General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Shae, fingers crossed! Has he ever been bit by a tick? Makes me think of lyme disease... In some cases it can be hard to proof, but in the later stages it will hit the joints to the point of arthritic changes in the joints. A former neighbor of mine has it, and it's been a struggle for her and she's quite sore in her joints. Quite fit actually before it hit her but it had been years since she last even saw a tick!

Thanks guys. 10 dpo today.

I wish I could remember and respond to everyone, but the early pregnancy fatigue is already hitting me. Time for sleep. Zzzz

PL he did have Lyme disease as a kid, but it was treated. It’s always possible this is from that, I suppose. It could explain his fatigue perhaps? Though he said his fatigue has been less bad the past several months and we know he’s had mono in the past and didn’t know until after... I don’t know much about Lyme disease. I suppose we’ll have to see what the results say.
So the AF-like cramps are normal and don’t mean labor right away then, yes? I hope baby stays in until after next weekend!

Flueks yes it’s definitely odd, especially since the pain started when he was like 10 and never went away, and he’s had it through being all muscular to gaining a little weight and losing muscle (still not overweight though), doesn’t matter what physical shape he’s in, he’s in pain. It’s weird. He’s always had this problem, and my mom said if he’s in so much pain he needs to stop during sex it’s a major red flag, because it was happening when we were teenagers and teen boys don’t just stop during sex unless the pain is excruciating. Also, I totally wasn’t offended by your football comments lol, I’m not crazy like some Pats fans. I’m more of a casual viewer.

AFM been working on my sim lab prep work for hours. Partly my own fault, I could’ve been done earlier but kept getting distracted. I had to have a cup of coffee because I was getting so tired and if we don’t have our prep work done we have to reschedule our sim lab and we get points taken off, so I can’t slack off on this. The lab is on diabetes, specifically diabetic foot wounds and glucose monitoring/management.

In class we were told we won’t be putting in IVs on real people? Apparently a lot of schools aren’t letting students do it anymore and I’m very concerned, I don’t want to graduate not having placed an IV, it’s kinda frickin important. I hope they at least have us do it in lab... some people on IG take supplies home and practice on their SOs but that sounds illegal, I don’t think hospitals or labs will let you just take home needles. SO said he’d let me practice on him if given the chance but I don’t think I’ll get that chance, I don’t want to do anything that’ll get me in trouble. Silly guy thought I could use his mom’s insulin needles :rofl: Nursing people understand why I’m laughing, they’re like 27-31 gauge and IVs are like 18-22 gauge. Plus they don’t have the IV catheter, just a needle... lots of incompatibilities. Anyway. Hopefully we learn somehow cuz I don’t want to be incompetent.

Shae. i also was immediately thinking chronic Lyme. I have it, but I have more neuro symptoms. Never had the joint pain but that is fairly common. The "telltale" sign with that one is pain that moves to different joints. In other words, he doesn't always have it in one joint, as with an injury. He'll have it in his knees, then his shoulder, maybe his hands, then back to a knee, etc. over a period of time. The scary thing about Lyme is you can get different strands of it, so if he had it as a kid he may have gotten it again later. Alternatively the treatment may not have worked. Personally I was treated for months (including a picc line) and i still have it.

Anyway i would suggest he ask his dr to specifically test for that.

PL good luck to you on the contraction starting! Hopefully things are already happening so you get a head start when labor hits!

Mich i see something faint, fx it gets darker! Keep posting!

Afm, we are home! They discharged us yesterday. This has been my shortest stay yet :thumbup: unfortunately things aren't going great with breastfeeding :( he is feeding fine, but my nips are beat up! He bruised them and every time he eats it is soooo painful. I got help with lactation yesterday who said his latch looks good...so basically they think I may have let him get away with a bad latch once or twice and now I just have to suck it up until they heal and hope he doesn't make them worse -.-

Everyone is in good health though! I am so sore (my incision site looks bruised af) but so happy we're home and healthy.

