• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Great progression erin. Fingers crossed that the little bean is just digging in ;)

Ls caugh is starting and he's now sounding quite stuffy. Definitely at least a cold. :(

Ugh my baby got sent home from daycare today due to a fever. I think I may have gotten it too. Hoping I didn’t, since I don’t think I can take anything!

Oh, my hcg numbers came back good. Hcg was 49 and progesterone was 21 I think. Rechecking hcg on Friday morning to see if it’s doubling.

well the spotting has gotten heavier. I guess I will just wait and see if it goes pink/red. my lines get stronger each day. I am just so confused and stressing

Erin maybe call your ob? I had a day or two of brown spotting with ds1. Your lines look great! So what is your background? Is this your first pregnancy?

Pl I missed your comment earlier! Your hubby sounds entertaining. Do you have any prospective names for either sex? Yes I also will not judge anyone for choosing to circumcise their kids but I have strong feelings against it. I just hope people do their research. But i think y'all know my story so i will not go into it...but i will mention everyone who asked me at the hospital, and today at our follow up, if he'll be circumcised said "ok, good" when I said no. It makes me wonder if there's been a shoft in this view point and un-snipped is becoming the norm :shrug:

Anywho sorry to hear L has a cold! I hope you don't catch it!

Mich same with you!

Erin maybe call your ob? I had a day or two of brown spotting with ds1. Your lines look great! So what is your background? Is this your first pregnancy?

Pl I missed your comment earlier! Your hubby sounds entertaining. Do you have any prospective names for either sex? Yes I also will not judge anyone for choosing to circumcise their kids but I have strong feelings against it. I just hope people do their research. But i think y'all know my story so i will not go into it...but i will mention everyone who asked me at the hospital, and today at our follow up, if he'll be circumcised said "ok, good" when I said no. It makes me wonder if there's been a shoft in this view point and un-snipped is becoming the norm :shrug:

Anywho sorry to hear L has a cold! I hope you don't catch it!

Mich same with you!
I have booked for monday. I'm only 10DPO and my period is due in 4 days. no red bleeding yet just brown. first pregnancy TTC 8 Months. been taking test every morning and they keep getting darker

Erin I had a lot of spotting in pregnancy, though not quite that early. And for my chemical, my lines also started fading before bleeding started. Crossing fingers for too still.

Michelle poor Z being sick. I hope she wasn’t too miserable before she got sent home.

PL ditto on poor L. Sometimes I hate colds more than other sicknesses because it sucks for them not to be able to breathe properly when sleeping. Daycare has finally made me totally used to all the sicknesses now. It’s kind of like free exposure therapy.

Re: circumcision it’s so funny how it’s a North American thing. In the UK I encountered like one guy who was snipped, and it was baffling.

Shae I feel so bad for you re: sleep and a 12-hour clinical. I hope you survived. Among my many unsolicited sleep tips, I’d suggest really, really avoiding napping at any cost if you have a big day the next day, and also know that most people vastly overestimate their problems with functioning due to lack of sleep (and it’s also often the worry of that that prevents sleep further). As I say this, I’m feeling SO tired and should probably get ready for bed myself and sleep, but I just know I’ll get a second wind at 11pm. So bad.

So my friend is still in labour. Six hours After the cervadil she was still only 1cm dilated (she’s 33.5 weeks remember) and apparently even placing the cervadil and foley were so painful that she got an epidural just to place the latter. She’s also basically not slept for three days.

Erin, fingers crossed for you. Hopefully it's nothing.

Gigs, interesting comment back from the hospital staff! There must be a shift happening. I mean if not a single doctor wants to do it here...?? And you reside in a much more populated area then I do! According to my mw, our entire area sees an average of 8 babies a month.
As for names: I am (or I should say we are) horrible at names. It took us 4 months to name our cat! And her name ended up being Coconut... Conversation went like that after 4 months:
Me: DH, she really needs a name! Can't keep calling her kitten....
DH: I don't care what we name her, kitten, cat, kk, coconut, I don't f-ing care!
Me: fine coconut it is!

Now of course dh swears he never said coconut, that's just what I heard. However the name stuck.

Jez, how often does Tilly get sick from daycare? We've been lucky with sicknesses so far, but then he also hasnt been around other kids much since we moved end of October. It was bound to happen, better now then later? IDK...
Keep us updated on your friend, please.

Shae: sorry about the lack of sleep, hope you made it through the day ok.

I’m trying to remember what the circumcision policy was at the hospital where I gave birth. I actually think they don’t allow it and that if someone wanted it, they needed to do it off site or something.

Re: your cat that’s pretty funny. Does DH remember what he did say? Denying it would be the kind thing my DH would do too. So do you think it’s conceivable that baby won’t have a name at all for a little bit, or has it been left up to DH to decide?

