General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Pacific that is so exciting! Fingers crossed that leads to you owning it! Have youvtehomed all the animals yet?

Has hubby leaked any sex-revealing hints yet? :haha:

Flueky - Glad to hear it was nothing serious.

Pacific - Good luck!

Ugh, today has sucked...

- Dropped Alex off at daycare, raced to the bank, took care of some dumbass-ery on my part, then raced back to pick him up for his/our Dr appt
- He got 2 shots today, but has to come back for his flu shot in a month, so there's another day I'll be late for work (where I'm paid hourly)
- Was told I had to come back in a couple weeks for a prenatal physical (so, more time off work). My Dr is away right now and if the person subbing for her is a guy, I'm declining
- Got my blood work paperwork, but nothing for a scan
- Got the blood work done, but the nurse realized she needed to fill 2 more vials after she already pulled out the needle
- For the 3rd day in a row, I forgot to bring wipes to daycare for Alex, so I gave them the pack from his diaper bag. Of course, he decides to poop twice at the Dr's office
- Spent the rest of the day at work feeling just blah and out of it
- Picked up Alex from daycare and found out that over the 2 days they'd allotted for picture day, and a few attempt, he was crying too much to have his pic taken
- SO worked a half day from home and had brought up the idea of doing something in the slow cooker that he could keep an eye on, but when he came to my house to pick us up, he asked what I wanted to do for dinner. I said I thought he was doing something in the slow cooker and he said we never really decided on anything. So, who was making dinner, after cleaning all the pots and pans and utensils we needed cuz nothing ever gets cleaned by him? Me
- And now the website to view my blood results has gone full ******ed and won't let me access anything

On top of all that, I have done next to nothing for Halloween. I feel so defeated. I just wanna go to bed and wake up in mid-November. -.-

Here's my last cheapie from today, for all you POAS-aholics.
Screenshot_20181023-064515~2.png

Jez super awk :(

Pl fxed!!! Hope it all works out

Fluek glad you got the gel. It’s def scary but hoping the quick action prevents any serious complications.

A has a runny nose and I have meetings before and after school so tired. And irritated like your kids have 3.5-4.0 gpas and we have conferences in three weeks anyway whhhhhy lol oh well gotta earn my keep haha

Pretty I forgot wipes too! Worst part being they were in my car I just kept forgetting to take them out and finally today (with the b* tone) she goes I had to use another kids wipes. Like get over it i know people used my diapers and wipes so stfu it was one day haha but I feel you. Don’t beat yourself up and one small thing at a time. Hope the website is back up soon

Gigs sorry you feel big I bet you still look fab. You always look so cute in your bump shots

Shae gl with school! I hate test season

Afm just still drowning under work and court stuff and being sick and life. A’s 15m check was yesterday. 31in and 22lbs 14.8oz, so still hanging out in the 30s and 50s percentiles. I did fill out an ASQ-3 form because I brought up the comments about autism but really my concern he has a speech delay. I got his eval from daycare and they noted they same concerns of lack of disinterest in certain types of communication and lack of words. Apparently he can’t wait his turn like duh he’s an only child with a single mom who is overcompensating for his shit dad. He knows not this waiting concept lol. So we’ll hear back sometime about what kaiser’s plan is/if he will need testing. Which i’m Sure he will. A speech delay doesn’t worry me as long as it’s not connected to anything else. Was also annoyed to find out we could have gotten our flu shots then instead of waiting 45m to do it at the flu clinic r_r but I would have waited anyway cuz I wanted it done asap before we got sick again hahaha

Flue season is upon us... Good luck to all in fending it off.

