General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Jez epidural consult is done so they can assess risks/contraindications. Go over past medical history, prior anesthesia experience, etc.

Flueky, I like the idea of the consult way before the due date. As I recall, all I wanted to do was get the epidural, screw the paper work, I needed it during labor. I hoped DH listened for me and would have stopped me from signing stupid stuff because I had no clue what I signed for, desperation for pain relief.

Just watched the NE vs KC game. As a New England girl... I am very happy right now :haha:

So apparently our area will have a lunar eclipse and a blood moon tonight.

Strong BH too right at the moment where the whole thing started :haha: (like 5 minutes ago)

Dobby - Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Gigs - That sounds sweet about your MOH singing for you 2. We've never actually decided on a song that would be ours. I'm not sure how serious he was when he said it. I joked a little while ago about "Gimme All Your Lovin'" by ZZ Top being our song. But, if I had to choose, I'd want our first dance to be to "Run" by Snow Patrol.

Anyway, glad to hear things went pretty ok with your birth. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. :)

Kit - Has this regime worked for you in the past? 1200 cals is the bare minimum the body needs to just function, so I agree that you shouldn't go any lower than that. So, unless you know that you're only burning 300 cals with each work out, you may need to eat more. Your body might actually be in starvation mood. Also, there are some people who can lose weight just with diet, but once they add exercise, things stall or they start gaining again. Have you heard of calorie shifting? That, plus eating less carbs seems to have helped me in the past.

Dobby - Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Gigs - That sounds sweet about your MOH singing for you 2. We've never actually decided on a song that would be ours. I'm not sure how serious he was when he said it. I joked a little while ago about "Gimme All Your Lovin'" by ZZ Top being our song. But, if I had to choose, I'd want our first dance to be to "Run" by Snow Patrol.

Anyway, glad to hear things went pretty ok with your birth. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. :)

Kit - Has this regime worked for you in the past? 1200 cals is the bare minimum the body needs to just function, so I agree that you shouldn't go any lower than that. So, unless you know that you're only burning 300 cals with each work out, you may need to eat more. Your body might actually be in starvation mood. Also, there are some people who can lose weight just with diet, but once they add exercise, things stall or they start gaining again. Have you heard of calorie shifting? That, plus eating less carbs seems to have helped me in the past.

Unfortunately the only diet that has worked for me in the past is 600 calories or less a day, but I’ve only ever wanted to lose weight once which was when I was going through my eating issues and I got down to 83lbs, and at that weight I only ate 1 oday out of 3 and only 500 calories on that one day! I don’t burn loads of calories according to my fitness tracker, and I’m currently basically carb free, no bread, no pasta etc. Only eating high protein meals etc, it’s just stupid, I’m sure I’ve got some thyroid issues but my doctor won’t test me for it! I’ve asked before. Kind of tempted to buy some meds online for it but you never know what you’re getting when you do that so I’m too scared to!

Kit- Please take care...and I would advise strongly against online thyroid meds, or even self-diagnosing it. See your doc, hon.

Gigs- Congrats on the birth of baby Myles! He's lovely! I always had them palpate/squish me pretty soon after surgery, all 3 babies. I think they like to do it often while you're still pretty numb...but I don't really know. Yeah...the "paper thin uterus." It's concerning. They did not mess around with that in my case. Mine was pretty bad, though. Like hard to even repair after the baby bad. I'm sure my uterus currently looks like a deflated whoopee cushion with a lot of stitching at the moment. Haha. Oh well. Baby shop is closed. Playground is open.

Kit why wont your Dr test you for it hun? Is it because your fairly petite anyway? Even so.. Id request to see a diff Dr.. please avoid online weight loss/thyroid meds, ive read some horrific things that result in death hun..

Pacific that Blood moon looks great! Happy 37wks btw eee!

Gigs if your reading i hope your feeling abit more better today & less off your face on theatre meds lol! I felt squiffy for a good day & half..

Oh i had Hayden weighed this morning, still following his 75th percentile & weighs 11lb 11oz haha lil chub! Hes very long though!

Happy Monday everyone else Lol! ;)

Sorry, Kit, I missed where it said your doc refused to test for thyroid stuff...CB is right - I'd see a new doc. Definitely do not self-diagnose, or procure meds from the web.

I can't imagine an 11 lb newborn!!! My youngest is nearly 15 months, and she is only just surpassing the 19 lb mark. My older kids were 6 lb dinkers too.

PL - We're now on baby watch for you! Did you remain on team green?

