General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Dobs, only 2 of the sister wives have ever held a marriage certificate.... It's all spiritual to them. For all the jealousy and miss understandings they go through, I don't think you need to envy them.
You still have lots of time to find Mr Right, maybe change gears on how to find him? I doubt st. Patricks day weekend where men all of a sudden think they can handle green beer better then normal beer any other weekend is a great start ;) just my two cents.

So the last 2 evenings E gets so cranky, nothing is pleasing him. DH got him to pass some gas which at least helps E fall asleep for a bit. Then we get these screams throughout the night and finally in the morning between 7 and 8 he has blow out proportions of poop. After that he feels better. Any advice on how to help him? Or is this just a phase of his digestive track changing?

Oh yeah phones definitely listen. Hubs was just telling me about it, i think it's actually called stalker ads or something.

Pl might actually be a sensitivity to something you ate...maybe make a note of foods and his reaction?

Gigs, nothing that I ate consecutively on both days and nothing new before either ... Maybe a lack of junk food as I have cut back a little bit?

If only that was true...

On a positive note; I'll finally have my chance for that mcflurry later this week! :)

Thinking of trying to go back to my natural hair color for less maintenance. Unfortunately I bought a new box of red dye 2 weeks ago to have ready for my next dye job and now I might not use it. I can be very impulsive so I’m gonna wait a bit and see what I think about the color thing. But any opinions are welcome lol.
I’d have to go to a salon and get it done cuz when I tried to do it myself over the summer it did not go well and I ended up with super brassy hair and just dyed it back to red cuz I figured if it wanted to be brassy I’d give it what it wanted lol. At this point I’d love to go to my natural color and then get balayage so it will be a bit blonder but grow out more naturally and not have to be re-dyed ever 2 months. At the same time I feel like the red gives me a bit of a playful spark and people comment on my hair all the time and think it’s natural.
Idk. Def wanna think about it for a few weeks. I know SO would be thrilled if I went back to my natural color lol. I asked my sister and she was like “it’s your hair I don’t have an opinion” and my dad said he likes both my natural color and the current red. So helpful :rofl:

Thanks everyone!

shae - Ya, I got to meet Dan Fogler and a few years back, I got to meet Jason Issacs. :) Can't really offer phone advice. I've been using BBs for years. I currently have a Priv. lol

PL - Ya, I wanna find out the gender. I already have another SneakPeek test, but I'm waiting til the 2nd tri to use it this time, even though I'm just far enough along to use it now. I'm thinking of doing it around the same time as my 2nd scan and then hopefully we'll have the results by the time we announce. That sucks about your water, but glad to hear you're healing well. And E's poop issue could just be a phase; the body working on regulating itself.

Gigs - After SO made the comment about the glowing eyes, I see some sinister, compressed owl. lol. And I'm just waiting to hear back from the Dr's office about the measurement. I called today and the receptionist said the report was in, but hadn't been viewed yet. It was quiet for a few seconds and then she goes "Ok, have a ni..." and I was like "well, can someone call me with the results?" and she said she'd leave a note saying that I wanted to be contacted. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth with medical staff. -.- Oh, and I think I've seen episodes of OBEM on YouTube.

CB - After having watched The Business of Being Born, I'd probably get really pissed watching OBEM. Seeing women being rushed along and misinformed and all that. lol

Dobby - Oh, no, SO wasn't there. He was at work and I didn't want him to take time off, or jinx it just by his presence. lol. Maybe at the anatomy scan though. And I feel you about the wedding without your dad there. As much as it sucks to not having anyone in your life to marry, it also sucks when you are with someone, but they don't wanna marry you. And you know I spent 2/3 of my first pregnancy worried SO would leave me, and 1/2 of it mourning the girl I wouldn't be having. And this time I'm hella worried about MC, plus I'm 26lbs up from the first time, so no cute baby bump for me. We all have our struggles, but at least we have each other. :hugs:

AFM, used the doppler again tonight, but no luck. Oh, and I have had a bit of diarrhea yesterday and this morning. If this is the only kind of morning "sickness" I have to deal with, that's fine with me. Just awaiting my first MW appt and my scan results.

