General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I am not looking forward to the end of this pregnancy. I know I'll be so sore and tired. I'm already so tired lol

And lol gigs about 6 year olds being annoying. Isn't it funny how we can call our own kids annoying but we wouldn't change it for the world? So weird to me. Speaking of annoying my kids are driving me crazy-along with my two fur kids. I'm sure it's just a phase with des.

What are you US ladies doing for thanksgiving?

Green, they sure can be, especially when they keep annoying the pets aroind. L still doesnt get the message.

We just spent a night away checking out a new area that has presented a really good career jump for dh. So guess what!? We are moving to a remote west coast community. We are going to try and find a rental (which with 2 pets we have been told is near impossible and don't even mention our 3 sheep). And then buy in a few months when we have a better idea of the lay of the land.

California mom's: is there a good food ordering place (you know where you order prepackaged ingredients, have them delivered to your front door with instructions on how to cook them. Here in Canada hellofresh is popular? And it must do gift certificates. Maybe there is even an American brand it just has to deliver to Cali ;) Xmas gift idea to my brother whose cooking skills and food choices are questionable at best.

Hi ladies.

Been kinda MIA cuz I didn't really have anything to add or report, but I just saw my MW for the first time yesterday. She seems really nice and I felt really comfortable. I got my requisition for the First Trimester Screening scan and blood work. We're going to Florida for 2 weeks and that falls mostly in the time frame to get the screening done (11w-13w6d), so I'm gonna get it done the day before we go (Dec 7) at 11w1d. She said there's a chance the baby may be too small to measure things and I'd need to do the test again when we get back, but I'm not complaining if I'd need another scan. She also suggested I start taking two 81mg Asprins before bed starting at 12 weeks and stopping at 36 weeks. Have any of you heard of this? I have no history of PE or MC or any of that. She only suggested it cuz my BMI is 39. Also, she told me their policy is if a woman has a low risk pregnancy and no medical issues, they're ok to let them labour for up to 96 hours with their waters broken and the earliest they'll do membrane sweeps is 38 weeks. So, this is making me hopeful that this LO won't be born so late in the month. :)

Pl- that's exciting about the new area! I know the feeling of trying to find a rental with pets. It's daunting.
For meal delivery there are tons of options. We have hello fresh, but I've only ever tried blue Apron. It was awesome and not too expensive. So I'd reccomend them. I've also heard good things about the company "Gobble" but I've also heard they're way more expensive. Maybe Dobs can give you some asicd too.

Pretty- that's awesome news about the MW! We're going to have our babies around the same time. How exciting. My appointment for blood work genetic testing (if I decide to go ahead, which I won't) is also Dec 7th! But that isn't for the scan, only bloodwork.

Happy thanksgiving!

Pl how exciting! Is the new job a guarantee?

Hiya green! We're at my folk's place. I can't sleep, always get terrible insomnia here. Doesn't help that bro and hubs are up talking downstairs directly below my room and i can hear them through the floor. Also Lev is sleeping in here and I'm terrified of waking him up. SIL is in the next room and loud when she uses the bathroom--afraid she will wake me and Lev.

Anyway it's aboit 12:30 and i amnot even tired, despite beinng up at 5-something this morning...Lev was up. I think he's getting his 2 year molars; been drooling like crazy.

Pretty glad your appointment went well! I've bever heard of the aspirin. Did she say why exactly? Hmm that seems like a long time to labor...but my experience is limited so *shrug*

I just been on my fb Page & saw this on my newsfeed, thought it make u ladies chuckle Lol

Less than 15mins into Macys thanksgiving :haha:

71D8FECB-8944-4626-814C-D4661DDA3B9C.png

Happy Thanksgiving neighbours!

Mrs G, thanks for the suggestions, I will try blue apron for my brother ;) his GF will be gifting him a frying pan and pot, how he has lived without one for so long is a whole new question....

Gigs, I hope you do get some sleep!