Tilly did pretty well re: sickness the first month of daycare, then was sick on and off, and then was pretty much constantly sick with back-to-back stuff for about a month. *touch wood* she’s been more or less okay since the holidays, minus a one-day fever and a snotty nose, but of course now that I’ve said that she’ll come down with something, especially since we are going away this weekend. I was actually sick last week, had fever for two days. Ive has fever three times since daycare, and prior to that I’ve not had it in like 12 years I swear.

Hey ladies, I survived my clinical! It went super well, my instructor is amazing. I found out today that my previous instructor made 4/6 of us cry and did a lot of super unprofessional things, so I’m not the only one who had an issue with her. I actually didn’t have an awful time with energy, I powered through the whole day with coffee. My patient puked in the morning, but not on me, so it’s fine. I was reminded that sounds of someone vomiting make my gag reflex act up lol, I had to suppress it. I worry when I’m older and pregnant, a patient vomiting will actually make me vomit too. But for today I survived. I’m sure I’ll get more used to it as time goes on.

Gigs before bed I showered, put on pajamas, went to the bathroom, climbed into bed. Idk what happened really, it was weird.

Erin the line looks great, hopefully the bleeding is nothing and will slow down.

Michelle awesome progression!

Erin I had a lot of spotting in pregnancy, though not quite that early. And for my chemical, my lines also started fading before bleeding started. Crossing fingers for too still.

Michelle poor Z being sick. I hope she wasn’t too miserable before she got sent home.

PL ditto on poor L. Sometimes I hate colds more than other sicknesses because it sucks for them not to be able to breathe properly when sleeping. Daycare has finally made me totally used to all the sicknesses now. It’s kind of like free exposure therapy.

Re: circumcision it’s so funny how it’s a North American thing. In the UK I encountered like one guy who was snipped, and it was baffling.

Shae I feel so bad for you re: sleep and a 12-hour clinical. I hope you survived. Among my many unsolicited sleep tips, I’d suggest really, really avoiding napping at any cost if you have a big day the next day, and also know that most people vastly overestimate their problems with functioning due to lack of sleep (and it’s also often the worry of that that prevents sleep further). As I say this, I’m feeling SO tired and should probably get ready for bed myself and sleep, but I just know I’ll get a second wind at 11pm. So bad.

So my friend is still in labour. Six hours After the cervadil she was still only 1cm dilated (she’s 33.5 weeks remember) and apparently even placing the cervadil and foley were so painful that she got an epidural just to place the latter. She’s also basically not slept for three days.
still no red and it comes and goes it's full on hopefully this bleeding goes away and I am in the clear. thanks for the support

Jez, dh is in denial of knowing anything further then that for the cat name :haha: just keeps going back to "that's not what I said!". As for baby name, I am pretty sure he has a short list of names or at least will by the time it is born. I mean at this point the guy has known for 6 months (although we have gone through some pretty stressful times where thinking of names didn't even come to mind).
Knock on wood Tilly does not get sick before yoir weekend away!

Shae: glad to hear your day went good, now go get some rest!
Oh, and interesting on the previous instructor, has a complaint been filed yet?

And just to add: the cat doesn't look a thing like a coconut. She isn't round or brown... A fit and small-ish longhaired orange cat...
L btw has figured out that he can throw toys for her and she will chase after them. He is just rolling in laughter. Running away with a string getting her to chase him, hasn't quite clicked yet, but we are close. Now if only the cat didn't loose the "throw and chase" toys each night, L would be a lot happier ;)

Pacific haha re naming the Cat ;) hows Logan today?

Michelle - eeeee!! Test progression looks fab & great on the betas aswell! Im paracetamol or Tylenol as its called in US is fine when pg, fx it passes quick for you & your lil one :hugs:

Erin your tests look ace hun, congrats! Im sure the beany baby is just digging in & getting cosy, I had browny pink dpotting for nearly 8/9 wks with my first, awful cramping with my daughter & just a dot of brown with bub no3! All is normal.. i know its daunting, try not to stress & enjoy early pg before sickness kicks in lol! Us this your 1st pg?

Re circumcision, ive only briefly dated (if humping is just called brief dating ??! Lol) only 1 bloke who had this done, felt weird but not a standard thing they do in uk unless religion related or medical issues, i know SO’s bro had it done as a child but no probs now.

Jez i hope your friend has her bub soon & the Labour doesnt drag on too long for her..

My bestie had her baby on Tuesday this wk, baby boy, 7lb 7oz hes sooo cute! A very quick PAINFUL labour in less than 6 hrs :shock: just a couple of stitches.

Gigs how are those Nips doing today??

Shae - how u geeling now u survived clinical hehe have a drink to relax :)

Flueks, hows things your end? Are u ready for baby arrival

& how can my baby be over 6 wks old already:( makes me sad that time is flying already..

