General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I'm also not getting alerts and it's incredibly annoying! My settings are good so sure it's just a glitch with the new layout. I might start a thread in the technical support section.

Fluek I hope V isn't coming down with something :( regarding my SIL's PE, she had a few factors that pkayed into it--birth control as one, but she also broke her foot and was in a cast, then was on a long flight in an airplane to Puerto Rico, so the limited mobility of her leg just was all a bad mix. Then I guess they were walking to their top level apartment when she collapsed on the steps. This was literally like a week after they got married. Thank God she was ultimately ok! She just can't take bcp anymore and was on blood thinners & monitored for months.

Cb i love that basket <3 does the stoller hokd an infant car seat? I am really on the fence about what type of stroller to get. I'm also still looking for a second crib...blahhh I know we'll figure it out but I am worried about how this room sharing this is going to work.

I also feel like I am running out of time to do all the things I want, like make art of the room to switch up the decor, and get a bed, and organize the baby clothes...

It def must be a Bnb tech issue, im sure they’ll sort it out eventually.

Gigs, yeah it does, the back bit of the stroller which the new baby will lay on, a Carseat of the same Joie make will clip onto it aswell facing us, i may google to see if they have Maxi Cosi attachments quite cheap or have a look on Ebay but we already have these for our Baby Jogger single stroller!

You’ll get things done in time Gigs, don’t stress :) i need to sort all the baby clothes aswell, its one of those lil things but i know it’ll take me at least an hr+ to do it! Is Lev room sharing with new baby or is Lev sharing with Des & new baby has own room?

CB wow that's quite a bit off if I'm recalling $ to £ conversion. In any case stil a good deal :) good luck packing your bag.

Well I chickened out of asking. She did a few measurements and checked my amniotic fluid levels. They checked cervix length 5 weeks ago, I'm thinking he said it was 3cm?? In any case it wasn't too short which can increase risk of preterm labor. No 3d pics though so I paid for elective scan on the 17th :)

I didn't notice any fluid or redness from ears. No fever either. When her molars come in she rubs her ears a lot. I'll keep an eye though for other signs of infection. She's actually only had one ear infection. Hoping that continues.

Sorry for nasty weather. It's actually not too bad today. It warmed up for the day after windy and rainy nastiness.

Gigs yes immobility definitelty makes you prone to blood clots. I'm glad she was okay as a PE can be deadly very fast.

Are you having Des and Lev room share?? What about a toddler bed instead of 2nd crib?? Will DH have some time off so that you can do those things while he watches the boys or vice versa??

AFM appt went well I suppose. Ultrasound was great. Labs came back normal. My glucose was lower this time than it was with V. I just wasn't fond of the OB. He was young and only been there a little over a year. He didn't even measure fundal height. He didn't seem to have read any notes about me either. I was unimpressed. I just hope he's not one to deliver her. Oh I also forgot she is still in breech position. Tech asked if I'd had a C section before. I still think there's time for her to turn though. Fx she turns as I'd like to have a vaginal delivery. If not then it is what it is.

Oh i forgot they tug their ears when teething aswell, esp the back teeth, bless V.. Is that the 17th Dec your elective Scan Flueks?

My friends bub at the moment is Breech & her mw said they have usually up until around 34/35 wks & then they start getting concerned & think about doing an ECV, this baby was breech when i was around 30ish wks according to the day unit, i wouldn’t worry too much Flueks im sure she’ll turn hun :) They gound put Riley was breech at nearly 38wks! He didnt turn & he had been that way ages i reckon!

they didnt do any antenatal general checks with my GT test either, just literally was the Bloods & the drink

CB yes I'm afraid of waiting to late so I figure a scan the week before Christmas is perfect!

Thank you! After doing research it's really not a big deal at this point. They never said with V about her position except she was low with head down at 28 weeks. I think her asking about a C section took me back.

