General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I had a weird kind of late miscarriage and my next cycle was fairly delayed I think it went 45ish days when my norm is 31-32 days on the norm.
With the couple chemicals my cycles weren't much effected.

Awww Flueks i didnt see you pumpkin bump pic on fb or was it probs not posted? Very cute indeed! Oh i hate horror films usually as i hate being made to ‘jump’ & im a chicken s**t :haha: but ive seen a couple of the Halloween films & i dont mind Jamie Lee Curtis so i wouldn’t mind seeing the next one lol!

Ah Dobs im sorry A has croup... lotsa steam in the bathroom etc, hopefully it’ll clear up very soon hun :hugs:

Gigs forgot to say on my last post, i had Iron tabs with Nuala but didnt make me constipated, quite the opposite actually Lol but dark poop indeed as Pacific has said! Apricots are high in Iron & keep u regular, dbl whammy lol! Lower platelet levels are normal in pg aswell, mine drop consistently all the way through & theres not alot we can do to increase it ..

I had my ‘suprise’ baby shower today, which was lovely, few family & friends & lotsa baby tid bits <3 omg sooooo much food i wont need to cook for the next few days haha! Lotsa sweets for kiddies aswell so naturally Riley was buzzing :shock: im suprised hes sound asleep right now.. lol!

Flueky - By LMP, my EDD would be June 18. I'm going into the scan with an open mind, but I'm still hopeful I don't measure too small.
Good to hear your reveal went well and I hope your shoulder gets better soon. :)

I read everyone's posts, but don't really have much to contribute. Just hope you're all doing well.

So, I went to a Celebration of Life and then dinner after with my mom and SO this weekend. Somehow pregnancy came up. I was asking my mom for details about her ectopic back in '82 and then she made some comment about only finding out I was pg at 24 weeks last time. I said I had my reasons and she was like "well, I'm your mom, I should know. You know I wouldn't have told you to get rid of it, right? I'm not like that." So, that makes me less scared to tell her.

Pretty what’s a “celebration of life”? And wow 24 weeks? Were you worried she would actually tell you to terminate? My mom would flip shit on me if I didn’t tell her until then. Of course, I wouldn’t have to tell her. She’d know. She always knows when people she’s close with are pregnant. She sometimes knows before they even know. She called up her sister, who was in either India or Pakistan at the time, can’t remember which, and legit told her she was pregnant, her sister was like “no I’m not” and then took a test and she was indeed pregnant. She also called up a friend and was like “you’re pregnant aren’t you?” And the friend was like “... we’re not telling people yet.” My mom is very intuitive, or I guess psychic if you believe in that stuff. So when I get pregnant, I’ll probably just tell my mom as soon as I know, hopefully I’ll be able to tell her before she just... knows. It would be a bummer to be like “hey mom guess what?” “You’re pregnant.” “Um. Yeah. Thanks for ruining the surprise with your baby-radar.”

CB yay for baby shower and goodies!

Flueks lovely pic, such a cute pumpkin shirt to go with the bump!

Shae my guess is the equivalent to a funeral or memorial service.

Pretty i’m Glad your mom’s comment has made you more at ease. I mean i’m Glad in general how things play out. Misery loves company, but I am so happy that while we started this journey both fearful of being single moms that it has not turned out to be your reality. Can’t wait to hear your scan update!

Fluek so sorry about your shoulder! And I agree I adore both pumpkins!

Cb yay for baby shower! Glad the kids had fun and no sugar crash hehe hope his tummy is good to him after he wakes up

I didn’t read very far back. I am two nights s* for sleep between A not sleeping well from being off routine Friday and ER last night. I have never been so tired

Shae - It's pretty much like a funeral, but without an official (religious) service. People just get together, have some food, reminisce and that's it.
No, I was never worried about that. I knew her and my dad are pretty much pro-life. I felt I should tell SO first, but I wasn't sure if he would stick around or not. And we had a trip to visit his stepmom and see a hockey game in Tennessee in late March '17. So, I had to wait til after the trip in case he said I couldn't come anymore and never wanted to see me again. I told her like an hour after I told him.

Dobby - Well, I wouldn't have minded being a single mom. I mean, having another person there to help is nice, but there are times it feels like I'm doing everything anyway. lol. At least I wouldn't have to fight with someone over names. But I'd also like all my kids to have the same dad.

Last edited:
Pretty ah okay, that definitely makes sense to tell your SO before your mom. I’m sorry you had to worry so much about him leaving because you were pregnant. I’ll never understand how a man could leave his SO just because she’s pregnant, as if he didn’t participate in the act that caused the pregnancy, or as if it’s not his child he’s leaving behind. Though if the deadbeat would be a terrible parent/abusive/cause trauma to the child, I’d rather them leave of course. Anyway. I’m so glad he didn’t run off on you. I hope I’m not coming off as judgey towards you, I don’t mean to be. I only mean to be judgey towards deadbeat dads/parents lol.

Dobs I’m sorry you’re getting shit sleep. I hope it improves, and I hope A has a good spurt of no illnesses for a while after this, and that he feels better from the croup.

