General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gigs, you are too sweet with your words :) thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt! :haha: I am going to ask hubby tonight... Now I want to know.
Glad to hear the licenses all came through, sounds like they could be fully up and running within a few days! Thats a lot of stress of his shoulders which he probably was trying not to lay on your shoulders...

Flueky: yay for baby class. Even if basic, there may have been some things to take away from, even if only the pre-registrations!
Enjoy your sprinkle :)

Tex, nice to hear from you, hope you all feel better soon! Winter is dreadful for this stuff...

L is currently fighting his nap, I am sad to say he is no longer napping every day. More so a as necessary thing (days when he wakes up too early in the am for example).

Gigs yay!!! I’m so glad the license went through and things are moving quickly! That seems like a lovely celebratory dinner to me.

CB aw giggly sleepovers, so cute! AF is trying to start. I’m 14 dpo today so technically due tomorrow. Didn’t need a tampon or anything last night or this morning but this afternoon when I swabbed I got some blood so I threw in a tampon. We’ll see I suppose.

PL aw sorry L isn’t napping anymore :(

My crappy feeling has intensified after dinner. How fun. I have a headache and I’m nauseous. Not much on the tampon, either. Lovely.

Gigs glad everything’s going well for the business!

Shae sorry you’re feeling crappy! i always feel crappy when it’s AF time, I literally turn into a bitch!

I’ve been temping, I had a 105 day period after the twins, which was down to fibroids but that’s under control and I’m having normal periods now but I’m just not ovulating!

As for the wedding we have a good few months but my mums piling on the pressure :brat: plus I’m struggling to lose weight and get to where I want to, it seems no matter what I eat I’m getting bigger... and every time I eat ANYTHING someone says ‘careful, you’ve got a wedding dress to fit in!’ Or similar and that really pisses me off since I am trying to lose some weight but I don’t want to just starve myself and risk it becoming an issue again

Kit have you tried any strength training? Sometimes building up a little muscle can help inctease your metabolism. Also have you tested just to rule out pregnancy?

Shae sorry you are feeling so yucky :(

Cb wow a sleepover?! What age did that start? I am awful with even arranging simple play dates.

I haven’t tested but I’m still having a period every month so I don’t think I can be pregnant? :rofl:

I do a little bit of strength training but not loads, I need to unpack all the weights first haha!

Kitty - never feel bad about complaining/venting! It may sound strange, but I love reading vents. Not sure why. Maybe it’s validating to know other moan about things (big and small) too? Also it’s always nice to share woes, so I like when people feel comfortable doing that. Anyway I’m sorry about your period. Could it be the stress? As for weight loss, I hear you about that being tricky. I’ve never had stamina for eating better for more than a week, but I did lose a fair bit of weight once upon a time by cutting out lots of meat and dairy. My mum stopped eating gluten (due to a legit sensitivity) and lost s tonne of weight (which is pretty good for someone in their 60s!). Anyway, you prob didn’t need to know any of this, and either way I am sure you will look stunning because, well, you are.

Gigs - I’m so happy to hear about the business! How did the treats go down? Any “other” kind of treats *wink wink*? Remind me what your hubby’s business is... something to do with mechanics?

Tex - glad you guys are doing okay despite the sicknesses. It’s been sickness central here too. I actually had Fever and chills all day yesterday and the night before, and I can hear Tilly getting congested as I write this. I always heard having kids pushed the immune system to another level but I guess I didn’t realize how much that sucked. Fx your sis conceives asap! She’s the one you’re closest with, is that right?

Flueks - is complain about the Saturday gig too, and I’m not even preg. Can’t wait to hear about your sprinkle. Am I right in thinking you never got a proper baby shower with V? Quite exciting now if so. Glad V is doing better in her room. She probably loved having you there to get used to it at the start. So sad to think of her sitting between the mattress and chair! Bless her. And I know I asked this before and it was even answered, but what’s the epidural consult for? I’ve never heard of it here. Certainly they didn’t offer me one - they just gave me the epi while in labour.

PL - I admire you for doing so much at the end of your pregnancy, and with a toddler in tow. I guess in some ways it could be conceivable for you and Gigs to have your babies at the same time. Can’t wait till we get even more babies here!

CB - that must’ve been bliss to have Hayden sleep for 8 hours straight. I don’t think Tilly did that for a long, long time (if ever?), though she only ever really roused to help herself to milk á la dream feeds, like L and PL. Anyway, for sure you deserve a good sleeper! I know Nuala wasn’t always keen on sleep bless her. Also lol at her repeating things. It’s a miracle Tilly hasn’t repeated my many swear words (yet).

Shae - I think your second semester sounds so much more promising. I know this is when people get weeded out but imagine how much it would suck if you had the scary supervisor this semester rather than last. I honestly don’t think you have anything to worry about, but a little anxiety is always motivating anyway. As for your gut issues, I know I said this before but honestly I keep thinking about your antidepressants. I was surprised to learn in psychopharmacology how extensive their effects on the body are, especially on the GI tract and especially with SSRIs. Anyway, I hope it all gets sorted soon. And your sleep too!

