• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Ya, it's called Sneak Peek. I've heard mixed reviews, but mostly positive. I bought a kit when they were on sale several months ago. You have to be very careful when using it so that you don't cross contaminate and get an incorrect reading. But if it does end up being wrong, you get a full refund. Once I have the results, I'll still wait and see what the anatomy scan says. But even still, I'll probably keep the gender private until the birth.

And sorry to hear you're not sleeping well. :(

Ah okay, sneak peek is one where you prick your finger at home and send the sample to a lab to test for male dna. I just checked out the website, you can take it at 9 weeks or later, and you have to sanitize everything and scrub under your fingernails and wash your hands and air dry to avoid towels contaminating your hands and get the sample in a “male free environment” so it doesn’t get contaminated by, for example, your SO’s DNA from like microscopic skin flakes or something. I think that means as long as you sanitize the surface you’re using, wash your hands, and make guys stay out of the room while you do it, it should be good.

This makes me worry a little bit for a youtuber I watch. She’s 10 weeks and had a gender reveal using sneak peek (she posted the reveal today) and it’s a boy, but she has a 1.5 year old son and I’m hoping she properly sanitized the area and kept her son and fiancé out of the room, because if she didn’t she might actually be having a girl and that would be a shock.

Ah wow i've never heard of the sneak peak test... Do you have a gender pref Pretty?

Fleuks, 2 is actually not much diff to having 1 tbh, you'll ace it .. im scared for the jump from 2 to 3 though LOL :shock: I hope V & your Mum feel better soon :hugs:

Yeah the actual activity of the Sex doesn't cause any issues at all, i guess his manhood doesn't reach my Cervix with the position we mainly do lol..

Sorry about the sleep deprivation etc Dobbs.. big hugs hun xx

CB - just copy/pasting this from a different thread: "On one hand, we already have lots of clothing for a boy. And, since him and my older son would be close in age, they'd be ok to bunk together if we end up with a couple more kids and not a lot of bedrooms. lol. Also, I think we'd be waaaaay more in agreement about a boy name than a girl name. But I want a girl soooooo bad. If we ended up with one of each, it'd take the stress off of hoping for and trying to make sure #3 is a girl. So, I guess I'm leaning more towards girl."

Ah Girls are lovely but so are boys, they'll be besties <3

I thought it was very poss a girl this pg but most def a Boy lol!

I just booked my 3/4D baby bonding scan arhhhhhh so excited hehe! Its next Saturday 3rd Nov @ 12:20, cannot wait :)

Hi ladies!

Sorry it's been a little crazy over here. Last week Michael and I were sick, got better in time for busy fall festive weekend and then this week max got really sick and it turned into an ear infection... I actually am awake before the boys so I've finally caught up.

My sister ordered the sneak peak test. It was actually aupposed to arrive yesterday but the mail lady messed up. It's like $70 or $80 for regular testing and around $140 for overnight or speedy testing or something. I think as long as you're careful it's accurate. My sister actually talked to her lab about getting the testing done and they referred her to this test because it's so much cheaper and still accurate.

Gigs- sorry about the birthday. I know how ya feel. I've never received a birthday present from DH. The most we've done is dinner date, but usually dinner at home. I've gotten used to it.

Shae- congrats on the test!

Future- good luck!!! Sounds like good timing.

Sorry that's all I can remember. Haven't gotten much sleep lately.
First appointment is scheduled for Nov 20th but I emailed my doc to see if I could change it to later in the day so the day itself might get moved too. We shall see.

So am apparently 4 dpo now. These crazy low temps definitely threw me for a loop but I would agree with FF marking here.

CPP you totally don’t have to answer me but how long have you been TTC for?

What a week.... thank God it’s Friday. I had a rough day today. My teaching partner called in sick and there were no subs available so i had to take her classes in with mine and it was so much chaos. On top of that I was supposed to go grocery shopping for lab supplies next week and didn’t get to go. So now i have to go first thing Monday morning.