Thanks for all the good vibes, we'll probably need them. Today I feel better that we may get the property. DH is a good degotiator, so I'll shut up and let him do ALL the talking ;)

Dobs, good luck with the court sh!t. Hope it goes away soon! And yeah, poop on the daycare, pretty sure if it's a few days they can just replace another babies wipes that they took when you bring in another pack... *Insert eye roll emoji*

Gigs, are you having a cescrtion or vbac? I cant remember...
I'll be attempting a vbac with my mw in attendance at the hospital. But apparently protocol has it that I still need a obgyn appointment in third trimester as a check up. *Insert another eye roll*
No, DH is keeping me on my toes and me him on baby gender! Before L was born a friend gave us a couple of bags of baby clothes. We sorted out the clean gender neutral stuff we liked. Since we don't want to pack it all with us, DH is supposed to sort through it. Anyway he hasn't yet, so today I sorted out the newborn-3 month old girly summer clothes. May and June aren't dress temperatures here.

Pretty sorry your day was crappy :(

Dobs I hope the court crap gets dealt with soon, and I hope A’s speech delay resolves and that he doesn’t have any other autism signs.

Jez interesting on the couples therapy. I understand them wanting a quick fix, but of course it’s not realistic. It sounds like they don’t argue terribly often, so that’s confusing. Maybe just that when they do argue it escalates so much? SO and I sometimes have that problem, but our big fights only happen every few months. I’ve noticed we fight over texts the most because we don’t see the other person or hear their tone so we depersonalize the argument and just get angry. I prefer to call him when we’re arguing because it softens our anger when we hear each other’s voices, so the argument goes better.

Today I had my midterm evaluation for clinical. My instructor said I got satisfactory aka I passed (which is the goal, we’re not supposed to get above expectations at midterm). She wants me to practice taking blood pressure on multiple people each clinical because I do still struggle with taking BPs (which I totally agree with, I 100% need more practice). She also said I get word vomit (not with patients but with the clinical group when not on the floor) and I need to work on thinking before I speak/share too much cuz it’s about professionalism. Ouch, but totally fair. I totally get word vomit and share things that I should just keep to myself lol. I get frustrated at myself when I realize I’ve done it again, but I have a hard time realizing until after it’s already been said. Anyway. Passed that, just waiting to get my test grade back from lecture that I took on Monday. I have a microbiology test tomorrow at 8 am. I’m so exhausted, I’m not getting enough sleep, I’m just staying up late studying and doing stupid ATI modules and I’m barely functioning at this point. Blech. Also Taco Bell gave me a beef burrito when I asked and paid for chicken, so it’s a crappy night :rofl:

Shae you seem to be getting on ok with your tests though hun & its all new, your sailing through :)

Pretty your cheapie test is blazing positive! Hope all goes well when u decide to tell ye blokey! Dont beat yeself up hun, your only human, i have days like that aswell & you want to say f**k it to everything! Today will be a better day my lovely :hugs:

Ha Gigs I totally have the sweet sugar thing going on this pg aswell, i need to put actual weight on though as ive not gained alot, i think its just all baby lol! Glad you feel abit more energised with re to the Iron supplements.. get yeself some Prune juice & ready to eat dried Apricots if your worried about constipation hun, that’ll certainly keep things regular lol!

I forgot to ask my MW about another blood draw for Iron check as i feel pooped most days, i know she’ Be doing one on my 34wk apt in couple wks! I had my Flu & Whooping cough vaccines yesterday... O M G! My bloody arm from the whooping cough one is killing me (normal apparently) & so it was awkward to sleep with that & then my hips & lower back jammed up in the night whilst trying to roll to get out of bed for a pee (3 times arhhhh) so ive had hardly any sleep, feel like i could cry atm as im hobbling around this morning like an old lady & a limp in pain :( Sorry to moan, i should feel blessed that im pg & baby is fine but i hurt so much, never had it with my other 2 pg’s..

