General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gigs and pacific I'm curious to see if they look similar when older.

Pacific that would be hillarious:) and DH plans to go back 1st or 2nd week of April. I'll be having one of our parents helping some the first 3 weeks of April though.

Flueky, my DH has has 3 brothers. While you can tell they are all related in their looks, they all look so different just in statue alone!

Flueky - They're definitely sisters. :) And, for the life of me, I thought V was for Violet. Maybe I got the name mixed up with someone else's LO from our June/July 2017 group. Oops.

All these sibling pics remind me of my mom telling me that she was so interested to see what my younger sister would look like and how different we'd be as babies, but she said we looked the same and she felt a little cheated. lol. I have no idea what she's taking about though. We definitely had some different features even as young babies, including the shape of our heads.

So, after calling one more time, my Dr's office finally got back to me about the scan results. They said everything looks normal and I was measuring 9w0d and my EDD is October 20. The thing is, based on my LMP (which gave me an EDD of Oct 20), I should have been measuring 9w1d. So, I half-ass tried to explain that to the women on the phone and she's like "This is just what the Dr told me". Uh, ok, whatever. I guess a day doesn't make much difference either way. I didn't ask about the bpms, but maybe the MW can confirm it was 180 at my appt on Monday.

Now, just gotta wait another 4 weeks to start telling people, but kinda dreading telling my mom. She already thinks SO is being disrespectful to me by us not living together or being married or even putting any effort into finding a bigger place. And earlier this week, she asked if he'd contributed at all to Alex's registered education saving plan and he hasn't, but he has mortgage and car and insurance payments and I don't, so I'm not super bothered by that, but she is. It feels like things are just gonna be tense for a while. Good thing I already deleted his number from her phone, so she can't message him.

Why is your mom so up in your business? I say just do you. Skaters gonna skate.

Actually if I recall Green's twins didn't look alike as babies. They sure do now!

My ds1 looks different, too. He straight up looked Asian as a baby. Now you can tell the boys are related I think but they don't look as similar as ds2 & ds3. Genetics! They're crazy, man.

Last edited:
Lol yeah genetics are cool. That’s why my bro wants everyone to do a dna test to see how he compares. The twins have always been recognizable though vastly different

Pretty she’s just concerned. When I have annoying in your face parents of students, I take a moment to remember they are only in my face or on the defensive because they love and are protecting their child. BUT I don’t know her. She could be a s* starter. But since the first one is better i am going with that one. If we were related at all, I’d real talk you, too. You deserve better, your kids deserve better, and he’s the example your kids will learn from. If you’re having a girl now, is this a type of relationship you want for her? For your son, would you be ok with him treating the mother of his children like this? Sorry to give my unsolicited two cents. But I just spent the night consoling my friend because this guy ghosted her after I told her he was a tool. So I’m still in overprotective mode

Afm sorry I’m gone a lot. I pop in to read but just busy. Saw captain marvel. Was not worth $40 or getting 5 hours of sleep. But definitely needed to be seen before end game .

Pacific I'm wondering if V is going to be taller than S at their final height. V wasn't much smaller than S even though she was 5 weeks early. Just have to wait and see.

Pretty was it gagrlinpitt that named her girl Violet? Oh and no problem on the mix up. It's easy to do. Maybe your mom only focused on the similarities. My brother and I looked very similar but we still had some unique features. Also, sorry your mom is all in your business, but probably concerned for you as you're her baby. Happy you finally got your results. As for edd, my office goes by lmp unless it's off more than a couple days. For instance mine was March 9th by lmp, but march 12th by O date. However on ultrasound I was only showing 2 days "behind" lmp dating so they used lmp. My date was off a whole week with V so they changed from June 30 (lmp) to July 6th (O date/scan measurements). A day is really nothing to worry about though :)

Gigs wow D doesn't look like L and M as newborns. My oldest nephew also looked Asian as a NB :haha:

Dobby ah I want to see Captain Marvel because we plan to see End game. It's too early to leave a NB though :(

AFM DH didn't have any hiccups yesterday. He just said he felt sore all over. He's left to go to a gun show and didn't have time to talk as I slept in. He seemed like he felt alright.

Dobby - That's too bad about Capt Marvel. I'd heard some pretty good reviews, but ya, it'd probably be best to see it before End Game.

Flueky - Can you just take S with you? I took Alex to Thor: Ragnarok and I just BF'd him til he fell asleep and then again when he woke up near the end. If he'd been crying a lot, I'd have left the theatre, but he was luckily pretty chill. And glad to hear your DH is feeling ok enough to be out and about.