Yeah totally agree SO should know first. I remember that trip! Do you think she has mother’s intuition this time or just total coincidence?

True single motherhood comes with its perks. But i’d Punch someone in the nuts to have help this weekend. Lol

And I hear you if ex was less insane i’d Be willing to let him off child support to father A’s sister. But he’s insane and with A scoring moderate risk for autism i’m Not trying to have more of his psychopath genes. I love A though wouldn’t change a thing about him

Shae truth I wish my dead beat ass hat just stayed gone when he left. And thank you! His croup is actually pretty good. He’s been cranky all day or sleeping. Like inconsolable and refusing to eat and he pooped legit 6x today but the cough and croup sounds and temp is fine. But day three is the worst so we shall see. I just hope we don’t end flu season in the hospital again. And my mom is off next week so if he gets bad she’ll watch him and i’ll Just commute from her house :) though honestly I could use the excuse for a day off lol

Pretty have you told SO yet? Here's to hoping all goes smoothly.

Wooks!!! How did I forget to say hi??? Hi! How is Charlotte 1 already?! Time sure does fly with kids.

Fluek how can I view the reveal video? If you want to share, that is ;) look at your cute pumpkin tum! I need that shirt!

My friend is pregnant! I am so excited!!! She just found out. So crazy, she has taken ONE test and said she'll test again this week (one week after the first positive)! I am blown away by her restraint.

Also, whose kid was it who pooped in the tub last week? Was that Victoria? Lev pooped in the tub today :rofl: He stood up, farted, sat down, then shit up the tub :haha: i was just dumbstruck! Des never did that so this was my first time experiencing it. I just laughed...about all you can do!

Oooh also went shopping with bday money today...i got inspired to start a new tradition. The day after Thanksgiving, I am going to gift the boys Christmas pajamas to put on and we'll all get cozy and decorate the house and trim the tree! So they'll kick off the xmas season with new pj's every year...in theory.

Gigs that’s sounds super cute, and perfect with Thanksgiving, thought ours here was two weeks ago. I do think it was V who pooped in the bath(?). Tilly did it too a while back and I was hoping it was a one-off but it turned into a phase. Luckily she grew out of it and started telling us when she needs to poo. Oh, ditto on cute bracelet! I was tempted to get one after seeing yours actually but then thought I’d feel bad if/when Tilly has a sibling and there’s a bear cub missing. But there defo won’t be a new bear cub for at least two years I reckon.

Green - congrats! Honestly, just based on your skepticism even before testing, I just knew you’d get a bfp. Am I right in remembering you’re hoping for a third boy?

Tex and Fern - so glad to hear from you guys! Hope you get to post more. Tex, I always love an update from everyone, TTC or not.

Dobs - argh poor A with the croup. Hopefully he’ll have a nice healthy spell and it will be an absolute dream for you.

Pretty - glad you feel better about telling your mum. Are you waiting for the scan before telling SO?

Flueks - awesome reveal pics and I’m gojng to have to check this video out on Facebook soon.

CB - I was jealous about your jacket potato. When I used to work in Canary Wharf in London, then were a jacket potato joint whose name I forget but I used to love getting one with ham, baked beans and cheese. Mmmmmm.

Forgetting lots, I know, sorry! I just caught up on many pages.

AFM I’m just busy with school. So glad Tilly has adjusted to daycare so I can actually do some work. My dissertation has been receiving less of my attention than it should though because I’m spending most of my time preparing to see patients and then doing so much admin and paperwork relating to that. It’s nerve wracking but nice to get into. I saw my first couple (for couples therapy) recently and that was... interesting. I’m not sure they’ll be coming back! I’m also doing a course in clinical psychopharmacology, and Shae if you’re reading this, I thought of you and some of your gut problem, since some antidepressants can totallt mess with your guys. Actually one of my current patients can’t yake any psych meds coz they all seem up mess her up in that way. Idk either you’ve considered this? Anyway, just thought of you, that’s all.

I really wonder how M+S is doing.

Jez I also think of M&S every so often. I hope she’s okay, I worry because I know her mental health wasn’t very stable especially with her postpartum depression.
Zoloft definitely can mess with my stomach, I’ve been forgetting to take them and I took a half dose last Monday and an hour later I puked it up. I’m actually trying again today, I took a 1/4 dose a few hours ago. I’m a bit nauseous but not so much I need to actually puke. Yet. We’ll see how those goes I guess. I don’t think the Zoloft has anything to do with the prolapse I had, though. My mom thinks I might fit the criteria for Hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos, a connective tissue disorder, with which prolapses are very common. There’s a bunch of symptoms, but there’s 3 sections of criteria and you must fulfill 2/3 sections and I fulfill one symptom section, the other two are joint dislocations (nope, but my sister has that, she can voluntarily dislocate her thumb, and dislocated her shoulder falling off a chair as a toddler) OR family history. Well, my dad probably has the same thing but he’s not diagnosed and his dad wasn’t either despite also having many of the symptoms so how would I actually get the family history? I would say that my sister is actually more likely to have it than I am, but then again her super low tone stuff is from my mom I think, so she might just be a mix of my parents’ extremes. Who knows at this point? Okay I’m rambling. Anyway, my chronic constipation could definitely be from my Zoloft, but my diet affects it a lot too. It often goes away when I’m eating at the dining hall. I was often constipated during the summer because I wasn’t eating regularly or healthily at all.

