General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Green - No, I'm not telling people on Halloween. I'm just stressing about it cuz I love to go all out, but between a full time job and a toddler, I haven't been able to focus on it like other years.

Currently, my plan is to tell SO after my Nov 5 appt, but before I go for a dating scan. MIL at some point in mid - Dec when we visit her and her husband in Florida. And then my mom and both sides of SO's family on XMas day. And then announce on FB right after.

Re farting. My kiddo says she farted when she does it often... or if one of us does it she will rat you out in a hot minute. now if she says it in front of my Granny she about has a stroke. Almost as if she said shit or something: haha my mother will say something to her like “say pooted instead” and Tabs just says but it’s fart Nonnie. Ha!

AFM i made an appointment today to see a psychiatrist. I’ve been having problems with stress and anxiety and worrying etc. especially when Tabs is experiencing a meltdown or something. I’m sure I am not helping her situation at all if I am not handling her behavior well. my entire family basically is on some sort of anxiety med and/or anti depressants. So I’m sure I need it. I just need something to take the edge off. I should have called way sooner but I hate feeling like there is something mentally wrong with me.

Greenie sounds like you had a great weekend!! The boys are freaking adorable as buzz and woody. Makes me want to dress V and S up as Elsa and Anna.

CB I'm getting so excited that babies will be born soon!!! Once it starts it'll be a bunch for a bit:) yay for getting baby gear!!

Tex it sounds like you are the pillar of the family and you need a break. Some therapy sounds good :)

Hi ladies! Hibs & I may get a fireplace installed so I've been doing a ton of research on what i want, hence me being so quiet recently! Other than that I did get to go on a day trip with hubs. Unfortunately the city sucked but we had a good time in each other's company.

And I keep forgetting but my shower (combined with SIL's) is this weekend! Feels so soon.

On the other hand i feelbig enough already...definitely entered the uncomfortable stage already. I can't believe it only gets worse from here :/

And last update...Lev pooped in the tub again :rofl:

Fluek hope your injections don't make you miserable every time. Are they done daily? Yay for bigger movements! Myles is currently squirming his little but off. I wonder if he'll be as wiggly as Levin. He is now shoving his feet to the front of my belly. So uncomfortable! Anyway...Did you guys settle on the Serena name? I really like it!

Dobby he is so cute!!! He really does look like you. So is he done with the band? How did it do?

PL yay for a sheep home! Any updatea on the property? Also any name prospects?

Cpp do you do storage purchases like on storage wars?! I've always wanted to but not enough money. I definitely have the gambler's spirit though...maybe in the future.

Green super cute costumes! Kudos on surviving 3 kiddos under 3.

Jez, I think "fart" here is a little disrespectful. Generally the kids will say/are told to say "tooted" instead.

Ok falling asleep. G'night y'all!

CB- can't believe you're so close!!! How exciting. I think you'll go early. I'm pretty sure I won't get one until after my scan in 3 weeks.

Gigs- that's fun a joint shower! And this weekend?! That is soon but it'll be nice to get it done!

Pretty- that's what I thought but I was confused. I think that's a good plan.

Tex- no shame in talking to someone. You mightnot even need the meds. Maybe talk therapy will help with learning some techniques. Good luck!

Flu- they're getting matching costumes until they won't let me anymore. Lol

Gigs, I don't do them yet, but I am looking into it for reseller stuff. Storage Wars makes it much more drama and usually expensive than what it is. Storage auctions can go as cheap as $1 and into the thousands but seem to average in small-average size places (Not big busy cities and just outside) around the $40-120 range and then you have to put a deposit down to make sure you fully empty the unit and then the deposit is returned. So far not found one that does auctions near me. On the list to be contacted from one that just sells them outright though. Supposed to be having one come up fairly soon. I have about 10-15 more to contact and then will have to reach out further than 20 miles.
If you're interested in more realistic storage auctions and what people find and how much they make you should check out a few on Youtube. A few channels I know off hand are Treasure hunting with Jebus, HJH, Resale Rabbit, Taco Stacks(Not too knowledgeable on a variety of items though. Watching him kind of hurts my head when he can't recognize a trumpet or thinks a tackle box full of gear only goes for $10 lol) and there are several more. HJH even brings you through a couple auctions, telling you what his opinions are on the auctions and such.

Omg i'm gonna check that out, sounds right up my alley! Can you see what is in the units prior to biying or just the brief preview?

Tex, biggest hugs!!! Before I was pregnant I had a klonopin prescription that was very helpful. It was only to be taken when feeling anxious to, as you said, take the edge off.

Dobs I am one of those "bad" moms eho puts the kids to bed with milk. I think des was 4 before we quit that habit--old enough for us to compromise on a glass of milk before laying down. He doesn't need anything now although he will occasionally ask for drinks hust to procrastinate. Levin goes down with a bottle however that may get the kibash soon simply because he keeps chewing holes in the nipples. Not looking forward to trying to phase him out of that...

Green yup should be fun, plus lev will get a play date with his cousin and bestie so that is exciting. Originally we were trying to have an out of town friend come after ahe got married and before her baby is due (in November), plus we didn't want a shower too close to holidays, so this was the best time to do it. To be honest i'll be happy tobget it out of the way...holidays are going to be busy, add to that the new business prospect (which now may be starting earlier) and the preparing for the baby by reorganizing...

It depends on how you are buying. There are different laws in every state on how they can be sold. Most states the storage place has the right to sell it however they choose. Sometimes, in some places, the storage unit owners go through and grab what they want and then auction the rest. What you would want to look for is full, untouched looking units with dust. In live auctions generally the cut the lock, open for every one to look inside and then bidding starts. There are also online auctions where the owners take a couple pics and then put them out for people to bid on. They seem to go for around the same prices from what I've seen. An online place you can check to see what's in your area is storagetreasures.com . These have scant few of what's really happening because most places will just sale live and be done with it, but many people do it online when they can't find live local.

