General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

AFM shoulder isn't perfect but much better. I suppose I need to be very careful.

I ordered a breast pump Saturday. The spectra s2. My insurance covers it except for the carrying bag I got to go with it. When I ordered it said my insurance wouldn't allow them to ship until baby is born and email i recieved yesterday from aeroflow said same. I got an email this morning that it's shipped so I'm pretty stoked about that. I really struggled getting milk from PISA. I'm hoping I can EBF before going back to work but pump while I'm off to build a stash.

Seems my insurance wants to fight tge pharmacy about my injections. They denied then approved my September shipment. Then again this month they've denied so here's to it getting approved again. I really don't see why they would deny the refill this month.

Alright enough blabbing

Hey! Just popping in to say Hi and that I should be back in here just after Christmas! Also hoping that after that TTC will finally be a regular thing .... or even better..... once more then off to a frantic 9 months of panic!

Like a little excited kid waiting for Santa.

Fluek if peeing on tests is a measure of insanity I'm so screwed. Glad the shoulder is better..ahh I forgot I think I put a pump on my registry , i wanted to ask if any of you heard of it but I can't remember the name :-k now wtf with your insurance?! Can you call them and explain it was already previously approved? I would be livid.

Flueky, the spectra s2 is awesome! It’s what I’m still using now... even though I’m working on weaning. I love it. I heard so many great things about it from others before I ordered.

Flueky - He was born 2 days early. But when I went for my dating scan at 8w3d and they said he was measuring 8w6d. So, I guess he was fairly "on time".

Needa good luck on ttc after Christmas!!

Gigs lol yup just about all of us would be in the psych ward.

Gigs generally speaking ACA made it where you qualify for a new breast pump each pregnancy so I would look into that before registering for it. Last time I was part of "healthy maternity" program with my insurance and with it they sent me a beeast pump. This time I went through aeroflow, the company had dabbled into wound vacs so I know they are legit. Edgepark is another one, but I never liked ordering wound care supplies for patient's with them. Anyways just a thought so maybe you could get a gift card or other higher priced item if you get a pump for free through insurance.

Michelle ah good to hear another great review of spectra s2. I'm pretty excited about it. I figured if I didn't like it I still have my PISA but I think I'll prefer the spectra. I could only pump 1 to 2 oz each time pumping 8 times a day. I just couldn't keep up with Vs appetite.

Pretty oh okay. So hope this one won't come late either.

I have a shared health plan, not a true insurance, so nope. But the pump wasn't bad in price. I'm going to have to check what it is when i have time...

Gigs oh okay. Well poop.

I'm at ob gyn. I didn't say earlier but woke up with wet panties. Not sure if I'm leaking amniotic fluid. It didn't smell like urine or leftover semen. Hoping it's one of those or even BV. Prayers please

Update: Not amniotic fluid. Waiting for more info.

Last edited:
Pheeew!! Glad its not waters Flueks! Urhh BV is rubbish, i suffer something awful when i get it, easily treated pg or not :thumbup:

Ive only ever had the Tommee Tippee electric breast-pump but only used it once or twice when trying to wean Nuala & Riley .. its ok, bit noisy tbh! I still have it now.. maybe il get a manual one & if i dont get on bf this time around id like to try pumping! Be good around crimbo time esp if i want some Wine lol

Thanks Dobby. How are you and A?

CB yes I've had it twice before. Once was many years ago and the other diagnosed the day before my waters broke with V. I ignored it a bit the day before I was diagnosed so it was my fault. This time it's not too bad, but it just frightens me as it feels like a repeat of my exp. with V.

Never heard of the tommee tippee one. I know the PISA was fairly loud. I've heard the spectra is much quieter and feels more natural. Sounds nice treating yourself to some wine at christmas :)

So he says it's a mild case of BV. So he's going to prescribe some gel to insert. He wants to be proactive with my history which I'm thankful for.

Thank goodness you seem to have an attentive dr Fluek! Hope you can clear it up and it causes no issues. I'll keep you in my thoughts, noooooooo more premature wee babes!

The pump is an EOV electric pump...? No idea, it's got 4/5 stars on amazon and less than $60. HAS to be better than the shitastic medela insurance pump i had last time!

Gigs thanks. They are an amazing group. You rotate through the OBs and midwives but they are awesome. I like meeting them at your visits so you should have met whomever is on call when you deliver. Ironically, the one that delivered V I had an appt with him for the next week :haha:

I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for anything suspicious because I don't want a premature labor and delivery. Hoping for at least 37 weeks.

I'll look into that pump. Good that it has high reviews though. I was really disappointed with my medela one. It was so rough, I think I could only handle the lowest setting. The hospital grade one, the symphony, was better, but not wanting to pay to rent one, then again since I'll meet my oop maybe I will if I have issues.