Dobs yeah tbh I wish your ex would just go away too, he’s caused so much stress and heartache for you and A. Although I wish he would pay the damn child support he owes you.

Oh and Jez, I just realized Tilly is gonna be 2 in 2 months! That’s so crazy! I remember when you came on to this thread after your BFN cycle!

shae - Not feeling any judgement here. :)

Dobby - I don't think she senses anything.

Gigs and Jez - I have my first prenatal appt on Tuesday. I'm gonna try to get my blood work done ASAP and hope I can get a scan booked for this coming weekend. If not, the weekend after will do. I figure I'll tell him after the blood results come back. I'll probably say something like "I have an appt coming up that I think you should come to."

CB gad Nuala is feeling better. Ah and just over a month until your leave. I suppose I need to get cracking soon on setting mine up ;)

Caz hope you get it figured out. Sounds like an ultrasound could be useful to investigate.

Gigs thanks! Oh and happy belated birthday!! So sorry I missed that last night

I was wanting something for pain at 4cm. My only option was epidural, but I had to wait to be transferred to other hospital, sign papers, have labs drawn and results back. Omg it was awful, I had no classes on how to deal at all with labor pain. Hope next time I deal with it better. I suppose at least my epidural at 8.5cm didn't stall labor much at all.

Have you thought of middle name for Myles??

Future I say cross that bridge when/if it gets there. When do you usually O?? I'm already thinking of you testing :haha:

Greenie eagerly awaiting your test. Hope you get your beta result today.

AFM ugh feel like death on a cracker. I'm just really exhausted. Think I'll go home early today. Thank goodness for salary!!
I have phoned them and asked to speak with a doctor that's what in going to ask hopefully we should have answers then

:hi: girls 13 days late today bloods have come back normal so I have ask for doctor to ring me I want a ultrasound done

Caz hm hopefully you figure out what’s going on with the ultrasound!

Just took my second nursing exam. I was feeling really confident and then the last 15 questions or so (out of 50) were way harder. I’m not totally sure what to expect for my grade, I’m guessing low 80s, hopefully no lower than an 80 because if it’s lower than an 80 I have to meet my faculty advisor, it’s the program rules.

Holy moly Tilly is approaching 2??!!! That is so crazy.

Jez just get the bracelet! It's $35 for silver but you can get a cheaper metal. You can also ask about the ability to add a bear later before you order. Here's a picture of the inside. I figure at this price, if she can't add a bear later should that be a thing, i can spare $35 in a couple years for another. This one will become a keepsake, like my necklace i have too (it's a pendant with a mama bear and 2 babies)

image.jpg

CB we took pumpkin bump pic that night after the reveal. I've actually never put my bump pics on FB. I think my bump looks funny where at belly button it sinks in. I suppose it's to do with my normal tummy fat.

Yay for surprise shower and lots of food. Yes sugar and caffeine can ruin naps or bed time. Glad Riley still zonked out.

Pretty well I hope this bub isn't too far off from lmp. I'd say a week at latest if I recall your dates right. Glad to hear you'll go in with an open mind. I just hate to read about women worrying when it's just because they Od later. Seriously, some doctors are in the stone age about conception only being CD14. Anyways, sorry to rattle on. I hope they are a month apart for your sake :) I can't recall was alex born before or after his edd?? Very interesting your mom brought that up. I do agree that SO should know before her.

Dobby I hope you get some rest. Lits of love and :hugs: oh and thank you on the pumpkins.

Shae Thank you. Wow below an 80. As long as we passed (75 or higher) we never had to seek advisement. In any case I'm sure you did well. Do you guys go over the test after everyone has turned in theirs?

Gigs it's on my FB page. If you have one and want to add me, just PM me and I'll give you my name :)

I was glad I had a bump for that shirt. It wasn't too expensive, I actually used the 40% deal motherhood was running at the time to get it.

Yay for your friend and isn't hard to believe there are actually women who only test once, twice, or once a week x2 weeks. It makes me realize how insane I am :rofl:

Oh and yes that was V who pooedin the tub the other weekend. Haha hope he doesn't make it a habit. So far V hasn't done it again. I just picked her up and hovered her over the tub :haha:

Sounds like a lovely tradition. We used to always put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving. It feels special. I have to work so I'll probably make my tradition that Saturday :)

Jez good luck on finishing that dissertation. Omg I know you can't really say due to privacy but I'm curious deep down about that couple therapy experience of yours.

Oh and yes it is hard to believe Tilly is nearly 2. Hard to believe how long this thread has been going.

Caz hope you get an answer soon. Limbo is awful because your mind can wander off into thinking horrible things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->