General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Guys I am super confused and want to see if anyone has experience like this.. my cycle is super regular. Always O on CD 15 and have 30 day cycles. Since forever. Well this cycle I have had 6 days of positive ovulation tests.. they have looked like this forever now.. any ideas? What the heck’s going on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 19
:-k very odd fFuture I'd say trust your normal body's O day being reg over a poss bad bad of ICs. Just focus on getn your :sex: in hehe

Jez - I went to daycare and I remember enjoying it. My son goes now and he loves it too. It only took 10 days for him to not cry when I dropped him off, now he'll gladly go with the caretakers and smiles at me as I go. :)

future even the most regular can have off months.

Future that's super odd but just keep getting messy :haha:

Not to keep dragging this conversation out but i think by "no accent" cpp means a standard American accent, like the one movie and tv stars typically have.

Shae my Minnesota cousins used to immitate us with thick southern accents lol! Definitely not. But to them i see it...they have an accent alk their own (don't cha know :p )

Cut my dang thumb open with a bread knife and keep knocking the wound back open :roll: most annoying as i'm supposed to be having blue crab with my inlaws today! Cracking crabs and okd bay spice don't mix welk with cuts, ha.

Jez i was not a fan of des' private daycare. I feel guilty for sending him. But when we tried preschool at a center he did great and in fact still goes there now full time for school. He loves it, has friends, and his speech has improved leaps and bounds.

J i always say people are like cars -- it's nearly impossible to diagnose an intermittent problem. I hope they can give you sone answers this time.

Wow sorry it's been an insane couple of days. Just a few things.

J omg!!!! I'm glad you seem to be okay now. I've heard the chemical stress test is worse than the non chemical.

Future agree sometimes we all have a weird cycle. Body might be trying to O but hasn't?

Gigs boy name is Samuel James. James was my brother and grandfather's middle name. Girl name is Madison.

Sorry about the cut :( I think tgere is liquid bandaid you can buy that could create a barrier. A tegaderm dressing work too, but probably cut it smaller. Anyways hope you enjoy the crab :)

Pacific yay on agreeing to counter!

Jez haha if you watched my video feeding victoria green beans you can hear mine.

Accents and pronunciations. Oddly enough I think of Myles as 2 syllables. However fire is one and sounds more like "fahr" when I say it. I'm terrible to pronounce both pen and pin as pin. I do say Tennessee versus Tinahsea. East TN accent is very different from West TN too. Oh and gigs yes those MidWesterners have an accent too. The Wisconsinites with their "o" sounds. I don't think they hear theirs. I only hear mine on messages or videos. Then I'm like "dear lord do I really sound like that!"

Omg girls, friday was crazy busy. Yesterday I helped our occ answer phones for 4 hours, then was gone for 7 doing visits last night. AOC like never goes oit, but of course I did....grr. i went to bed after midnight and dh woke me up at 6. I'm exhausted but can't sleep. I hope they will leave me alone today but who knows. I am finishing things up for work before vacation though so it's not work free even if occ doesn't need me.

Yes by by no accent I meant a non regional specific American Accent. People cannot tell where I grew up from my accent.
I forgot to test this morn so meh but I'm starting to more suspect I'm more like 10dpo today but who the heck knows and if I adjust everything ff marks no ovulation at all so boo!

Sorry ladies long week but I need help

A’s cold came with horrendous diarrhea. Problem is he doesn’t cry at night, so he’ll fill his diaper up and I might not catch wind of it until morning. So he has TERRIBLE diaper rash. Like runs from me screaming when he sees me grab the diaper stuff. It’s so red and so painful and desitin has done nothing to help. Any pro tips on how I can ease his discomfort?

Dobby V got a yeast rash once and we had to get nystatin from the dr. The outer edge of a yeast rash is like a red ring and has little red bumps scattered around. If it's like that my dr said in a pinch to use otc athlete's foot cream.

Aso desitin, buttreaux, aquaphor never helped V. We liked using A&D it never irritated her or made it worse. I think it's all very specific to what your baby's skin can tolerate though.

Dobs, we use penaten creme, it's nice and thick and creates a good barrier. You should be able to find it any place that sells diapers. It's wonderful stuff especially for diaper rash.
Hope A feels better soon!

Gigs, oh no! I agree, liquid bandaid? Or do a finger rubber glove for the crab meal. (Our pharmacy sells those right by the Band-Aids.

Accents, people can't quite place mine, it's Canadian mixed with a bit of German in a few words every once in a while. Not everyone hears it though.
I remember being in Colorado and we were talking about dogs, cocker spaniels to be exact. And all of a sudden the other party said "...and the cAcker spaniel aver there.." and I thought "oh you are talking about the cOcker spaniel"... I immediately picked up on their accent, how my "o's" where their A's. Haha. But because I was the outsider, I was the one with the foreign accent :haha: we actually talked about that. Too funny, I still have a funny memory of the cAcker spaniel...

PL congratulations on the contract! I hope your search for a new abode goes quickly.

Yeah I'll probably just wear a bandaid. That is if crabs even happen...MIL has gone ghost mode.