As for my mom, she's not a shit disturber. Just old school and moderately opinionated. I do get where she's coming from and cuz I still live at home, she sees more than a mom in a normal situation would see. I definitely plan on drilling into my kids the importance of respecting their partners and being responsible adults. I guess at this point, there's less of a chance that SO will leave, but he still didn't really ask for any of this and I don't wanna be a super nag. We're supposed to be going to a fam jam for his mom's side today, so hopefully we can talk to his cousin (who's a mother of 4 and currently house hunting) about things to consider when looking for a place and she'll spark something in him to get going on this.

I think all moms are like that. Not just because you live at home. I haven’t lived at home for 12 years (I was out as soon as I went to college), but my mom still moms me lol. Hopefully his cousin will kick him into gear. I know you said before you are on super good terms with his family, so that’s always helpful when they like you.

I mean it wasn’t bad. But it wasn’t amazing. I went up to go to the bathroom (which I never do) and got back and my friend said I missed nothing. She also got up and came back and it was like nope you missed nothing. And movies shouldn’t be like that lol.

Fluek that is tough. I usually wait until things are on Netflix or prime or cave and pay for it on demand, but with EG coming out on my last day of spring break. I’m dropping A off and going for a matinee showing if the tickets ever go on sale!!! So I had to know now. Thankfully my mom watched him. And by watched I put him to sleep and he slept lol. Got home right for his first wake up of the night. I see people bring kids. It’s not my jam. If I’m paying $10-25 for a movie, I need to be relaxed. I didn’t watch a single movie the first like year that A was born after seeing movies every other weekend.

Loving all the sibling pics btw!

Oh and A had a speech eval but didn’t qualify for speech therapy which is fine by me this kid has a billion appointments. Did I mention they took like ten vials of blood the other day? Ffs and he has my bad veins so that was a s* show

Oh but like I told my bff you have to take all my tough love with a grain of salt because I’m cynical lol

Omg A’s daycare just called. They have mold!!!! We have to go to another site while they treat it!!! A is gonna lose his s*. It’s still on the way to work (I’ll just take the highway instead of the expressway), most kids are going too, and his favorite teacher is going. But fffff when I moved the furniture this kid didn’t sleep for a week. Fffffffffff :cry:but I get free tuition for two weeks

Wow Dobs! Could this be the answer as to why he gets sick a lot??? Maybe a mold thing?

Sadly no. He actually hasn’t been that sick this year and even escaped some major illnesses the other kids had. I think the mold is new. It’s mostly on the outer walls anyway but the daycare wants to squash it. I’m just glad there are three centers in my town, all conveniently located for me lol. I just legit freaked out when I saw them calling on a Saturday thinking omg am I so sleep deprived that it’s actually Friday and I didn’t go to work?! :rofl:

Lol! That'd probably be my thought too.

Myles just slept his longest stretch since we were in the hospital! 6 whole hours! He did fuss & stir a little but quickly fell back asleep. I'm sure this is a one-off night but i'd be thrilled if this becomes a regular thing...

Pretty I don't feel comfortable taking her to a theater yet. V hated loud environments and while it's no guarantee S will be the same, I'd just prefer to wait. DH only made one mistake, carrying V around aka no stroller. Happy 10 weeks!!

Dobby I think the first movie I went to after having V was infinity war so almost a year. It was really nice going again. Oh poor A. That is quite a bit of blood. I suppose that's good that he doesn't need speech therapy. Sucks about the mold but yay for free 2 weeks!! I hope the different location doesn't bother him too much.

Gigs hope that's going to be the new normal for you. Those bigger stretches of sleep overnight are sooooo wonderful. S has been giving me 4 hour stretches overnight, better than the 2 hr ones in the beginning.

Pretty I’m so glad the ultrasound was normal! I noticed you put a ticker up, yay!! I understand why your mom is upset about it but it is your relationship not hers. If you’re okay with it, she needs to chill. Just remember to be fair to yourself, you deserve to have the relationship you want. If you have that, great! If not, don’t be afraid to speak up. You should never be afraid to tell your SO how you feel.

Dobs yikes on the mold. I saw captain marvel. I thought it was good, but it wasn’t amazing. I definitely wouldn’t have paid $40 to go see it, SO had free movie tickets, but I’m glad I did go see it. SO thought it was too much “girl power”, I told him to go f himself :rofl:

Gigs wow he did look Asian haha, I’ve seen white babies look Asian before so I guess it’s not super uncommon. I looked very white with my barely there strawberry blonde hair. Anyway, all of them were so adorable!

Flueks adorable pics of V and S!

So sorry to everyone I missed, I’m a bit of a wreck lately. I’ve been exhausted all week (missed most of my classes) and waking up nauseous some days (including today). I also got a 79.24 on my nursing exam this week which is super frustrating because if you get under an 80 you have to go to a review session and I was so frickin close and I’d never gotten under an 80 before. I only told my sister, I’m not telling my parents cuz they’ll freak, my mom freaked when I got an 81 on the first exam. Luckily I got that 92 on the second, so this only brings my overall grade down to an 85. So it’s fine, I’m really just annoyed about the review session.