Pretty when is your mw appointment?

Dobs do you ever talk to J? What is she up to these days?

PL, you'll appreciate this! When I was young we had a handful of au pairs, one of which was from Germany. Well he's coming to visit and he's bringing me some candy! I am excited about the chocolate but of everything, I am EXTREMELY excited about authentic Haribo Gold Bears!!! I haven't had them in years. We have them in the states but the original German ones taste sooooooooo much better. I can't wait to eat them!

Shae you can basically pull off any color. Ever thought of going dark? Like a chocolate brown? Of course you'd probably have to dye your eyebrows too...

Gigs I went a dark ashy brown when I was like 13. Did not work. I looked super washed out. 0/10 will not do again lol.

Okay so here’s me now, these pics were taken on the same day just in different lighting and one with makeup one without (surprisingly no editing or filters on either)

C0045AC3-4DF1-4C5F-912E-F7A1155F745C.jpeg

Here’s my natural color, though the bottom looks slightly reddish due to when I dyed my hair red 1.5 years before the pic was taken, but the top few inches of my head (basically above my ears) is my natural hair color, no red, more of an ashy dark blonde to light brown (probably more like light brown at this point). Any highlighting or gold tones in the below the ears hair are natural though, just not the red tones.

F4A5DE3E-AA36-473A-8563-1D4463FBBEE6.jpeg

And here’s some ideas I was thinking about for back to natural color and then balayage

93C7FFC1-9944-4E5A-9729-81063B193DFC.jpeg

Okay, so, opinions?

Pretty omg I would’ve died if I met them, how amazing! Glad you have an appt soon!

ETA
AFM I’ve been on my period for a week but it’s been like spotting, barely anything. But I had the giant temp drop so I knew it was my real period. But today after dinner I went to empty my menstrual cup and it was empty and I went to the bathroom and when I wiped it was bright red and there was blood all over my hand too and I checked and it was red blood all up in my hoo-ha. No pain though. Apparently this is normal with the IUD, according to my mom. This didn’t happen on the mirena. I am unamused. I have clinical in the morning.

Oh no no not jealous of them. Although I have poly friends who have waaaay healthier relationships than my monogamous friends. It’s not for me. It’s more the kids are getting married and having just the nice experience of planning and having a wedding. My mom never had that either despite being married twice.

And it’s so beyond age. Most decent guys by 30-40 are married. I’d have to find a divorcee or widower or guy who was just busy. Even if I did idk if I’m over my own issues. Then there’s the physical complications. The ex complications. It’s just a lot. I’m happy alone but I would have enjoyed a day all about me. That’s really what I want. It’s not the marriage or partner. I just want a day where everything is just about me and I get to be pretty.

Plus my lack of faith in the available man is not from the weekend. It’s from the last year of seeing what the world had to offer.

But yeah it was sad watching them take about how only Meri and Robyn ever had marriage licenses. Only because they were sad.

Pl I was gonna say what gigs said so no insight :(. Yay for McFlurry! What was your flavor of choice :p. It does sound a lot like when A suddenly couldn’t tolerate dairy. I had to change his formula and cut it out of my diet but not sure.

Dobs i swear they pop up randomly sometimes

Oh forgot to comment yay mcflurry!
I've been supplementing a huge part of my diet with mini eggs...i love them, they're seasonal so i feel compelled to keep my house stocked with them, and they're easy to grab a couple and go which is quite compatible with raising an infant. So not sure when i'll be able to kick this addiction but probably after easter when they're out of stock lol.

Mini eggs like Easter mini eggs? Or mini eggs like something small laid them lol I’m tired. No I don’t talk to J but I was on YT seeing if you made a duck video after you said they were laying and thought I’d pop by her channel.