CB yeah my grades are coming out pretty well, so I’m glad/thankful/proud re: my grades. I’m just drowning in the work and the studying. I tend to need a nap by mid afternoon, so I end up staying up until at least 2 am doing the work and/or studying for the next exam. I’ll have a few days with no work at all for me to do, I’ll be all caught up, and then suddenly I have 5 assignments due all at once. I had a weekend where I got ahead and did a bunch of stuff days before they were due, that was great, I was ahead, and then an avalanche of assignments hit and I was back to square one. It’s just frustrating and time consuming and exhausting. I’ll have a bit of a break once tomorrow (technically today as it’s nearly 4 am) is over, I gotta do a module due midnight tomorrow/today after exam/class/lab, then I can sleep until lab at 1 pm Thursday. I just gotta make it through tomorrow. I expect tomorrow to go poorly energy wise and wellness/wellbeing wise. I just want to get it over with. I’m trying to study for my micro exam at 8 am and I just want to sleep. I’m scared I’m gonna sleep through my alarms and miss the exam cuz I’m so tired. I had a debilitating headache (it was my whole forehead, not one side, so not a migraine I don’t think, though my migraine meds kicked in after about an hour) at the end of clinical and I had to nap until like 9 pm, otherwise I would be done with everything and sleeping rn.
Anyway, enough about me.
I’m sorry about the pain you’re having, that’s so awful, especially in the third trimester. Don’t feel bad about moaning about it, I’m constantly complaining, it’s like my unofficial favorite pastime at this point lol

Cb I wasn't sure on how many days. Not typically a thing I deal with from my nursing job. The only other time I used the gel was when I wasn't currently active so it wasn't an issue. So, in short thanks because I was figuring just 2 days. Poor DH:haha: oh and I wonder why it seems to bother some more than others. In all fairness I noticed it on a Sunday morning with V but blew it off until Monday afternoon. I also had a bad UTI with no symptoms but culture cameack with 2 different bacteria. So maybe a combo of things??

Hope you got some rest :)

Oh and my flu shot made my arm quite sore this year. I could only sleep on my left side for like 3 nights. Ugh, it was so annoying. Hope your arm feels better soon.

Gigs, I suppose it would be nice to just have one, but I couldn't imagine them being on call 24/7. There is one n the town I live in, but he's a joke. He did a hysterectomy on MIL when her problem was a kidney stone. Also he removes staples too early. He wouldn't tell my husbands cousin gender until 3rd tri because he hates it not being a surprise. Yeah, just no to that crap.I will say it can be tough finding a group practice that you like all the providers. There are actually more at the group but they don't all do OB. In fact my normal gyn there doesn't deliver anymore.

I hope you can avoid that one dr. So far I haven't met 2 of the providers who deliver. I'm meeting one of them in November.

I also could only get 1.5 to 2 oz. Sometimes less than an ounce. I felt like it was just me, but maybe not. I'm super excited to get to try again with BF and pumping. Would be nice to save money by not buying formula.

You know I wonder if people gain more with boys?? My mom gained 60lbs with my bro and 45 lbs with me. She was a skinny minnie though. I've gained 5 or 6lbs but not surehow I've not gained more. I'm not eating as healthy as I did with V. In any case I thinj we are our own worst critics and sure you look lovely.

Pretty beautiful bfp!! Oh man your day sounds awful. I hate days like that. I hope today is better. Once you get results you telling SO then?

Dobby you would think with those gpas conferences wouldn't be needed.

Hope A gets over croup soon and his eval goes well if it's done. As far as percentiles I think it's related so much to their genes, then again he might hit a growth spurt.

Shae sounds like it went well. You will get the hang of getting manual bp. Oddly enough around here most settings use automatic bp machine. I don't like those though.

Well I hope you get your assignments an studying all caught up or even ahead. Nursing school seems to do that. You are like this is so nice to have a little free time then omg why is everything due now!! This semester is nearly over though , what a little over a month, you can do it :)

Also I accudently got a beef quesorrito instead of a chicken one. I was pretty bummed too. It's just not as good as the chicken.

On the whole, I usually prefer Beef over Chicken.. although when u order something its because u quite fancy it at the time so i would be a tad unamused if my order was hashed up!

Yes Flueks def give it a few days after finushing the gel treatment before jiggy or if u do, use condoms maybe? & omg to that Dr not telling the parents the babies Gender because it was his pref??! What an arse! I would change Drs!