As for new job, it's the same thing with the same employer, but it leaps his career quite a few years ahead! So, we are moving, DH is the main bread earner, this is not the first time we have followed his career rather then my measly $s. We should both have good opportunities come out of it.
He drives up next Monday

Green - What province are you in again? When I did my early screening 2 years ago, it was blood test, scan, blood test within a several week period. Now it's one scan and blood test done the same day and they need to know your weight too. I would've thought it'd be the same for all of Canada.

Gigs - She only suggested it after calculating my BMI as 39. She said something about if you're at risk for 2 or more things, you should take the Aspirin. But she had listed off PE, MC, having a premie, low birth weight, none of which I have a history of. And I don't want or expect to go for 96 hours. It's just nice to know they won't rush me like an OB would.

CB - Uncle Sam's spidey sense is tingling. ;)

PL yay for the new job opportunity for DH!

I don’t do HF. Their customer service was such s*. Like mind boggling borderline fraud. I have heard good things about Gobble. It’s supposed to be pricier than BA but less prep involved in the meals. BA was fine and usually has intro deals or re-joining deals if you suspend service. I liked the variety with BA, but I always find meals piling up and so whenever cash is tight that’s the first to go. You can also just make a binder of recipes you like so you can always just make them on your own later.

Pretty sounds like you like your mw. Awesome! Enjoy Florida! Idk about the aspirin but I tend to be in the boat of following doc’s orders. Not always great though lol

Green so sorry you are miserable.

Gigs I hear you on the sleep. I’m exponentially b*tchier lately because I am so exhausted

Hope those stateside had a good holiday

Afm nothing new. AQI is better now that the storm has come through. Not feeling rested so not ready to go back to work. Funeral was nice and it was wonderful to see A with my dad’s extended family. There is no shortage of love for this boy in SoCal. But also so sad how his dad’s family gives zero s*. Even my estranged cousin reached out this week to make amends because she wants to be a part of his life. But whatever.

Dobs- I have pretty much no relationship with dads family and no relationship with my dad. I've actually said recently "I wonder if anyone would even tell me when something happens to my dad" I am Facebook friends with my aunt so I think I would find out but that's literally the only way. My point is, it's so shitty to not have half of your family but the love and support your family gives A means more than what he's lost. I promise you this. It's honestly so much better for your exs family to be out of the picture than to come and go. Anyway. Hugs. I'm sorry. You're doing amazing.

Pretty- I'm in the US so it could be completely different. They offer the scan (I can't remember what that tests for...) but I opted not to do it. Personal preference. So I'm basically getting no genetic testing.

Cb- omg that is hilarious. I assume this is when they were setting up for the parade lol I watched the whole thing and did not see this!!

Gigs- I really hate going places and sharing a room with the boys. I'm always on edge scared they'll wake up!! Makes me very anxious for having a new baby in our room. Am I ready to share a space with a baby again? Lol
I know you were hoping for a pregnancy announcement. Anything? Any hits they're expecting?

Pl- that's fantastic about DHs career! So happy for your family.

So question. We're planning on announcing in two weeks after my next appointment. But DHs cousin and his wife have been having infertility issues. They've had 4 (I think) miscarriages in a year so they met with a specialty. Tried for two months and stopped since it's expensive. She's confided in me in all this since we already did this. I was really hoping they would be pregnant by now but I feel I should tell her myself before we announce. The problem is I don't see her often. So what do I do? Text her? That seems odd. Idk. Help. And it would be hard to meet for coffee or something. Idk.

Omg for some reason I thought Green was Shae and I was like ffs what did I miss! I should have read more than one page :rofl:

That’s tough. I’m not good socially. I think a phone call? Or like FaceTime? I feel like the phone call gives her some privacy to be sad facially but maybe that’s not good? I vote nay on a text though. Plus she can dwell on a text. Until you talk about something else it’ll just be haunting her in her message list or give her something tangible to be miserable over especially on something we use as often as our phones. Idk. I’d call though after work. And I vote avoiding the can we talk or forboding texts. Those give me such anxiety so I have to know then the bad news ruins my work day lol

