General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gigs I’m glad you’ve got a plan set now after the appointment! Since they’re above 100 now, I think chances are good they’ll be above 100 for delivery. I really hope you get to have your VBAC. You’ve got this!

OH ALSO relieved that if I have an ongoing thing it is diagnosed now and not earlier! Had this been diagnosed before I wouldn't be covered for anything related to it with my new insurance :thumbup: so yay no preexisting condition! :haha:

Fluek we did the Penny portraits once...meh. I picked the best one and ended up editing it in photoshop anyway. This year I may attempt taking them myself with a camera timer. Sounds daunting but it HAS to be better than the one our neighbor took for us last year...yikes.

Shae I'm pretty sure I'm c section bound, which is fine by me...I just want to ne conscious for it at this point!

Also hate to be the one to ask for good juju and prayers but they would be appreciated !

Gigs praying your numbers stay above 100. It would be so hard to be unconscious with delivery of baby. I mean you should be the first person to see your baby not counting the ob delivering your baby.

Also yay for it not being identified as a pre existing condition. Sad that even has to be a thing.

I'm now very curious about the pics your neighbor took. :haha: I understand if you had lack luster photos from jcp as it's not cheap. I think they actually did a great job with ours, but it can really be dependent on photographer, etc. Actually one of my faves is them trying to get photos of just V and she'd had enough so they got her lip pout before her crying.

Shae really there is a small window for outdoor weddings imo and it's risky because of mother nature being unpredictable. Our was early October. All week it had been in the 70s, but it rained day before and it was low 50s. It was a little chilly with the wind but not unbearable.

It is nice not to worry about them seeing you without make up. No problem with people who use or wear regularly. I'm just lazy :haha:

Re: photos, my mom always brought my little sister and I to Sears for our Christmas pictures every year, they had a photo studio attached. They did a good job at our local one. I think they closed down the photo studio part a few years ago.

Flueks yeah my November wedding will definitely be inside. I’m way too scared of it raining to have an outdoor wedding, plus it’s far too cold in November unless we had it somewhere very warm.
I’m totally jealous of anyone who has the drive/motivation and talent to have perfect makeup every day. I see so many girls with perfect eyeliner every day and I wish I had that ability. To be fair, I’m also far too lazy to do that every day. I get up 10 minutes before I have to leave.

I need to shower today (ahem, 2 days ago) so I might try to put on some makeup after the shower and see how it goes. I need a new makeup bag, mine is all glittery on the inside, so when I reach in, my hands get covered in glitter. Something must’ve spilled in there ages ago. Idk.

I’m thinking about what to do for nails. We’re not supposed to wear nail polish on our fingernails for nursing and I still have skills lab this week and next week. But I can still wear toenail polish, of course. So I’m thinking whether I should try to paint them myself or get a pedicure (moneyyy ugggh). I’m terrible at painting nails, so the pedicure would be worth the money, but I’m so low on money that it’s still a lot to spend.

Shae we went to olan mills back in the day. They did good portraits I believe.

What about a french manicure/tips? I've always liked that look. Again it'd be money though.

Ugh, feeling a little anxious. Had AF like cramps after doing quite a bit tonight. Seems to have stopped so that's good. Think I'll try to sneak a quick nap in

Flueky, , I too have been getting quite a few cramps, but I also have been quite bad about drinking any kind of significant amount of fluids.... Pretty sure that's connected, as soon as I drink something they go away.

Shae, I also don't do makeup, DH prefers me without. No tips or advice from me haha

We have a wedding to attend Dec 22. I have ordered a purple long sleeve shirt from thyme maternity, will pair it with black leggings and heels/boots. See if I can find the link. I have the ok from the bride to wear whatever I am comfortable in ;)
We were asked if L would walk down the rings, tuxedo rental for the 2 year old! I think.....haha although again he is allowed to wear what he's comfy in ;)
Long Sleeve Nursing Tunic with Zippers | Thyme Maternity
Works now and for nursing, got it 50% off during cyber Monday!

