General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Green - The hospital I was at for my first had a tub, but you weren't allowed to birth in it. I tried it out, but the water was too warm and I was positive for Group B strep, so I had the needle stuck in my hand and I couldn't put it underwater. It was not comfortable or relaxing. I can see the benefits though, like maybe not tearing cuz the water will soften things up and act like a lubricate. Not 100% sure if it's for me, but I'll talk with my MW and see what my options are.

Wow Shae, 84% is brilliant for a last minute pass when it all went abit quirky, well done chick!! :)

MrsG ahhhh official Congratulations heheee!!! Fab news Drs office are doing a blood draw this morning! Considering that Frer was expired, if anything it would make it less sensitive perhaps? Was it much expired??

Pretty Lol @ not being trusted in a Hospital full of drugs :haha:

Because i missed out on a Labour when i was pg with Riley as he was Breech i was miffed about not using the birthing pool.. however, i was allowed to use it in my labour with Nuala but just as pain relief, when i was in actual painful labour you couldnt get me off the bed & i think i scowled at the midwife when she asked about the pool.. im thinking words along the line of ‘f**k off about the pool, im not moving’ :haha: everyone is diff in labour so go with whatever!

Future, if you really want to carry on ttc, dont let Future engagements hold you back hun.. it may take a couple months anyway?! Is Alberta a long way away from where u guys are atm? Whats the latest your mw will allow you to fly providing pg would be going well etc..? My friend flew to Greece at nearly 35 wks for 10 nights & no probs, thats like 3/4hrs flight! She was just over 36wks when she flew home..

Nuala doing abit better this morning, drunk all her Milk this morning & slept lots better last night, still abit moany but nothing like she was, woop! I dont think i can take another day of constant upset & screaming, ive cried too much the last few days out of stress & tearing me hair out uh!

Cant remember much else, its early.. il need to read back lol

hi girls don't no whats going on with me this month my af is 28 to 29 days on September the 17 I had spotting red 18 then it went brown 19 then brown again then stopped I am 8 days late today done some test and :bfn: I had pains down me legs sides of me pelvic yesterday so went doctors to tell her whats going on shes sent me for bloods done

Thanks for the bday thoughts <3

Green my 10dpo frer test was so light i thought for sure i was having a chemical. I did drink a lot of water that day but my wally cheapie was darker so i think the frer box was faulty. You just never know with tests. Regardless i think that's a damn good line for a wondfo and a digi would probably read pregnant by now with lines like yours! Did you tell your sister yet??? I love hearing about people's reactions.

Well done shae! 84 is nothing to sniff at.

Fluek glad your on the mend but sorry about the cold. They can be miserable!

Cb happy to hear nuala is better but sorry for all the stress it's caused! No doubt hormones are playing a factor. I got briefly irrationally irritated with Myles this morning for kicking so much :rofl: definitely a moment of exhaustion playing with my emotions lol

On the topic of tubs...i had one for pain management that was pretty ineffective. Problem was my nurse wouldn't let me in it earlier because she was afraid it would stall labor, and by the time i was allowed to use it inwas far along with back labor and it was barely touching the pain...then the stupid nurse tells me to get on my knees for the best position to progress, which got my lower back out of the water! No help at all! Fortunately hubs was able to get a large cup and slowly pour warm water on my back but I eventually gave up and moved to the ball. That was helpful but eventually pain got too much for me to handle and i begged for the epidural (which i was trying to avoid, again due to stalling...but after 24 hours of back labor i gave in). I do not recommend back labor :rofl:

hi girls don't no whats going on with me this month my af is 28 to 29 days on September the 17 I had spotting red 18 then it went brown 19 then brown again then stopped I am 8 days late today done some test and :bfn: I had pains down me legs sides of me pelvic yesterday so went doctors to tell her whats going on shes sent me for bloods done
Did they do an ultrasound or pelvic exam? Sounds like it could be a cyst

Happy belated Gigs!!!

I spent hours in the tub during labour it was amazing, but I also wasn’t allowed to deliver in it, super effective for pain management though. It’s the only reason I survived without an epidural.

Shae awedome job you are a smart cookie!

Waiting for some tests ladies!!

Flu I am like you, I just would never expect someone to put TTC on hold for my wedding so I do hope she’ll understand if we do conceive quickly. I could realistically take a one month old if I really wanted to I guess I just don’t know how I’d breastfeed around getting ready and all of that stuff, I’m not going to worry about it unless it happens. My husband is already worried about the age gap and it’s I feel similarly so we will see! What’s meant to be will be.