Ahh Gigs enjoy your baby shower this wknd, i hope you get some lovely baby goodies & maybe a little relaxing treat for you :)

Where did you & hubs go for your day trip? Glad you both enjoyed each others child free time though.

Tex, big hugs hun.. :hugs: theres nothing wrong with giving in to seeking further psychiatric help to take the edge off esp when things get stressful & ontop of you, i hope they can assist with something for you.

MrsG how you feeling atm?

Flueks, hows V doing now?

Your charts looking good Cpeace :)

Nuala still has Milk before bed & sometimes drinks it in her bed, only from a non-drip bottle though.. she doesnt always drink it all now its in a diff bottle so im hoping soon she’ll stop drinking it soon.. Riley stopped around 2-2.5yrs so heres hoping lol

OMG, love the recent pictures, sorry I didn't comment earlier. Packing here... Just taking a break.

L usually goes to bed with his water.

Drawing a blank here. I need to go outside while it isn't raining, collect garden tools, electric fences, lawn mower, garbage cans, etc. Then rearrange the stuff that already is in our Stocktrailer so that the above mentioned items can too fit into the trailer for the next while for storage.

I better go. DH is in town today, client appointment and lawyers, so if I don't get stuff done. Wed be a day behind on packing, and we don't have that time.

L is spending a few days at my parents, first sleep over and it's 4 nights!! He's doing well though, doesn't seem to miss us too much, barely had time to"talk" to us when we have called the last 2 nights.

L’s probs having lotsa fun Pacific & then tired in the evenings, dont worry about it too much, the days will go quickly!

Don’t apologise, you crack straight on with packing.. hope it all goes smoothly hun

Forgot to add earlier - Farts! We always say farts or chuffing in our house, the kids use Fart aswell lol! Riley & his lil friends refer to them as the same aswell:)

Gigs like a real fireplace with chimney, gas fireplace (wait do they make gas ones??) or electric?? Good luck finding what you want. I think we are finally getting an electric fireplace for or downstairs. Glad you enjoyed the company with DH. That's most important to me :)

Are you looking forward to your shower?? Hope SIL behaves her crazy butt. You are nearly 3rd tri!! I had mine at 28 weeks with V and I'm so glad we did it "early". I'll probably do mine mid January. Give a break from the holidays.

The shots are thankfully once a week. Started getting itchy arms today so I'll put benadryl cream on after I shower. Just praying reactions don't get worse. My bee sting allergy got progressively worse :(

Yay for active Myles hehe. V was never super active but Serena seems more active.

I'm settled on Serena and I think DH is too. It feels right, but still haven't decided on a middle name. I'm leaning towards Rose though.

Oh and for what it's worth there are so many other things that are truly bad that milk in the bed isn't that bad imo.

Greenie I don't blame you ;)

CB she is still sick, but doesn't seem as bad. She's was fussy for no apparent reason, but I think she's working on teething more. I've been a bit worried t feel around her gums and catch her cold again.

Now were they going to do another scan to check your placenta??? I'm having trouble remembering.

Pacific glad l is doing well with his overnights. Good luck on finishing packing.

Having a huge appetite midmorning and lunchtime but not hungry at dinner. I ate an apple and a slice of cheesecake last night and greek yogurt tonight. Wish it would be a little more balanced.

Dressing up in my pumpkin maternity costume tomorrow. Got to wear a skirt over the leggings though as they aren't allowed to be worn as "pants".

Anyways, think I'm going to pop the laundry in the dryer, shower, and go to bed I'm pooped.

Peace totally picturing storage wars

Green omg I love the costumes! They are so cute!!!

Pretty hoping everyone takes the news well so you can enjoy the moment

That’s all I remember lol

Re his cranial band. His head is still lopsided but not nearly as bad as it was before the band. And the kid had so much hair you can’t tell

I don’t get the big deal about milk. He takes his milk, brushes teeth, then bed. I take the cup out only because he is done lol he chugs it. I just hate the I want milk tantrum at 1-3am and having to drag my butt downstairs to go get it. And being woken up. My friends kid sleeps 12 hours straight!!!! But they also don’t share a room. Or a bed.

Peace totally picturing storage wars

Green omg I love the costumes! They are so cute!!!

Pretty hoping everyone takes the news well so you can enjoy the moment

That’s all I remember lol

Re his cranial band. His head is still lopsided but not nearly as bad as it was before the band. And the kid had so much hair you can’t tell

I don’t get the big deal about milk. Like I get what the books say but idk I Don’t buy it. He takes his milk, brushes teeth, then bed. I take the cup out only because he is done lol he chugs it. I just hate the I want milk tantrum at 1-3am and having to drag my butt downstairs to go get it. And being woken up. My friends kid sleeps 12 hours straight!!!! But they also don’t share a room. Or a bed.

Dobs, all I can think of is a bigger cup? Or would he chug it all before falling asleep?

Gigs, re fireplace: we have a catalytic fireplace and love it. Fill it up twice a day, and heats our whole house. This house is 1400 sqft, and no insulation to the basement and we are so comfortable warm all winter, we actually have to turn down the fireplace ;) we go through 3 (absolut max of 4) cords of wood a season (roughly 6 months of heating). Cheaper then heating by electricity here. (If bought, we'd have to pay 300/chord, or roughly 400/ month electricity heating, but we also make our own firewood).
There is a bigger version of this fireplace to heat bigger houses. If you are considering a wood fireplace, I would not go any other route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->