Gigs fxed this is a new sleep trend! I remember how refreshing those six hour stretches were! Blissful

Flueks yeah they ran a bunch of routine level checks but it was the gen lab that wanted a billion. I’m really curious to see those results though because she said it can give me likelihood’s for children with the same dad and different dad in case I ever have another child. Hopefully you get a movie night or just a night for you soon

Shae lol it is very girl power. And Brie Larson is a huge no f* given who she pisses off feminist. I love CM origin story but it was just so slow. Almost boring compared to other avengers movies. I was really disappointed. She has this great backstory and is the single most powerful character in the MCU. I just expected more.

That’s such a high standard! Wow! I guess it’s nice the school is so proactive but yikes. To have to go over a fraction of a point/percent. Hugs that is annoying for sure

Awww comparison bambino piccys <3 love em :hugs: i only have 1 comparison pic of Riley & Nuala, all 3 of them look alike as babies

Been abit run down the last few days, stuffy nose, hot but cold shivers but feeling lots better today, kids have been abit snotty etc so its all probs from them. I been reading but no energy to reply.. SO took older 2 swimming today whilst i watched from the window & fed Hayden, was quite chilled out really :)

Dobs yeah it’s definitely very “girl power”, I just didn’t think it was “too girl power” like SO did. I quite liked the girl power aspect and didn’t find it to be too much. I’m a feminist (like, dictionary definition, not a misandrist) and I kinda don’t give a f*** who I piss off by believing in equality either, so cool with me if she’s that way, as long as she’s an actual feminist and not one of the misandrists calling themselves feminists. I could say a lot on that topic but I don’t want to go on a rampage lol. I agree that the movie was slow and kinda boring at times. It also seemed a little disorganized. I expected something more fast paced and with more depth. That said, I enjoyed watching it. It was a nice feel-good movie for me.
Re: school, the reason they require the review if you score under an 80 is because you have to get an 80 in the class to pass, so an exam grade under an 80 is considered a failing grade, basically. I think it’s unnecesary if your overall grade is above an 80 but it’s being proactive like you said. You do also have to meet with your instructor if your overall grade falls below an 80. They have to have a strict cutoff because otherwise people would be like “I only failed by this much” and stretch it super far down to like 78, 77, etc. and then when do you stop making allowances? I’m sure you understand exactly what I mean since you’re a teacher, I can’t see you making many allowances lol, I definitely see you as a strict limit setter kind of teacher (not in a negative way). Anyway, I scheduled my review for tomorrow after lunch, I wanna get it over with. The reviews are only 30 minutes and they’re only 4 students at a time. Not sure exactly what to expect, hopefully it’ll go well.

CB oh no, I’m sorry you’re sick! That sounds miserable. So glad the older kids got to go swimming, though!

AFM I dyed my hair with dark ash blonde color straight on top of my red hair today (slightly impulsively). The top still has some red tones in it but it’s not like orange or anything. I’m gonna get some blue shampoo to help neutralize it. It’s hard to find blue shampoo in stores, they seem to just have purple shampoo for bleach blondes. Anyway, it’s pretty close to my natural hair color so hopefully my roots will be barely noticeable when they grow out. If I can get the red tones out with the blue shampoo it’ll make it less noticeable cuz there’s still a tone difference between my roots that were growing out and where the red started. I’ll have to see how the hair color stays or fades or whatever, hopefully I’ll just be able to let my hair grow out naturally from here but it might need one more dye job on top after a month or so. Then I’d love to get balayage but that costs much more money than my usual box dye so we’ll see.
My initial reaction when my hair dried was that I missed the red and wanted it back immediately. I really think red hair gives me a bit of a visual spark. But I can take time to get used to a new hair color, so I’m giving myself some time. I’m already starting to warm up to it a little. When I look in the mirror it really reminds me of me, like it’s my natural way of being. Too bad my hair couldn’t be naturally red lol, cuz it definitely suits me. But I want to be able to not dye my hair all the time, I wanna just let it grow out and be natural. I’m fine with throwing a balayage on top cuz that’s lower maintenance than dyeing it or getting regular highlights. They can do it so it grows out looking more natural. Anyway, I need to stop typing and just hit post.

Okay so here’s the before and after. Ignore my face in the before, it wasn’t taken with the purpose of being a before picture, but it was taken Thursday morning so it’s my most recent pic of my hair before I dyed it. Also please ignore the horrendous cold sore and split lip in the after photo, I’m clearly stressed and dehydrated lol
EBC6F151-74D1-47F2-A2ED-923839E09D1C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->