Dobs I’m dead that you thought Green’s post was from me :rofl: I’m definitely not pregnant and married :haha:

I did however get the new IUD in on Wednesday, the Kyleena. It hurt like hell going in, it was some of the worst pain I’ve ever felt tbh (though second to the pain they were giving me dilaudid for in the hospital). But unlike last time, once it was over, the pain was over too. I had some mild cramping for maybe 30 min after, then nothing since. When I got the mirena, I was having cramping for 2-3 days. The Kyleena is smaller, and I’m older and wider and stretchier now, so all those things could’ve contributed to the lack of post-procedural pain. I’m really thankful I didn’t have pain afterwards. Instead of lying at home in pain, I got to go shopping for new jeans because my butt and hips have been inflating. And because I’m not exactly rich, I only got 3 pairs, even though they were on sale for $16 each. Sigh.

I can’t wait for the estrogen to get out of my system a bit more so I can start taking my depression meds again. I’ve been having a really rough time without them, especially the past 2 weeks. I’ve been moody, anxious, sad for no reason, crying easily, crying for no reason, it’s just been really bad.

I don’t remember if I said this or not...
I passed clinical! My instructor basically said that I’m a little behind but she said “you have too many good qualities for me not to pass you”. She made us leave early on our final day in the middle of feeding the residents who couldn’t feed themselves lunch, and we were all upset because those people weren’t gonna get fed as much as they would if we were able to finish feeding them. She asked us how many of us were feeding people when she called us away, everyone raised their hand. She asked how it was to leave at that time and I said it was hard, she asked why and I said because we care about them and she was like “Exactly. I wanted you to feel that.” And someone else was like “that’s so mean!” And she was like “it’s not mean, I was showing you that you care”. Like, I get her point of doing it, but I think all of us already knew we cared about the residents, especially the ones we took care of or conversed with often.

Anyway. Just gotta pass my skills lab practicum, my next 2 exams, and microbiology. I’m a little worried about microbiology because I think my last exam went poorly, and I don’t know what I got on the previous exam. The professor doesn’t post the grades online like all the other professors do and it drives me nuts, she can’t email them to us either so we have to go to office hours if we miss the class when we get our exams back (which I did with the last one) or if we want to ask about our cumulative grade. I don’t have the time to go to office hours. Though now that clinical is over, I might.

Sorry for yet another selfish post. I’ve been reading, but I’m having a hard time absorbing most of it.

Okay, going to bed. Having light sensitivity, I think a migraine is starting.

Gigs if only we lived in a world where goldfish crackers were better for you than spinach. Well more like cookies and cheesecake better than spinach :rofl:

Ugh I was feeling huge Wednesday. I was extra bloated though. Not looking forward to when I can hardly shave my legs :(

Greenie I was so insanely tired in 1st tri. Thankfully I got my energy back. If you don't maybe have your Vit D level checked??

If meeting in person privately isn't an option. I think a phone call prior so she has time to process this. I'm sure it will sting her some, but she would be happy to be able to process that jealousy privately instead of having to "save face" in front of others. She will be happy for you too, but infertility can really make some news difficult to process in front of others.

My DHs cousin sent him a text announcing she was pregnant back when I was rarely Oing post bcp. I was so jealous but thankful she didn't have to see me leak that emotion in front of others. She sadly miscarried about 2 to 3 weeks after she announced. I felt so guilty for having anything but happy thoughts for her. I think being afraid I'd never conceive and I had an underlying problem brought out the worst of me at that time.

Pacific good luck moving. Finding what's just right is tough.

Pretty strange on the aspirin. I've never heard of it for 12 to 36 weeks unless you had some sort of clotting issue. Maybe ask her to explain more into their reasoning at next appt as I've heard aspirin isn't good to take 20 weeks+.

Omg I couldn't imagine laboring that long though I suppose she's reassuring that they try to avoid c sections.

CB lol about spiderman and uncle Sam :haha:

Dobby it's sad they don't care. However as toxic as they are it's probably a good thing. I still have issues thinking about my paternal grandmother.