Forgot to tell y'all about my sweet yardsale find. Got a Jane Wooster Scoot certified, original framed lithograph & signed for $5. I've found the print alone (unframed) for $500, as well as a smaller framed version for $250 or so. I really like it though, might throw it up on ebay for a crazy number and if it doesn't sell i get to keep it on my wall (which I'd rather do anyway but money talks).

Gig I 2nd Flu about the finger cut solutions - I was also gonna say a Finger cot ( finger condom) may work as well. I've seen them at wally and local chain pharms. They fit fairly snug.

Dob Sorry A is suffering :(
I only had to use it once with DS but I used A&D like Flu said. I tried desitin, but it was mega thick paste, and seemed to me more a "barrier" cream than a soothing healing one...it went on fine, but the extra wiping at the next change IMO seemed like it would be more irritating.
I know you don't wanna break up your sleep, but perhaps for just a few night, set your alarm to check him half thru so it isn't a full night of being on his skin?:shrug:

CP Agreed on adjusting FF as needed. It originally detected my O on cd 14 with advanced, but with my last few morning temps being so low, it is saying I didn't O.
I'm sure I did , likely cd13/14 given my twinges, so I'm just using opk mode out of spite- hate seeing a chart with no line. My sleep has been very broken up or little, and every morning I have woken up cold lately from my fan on me, and my shirt damp from sweat from being buried in my fleece blanket:roll:

Mom like to lower the air ALOT when she goes to bed, so I have a fleece blanket I sleep with, BUT she always gets up a few hours later and turns the AC back up because she is cold :haha:, yet I'm asleep wrapped in fleece, waking to a damp shirt in an hour or 2 :growlmad:
So I am ignoring the crazy temp drops the last few morning.
I'd only be 5 dpo right now anyhow, so not worried...:coffee:

CP that’s fair, I pretty much have a standard American accent. Though one time my family was eating dinner at a restaurant 2 towns over from ours and the waitress asked if we were from California because of our accent... she was a bit embarrassed when we told her we live 20 minutes away (in Massachusetts). We thought it was hilarious, albeit a bit confusing. My dad is from upstate New York, and my NP (also one of my mom’s best friends) told my dad that there’s a quality that his voice has that both my sister and I have but my mom doesn’t (she’s from Vermont), she couldn’t explain what it was except that it’s different than the usual, maybe it’s to do with his speech patterns or the sounds themselves, she didn’t specify, but maybe that oddity in 3/4 of our voices made the waitress think we were from California. Idk, man. We don’t have Boston accents, but it seems it’s a city thing in MA to skip the “R” sound at the end of words, not just a Boston thing. I don’t live in the city, so I pronounce my Rs. People who moved from Worcester to my town always pronounced Worcester “Woostah”, whereas it’s properly pronounced “Wooster” (the oo is like the sound in “wood”), and they skipped some “R” sounds at the end of words occasionally, but nothing like a Boston accent. I rarely ever hear Boston accents, because I live over an hour away from it and I’ve only been there a handful of times. Something I do notice about my accent though is that sometimes I’ll skip or half pronounce “t” sounds, or replace the “t” with a light “d” sound. When I said “cart” the “t” is so light that sometimes people think I’m saying “card” or “car”. That might just be a me thing though, cuz people near home would sometimes misunderstand me.

Sorry for the essay.

Dobs, I’m so sorry A has such a painful diaper rash. I wish I knew stuff that could help, but I don’t. Sending healing vibes to A.

Okay, I’m gonna take a nap, then get to packing cars. Tomorrow is move in day! I’m excited and terrified.

My Father grew up mostly in California. My mother is Cajun, but not deep Cajun(She is understandable easily lol) I was in west Texas around a lot of Hispanics and White Ranchers and oil workers until about 7, then lived in southern Louisiana for about a year or so then moved to just outside Shreveport, Louisiana. Bossier Louisiana (Across the river from Shreveport) is a major air force town so not much distinctive accent there. So, between all of that I didn't keep any specific accent but can do pretty much any of them easily. I cannot do a Boston accent. That accent grates my ears lol.

CP I totally agree about the Boston accent, I hate it too. I’m really glad it’s not a state-wide thing, cuz I would hate if I had that accent. But nope, mines pretty standard American.

Poor A Dobby.. Riley had awful nappy rash esp at preschool & he would run away from me screaming instead of letting me change his botty, i found the best way to change his pooey butt & soothe it was shower him & let him sit in the shower tray or sit in a bath after shower rinsing off the runny poop, sounds gross but its soothing & then it can air dry after, metanium paste works wonders aswell, hope his Diarrhoea goes quickly, i always find much looser poop when mine have had meds for their temps :hugs:

Dobs I second the pantean!! I swear by that stuff.

Oddly enough I had a positive pregnancy test this morning but then a negative quiocklg after. It looks faulty to me though!

Attachments

• 872B48D3-C8A7-4C30-899D-D3FE06DFA3F5.jpg
    872B48D3-C8A7-4C30-899D-D3FE06DFA3F5.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79