So after thinking about it more. I'm sure he didn't measure fundal height was because they measured her during ultrasound. So not much point. Also didn't listen to heartbeat, but again was in ultrasound so I wasn't fussed on that. I still wasn't impressed that he acted like he hadn't even reviewed my chart prior to walking in though. DH sensed it too and even said he hoped he wasn't on call when I deliver S :haha: he's never been that way about any of the OBs, MWs, or NPs at that group either.

On a happier note. We went to buffalo wild wings for lunch. They had my old favorite flavor as limited time wing flavor. Jammin' jalepeno!! As much as I can't handle spicy while pregnant, it was worth it. I had 2.5 glasses of water though:rofl:

Almost forgot. Here's 2 of the 3 pics I got from the scan. The 3rd is just a potty shot. I think we could have gotten some great 3d pics the way she was... oh well.

20181119_203112.jpg 20181119_203200.jpg

Fluek the way her face it makes me think she is going to look like V a lot! Can't wait for your next u/s and better pics. Sorry the dr seemed so clueless. Hope you have a better experience with him if you see him again. My friend was telling me how drs always read your chart before the come in then still ask what's going on...i'm like I don't think my drs ever look! I swear they come in, ask the same questions as the nurse, then flip through my chart and looks in front of me. They never seem "briefed", or at least very rarely!

Anyway...

I don't think i tokd y'all but remember that friend i got in a big fight with because she couldn't agree to disagree on some stupid political stuff? After over a year and a half she calked me to basically hash things out and kind of apologize (in her own wy--she is not the type to actually say "sorry"). I am keeping her at arms length as my trust has been violated a bit but we are talking again. She actually may move back here and is planning on living in the next city over, about an hour away. I am excited and hope our friendship can continue like it was before.

Now to bitch a little...i have this pain in the ball of my right foot and it will not go away! It's been over a week now. I've put insoles in my shoes and have been wearing house slippers...soaked it, massaged it...it still hurts! Any ideas? I've been kind of limping aling on it and now my calf is starting to hurt, probably because of my awkward gait.

Cb hope you find time to get the last minute things done -- and the motivation!

To answer about the boys...Des will continue to have his own room and Lev & Myles will share. Lev's bed converts to a toddler bed so we still need a second crib.

Gigs their 19 week profile pic was practically identical. Can't wait to see her at 28 weeks now :)

The others have seemed to have their stuff together. I know they can't remember everyone exactly, but a quick review of a patient's chart does wonders I think. I always do before I see people whether I know them or not.

I remember that happening. Well I think keeping your guard up is a good idea. I hope she's matured for your sake. Politics can really get people so angry at one another. It's something I rarely discuss for that reason.

Maybe a heel spur??? Sorry you cannot find relief.

Hope roomsharing goes well with Myles and Lev. Do you keep NB in room with you? I kept V with us until about 3 months. The thought of a call coming through in the middle of the night once I'd returned to work motivated me to make the switch sooner than most recommends.

Ooh foot sounds painful Gigs, i always get that in the summer on my left foot when i start wearing Flip-Flops due to no arch support, must be so awful esp as your pg aswell.. maybe a trip to Drs or a call to get some advice?

Good idea on keeping guard up re your friend.. i cant believe its been that long since you guys last spoke, politics are always good for starting heated debates & arguments, fx your friendship will heal over time!

Riley was in our room until 4 months & he slept better without us, Nuala was in ours until 5ish months but back n forth in our bed loads as she just wouldn’t sleep in her Travel Cot! Il def not be making sleep mistakes with this baby lol! 3rd times a charm right ha ha

Lovely scan pics Flueks:)

If my foot still hirts next week i'll ask the ob/gyn. Obviously not her specialty but i'm guessing she's seen it all in pregnancy.

With des & lev, i had them both nap in their cribs and sleep in our room for the first fee months. I was not ready to move Lev into his own room at night but he was mobile way sooner and was at risk for climbing out of the cosleeper. We tried the pack & play but he just played in it, getting on hands and knees and rocking the whole thing! He's definitely our wild child.

Anyway with this one i'll move him as soon as he's sttn as to not wake Levy, but we'll see...Lev still wakes up...i hooe Myles is a better sleeper!