My husband had also decided he once again hates his job. He’s tired of dealing with “dumbasses” and “he can’t see this job going anywhere” ummm hello dear if you keep quitting your job every 2 years it’s never gonna go anywhere since you’re constantly starting over. And I’m pretty sure dumbasses are everywhere and you will always have to deal with them. Unless you somehow find a job that you never have to see another human being. He’s being stupid and he wants to quit and I’m just like fine whatever just freaking quit. I’m tired of hearing you bitch about it and you coming home in a horrendous mood.

I’m so ready for Thanksgiving break so I can have a week off. I’m just stressed out and trying to hide it. Sigh....

Sorry Texas... Hope DH realises that he'll just have to stick out some job to move up!

My work day was ok, but came home to hubby telling me that the home I had lined up for the sheep fell through... So I have 5 days to find them another. Can I just stomp my feet?? Just when things seem to go ok, here is another curve ball!

And then he comes home from work just now and we got into a fight. I knew better than to talk to him until he goes and “chills” in the shop with his green but he knows how to push my buttons for a response and damn if I didn’t rise to the occasion.... eye roll... so now I’m pissed and when he comes in he will magically be in a better mood while I will still be pissy. Ugh happy Friday indeed

Pretty you never know. V will have some jealousy I'm sure, but honestly she's not much for cuddling and is usually fine playing by herself. She likes to be held when drinking her milk though. I think overall she'll do pretty well with a new baby. She adores other kids both older and younger.

Only a week and a half til your appt. Time will seem to stand still at moments then fly by at others. 2nd tri has really whizzed by for me.

Interesting, I believe Nyx did sneak peak as well and got a girl result which I believe was confirmed by ultrasound. I thought about it, but I wasn't sure I'd believe it.

Dobby please get some rest dear. Have your mom watch A while you sleep. It sounds like you really need it :hugs:

CB I think the worst thing will be not being able to sleep when baby sleeps since we have a toddler too. I think that's the biggest fear of mine. DH plans to take 3 weeks off and then I think my mom and MIL will as well so that'll help. I also plan to have V at sitters 2x a week.

Greenie hope you can get in a liitle sooner. I'm so excited for you :)

Sorry it's been a rough week.

Cppeace still in with a chance. Day before O is a great day :)

Tex :hugs: I'm sorry your dh is acting like that. Yeah you have to stay at places longer to move up. Jumping ship every year or two doesn't give employers confdence you will stay.

As far as your school day it sounds really rough. Hope you catch a break this weekend.

Pacific oh no!!! I hope you can find those sheep a home fast!!

AFM V is so so. Honestly, even when she's sick she's not too bad. A little fussier and sometimes just wants to be held, but really nothing to complain about. She's such a tough girl.

Work was pretty busy but I got to stop at baby consignment store. I bought a few zippered sleep suits for S. I didn't use them with V until 3to6 months as I felt she was warm enough with onesie and swaddle in June through August/September.

Was thinking 2 years ago I found out I was pregnant with V. It was one of the happiest days of my life and I even paid a speeding ticket that day.

I'm having a bit if a reaction to my injections. I'm going to take benadryl prior to my injection Monday to see if that helps. The back of my arms get so itchy occasionally and I noticed a rash last night. Hope my reaction doesn't get worse.

I suppose I better get a few things done. Have a good night everyone :)

Tex I can confirm dumbasses are everywhere lol but sorry that’s hard on you if he’s not happy at work/quitting

Fluek trying but my mom is sick I literally sent a meme saying I was crying for help and all she had for me was take a sick day but you spend 2 hours prepping to be gone do my a* is better off going to work. I feel a little better though. Also omg what a cute story about the ticket!!!! Too bad the cop didn’t let it go

Pretty Also it totally feels like November is far away but it starts next week! Hang in there and totally curious to hear what it’s like/how it goes/the results

