General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Cb i hope your illness passes quickly. I also hope you can get a "proper mom break" soon!

Shae i agree that i like the red but the blonde isn't bad. I really think you could pull off about any color, except maybe jet black or platinum blonde.

Me too girls, SO is now feeling the wrath of the illness aswell, i just have the scratchy throat feeling today but he is pooped.. but tbh i think men in general dont handle illness as good as us lol! Hes in bed most of today.. wish i could be bedridden & waited on when im ill #eyeroll!

Shae your hair looks lovely, i seconds Gigs, you can def pull off both colours & you have a lovely young fresh cute face to go with :)

Gigs did Myles do another 6hr stretch last night? How u finding the school run with the extra bod in the mornings? Mines getting easier, so glad the summer be here soon, i need sunshine & warmth mmmmm

Gigs yeah jet black would make me look like a ghost haha, and platinum blonde would probably make me look... idek but not good. There’s a lot more red tones left than that picture shows, gotta get those out. I ordered blue shampoo last night, it’s supposed to arrive on Wednesday but I’ll have clinical until after the mailroom closes, so I’ll be getting it on Thursday. We’ll see if it works to remove some of the orange. If not, I’ll have to either strip it and dye over it (high risk of the awful orangey blonde I had over the summer), just dye over it again and hope for the best, or go to a salon to fix it (agh money). So we’ll see. It’s okay if there’s a little warmth in my hair, I just wanna reduce it so it’s not still reddish.

CB thank you! Sorry SO is sick now :(

Gigs, I totally had a dream about you last night. I dreamt you had Myles at our kids daycare. But because you could not remember when he was conceived, we were told by 911 that a 6 week gestation baby had no chance to survive. Somehow they just figured you were 6 weeks along and told us to put it into a paper bag until you could make it to the er. Paper bag because he might make it in there. However when we looked at baby, we knew it was a term baby, small, but term... So we put him in the paper bag anyway, and waited for your parents to arrive to take you two to the ER. I gave them Ls car seat even though I was going to pick up your kids from the daycare at the end of the day with mine. :haha: so now I had no car seats for the rest of the kids...
Yeah my dreams make no sense... I just find it funny that I had a dream where I even called you "gigs"

Shae, I like your hair either way. Black hair I think is a bit harder to pull off, it tends to fade a lot of skin types. I think black hair would make me appear ghostly ;)

Afm, we spent this weekend away. Made our first 5 hour trip down island where my parents and mil reside. E did well on his first road trip, slept for the most part. DH was busy with work stuff nor did he make it any sort of priority to see his mom so guess who didn't even know we were in town! Lol
I made one mistake with packing: I let DH pack for the kids. He packed 1 change of clothes per kid... Imagine how sufficient that was.....:haha:

Shae i think Platinum hair or the whitey toned hair would actually quite suite you esp with your fair rosey complexion:)

Omg Pacific your dream, gigs baby in a paper bag :haha:

I had a dream about J once that we were going out to get drunk but it was before i had seen pics of her so it was her but not her lol

PL that’s a crazy dream, wow! Love the paper bag as an incubator for preterm babies :rofl:
I agree re: black hair. I think it’s usually best on people with darker skin tones and people with natural dark brown-black hair. People like Zooey Deschanel or Katy Perry, with winter coloring.
Sorry about time insufficient packing, glad E did well in the car though!

CB idk I wouldn’t try platinum blonde on me. It would match me better than someone with insanely warm peachy skin I suppose, but I tend toward the neutral side rather than insanely cool/pink. When I dye my hair red I basically become a soft autumn (I look good in deep red etc), and when it’s ashy I’m a soft summer who looks washed out by red and dark colors (like the shirt I was wearing in the after pic of my hair). I’d say I lean cool, my face seems pink, but the rest of my body looks yellow in comparison so idk if that’s my natural coloring or some skin thing or idek. My face is cool and my body is warm :rofl: I feel like with my natural hair color (ashy dark blonde) I just kinda blend in, like my coloring is very muted and soft. With the red hair I’m much brighter, though still soft, and I feel like it gives me a visual spark. At the same time, with the ash blonde, I look in the mirror and I look like me, if that makes sense? Like, natural me. I’m gonna give the ash blonde a few weeks for me to adjust to the change. So in a few weeks I’ll either be happy with my hair color or dyeing it back to red lol. People always thought the red was my natural color, I feel like it just works for me. It’s like I was meant to be born with red hair but God laughed and said “give her ash”.

Anyway, so funny about the J dream. I don’t think I’ve ever had a dream about anyone on here but if I did I probably shared it on here so someone else would remind me lol

Ol I love when I make appearances in peoples' dreams! Thank you for sharing. How kind of you to take care od my kiddos while I dealt with my paper bag baby.

Shae what exactly is the goal of blue shampoo?

I feel very busy recently but also don't feel like I've accomplished anything at all.

Myles has not done his 6 hoir stretch again but he did pull a fiver last night...but then was pretty wrestless the rest of the night. I am slowly transitioning him to be put back to sleep in his cosleeper at night but i'm failing because it's easy to let him sleep on me and since he's likely my last kid I am enjoying the snuggles.

Also I had the single most disgusting diaper change if my mom career. It was Lev's...the thing was literally dripping poop out the sides and was topped off with some undigested craisens. One of those emergency bath situations.