Left nip is better, right hurts something awful. I made the mistake of trying without the shield and omgggggg it really felt like a razor cutting into it, or a full grown human biting down but just on the underside. Now even with the shield it's hurting quite bad again :roll:

Might also have something to do with the 4 hour cluster feeding session last night! Never experienced it before. Ds1 wouldn't latch and ds2 always fell asleep on the boob. Man it really makes you feel like your only purpose in life is to be a feed bag :haha:

Omg pl! That cat name story is hilarious! I was going to suggest maybe having L help with the names (maybe you say a fee to him and see if he likes them) but I also don't trust kids with names. This is because I asked ds1 if he would like to suggest a middlename for Myles. You know what he freaking INSISTED on???

Tumblesquash.

Like wtf? :rofl: i said if he likes it we can change his middle name to Tumblesquash and he said "NOOOOOOOO!" Lmao

Jez ugh your poor friend! Sounds like her body just isn't ready for birth yet. What kind of pre e symptoms was she experiencing?

Cb wow congrats to your bestie! It's so exciting when friends have babies.

My SIL is still pregnant, expecting any day now...but officially due 2/10. She thinks she'll go early but I don't think so...I still think, as I did when we were first looking at her dates, that this baby will ba a February baby!

Jez, good luck to your friend. That sounds miserable.

Shae, that’s crazy about the instructor!

On the puking front... DH and I both got puked on quite a bit last night. Z has stomach flu it looks like. First she puked all over her crib, then on him, then on me while he was showering. We did many “costume changes” last night. Then DH slept in the living room so he could hear her if she puked again and kept the baby monitor with him so I could get a good night’s sleep. The man is a saint.

Apparently at daycare yesterday she did curl up in a little ball on the floor, poor baby. I’m glad DH was able to get there and pick her up right after they called since I had meetings all day at work.

I think coconut is a cuuute name for a cat, PL!

Lewis is circumcised, and I have to say that I prefer it... I just don’t like the look of foreskins but I know that that’s a personal preference, if we have a son I’m not sure which way we will go!

Kit I’m the same way, SO is circumcised and I’m not sure what I’d do if I have a son. I’ll definitely let SO make the final decision because he’s the one with a penis. He can always get circumsized later in life if he wants, can’t he? I might opt for that, not sure though.

PL no complaint that I know of, but some gave bad reviews.

I decided to write a new review for the previous instructor, because she seriously needs to be fired.

“I previously wrote a decent review out of fear. Deirdre told us that faculty are told who said what about them in reviews in order to make us afraid to write what we really think. She dropped us in patients rooms on the first day and told us to get them up and ready with no supervision or teaching. She did not teach us on the floor at all for weeks and then yelled at us when we inevitably did things wrong. She did not use positive reinforcement at all, only negative. She made at least 4/6 of us cry during the rotation. No matter what we did, it was always wrong to her. She wrote completely false things about me and my performance (not everything was false, some were valid, but many things were false or extremely twisted). The one time I dared to correct her on a small detail of my performance, she yelled at me for correcting her. After that I never corrected her again out of fear, making her think I was good at taking criticism, but really I was afraid she would fail me. She was often very unprofessional, including yelling at students in front of patients and making students cry on the floor. She made us feel like we were incompetent and we were the problem. Now that I’ve started my next clinical, I now realize that I’m perfectly competent, she was purposely making me feel inadequate. She never actually taught us on the floor, but simply occasionally watched and judged us, never giving tips or advice, just complaining about us later on. Eventually she stopped complaining about my performance and started complaining about the way I walk. Yes, she actually told me that the way I walk is wrong and makes me look incompetent. Many of us dreaded going to clinical. I had extreme anxiety prior to every clinical day due to her behavior. I even considered quitting the program because of her. I learned more in my first full clinical day of med/surg from my new instructor than I did all last semester from Deirdre. Deirdre is not a professional person and should not be an instructor for vulnerable first semester nursing students.
On the other hand, the student instructor, Jen, was amazing and kind. She will be a great instructor.”

actually shae that was something else that weighed into my decision on circumcisions; I didn't want to make a permanent body modification to my kids if later in life they wish it was the other way. You can't reverse it (well you can stretch the skin evidently but it is a very long and not necessarily effective process) but you can always do it later. I like the idea of leaving it up to them when they are old enough to decide for themselves.

Also, hubs is circumcised and we only did ds1 for that reason alone. I wish I had done my own research. The trauma from it for ds1 was not at all worth it and i feel so guilty. Hubby feels worse because he feels he made that choice (i left it up to him as the one with the penis). That said, ds1's snip wasn't done correctly, they didn't cut off enough and it was months of pain for him with how we had to deal with the skin (had to keep it from trying to heal/adhere to the head which requires pulling it off, and it would stick almost daily, and he screamed in pain every time) so i know my experience was a bit more traumatic than most.

Anyway.

Shae will you get any response from the modified review? Or is it anonymous?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->