Flueks - ah so glad it wasn’t fluids. I can understand even with BV that you’d feel a bit uncomfortable given last time. But it sounds like it’s fairly common and easy to handle. Glad they’re being proactive.

Re: privacy and therapy, it’s okay as long as I don’t reveal any details that would easily identify the person/s to whoever might know them. It isn’t a really interesting story though. Basically there was some confusion at the start because they thought they were coming for a free consultation so they weren’t expecting to have to pay, and admin wasn’t around that day just by fluke, so I had to take the payment after they went back and forth about whether to go ahead or not (they didn’t know if their insurance would cover it and I couldn’t guarantee that it would), so it just wasn’t off to a good start. Then they basically described their problems as just being about arguing once a month about minor things, so I gave them some de-escalation techniques to start with, but they were totally skeptical. And then at the end (and i had already gone over by half an hour) one of them revealed that they feel like if these techniques don’t work, their relationship will be over. Just totally not the impression they gave prior to that. I should’ve explored that more but we were already over time. The skepticism I do understand, but I did try to manage their expectations about how it’s just an experiment and there’s so much more we will be doing that’s tailored specifically to them once I actually get a better feel of their relationship. Apparently it’s common for couples to want an instant fix. Wouldn’t that be nice. Anyway, hopefully it won’t be as bad next time.

Gigs - good point on always being able to get another $35 bracelet. It’s not exactly a fortune. I’d definitely want sterling silver. I love the writing on the inside!

Shae - I’m sure you’ll do just fine on the test. I bet you’d have felt better if the first 15 questions were tough and all the rest were easy. Hopefully you’ll get a good chunk of those 15 right though.

What is BV? Stupid question maybe....

Jez, it sounds like you have a handle on this from a therapist standpoint. It just comes down to whether or not they'll take your advice. Some people take it well, others just go through therapy to say they tried, but expect it to be a magic wand without putting in any effort themselves.

Afm: cross your fingers please! Remember the large acreage I was talking about a while back? We'll Thanksgiving DH and I decided to put an offer on, but found out that it was no longer for sale. Taken off the market because the seller ran into problems registering the lot. So a week goes by and our realtor suggests we try to lease it in the meantime, although legally it could be quite difficult. So we write up our ideas and we don't hear from the seller's agent. Ugh... Can you feel my pregnant frustrated.mind (we are moving out of here in a week!) Today we finally hear back from "the other side". They want to set up a meeting. Wohoo, it's a start, again I am stressed, but hopefully a step in the right direction.

Jez definitely. It's actually known to increase risk of premature labor so yikes. I have a feeling this won't be the last time I have it during pregnancy.

I think you are right. People let things go on until they are almost at a breaking point and go to therapy for an instant fix. I suppose there is so much instant gratification in this world it's hard to comprehend that healing relationships aren't that way.

Pacific it's bacterial vaginosis. It's very similar to a yeast infection. Basically my normal vaginal flora gets out of whack and bad normal flora take over. Fairly common in pregnancy.

Crossing my fingers for you on getting that land. That would be awesome!!

Your Dr sounds on the ball Flueks, so glad it wasnt anything other than mild BV.. you probs already know this but after you’ve had the internal antiB gel for it, leave it at least 3-5 days before sex as the gel wipes the slate clean of all Bacteria good/bad in the Vag & the good bacteria needs to rebuild other wise the BV comes back within a matter of days.. Semen is a big common cause of BV! I never knew when untreated it can cause pre-term labour aswell, i had it treated at wk 38 pg with Nuala but had it ALL the way throughthst pg... she still went 12 days over lil chimp lol!

Omg im soooooo tired zzzzzZ

Fluek basically all the obgyn practices here are groups. I don't like it...hoping once my surgeon has been established i can just stick with him/her the rest of the pregnancy. If i'm honest it's really one particular doctor i'm hoping to avoid. Last pregnancy i used my favorite GP but he's since moved out of state :(
Interesting i'm not the only one with medela pump issues! I had the opposite though, a oump loud as crap but horribly inefficient. I think the most i got out in a session was a pathetic 1.5oz, and i could turn it on max and be comfortable with it. I thought it was just me :( so upset I didn't even think to try a different pump. At least i know better this time.

Jez that sounds super awkward. Hopefully they give it another go. Do you ever see couples you think are just doomed and shouldn't waste effort trying to patch things up?

Cpp are you in the tww yet?

Afm feeling ENORMOUS. I don't feel like baby is big, it's more like I feel big...up 30lbs already :dohh: i do feel like my energy is coming back a little after just one day of iron supplements so i'm hoping to continue that trend and get back into walking and maybe some prenatal work outs. Bonus if I can kick this damn constant sugar craving!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->