AFM my other BFF who’s almost 33 weeks just got admitted to hospital with high BP and symptoms of pre-e. Protein in urine and blood Confirmed it’s starting stages of pre-e. It’s exactly what happened to our other BFF in Nov and they even had the same OB throughout their pregnancy and stayed in the same high risk room. But our other BFF carried to 37 weeks before being induced coz her BP was controlled by loooots of serious meds. But she never had protein in her urine nor any signs of fetal distress, whereas the currently pregnant BFF does, so we are a little concerned. AND livid because she’s someone who bends over backwards for everyone else and for her job and she bloody discharged herself while in triage so she could make it to an “important” work meeting, and then when of course she landed back in hospital the next morning for even worse symptoms, her hubby (who’s also a close friend of ours) pissed off to work, leaving her alone in a windowless hospital room after being told her son has a skip in his heartbeat and she definitely has starting pre-e. Btw neither of them have life-or-death jobs and it’s not a matter of losing out on money because she has good benefits and he’s a self employed editor and they’re very well off. Anyway, sorry for the rant... it’s just been a thing for a long time... poor thing hates her job but is too passive to leave it because she doesn’t want to let them down, and that’s the same reason she dragged herself back to work, as if her coworkers wouldn’t understand that she’s in potentially quite a dangerous medical situation and may need to deliver within the week. Grrr.

Last edited:
Jez I do think it’s very possible my antidepressants are messing with my gut. Thinking about it, I forgot to take my meds Wednesday and Thursday, remembered Friday afternoon (technically it’s Saturday now). Maybe that’s why I’m having normal bowel movements lol. Idk if there’s other options for me that will work as well and not mess with my GI tract.
I hope your friend’s condition improves and also that she learns to tell her job to f* off while she’s having serious medical issues lol

Kitty definitely don’t starve yourself. You’re gorgeous the way you are, truly. Have you gained weight since your dress fitting or are you worried about it happening? I agree with the others on exercise. Stress can also cause weight gain. Also, it’s possible, though uncommon, to get your period while pregnant. It’s the cause of a lot of those “I didn’t know I was pregnant” stories. Maybe take a quick test just in case, since you say everything is making you gain weight. I doubt that’s the case, but it’s good to check.

I was doing so well with my sleep schedule until now. I was feeling so crappy that I let myself go to bed after dinner, and of course I woke up at 1 am (possibly just cuz I had to pee). I’m mad at myself that I didn’t go straight back to sleep. All this water I’m drinking is making me have to pee constantly. It’s driving me a little nuts.

I haven’t tested but I’m still having a period every month so I don’t think I can be pregnant? :rofl:

I do a little bit of strength training but not loads, I need to unpack all the weights first haha!

:rofl: hmmmm where have I seen this before...? :-k LOL girrrrl just grab a cheapie for peace of mind! Except it seems it's more for my own peace of mind...but still.

Jez, no more *wink wink* time over here out of fear of timing of birth! I am afraid of going into labor until after the weekend. We are expected bad weather this weekend, my mom is leaving for a dat then returning hopefully before weather gets too bad, then on Monday my least fave dr is on call. So I may try to get in a session on Monday and hope for things to happen Tuesday-Thursday. Also going for a pedicure and cupcakes either Monday or Tuesday.

Hubs' business is a european auto repair shop. There's one other specialized shop like this in the city but it's not well known, has a clientele that is evidently very "clicky", and I read their reviews and they actually publicly talk back, RUDELY I will add, to negative feedback online! I mean it's all right there to read. It's crazy! I assume they stay in business with loyal clientele and friends. Definitely not by reputation/word of mouth.

Anyway the new shop is a bit beat up but the location is amazing. That's another reason I don't want to do the baby thing yet, because I'm trying to help spruce up the interior space as much as i can before I can't.

Sorry had to pause as Des is awake! It's not even 7am yet and it's Saturday! I can hear him talking to himself on the couch :haha:

Anyway, Jez, your friend sounds like a work s holic. I reeeeaaaally hope she stays put in the hospital this time as they may be able to stave off symptoms under monitoring & meds. Every day they keep baby in will be of benefit but she definitely needs to be watched...and wtf with the dad?! He must not know the very real and severe complications pre-e can have on baby and mom. I hope all is ok for them...maybe because of the positive outcome with your other bff she assumes things with herself aren't that dire...?

Just letting y'all know I'm timing contractions...getting a tinge of pain in my lower back/tailbone and they feel really strong but not particularly painful, if that makes sense...? Just like a hint...but man they just feel like strong pressure.

I am so nervous now! I'm having a lot of mixed emotions...and guilt because i will have to call my mom back early (she went back home 2 hours away, supposed to come back tomorrow) and also hubby was supposed to go spend time with his brother today. Now they're stuck here waiting for me to decide if I should go into triage yet again...

Bllaaahhhh

Gigs aw crappy timing huh? That’s babies for ya. Keep us updated on whether you decide to go in!

AFM I’m calling this AF, it increased a bunch overnight and it’s all dark brown aka old blood but a lot of mirena periods were like that so I’m gonna say this is CD1, which makes sense since yesterday was 14 dpo.

Gigs, babies come when they want.... Fingers crossed for you!! Don't feel bad, they all knew you have been having contractions for days!

Shae, hopefully your body feels better now that af started.

Jez, wow, I do hope your friends realize the seriousness of the situation.

All prepped for my c section! I am having regular painful contractions but not progressing at all -.- so I have opted for the c/s. Honestly the pain is bad enough that it helped make my decision. Like screw laboring if it's going to be like this again...all the pain and minimal progression.

I have 2 iv's in and waiting for platelet count to come back, then off for surgery!

Good thoughts, prayers, and juju are appreciated!

Wishing you all the best!! Thinking of you :) welcome to the world Myles and an easy recovery to you gigs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->