Kit as someone who has had to be an advocate for my own numerous time, I echo insisting on the test or asking a different dr. Not sure about there but here any doctor can order the test -- including your obgyn. Also I hear you on food...this is why I don't food journal. I get obsessive and my fear is doing what I used to do when I had eating issues, which was calorie count and then take that as a personal challenge to eat less and less ("I had 500 yeaterday...bet I could do 400 today...") and watching poinds fall quickly is addictive (albeit obviously unhealthy!).

I still think you should rule out pregnancy, just in case! ;) I doubt that's it but a buck for a test might be worth it just to make sure. As I recall it took some time for you to show last time...

Cb I feel much less woozy brained but I have been rejecting all narcotics. well this morning I just couldn't cope! I mean I was ok but soooooo sore. I caved and took a half dose of my narcotics to take the edge off.

So far I'm not finding the "planned" c/s much easier than unplanned...still quite painful.

Wookie your comment on the playground being open made me literally "lol". I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks and my uterus looked nice and thick. Because it seems to have thinned out during labor, the recommendation for #4 is the same as this one--plan surgery and go in early if labor starts first.

Well, at least that's the opinion of my one doctor...ha!

I forgot to mention a couple funny things. First, Mykes peed on the pediatrician who checked him over immediately after birth :haha: I watched it happen. Other thing is the dr found a freaking staple in there left over from my appendectomy! That was over 4 years ago!!! Thank God it never caused any issues!

Well things are looking good except my platelets are super low...but they dropped after surgery and it's only been less than 2 days so...hopefully I get discharged today!

Gigs, OMG I'd be so pissed if a surgeon left something inside of me!
Stay on top of the pain, my best advice. I think I took them regularly at the hospital whatever stuff they had but at home took over the counter (did not use my prescription for the strong stuff). But phased it out over a week.

Kit, I agree, be your own advocate. Insist on what you feel is necessary. Both my mom and I will argue with doctors, even on medications.

L and I have an invite to a playgroup thing that our midwife puts on every other week this morning. First time doing something like that in months....since we left the small island end of October.

Thanks for all the support guys, definitely negative on the pregnancy front, I stared at it for ages to make sure :rofl: I will ask for a new doctor because it just doesn’t seem right! And yeh it’s because I’m not overweight they won’t test, but I am the same weight I was at the end of my pregnancy :brat:

Kit as someone who has had to be an advocate for my own numerous time, I echo insisting on the test or asking a different dr. Not sure about there but here any doctor can order the test -- including your obgyn. Also I hear you on food...this is why I don't food journal. I get obsessive and my fear is doing what I used to do when I had eating issues, which was calorie count and then take that as a personal challenge to eat less and less ("I had 500 yeaterday...bet I could do 400 today...") and watching poinds fall quickly is addictive (albeit obviously unhealthy!).

I still think you should rule out pregnancy, just in case! ;) I doubt that's it but a buck for a test might be worth it just to make sure. As I recall it took some time for you to show last time...

Cb I feel much less woozy brained but I have been rejecting all narcotics. well this morning I just couldn't cope! I mean I was ok but soooooo sore. I caved and took a half dose of my narcotics to take the edge off.

So far I'm not finding the "planned" c/s much easier than unplanned...still quite painful.

Wookie your comment on the playground being open made me literally "lol". I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks and my uterus looked nice and thick. Because it seems to have thinned out during labor, the recommendation for #4 is the same as this one--plan surgery and go in early if labor starts first.

Well, at least that's the opinion of my one doctor...ha!

I forgot to mention a couple funny things. First, Mykes peed on the pediatrician who checked him over immediately after birth :haha: I watched it happen. Other thing is the dr found a freaking staple in there left over from my appendectomy! That was over 4 years ago!!! Thank God it never caused any issues!

Well things are looking good except my platelets are super low...but they dropped after surgery and it's only been less than 2 days so...hopefully I get discharged today!

Can’t believe they found a staple!!! That’s mad! Sorry about the platelets, hopefully they get back up soon and you get to leave, I hate the hospital!!

Any more sneaky pictures? I love squishy newborns!!

Pacific I think I'll still have papers agreeing to be admitted, etc. but at least I won't be answering all those questions. As you said it's har to think clearly when in intense pain. Happy 37 weeks!!

Beautiful moon pic. I forgot to look outside late last night.

Shae I'm not really a fan of either. However, I can't stand Tom Brady :haha: he just seems like such an arrogant prick to me.

Kitty that's really unhealthy for your body as I'm sure you know. Sounds like metabolism is slow for some reason. I agree with the others seek another gp that will listen to you and test thyroid function. :hugs: I'm sure you are still beautiful. Oh and definitely do not order "prescription" drugs online they are dangerous.