Flueks I hope the cramps go away! I was thinking about getting a French manicure earlier, but the handbook says no polish and I’m not sure how strict they are on that/if French manicures are exceptions. Maybe since after tomorrow the only skills lab is the practicum, I could get the French manicure Thursday... but of course, money. The pedicure is more important, I really need my toes painted because of my shoes being open toed. My fingernails are in pretty good shape so a French manicure would be me treating myself lol.

PL I looked at the top, very cute! So sweet that L will be the ring bearer! I hope tuxedos for 2 year olds aren’t as expensive as ones for adults. They’re crazy expensive for adults. Luckily SO just needed a new suit coat and found one on a great sale on Black Friday, so he didn’t have to go buy a full on tux. They’re nuts, even to rent.

Gigs damn wtf?! That’s terrifying! But i’m so happy they are on top of it. Hopefully all your efforts work and you can get above 100! Also score on the timing and insurance working for you. Sending all the juju!

Re portraits: we used to do them at Sears!!! We have a few photo places around and lots of discounts here and there, but I gained 7 lbs and no money for matchy outfits. Hope people will share theirs!

Shae I hear you. That s* pisses me off and a big reason why I wear light makeup on date one and special occasions, but no other times. This is my face. Love it or leave lol. That does stink though if you doll up and feel fetching but it’s not “the look” SO likes. And I hear you i’d Rather sleep. I get up 30m before out the door but in that time I shower and dress. I dress and feed A, let the dogs out and back in, and put together my lunch and his daycare daily paper/water bottle.

As a millennial I vote TREAR YO SELF to the pedi lol

Cali is great for outdoor weddings lol and when it rains nobody is getting married anyway haha

Fluek likely just your body saying cut it out and rest. Hugs. Hopefully nothing to worry about

PL oooo that sounds adorable! Kudos on the score! I seriously suck at Cyber Monday

Afm rundown af. My moderate/severe resource friend went from saying A is fine to asking me about his concerns and was like oh yeah no that definitely sounds like autism. Also invested in those touch and feel cards and will try back up with the signing. It just sucks because I talk all day at work. I’m so tired of talking. I just want a break. Mentally exhausting too because i’m introverted. Oh well

Dobs, I really hope you can get answers for A soon. Diagnosis or not, just keep up with what you feel is best for both of you!

Gigs, I ment to comment, but baby brain. Fx for your numbers so stay above 100, can't imagine being knocked out for the birth!

Shae, last time I checked, to buy a toddler suit at Moore's is $80. But since L will probably only wear it once, we'll rent one. Maybe that way he can be matched with his daddy?! Haha, wishful thinking.

I just feel like a crap mom. I am so exhausted. I’m not sleeping well on top of him not sleeping well. I cannot remember the last time I cooked. His last two dinners were kidfresg frozen pasta with a side of berries and Noosa yogurt. I barely talk to him after work. With DST and no energy, we don’t walk the dogs anymore because it’s cold and dark. I often also forget to read because I only have one lamp upstairs.

I know it’s stuff I need to just will myself to do but ffs I cannot shake the tired. Everything aches. My chest and eyes are heavy. I’m messing up at work.

Dobs all those things go hand in hand. You don't sleep well because he doesnt sleep well. He doesnt sleep well because you don't sleep well. Can you drop him off somewhere for a sleepover?
Your kid eats, period. A probably gets a lot of interaction during daycare, don't beat Yourself up over it. They talk to him, has DC said anything if he talks less then kids his age? Anyway, you still make the best of the time you have with him.

Honestly, we spent a night in a hotel room with L and it was horrible. Didn't help that they didnt have a Cott for babies so L and I shared a bed. He wanted to sleep on my head, or slide off between bed and nightstand if i wasn't in the way. I slept 3 hours max that night. At least with L in his own room at home, he can self sooth.

Thanks hugs. He’s good. I don’t wake him, but he wakes me. He won’t sleep alone. It terrifies him. Started after he saw his dad unsupervised that one time. But I have a big bed. I pushed it to a corner, pushed the crib up against the foot, and bought a toddler rail for the one open side. So plenty of room and no fear of either of us falling lol

My mom offers to take him for a night but by the time bed time rolls around, she’s just as exhausted as I am so I just keep him. And since DST he goes to sleep later and wakes up earlier.