SO has resorted to pull out since i had that bleed the other week, i said we could try it like normal but he don’t wanna risk it & have another bleed.. It Makes me laugh really, im very pregnant because he was slack with pull out & now im very pg hes fine to pull out everytime #eyeroll

I purchased lots more baby goodies yesterday aswell, dbl buggy, baby bath, nappies & lotsa other tid bits, we’ve only a few minimal bits to get now & then i need to think of my Hospital bag uhhhh so many lists & stuff lol! SO doesnt know ive ordered a dbl buggy hahaa we agreed we weren’t going to bother with one & get a Buggy Board that Nuala can stand on which clips to the existing buggy but thinking off if we go oit for the day, she still naps & if shes ill etc.. we’ll still use the single one we have with carseat attachments, just trying to make things as easy as poss really!

Cb did you schedule that keepsake ultrasound yet? Ahhh I need a crib and double stroller but haven't seen any I want yet :/ trying to buy used to save money...

Ladies eep be careful with those shots, especially with newbie nurses; my poor mom nearly lost mobility in her arm last year from it. If you're having a lot of pain and trouble moving it definitely ask your dr. She needed physical therapy to recover, and like most things, the earlier you address it the better. She is good now but it was almost a full year for her to regain mobility (which is lucky, sometimes it can be permanent).

ANYWAY...shae good job so far! Sorry about the negative comment on your "word vomit", i'd take it personally and be upset :haha:

Pretty yikes i hate days like that. And clueless SO's. The way I get through is take out or fast food of my choosing :haha: any cravings or aversions yet?

Omg Fluek how does he keep clients?!!!

Ugh been having a pity party for one over here, felt robbed of celebrating my bday. Hubs never got a sitter for us to make a day trip so we never did it. He got me a couple gifts which was nice, but I was really hoping to do something with him alone, mainly a day trip out of town. But he never takes initiative to set these things up...it's why i always have to plan my own birthdays and I'm sick of it. Makes me feel super unappreciated and then if I directly tell him what to do i feel like in a way i'm still planning it myself. We got the ban so i feel like that has become my birthday "thing" and i'm an ass for wanting more...but that was coincidence, we could have bought it next month.

Ok i'm done ranting...I've just been so emotional recently but i think this is usually how i am around my bday.

Flueks that doctor sounds like he should lose his license. I hope people have reported his actions to the medical board.

CB that’s funny that he suddenly cares about pulling out when he didn’t before and you ended up pregnant. My SO is no nonsense about that stuff at this point, if I miss a pill we’re putting on a condom wayyy before he gets to finishing. I’m more lax, I don’t care at this point if I only miss a pill or two if he uses a condom or not, partly cuz that little devil on my shoulder wants a baby lol. When I missed the 2 pills we were starting without a condom and we were gonna put it on after a bit and after like 5 minutes he made me stop and get the condom cuz he felt like he was getting too close already lol, that’s not his norm at all, it’s normally much longer. Then of course he couldn’t finish with the condom cuz it just takes away so much of the sensation, we had a thin one too. Ugh. I can’t wait until I can be off all birth control and just use FAM instead, which I don’t think he’d be okay with until we’re out of college, have our own place together and a steady income, and probably are married too lol.

Gigs I wonder if they hit a nerve in your mom’s arm? That’s so scary, having to do rehab because of a flu shot. I get sore arm after some shots but never that bad. And about the word vomit comment, I already knew it was a problem I have so I didn’t take it personally really, but I was still a little upset. I kept my composure, though, I just said I know it’s something I have to work on, I’m the one who called it word vomit to refer to the issue in my response, when she brought it up she said like “you said these personal things, you shouldn’t share stuff like that, it’s unprofessional”. I felt one of my eyes watering but I managed to hold it together, no tears escaped, and I just wiped my eye after I left the room.
Sorry about your birthday not being how you hoped. I feel like men aren’t always the best with that stuff, though I don’t think it’s a good excuse for them not to figure it out. Have you told him that you want him to plan things himself for you two? I’ve found if you don’t tell them outright, they won’t know or assume to do stuff. Anyway, I hope your birthday was okay otherwise and that you liked your gifts.