CB awww he's really chunking up! I love it when they have those cute baby fat rolls. V had huge wrist rolls once she finally chunked up. My nephew asked what the line on her wrist was :rofl:

Gigs sorry the pain isn't really better than emergency CS. I don't think I could get through a CS without narcotics. I managed not to do narcotics with my vaginal delivery but surgical pain has got to be worse I imagine. I hope platelets go back up and you guys go home soon. I'm glad they removed that staple before it became infected one day and created an abscess.

:rofl: Myles peeing on pediatrician. You would think he'd be a master at preventing that. Maybe Myles just has good aim :haha: V peed on me the first time I changed her.

AFM baby shower/sprinkle went really well. We had fun just being with family. I got most of what I needed and ordered the rest of amazon. Got my labor bag mostly packed so I'm quite pleased with that. My nesting urge is in full force. I'm wanting to throw out everything :haha:

I keep having what I think are false contractions. Not braxton hicks as they are somewhat painful. I get AF like cramps with back pain typically every evening past 4 days or so. They tend to dissipate with rest thankfully. Just keeping a close eye on it, but will otherwise just wait til my appt on 28th.

V was really cute last night. As I was lying in bed with her she wrapped her arm around my neck to hug me so then I kissed her. Then she pushed my head off her pillow :rofl: her transition to the bed is so so. Went well last night, but not so easy Friday or Saturday night.

Gigs sorry the planned CS isn’t going much better for you. Hilarious that Myles peed on the pediatrician! I would’ve been shocked by a 2 pain rating during those contractions as well, I consider a 2 like, a paper cut.

Kit I echo the others, advocate for yourself and demand the thyroid testing. Not just the one basic number either, I’d recommend a full thyroid panel (I’m not a doctor though). A YouTuber I watch did full thyroid and hormone testing and found out she has a bunch of low levels and that’s why she was so depressed and tired all the time. I assume thyroid is more important for you than the other hormones but it depends what the doctor says.

Flueks I’m not really attached to any particular player, I just root for the Patriots because I’m a New England girl born and raised. I’m not usually super into sports, and this is the first game I’ve watched this year, I basically just care about the Super Bowl and I wanted to see if they would make it to the Super Bowl. We have a Super Bowl watch party at my school and I was really hoping we’d get to have it, and we will, so I’m excited about that. Watching the AFC championship, the Chiefs were amazing, it was a really good match up, their quarterback is super talented. I felt kinda bad that they lost because we won the coin toss and managed to come back from like 3 3rd downs. But at the same time the Pats are my team so I was super excited.
Anyway, I hope V’s transition becomes consistently easy. Also hoping the contractions don’t increase and baby stays in there until full term!

Michelle omg! How many dpo are you? I’d say the afternoon one is def darker!

Forgot to tell you guys, Thursday SO had a first rheumatology appointment. He has bad joint pain, in basically all his joints, to the point where he has to stop during sex due to pain, and he’s just in pain every day. He’s had this since middle school, and I finally convinced him to see a rheumatologist. They did x-rays, blood test lab was closed cuz they took so long with the x-rays so he had to go back the next morning for those. The doctor hasn’t reviewed the results yet, the tests were done at the end of the appointment. She recommended aleve and PT and a 3 month follow up at the appointment... like um okay... my mom says that’s in case they can’t find anything. We’re waiting for her to call about the results, because in my opinion there’s no way there’s not something wrong. Even when he was in good shape he had the pain, it’s not from lack of exercise or weight or anything. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an autoimmune issue, since his mom is a type 1 diabetic. Not sure how long it’ll take to get the results, since the blood was taken on a Friday and it’s a holiday long weekend. I’m just praying they find something and that it’s treatable. I don’t expect a cure, just a treatment, something to make this better. Any prayers or good juju or energy or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Shae don't mind me. I'm just crazy sometimes :haha:

Hope he gets some answers. I agree with his age and not overweight he shouldn't have that type of pain. Praying for you both.

Michelle I definitely see that afternoon bfp!!! How exciting!!!! :happydance:

Michelle, yepp, thats pretty obvious! Congratulations! :)

Wookie, yes I am still on team green, although DH knows !

Shae, you lost me with all that football talk... anyway, I think you are talking about football ;)

Gigs, lol on peeing on the pediatrician. L peed on DH right when the surgeon came in to check on me the next morning :haha: I wasn't up to walk yet, so DH was doing all the diapers!

Afm, saw the midwife today, she gave me some good things to try to get baby into the ideal position. So we'll see. The af type cramps she thinks is the cervix thinning.
One thing I forgot to ask if baby is staying in our room the whole time. That was protocol in the bigger hospital where L was born and I quite liked it. The nurse actually gave us a serious talk right at the beginning of "no one, not even a nurse or doctor is allowed to leave yoir room with your baby unless it's you with a matching bracelet accompanying him".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->