Green sorry you are in sleepless nights land with me :(

Peace fxed for you! Sorry the temps were wonky

Attached is A’s Maui pj costume like $10 on Amazon his school photos were today and sooooo cute

740BBD99-3709-4B46-A932-9E4D56254109.jpeg

Tex I can confirm dumbasses are everywhere lol but sorry that’s hard on you if he’s not happy at work/quitting

Fluek trying but my mom is sick I literally sent a meme saying I was crying for help and all she had for me was take a sick day but you spend 2 hours prepping to be gone do my a* is better off going to work. I feel a little better though. Also omg what a cute story about the ticket!!!! Too bad the cop didn’t let it go

Pretty Also it totally feels like November is far away but it starts next week! Hang in there and totally curious to hear what it’s like/how it goes/the results

Green sorry you are in sleepless nights land with me :(

Peace fxed for you! Sorry the temps were wonky

Attached is A’s Maui pj costume like $10 on Amazon his school photos were today and sooooo cute

Lol to clarify he wore a vest and tie for pic day but they also had their harvest festival so after they changed into his costume

Dobby well I got the ticket the week before when I also called my insurance to see if they covered fertility and the lady said, "for help or stetilization?". :rofl: that was a bad day.

A looks so cute in his costume :)

Sordy your mom is sick and not able to help but I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Try to nap when A does this weekend. That's one of my favorite things about the weekend ;)

It’s just hard because I have no help so when he naps I have so many chores just to survive

But ty! Once I get the proper stills for his school photos I will share. They always do such a good job. I’m impressed because he is teething too so he is mad cranky

Argh I’m a couple (long) pages behind so forgive me for not being current. I hope to catch up more soon.

So I followed up with the couple and they actually booked to see me again, so that’s good. And I have another new couple tomorrow. Gigs this is the first time I’ve seen couples so I have no idea! But I can absolutely imagine it can be clear that some couples shouldn’t be together, usually when there’s abuse or one couple is dragging the other to therapy but they’ve already mentally checked out. Anyway, wish me luck.

My bff who’s 34.5 weeks pregnant just got out of hospital. She was in there for two days due to high BP. It was like 170/90-something! She’d tested negative for preeclampsia before but now she’s borderline. Sent home for modified bedrest and BP drugs and will probably be induced at 37 weeks. I was hoping her bub would share Tilly’s birthday if she went two weeks overdue but obviously that won’t happen now. I feel for her so much but she’s handling it like a champ and I admit it’s super exciting to know she’ll have a baby in like two weeks (a week after her baby shower). She’s the first of ANY of my really close friends to have a baby, minus my friend in Australia whose kids I’ve never met.

Flueks my friend in med school just told me she has BV (not preg though). She says she’s seen that they reckon bacteria on manhood or mouth, dehydration, poor nutrition and vaginal douching have all been pegged as possible culprits. Interesting! I wonder if I’ve ever had it, so I’m off to google the symptoms now...

Thanks to some networking my sheep are still leaving us tomorrow. Different home, for temporary stay, but at least it's steady.

Pl yay for finding a temp home for the sheep. Bittersweet for sure

Jez now if you know a couple is bad news bears, do you tell them? I saw a lady, almost $400 a session, who would not say whether to stay together or break up. I’m-sure It’s to protect herself. But like we come in, he’s threatening to kill me, i’m checked out, he starts yelling so I start yelling. Hot mess. And I ask her point blank do I break up with her and she said that’s not her job to make that call just to give us tools if we want to continue. Which I respect but also woman to woman would have been nice for her to be like run far away lol

So I finally ate two solid food meals and just spent the last hour regretting it. Between losing my bfing appetite with the rebalancing of my hormones, forgetting my groceries/not being able to afford more, and having a stomach bug this week I lost ten pounds in two weeks. It’s nice to see the numbers drop but that much makes me uncomfortable because I know it’s from not eating/being sick/unhealthy habits vs healthy weight loss

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->