Yes, I told him. He screwed the pooch on the babysitting and it feels like an "oh well!" Situation...he said "we'll celebrate later". I am doubting it. Between that and the "cop-out" birthday dinner with the inlaws...yeah. Feeling cheated. Wish i could just get over it or not care so much in the first place. I think i'm just jealous. For hubby's bday we did exactly what he wanted, i set up everything bigger than he expected and he had a great time...plus we had a big family brunch with all his favorite food and hos favorite birthday cake (remember the disc golf basket topper?).

Gahhhh i wish I didn't care!

In other news found me with Lev (pink shirt) and now both at 26 weeks (about). Feels like i'm looking slightly larger. Not as big as i was with Des though, thankfully!

F24F1D87-C044-4706-BE8C-DCC3CC3B58AC.jpg

Awww Gigs your Bump is so cute <3

il keep an eye on my achey arms thanks hun.. its mainly the whooping cough one that hurts, the Flu ones nowhere near as painful, if I remember rightly i think my arm upper arm ached for couple days with the jab when pg with Nuala .. glad your mums arm mobility came back but ouch for her.

Im always more emotional around my bday, its weird, im more sensitive about things. Sorry you never got to have a day out with hubs, maybe let him know you want to do something still & book a sitter ready & tell him to plan something of a suprise :)

Ahhh no ive not booked it, infact, i think il go online in just a minute & look at booking one! My memory is shocking atm, awful clumsy too lol

Shae - that naughty lil devil on your shoulder :haha: love it! Yes, i think SO is more worried about the baby stuff re pull out, fair do’s i guess, tbh id quite easily go without jiggy as i ache so much but blokes have needs i suppose lol

Cb i am confused what difference man goo will make? Did he have an explanation?

Gigs ouch yeah that sounds like he’s either not listening or not investing effort into making you happy. Both are sucky. Hopefully he makes up for it?
I’d say your bump looks a little rounder this time around, not sure if it’s bigger. Either way, both pics are super cute!

CB I’m so young that I have equal needs to SO lol so I’m all about the jiggy. I also don’t have kids tiring me out. My drive might go down a bit after having a kid or two lol, it’s pretty common. Also if you have aches or pains that would make you not want to do the jiggy. SO sometimes is in too much pain to do it. He has bad back pain and hip pain.

So we were supposed get our nursing exam grades back by 3 pm and we haven’t, my roommate said she heard they’re removing questions, likely the ones everybody got wrong. I just hope they don’t remove ones I got right and therefore increase the points per question and lower my grade.

Sorry gigs your bday wasnt what you expected. Cute bump shots!

Shae, they probably are removing questions that were poorly written, aka coukd be interpreted with multiple correct answers. Hopefully in your favor. ;)

Afm, 24 weeks! Holy smokes! DH and I sorted out 2 giant bags of clothes today (one if them his), packed a bunch, watched L make a mess with cereal on the kitchen floor and started dreaming of our living situation if we were to get that 24 acres. Now my entire pelvis hurts, and I am resting, oh wait, gotta prep dinner!

PL i continue to admire your stamina whilst pregnant! I hope your move is relatively smooth. When is your meeting with the sellers?

Thanks ladies, I am relieved to see my size at this point appears to be my norm. And here, for comparison, the addition of me at 24+5 with Des, a little bigger than now and a week behind :shock: ugh I got SOOO big with him!

Also hibs admits he forgot but because there is a lot going on. We are tentatively planning to have a day adventure next month...but I'm sure I'll have to remind him to get his mom to babysit. Hopefully at nearly 30 weeks i'll be up for a day of walking around!

I'm starting to get occasional achey pain in my pelvic bones. It was initially after driving, then that stopped, but today it hurt again after standing up from laying down. Is that SPD?

Cb like you i'm finding pregnancy 3 to be a bit more painful !

CB yeah he wouldn't tell my MIL when she was pregnant with DH and he told DHs cousin so late. I'd have been furious if I was her. I suppose though maybe it was an insurance thing she's probably 50 to 55 minutes from my ob office. So maybe that's why. There is another group in town but I think she doesn't like the hospital they go to.