DC gave me their progress that said the same thing. He doesn’t follow directions, doesn’t share, doesn’t play with others. They know I keep close tabs on his development and legally they can’t actually say anything. Just like I can’t tell a parent I think their kid has ADHD. And they would just refer me to people i’ve already talked to “Help Me Grow” org.

He babbles and at length sometimes. So they say he’ll shock me one day. But honestly his babbles now sound like they did 6 months ago. I think I heard an s sound today on top of ba and da and di. But that’s it. And not for my lack of phonics lessons lol

Dobs, from what early childhood education have told me here: kids that age don't play "with" other kids, it's more of an along side each other. So still a mostly ignoring each other but sitting besides each ither interacting with toys.
I am somewhat under the impression that sharing isn't a skill they are born with necessarily. They watch their surroundings, parents, older siblings, grandparents, etc and will follow those cues. Monkey see, monkey do. We share food from our plate to Ls plate, or when yummy snacks come out, DH and I will share in front of L. Then L follows suit and feeds us. It's taken him as far as " here are 2 cookies, one is for you and one is for grandpa. Bring it to grandpa". He has no problems sharing his snacks, offering bites to anyone willing or not willing to take a bite or rest of whatever he has. The method is easily transferable to toys.
I could be wrong, so go ahead and ignore me, because what do I know ;) I am not offended because I just gave unsolicited ideas....

Dobs do you know what happened when A was with your ex that made him scared to sleep alone? Did he fall or something? I’m sorry you’re getting crap sleep. I’m sure you’re under a ton of stress. It seems like you’re doing everything you can to help A with his speech right now, and taking a few days off from talking isn’t the end of the world. You’re exhausted, cut yourself a little slack :hugs:
See, I’d love to treat myself, but I have $120 in my checking account. I found a place that has a coupon for a pedicure for $26, or a gel mani + regular pedi for $50 (it would be +$5 for French). But then I still have to tip, and I have to finish the semester on the money I have right now, so... at this point I’m considering going to the dollar store for navy blue nail polish and attempting to do my own toenails. I wouldn’t try to give myself a French manicure, I know it would end in tears and lots of nail polish remover. On the other hand, my feet could use the TLC... but agh money. I have subscriptions that renew second week of December as well, I have to keep enough for those.

PL I guess $80 isn’t that bad for a full toddler tux. I still think the amount of fabric isn’t worth that much, but I think the same about adult tuxes and pretty much all clothing ever. I agree that renting sounds smart since he’s probably growing like a weed at that age.

He sits by himself away from the group of kids who are playing alongside each other. He only sits with the group when he is made to ie snack all the kids gather in one space to sit and eat snack.

The sharing didn’t bother me because I agree it is learned. And being an only child wtf does he know about sharing toys. Everything is his lol. He likes to feed people but gets angry when you don’t accept his food/if you stop.

Also lmfao that last bit made me chuckle. I found the health and relationship forum so my new thing is giving out advice :rofl:

Shae idk the specifics. I know a second person that A does not know was there. I know he was not fed for six hours. I know he was not changed for six hours. I know he was trapped in s hot car for almost two hours while ex tried to piss me off by not returning him to me. And I know that the two visitations after he suddenly refused to go with dad and they were cancelled because he was crying so hard for 30 minutes straight.

Oh and yes renting sounds good. Dressy clothes are so pricey for such little material and can only be worn once or twice.

And yeah fair point. I vote do it yourself. Maybe get q-tips you can dip in remover to do clean up as you go. I find doing that rather than using nails works better when painting yourself. I go with my mom and it’s like $70 each big we do gel mani and get specials on our feet (callous, scented sea salt scrubs, hot stone massage). Definitely the first luxury to go lol

Dobs did the unsupervised visitations get revoked after that? Even what you know is so awful :(

Yeah I think I’ll try doing it myself and if it goes horribly wrong I’ll just get the pedicure, hopefully it goes well though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->