Pretty yeah. I remember that :(. And I know what you mean in a way. M-f is hard but I know I am alone. Sat and Sun I get so angry because people are around but don’t help. I imagine it’s sinilar with having a committed partner who doesn’t pop the question. Has he ever said why? Like obviously he is in it for the long haul

Shae your face is so cute! You’d look good with any choice. Sorry about the inconvenient and annoying bleed :(

Dobs I’m pretty sure she means chocolate mini eggs :rofl: if I’m wrong I’m gonna be very confused and will need further explanation.
Thanks, I’m gonna be carded until I’m 40 I swear, I look like a fetus.

I think I’m gonna wait for my roots to grow out a bit more and see how I feel. So like, a few weeks.

Trust I had a baby face until I had A. I loooooved getting carded when none of my friends did. It stings when they stop carding you. Or worse when you have it ready and they go oh I don’t need to see that MA’AM I have pettily knocked a few percent off the tip for that lol

We been having wifi issues yet again the last couple days.. #eyeroll! I can get logged on after minutes of waiting & then it kicks me out arhhh!! Finally ‘Sky’ have sorted their issues out!

Dobs i bet not all good ones are 35-40 lol there’ll be a rough diamond amoungst them <3

Shae you are too cute hun! You look lovely with/without the make-up :) The ombré looking hair would really suit you!

Gigs omg Haribo golden bears <3 mmmmm!! (Insert Heart eye emoji) i love them!! Haribos on general are yum!

So its my birthday today, grand ol age of 38 eek! Riley rolls in the bedroom this morning & says happy birthday Mum, your nearly 40 lol thanks mate! Having some wine & a take away this eve, had some wine & Lush body lotion as gifts, il smell all sweet n biscuity lol

Cadbury Mini Eggs is the talk of town... Or my mcflurry which will be the seasonal Cadbury creme egg flavour. :haha:

I had neighbors asking me when I'd be graduating from highschool until my mid/late 20s... Now they know from my parents that I have 2 kids, so that should solve that mystery for them!

Gigs: woot on Haribo!! I have a little bit of family near one of the factory outlets in Germany, unfortunately they don't visit us often enough! And don't feel bad to ask your au pair to bring extra, milka and ritter sport chocolate (if those are your choices) as well as Haribo is so cheap over there ;)

I know I am forgetting stuff..

Unfortunately by the time I thought to ask for candy imports,he was already in the states :*(
I'm going to have to figure out how to get them shipped here...
I don't know if i've had those chocolates. The one I used to always look forward to was toblerone.

Cb Happy Birthday! Treat yourself to some Haribo too :haha:

Sorrry guys been reading along just finding it hard with time to post.

Haribo gummies are yummy!! I can actually find rittersport chocolate in the grocery store. The chocolate hazelnut is amazing!!

Pretty I'm so happy scan went well. Going to guess girl for you :) They definitely have room to move around until some point in 3rd tri it gets pretty cramped.

Dobby that's crazy about your St. Patrick's day weekend. Glad you both managed to avoid things getting worse. Unbelievable what some guys think they are entitled to. I still hold out hope you will find mr. Right one day. I can't relate about dad missing big life events but I feel that way with my brother. It's tough for me so I imagine it would be for you.

CB happy birthday dear!!! I still need to watch OBEM!! Maybe during middle of the night feeds.

Pacific I was thinking along lines of gigs some food sensitivity. Also I hope you enjoy your mcflurry!

Shae I can't decide. I will say I'm lazy and cheap and typically just let the dye fade out but I typically only dye mine auburn which fades quickly.

Gigs we had a bunch of girl scout cookies. We finished those so one less temptation. I did buy some ben and jerry pint slices though:haha: the tonight dough is my fav! Last week dairy queen had buy one blizzard get one for 99 cents. Needless to say, I had a blizzard like 3 times last week :blush:

AFM S weighed 5lb 15.5oz at her appt Tuesday. So gaining normal amount but low side of normal. DH had surgery yesterday. He's sore but thankfully no stent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AngelMom1012
    Back
    monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
    <-- Admiral -->