Is Blue shampoo the same as using blue/purple tone shampoo? I use it to eliminate the brassy yellow tones from my blonde..

Omg sounds like Lev did a poonami lol they are gagfest arent they?!! 5 hrs is fab! Get in!!

Haydens been waking at 4:20 past couple of nights urhhh im blaming growth perhaps :-/

Blue shampoo is like purple shampoo, it’s just meant for neutralizing orange tones whereas purple shampoo is meant for neutralizing yellow tones.

Gigs yikes sorry about the blowout

CB sorry about the early mornings

Lol, I am only familiar with blue shampoo for white dogs to get their coats "whiter". Learn something new every day.

Gigs, eew! While visiting my parents this weekend, L had a similar poo-nami... Undigested grape skins in there and the poop ran down the back of his knees. Thankfully I was in the backyard with the dog for a few minutes so only heard about it after :haha:
As for baby sleeping with you, I am a huge supporter of co-sleeping. I usually sleep on my side, babys head at boob level (so away from my pillow) so when he cries neither one of us have to move for a feed ;) and my blanket doesn't come up higher then just over the hips. My mommy instinct kicks in and I don't even turn in my sleep. So the bad side of this is, that I am getting permanent muscle soreness in pressure spots such as my hip. But our sleep is pretty good and the last week I just wake up enough to guide a nipple into his mouth.

Cb, sorry about the early mornings. Hope it's short lived for you both!

Ok my Canadian doppelgänger, let us not have parallels in our children's diapers anymore, deal?

I'm actually sleeping about the same, except I prop my arms up with pillows and use my arms as bumpers from the rest of the bed. He generally sleeps in the crook of my arm if not on my chest, and while we sleep well, I too wake up stiff as a twig.

Cb nooooooo early mornings blah. I hope that doesn't go on long!

I'll make that deal any day gigs! :haha: In other news: potty training is going miserable...it may just have to wait until it warms up and we can sent the boy outside without pans.

With Des, we tried when he was 2.5-3 years and he did not get it. We quit and tried again a half a year later or so and it was much better!

Gigs, I have let DH spearhead the operation so far. DH has made two attempts on Saturday mornings so far: no diaper, no pants if it has been warm enough in the house. When L has gone through 3 pairs of pants and a pee spot on the couch DH gives up and just puts a diaper back on him then proclaims "maybe L just isn't ready yet". Hmm well, maybe when he asks L "do you have to pee?" And he answers no, take him anyway?? Just my thoughts..

Sorry my rant, DH has frustrated me on something else today.. need to blow steam!

What else did he do?
Yes definitely worth trying the potty even if L says he doesn't gave to go. Also it may help if hubby shows him. But admittedly our best success was outdoor peeing and giving Des things to aim for. He used to love peeing on patches of crab grass :haha:

Been up for an hour...it's 1am. I'm losing the sleep in your own bed battle. Regretting not letting him just sleep on me am hour ago.

Also my milk supply is dwindling :( i'm not sure how much longer i'll be able to do night feeds with him...

Last edited:
Gigs, the less Myles is on the boob, the more your supply will dwindle. Supply and demand, but I am sure after 3 kids you know that. ;) 11 pm here and I just moved us to the bed, somewhat successfully for being on my own tonight, doing my own bedtime routine, checking on L (how did he manage to get his legs into the duvet cover like a sleepsack?), turning lights off, diaper change and feeding baby E. Yeah.. I used my boobs to make baby fall asleep again ;) use them while it works.

Hubby has gone back to being a poor communicator which is frustrating to me. I basically know when he's home when he IS at home and apart from that I have no idea of his work schedule. I have definitely voiced my concerns before, praised him when he got better and now he's gone back to his old ways.
Last week he decided to take a day at home during the week. He took E while I had the dog out for his pee, E fell asleep on him. So the next 30 minutes I am rushing around the house trying to get lots of stuff done thinking he'll pass off baby any minute now. When I had accomplished most I asked when are you leaving, he finally told me he was taking a day at home to make up for some weekends he worked. Ffs, I could have enjoyed a loong shower, then had time to clean up at a good pace because when E falls asleep good, he's out for long stretches. Now with half an hour gone, I didnt feel like rushing through my shower too...first world problems, I know!

PL sorry about the potty training struggles and lack of communication from your DH. Poor communication drives me nuts, I really feel for you.

Gigs sorry about the milk supply :( how old is Myles now?

He's...9 weeks and change i think?

Pl that woukd drive me crazy. Is it a newborn stage thing? I've felt crazy distant from hubby recently but i know it comes with babies and it'll get better when baby sleeps better.

Lack of intimacy doesn't help with that feeling :(
Do you mean the nursing baby to sleep? I remember doing that with L probably until we starting putting him into his crib for daytime naps. So quite a while ;)

My midwife is coming by for the last time tomorrow..:( how is E already turning 6 weeks old this Saturday??

Also, I also weighed L on the weekend, he brings 31 lbs to the scale!

Pacific pp is such a rough period. Definitely had some tension between us. I think the lack of intimacy is a big factor. I need to weigh V, she was 28lbs at 18 months. In her defense she was very close to 3 ft tall. She is close if not as tall now as her 3 y.o. cousin.

Gigs sorry your supply is declining. If you're able lots of skin to skin and having him try to BF.

Shae i like your "new" old hair color. Now I want to dye mine

CB you feeling better? Hope SO is better today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->