Oh im praying this one is a better sleeper aswell than Nuala was.. she still wakes from time to time but nothing like it was!

Gigs good plan. If it gets worse call sooner than later.

Hope Myles is a better sleeper too. I know Lev has been pretty rough in that department. Is Lev sttn most nights at least?

CB you and gigs are making me nervous that number 2 is worse sleeper. :haha:

Oh and soon you will be finishing work up and having your C section!!

I can't believe we're DAYS away from the start of the next round of babies! Cb are you getting snipped during surgery?

Lev is 50/50 on if he'll wake up. Usually he just wants a milk refill and diaper change and goes back to sleep but every once in awhile he does the hostage thing...he tried the other night a d i gave him a firm "NO." And left the room...he cried for 10 seconds and gave up :shrug: so hopefully that will work in the future...

Omg 6 year olds are so annoying.

Omg I'm so tired. I'm just going to say now I probably won't be able to post much or it'll be in spurts until DH returns.

We're planning on having the new baby in our room for the first 6ish months. Plus we need a bigger house... so hopefully we get a new house within the next year.

Shareware- I didn't buy any last time because I knew I'd probably have the c-section but I'm pretty sure I went to buy some this time.

Jez- how is tilly feeling? Hopefully the antibiotics are helping. Ear infections are the worst.

Gigs-I hate politics. This is how I put it... you're not going to change my mind and I'm not going to change yours so let's just leave it at that. I don't understand how people can't civically disagree anymore.

Dobs- flying? Where are you going? I'm jealous.

Anyway, that's all I can remember I'm sorry everyone. Had my first ultrasound today! One healthy little baby. Measuring 8weeks 4 days and I'm 8 weeks 2days based on lmp. So all looks good. I face timed DH during the appointment so he was happy.

IMG_7942.JPG

Awwwwwwwww!!! Look how adorable! So glad the appointment went well and hubby got to be a part of it. And yay for a singleton!

Awww MrsG lovely cute singleton pg scan piccy hehee so glad all went well & hubs got to join in aswell, from now & until crimbo when he returns will go super fast but im sure it feels like its dragging.. fx only a couple more wks of sickness & then it’ll tail off :)

Ha ha 6yr olds are def annoying! Rileys attitude sucks atm & keeps getting told off for being mouthy, thing is Nuala will copy, she does this cheeky eye roll thing when shes not impressed about something lol its funny but cheeky!

Yes il be getting the other tube snipped, so final but i def not wanting bub no4 as il be over 40 & i want to start living as such ;) plus its less headache for SO with pull out etc as clearly hes rubbish at it Lol

Just finished washing all baby clothes, half of it is dry & then i can put it away, its all soooo teeeeny weeeeny hehe

Greenie lovely scan. Rest up and stay hydrated. Update whenever you are able to.

CB yes the thought of a baby at 40 really horrifies me. Nothing wrong with it, just I'm sure it's harder on your body.

It can't wait to get started on washing NB clothes :)

Gigs well here's to him rarely waking in the night and that Myles is a better sleeper.

Absolutely nothing wrong with popping them out later, i can only imagine its lots harder on the bod like you say, im really hurting now at 37-38 :-/

I'm also having a tough go this pregnancy and wondering if it's just having them closer in age...?

Cb Des has also been super sassy recently! He talks back all the time even when he is 100% wrong. Like last night he was arguing that gold fish crackers are better for him than spinach. And he does this thing when you tell him basically anything he doesn't like he says, "No it's nooooot" in this insanely annoying voice.

And that crazy kid...he moved to the couch last night and slept on it, then got up with Hubs' alarm at 6:40 -.- which meant, despite today being thw first day of thanksgiving break, i was up early, actually earlier than school days :roll:

I actually dumped both kids with MIL for a little bit so I can clean the house. We are visiting family for holiday and I despise coming home to clutter!

Dreading laundry most as it's really piled up...however picking things up off the floor has proven to be quite difficult now -.- I was actually getting winded picking up toys. Still 9-10 weeks...I'm at the "how could I possibly get any larger?!" Stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->