I will say, I think there is something about laboring that helps the bonding process. This is a documented theory, but it holds true for me. I labored all the way with Lev, and when I got to hold him the first time, and he opened his eyes and looked into mine, i had the most incredible feeling of insta-love. It's the best thing I've ever experienced I think. That did not happen with Des or Myles. I can't remember when it hit with Des but it hit me last night with Myles. Until then I just felt fiercely protective of him. Now that remains and I am also totally smitten! He is adorable and perfect. Not sure if any of you can relate but there ya go!

Ohhhhh hes soooo beautiful Gigs <3 hows the feeding going? Keep up wuth doing home meds every 4 hrs, they really do help :)

Ahh Michelle i can def see oober faint ones & the afternoon test is abit darker eeee!! Have u tested again today??

Can def relate to that bonding/Labour process, i had instant smitten ness with Nuala because i was in labour but not with Riley & not as much with Hayden, i guess the love is already there from having 2 babies already? I only thought it was me but i guess not lol!

Are u home yet Gigs? How are the Boys with new baby bro

My page didn’t refresh (eyeroll) glad your home ..get yeself some Lanisoh/Lansinoh nipple balm it really helps esp in first few days :thumbup:

Oh yeah I'm lubing these puppies up!

Oh the boys have been absolutely amazing! They visited in the hospital first. Des said immediately "I love Myles" :haha: and Lev goes "Baby!" Then saw his hospital blanket had ducks all over it and he just kept pointing at them and going "duck! Duck! Duck!" As he pointed at each one hahahha

At home, Des looked him over and that was pretty much it. He was playing videos games when we arrived and they took priority :roll: Levin was very interested, checked him out in his car seat (I'll post a pic!) and that was about it. I was nervous he'd be jealous or cry when I held Myles but he has paid no mind at all. Now we are just trying to stop him from throwing toys. He nearly hit me and Myles today. He doesn't throw them to intentionally hit anyone but he has come close anyway!

Gigs, he's a lovely baby. So squishy. Eeee!!!! I love newborns. Sorry you're so sore. I fared really well with belly births 2 & 3, though. I was up and at 'em as soon as the numbness wore off. Glad to hear they've left the option of having a #4 on the table!

Michelle!!! Congratulations...I see a faint line on both of those. Praying it's a sticky bean!

Shae - It does sort of sound like a Lymes flare-up of some sort...I don't know much about it, honestly. I do hope he gets it figured out, and feels better soon.

Sore nips. Mine were SHREDDED for several weeks with Charlotte, and she had a nice deep latch, etc. There's this myth that runs rampant among a lot of bfing circles that states that if you're feeling pain while nursing, something isn't right, and that bfing isn't supposed to hurt. Yet the studies done on this, confirm that initially, the vast majority of moms experience nipple pain. Charlotte was like a freakin' vampire to my nipple, and it KILLED at least for the first 30 seconds of her latching on, and she has only ever wanted the one side. So, that was tough for a while. Things just hurt less over time, and now, 15 months in, it's all good.

Gigs, my mw suggested breast milk for those sore nipples. When baby is done squeeze some out and rub in. Let dry on. With L I regretted letting other people talk me into buying nipple cream....
Can't say I had that immediate love bond with L either. After 20 hours of back labour, he came out the belly, got cleaned which I tried to watch, but he was out of view because I figured that's what I should do. When he was brought over, I wasn't even sure if I should move my arms to touch him! I was trying to hold "really still" for the surgeon :haha:
It didn't happen until we were back in our room and he started to nurse.... Maybe because he is our first?

Wookie I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or not lol but thanks! Hubby got me a nipple shield so hopefully they can recover a little before I attempt wothout again. This kid just has a really powerful suck I think. He also chomps a bit versus just pulling. I wish I had tried to toughen up my nipples a bit before he came but I completely forgot!

