party Saturday.

Pink, good luck!!

AFM, excited that my dad will be down Saturday. Saw him in July last year. He will be so shocked to see how much V has grown in that time.

She got ahold of my keys tonight and carried them with her the rest of the evening. She has like a Vulcan death grip or sonething.

Temps are in my low range for post O. However, I'm super bloated so I do believe I'm in tww. I think I may test Tuesday next week. I'd be 10 or 11dpo. Heck I may test with cheapie on Monday.

Not much else I can think of.

I think we are more NTNP at this point. I don’t think we will ever get to the point where we would prevent to ensure we didn’t have more children. But due to the fact that it’s been so long and sex is kinda few and far between sometimes I don’t think pregnancy is in the cards for us. This summer the sex should pick up some just cause I won’t be emotionally and physically exhausted from my job and I don’t have to get up as early etc.

Tex that sounds like a good plan. Are you finding you're a little more energized after your recent weight loss?

Fluek hoping the super bloat is because of "early pregnancy factor"! Ahhh I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Do you have a walmart near by? I really recommend their 88¢ tests. They may be a hair lighter than frer and take the full 10 minutes to develop but I've taken a ton in conjunction with frer and I've never gotten a line on one and not the other. I have no idea the sensitivity of them but i suspect they may be similar to the early detection dip strips, even though most online sources say 25miu. I'd wager they're closer to 10 or 15---though that's purely anecdotal/my own experience.

I do have more energy but after I spend all day at work and then get home and need to do laundry and dinner and bath for tabs etc it’s draining. Teaching is seriously
Emotionally exhausting. So once summer is here I imagine the extra energy will come in handy for other things lol

Fx for early pg symptom Flueks! & early testing.. i will miss poas though lol! Vulcan death grip :haha: love it! How lovely your Dads coming to visit, V will love that <3

Tex are u a fulltime teacher or part time? When i work 2 days a week & do everything else aswell im pooped urghhh, I couldn&#8217;t imagine working fulltime now.. although id love to for a month for the £&#8217;s! Hopefully the summer break will def energize you & this will be the summer for getting pg :hugs:

Gigs do what is more safer for you & baby.. didn&#8217;t your uterus tear in diff places with Lev in labour? Id love to attempt a vbac but honestly in uk they really advise against it as its alot of pressure & strain on the uterus which now has 2 lots of scarring, i would feel abit anxious in Labour that something would happen plus given i didn&#8217;t progress past 3cm after like a day & it&#8217;ll be near crimbo, planned csection im fine with this time :)

Urghh Nuala had me up this morning for her bottle at 4:55 zzzzzZ! What a beast.. shes in her walker watching tv whilst im slumped on sofa with blanket haha great parenting :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->