Shae yay for passing clinicals!!

I think 3 new pairs of jeans is still good. Hope your IUD works better for you than bcp.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I had a great one. I loved watching V run around playing with her cousins.

DH was off Wednesday through Friday so I spent as much time as I could with him. I read but no time to post. I can't wait to have weekends off together again. He is working weekend job til end of the year so not much longer.

Next Saturday we are having Christmas portraits done and then go to a local light display. I can't wait to see V's face. Got the Christmas tree up and my presents wrapped. Now to work on Christmas cards and finish up my Christmas shopping.

My November makena injections were approved and put as in network again. Hoping they fix October one to in network as well. It'll go towards my oop max which I'm $800 away. Thankfully, I've truly not had to pay all that as the makena co pay assistance pays all of it but my share of $75month. I've paid OB office a $1000 so once everything goes through in March or February I should get al of that back from OB office. It'll be a nice bit of money when I'm not getting much.

Fluek gkad they sorted out the shots! And isn't it awesone seeing the wonderment in your kiddo's eyes? I remember being amazed at how impressed Des was every time he saw a construction vehicle :haha: We are also going to a light display at the closest botanical gardens sometime next week I think.

Bro and SIL are not pregnant. She is in the tww right now so fx...I think they may seek fertility treatment next year if nothing happens before then.

Thanksgiving was good but my dad is so frustrating. He argues with me about the dumbest sh*t. He is akso noticeably getting weaker and I worry about his health, but he won't do anything about it. He struggles to pick up Des where as my Mom has no problem. 48lbs (or so) shouldn't be that hard! He needs to work out his muscles but he won't do it. He is unbelievably stubborn. Yet he insists cardio is what he needs....yeah ok.

Dons glad the funeral was good for a funeral. That is always the silver lining, seeing extended family. And hopefully good food.

Green i 100% agree with dobby. Give her a call and let her know. Don't flat out say you are doing it because she will have trouble hearing it, but maybe say "I wanted you to be the first to know" because it is kind of an honor to be the first i think...

Shae that is the dumbest yhing injabe ever heard, making your dependent elderly people suffer to prove a point! She could have just told you all beforehand you weren't allowed back from some reason, discussed it, then JK WE ARE GOING BACK. What she did is just cruel!

Anyway glad the new bc was relatively painless. Still ouch on the insert!

And congratulations on passing clinical!

Gigs it sure is! She really loved Halloween decorations at Walmart this year. I'm looking forward to this Christmas more than last year's too :)

Well I hope they get a bfp and announce a pregnancy at Christmas. I hate it when ppl ttc and it isn't happening for them. If nothing else if they do have to seek help I hope it's something simple to "fix".

Maybe it is too much stress on his heart? Sorry, men are difficult to get to go to the dr about their health. In any case no excuse for him to be such a turd with you.

Shae I forgot to comment on the "wrap up" of clinicals. That's really sad. I mean either wrap it up before or after their lunch. She sounds like the "nurses eat their young" type to me. Sounds like she needs to do something else.

Flueks yay for makena injections being covered and Christmas decor up already! That’s so cute that you’re bringing V to see the light display!

Gigs sorry about your dad’s health declining. I agree with Flueks that men tend not to go to the doctor when they should, I think it’s stubbornness and pride. Hopefully he’ll get the help he needs soon.

I agree with the comments re: the wrap up. There are LNAs who are supposed to feed the residents, but there aren’t nearly enough of them for everyone to get fed, so the days we were there people ate the best. Seems mean to take away one of the few days they got that.

Totally forgot SO invited me ages ago to be his plus-one to his cousin’s wedding which is next weekend, he reminded me yesterday and I totally panicked. I don’t have shoes I can wear, I don’t know how his family is going or when or how hotels are working if applicable and he knows nothing as usual. At this point I might have to skip the middle man and just ask his mom about all the details. I told him I need to know everything by tomorrow morning, because there’s a chance I’ll need to get someone to cover my work study shift on Friday. Yikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->