Pretty I definitely have no interest in a home birth because I live far enough from a good hospital I'd worry if complications arose. Honestly, I suppose since I progressed so fast they didn't try to push an intervention other than IV with fluids. I escaped the foley, yay!!! I do like the idea of a birthing tub. Unfortunately my group doesn't offer it, but it's okay. If my first was 6 hours then I'm expecting a pretty short labor this time.

In any case as long as it's what you're comfortable with and you are low risk I say go for that home birth:)

Greenie no problem! Glad it helped :)

Yeah that's good you didn't go. Those poor babies don't have much of an immune system. I think I'll be a bit paranoid with this baby at first as it'll be during end of flu season.

Oh and thanks for the encouragement on my balanced diet :rofl:

Gigs, happy birthday!
I totaly agree on not recommending back labour. I did about 20 hours of it, not fun.

We had a mw appointment yesterday. Discussed risks of planned C-section or vbac, but I already knew that I want to attempt a vbac. Bring on the pain meds if needed. I also asked of going to the chiropractor, which she said would be a great idea especially if my hips and lower back already seemed out it could be a great way to make labour easier and avoid back labour.

Can't remember anything else, hope my response made sense, baby brain on lack of sleep.....

CB gad Nuala is feeling better. Ah and just over a month until your leave. I suppose I need to get cracking soon on setting mine up ;)

Caz hope you get it figured out. Sounds like an ultrasound could be useful to investigate.

Gigs thanks! Oh and happy belated birthday!! So sorry I missed that last night

I was wanting something for pain at 4cm. My only option was epidural, but I had to wait to be transferred to other hospital, sign papers, have labs drawn and results back. Omg it was awful, I had no classes on how to deal at all with labor pain. Hope next time I deal with it better. I suppose at least my epidural at 8.5cm didn't stall labor much at all.

Have you thought of middle name for Myles??

Future I say cross that bridge when/if it gets there. When do you usually O?? I'm already thinking of you testing :haha:

Greenie eagerly awaiting your test. Hope you get your beta result today.

AFM ugh feel like death on a cracker. I'm just really exhausted. Think I'll go home early today. Thank goodness for salary!!

Pl- chiropractors are amazing!!!! I wish I had the time and money to go every week. My doctor said they were fine during pregnancy too, just make sure you tell them (even if you're showing lol) I'm sure they'll help a lot. My hips were pretty mess up with I went after csection and having kids. Felt so much better after.

Flu- were feeling the same today! Hopefully we both have an easy day lol

Greenie that looks amazing for raid result at 11dpo!!! You are so so preggers.l :happydance:

Oh and yes wondfos are disappointing now. Going to buy any tests?

Sorry we feel the same. I'm going home in about an hour.

Pretty- ugh stupid strep B. Ya that sucks I'm sorry. Hopefully you get a good plan in place.

Cb-glad nula is doing better! My boys seems a little better today too. All these sicky kids.

Okay I missed a couple people im sorry. Kids are fighting. Off to do beta soon.

Hey guys, sorry it’s been a bit of a hectic week, House has been delayed yet again and I’m trying to get compensation. We are out of pocket £3500 for the delays due to renting and getting a new mortgage. I’m trying for a bit more than that for the added stress and hopefully I’ll get about half back! Still bleeding and have a follow up appointment on the 23rd, the medication has slowed it down a bit but I’m still passing fairly big clots sometimes, I’m fed up about it all really!

Congratulations green!! It’s funny someone I know just announced they are having a second set of (natural) non ID twins today, they had non ID twin boys about 5 years ago! It made me think of you.

Shae I’m glad you passed, you did well especially considering the palava just before!

Dobby I’m really sorry about all your stresses, I hope that it gets all sorted soon and you can put it all behind you :hugs:

I’m sorry I’m so terrible I forget so much!

Yep that is a nice BFP Congrats Green! Happy B-day gigs!

Kit- that's the worst about building a house. They're always delays. I agree with going after more than you actually 'want' because they'll settle for less. Even though I'm sure you want it all it sounds like you're being logical.

Thanks ladies, I'll get my beta results this afternoon probably. In the meantime I just put the boys down so I'm going down for a nap now too.

Kitty sounds like a good plan going after more to get what you actually want. I'm sorry yoy even haveto do that.

Gosh I can't believe you are still bleeding. I'd be worried about possible anemia at this rate.

Greenie hope you have a good nap. Mine helped. I don't feel good, but not as bad at least.

Ideas on how to tel DH? Thinking of getting something sweet and saying "if I'm getting fat so are you" or having him come home to a positive test with a blue and pink balloon tied around it. But not loving either idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->