PL it's good to hear yet another person with the "delayed love" haha. I think the theory is there are chemicals released during vaginal delivery that doesn't happen with a c section. Maybe it's triggered by dilating fully? Or something released during those ending pushing contractions to help counter the pain? I only read up on it briefly when weighing my vba2c options. Anyway I got to 10cm and was pishing with Levin which was very different from ds1 and ds3 :shrug:

In other news my milk came in! The mom boobs are out of control. Enormous and engorged already :roll: the hurt despite Myles being on each for 20 minutes. I'm hoping pumping isn't a failure this time! I am excited about getting freezer stock going!

I don’t think the insta love has anything to do with vaginal birth vs C Section, because I definitely didn’t have insta love with Evie, and she was natural! I think it’s just something that either happens or doesn’t!

That's fair! It's totally anecdotal and held true for me. Actually Kit that makes me feel better because that means there's hope if we do this one last time!

Insta-love: my mom told us that it took her a few hours to get that feeling (we were both no pain meds vaginal births), at first it was like “wait this is my baby? This is so weird and crazy” And after a few hours it was like “yup, this is my baby and I love her”. I think it makes sense, considering you’ve never seen this little person except on ultrasounds, and suddenly they come out of you a whole living person and it’s just crazy. It’s hard to fathom, really.

Not feeling great today. I was fine until sim lab ended at 3:30 and then I got a migraine. I napped from 4:30ish to 6:20ish and went to dinner, and now I’m back and sweating and headachey and bleh. I can’t go straight to sleep cuz I have a load of laundry going and I need to shower and I need to clean the snow off my car from the weekend storm before I have to leave for clinical in the morning.

Re: Lyme Disease, I feel like he was tested a few years ago because of all his symptoms, but I’ll ask him. It doesn’t really have flare ups so much, it’s always an issue, he probably has good days and bad days but it always hurts, sometimes just more than other times. Idk.
I mentioned to him how the wedding date I picked many years ago is now in 2 years and 10 months. He was like “Christ”, and I was worried that meant he wasn’t okay with that but I asked him straight up cuz I’m like that and he said he’s fine with it, it’s just coming so fast and he didn’t realize how much time had passed and stuff. So that’s good. Even though we aren’t technically officially engaged yet :rofl: I’m glad we still have plenty of time though because until we know where he’s going for work, it’ll be hard to plan. It’s always possible we’ll delay it a year so that I’m not planning it during my senior year of college. We’ll see lol, still nearly 3 years to go.

Shae, I hope he gets it figured out and there’s a simple solution to make the pain go away.

Gigs, I definitely did not have insta love after having my girl (vaginal, no epidural). It was more like.. oh hey, there’s a baby! Oh that baby just peed on me. Oh no, I have no idea how to take care of this baby. I’d say it took leaving the hospital to really feel the love, because everything in the hospital just felt like a blur.

I’m so glad things are going great with Myles! It sounds like Des and Lev are going to love having a brother.

Over here... got a positive test again this morning. I’m supposed to go in for betas tomorrow and Friday morning so they can check my levels and see if I need progesterone. I’m really hoping for a sticky bean! After so many miscarriages, I feel super cautious.

Ok so I'm changing my view on this and have decided I will just count myself lucky for experiencing it once!

Mich no pictures to share of the newest test? *pout* that is so exciting! Did you tell SO? I love hearing reveal/reaction stories...

Today Levin tried to put his blanket on Myles. It was so sweet! He later tried to use him to hoist himself onto the couch though...lol

Shae any idea when he may actually propose?

Update: I asked SO, he said he was tested for Lyme a few years ago while trying to figure out what was wrong with him, twice. Negative both times. He never saw a rheumatologist though so I’m hoping this is what will determine the issue.

Gigs no clue :rofl: he knows it’s supposed to be at least one year before the set date. I like to send him links to rings every once in a while because I’m annoying lol. I trust he’ll do it when he’s ready. Money is tight for him right now, his transmission is going and he’s saving up for a new used car. So I’m not bugging him about it atm.

Hi All, I have a faint positive at 8DPO then a stronger one at 9DPO however I'm feeling a bit crampy and like a stitch still. no bleeding. do some woman feel this after an early positive and still be ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->