Maybe he wanted another in a way but didn't want to really try. Hehe men though.

I might regret it, but I'm not planning on a double stroller. I loved my baby ktan and wish I'd have got it sooner with V. I plan to baby wear and push V in stroller. I can see how one woud be handy though and may break down at some point to get one.

Gigs I hear ya. It's hard finding something you want/need that's to your liking used. I'm hoping I can find a bassinet I like but not holding my breath. I do have one on my registry though just in case.

Wow on your mom. It sounds like it didn't go in the right spot. Mine was given by a nurse at work but she's been in an office role for a bit. When I worked at hospital they had the pharmacy students give them to us. I'm glad he regained her mobility though.

I really don't know unless it's a "tradition" thing and people don't know any better.

I hope that hubs keeps his word about next month and that you feel up to it.

I think you look great!! I even think this bump is a smidge smaller than Lev bump.

Shae yes I agree. If it happened to me personally I would.

Oh and I wanted to also say about saying "unprofessional" things. The floor nurses and one of our small hh office nurses I worked with could make a sailor blush . I would usually get red faced and quiet. I learned what Jacob's ladder was from them. Maybe I was just sheltered though. In any case I feel as long as it's not said around patient's, it's not sexual harrassment, or acting like a toddler then meh.

Oh and I bet it's some of those last 15 you said were quite tough. Occasionally they threw out one I'd gotten right. I felt cheated:haha:

Pacific happy V day!!! Get some rest and take it easy ;)

AFM think I'm going to try to go to bed.

Hahaa i see exactly what Dobs is implying there :haha: alot less likely as natural ov’i g but never say never Lol ;) Awwww i bet your Mum was overjoyed MrsG <3 & that second Blood result is bloomin awesome!!

Dobby if it helps i do stuff like that all the time, SO will be like ‘erm.. that was from that tv programne the other week??!’ Oh.. hahaaa!!!

Tex, so lovely to hear from you chick! Big hugs for the last part of baby goods leaving yoir house :hugs: i will still pray for a rainbow baby for you though <3 & what is it about men (not boys lol) but aren’t they all boys really?? Haha! What is it about Xbox/PlayStation gaming pffft!! #eyeroll

Futur, my MC cycle was pretty much the same as my usual one hun.. pains & Ovulation around the same time poss a day or so later than usual but other than that... but they say the bod is highly fertile straight after MC or having a baby so to speak, if your feeling emotionally ok, crack straight on hun! I had my MC cycle & then my next monthly period was my last & here i am nearly 32 weeks & weren’t even trying ha ha! Fertile myrtle :haha:

Flueks, i LOVED your halloweeny baby gender reveal video on fb, your family & friends are so thrilled for you, its lovely! Hope your tiredness isn’t too bad today.. Will you be having any 3/4d bubba scans this pg?

Im so rubbish i need to book one in, they only do them upto 34wks with BabyBond so need to get my booking butt in gear! Its only £99 so it wont break the bank, £30 deposit on booking & remaining £69 on the day!

HR yes we need to see test pics lol! We love a squinter hehe! Maybe you ovulated just slightly later than expected.. i def have had cycles like that esp when ive not been temp tracking (unless you have been) not all ladies get those positives straight away & takes a few days for lines to appear, when is your period due hun? I read back over last night but fell asleep trying to do my replys lol zzzZ

I buyed a couple of maternity buts today, some tan tights which are omg so comfy, leggings & a lovely black lacey 3/4 arm length top that has a tie up bit around the neck at the back, very lovely & doesnt look too Maternity like so I could get away with wearing it after ;)

Just watched a trailer advert for the new Halloween film.. jeez does Michael ever actually die???! Lol! I thought he was killed in H20!
I’m due tomorrow. We shall see. I don’t feel like it’s coming. Been having weird light cramps off and on for 2 days and tons of white cm but that’s way out of the norm. Normally I’m dry dry and start having horrible cramps as soon as I start af

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->