General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I’m actually so bleurgh I’m reading posts but not retaining the information.

I’m 8DPO now to whoever asked. I called the GP surgery today and I’ve been prescribed codeine on top of the paracetamol because it is the safest option. It is only problematic if used in third trimester. It will be another few hours before I can get transport to the pharmacy but at least I won’t be in near as much pain.

I have to put my dog in to kennels because I’m finding it so difficult to mobilise and she’s a big dog and we are in an apartment. She loves the place I take her to and they really like her too so I know she will have an amazing time.

Well looks like "pregnancy-like" symptoms were actually af symptoms. She got me. Just shy of 10 weeks postpartum -.-
I am unamused...although it beats being pregnant!!!

Awe gigs! That sucks about af getting you this early! Almost like you got cheated out of your second break from it...

Since you are somewhat in the same shoes as us: have you and hubby discussed contraception? We did last night and I think we'll do condoms for the first year, possibly pills for me after. Vasectomy seems like a simple solution, but it seems so permanent. We are 95% sure we are done, but that little bit of doubt has that off the table for a few years. I am turning 31 this summer, so still have what: 10-15 years of potential baby making...??

Speaking of baby making; we dtd this morning... Umm ouch! DH claimed there was enough "natural lubricant" but the tear areas definitely felt like road rash. Tmi alert: I was on top to control angles but that didn't really seem to help.. I guess that's a con for vbac
However I am willing to try again with lube if I can convince hubby is another question. He does not want to inflict any pain..

Gigs, Omg Lev bit Myles’ toe? Poor lil dude! Did he bite it bad or just a nik? When Nuala was born Riley bit her nose, she proper screamed & Riley was 4yrs old! I think he was just seeing what reaction he’d get tbh.. Sorry your period arrived, i had 1 period pp when bf’ing Riley, does t mean it’ll be a regular thing & may only be a light one for couple days or so hun, fx for that :thumbup:

Pacific, wow that Haemorrhoid cream sounds awesome - how often did you use it?? I need some!! All the ones I tried they ease the pain but not shrink them really.. Dtd will get easier, plus its only been what 7-8wks since birth.. we tried at 7wks & i couldnt get it in lol still uncomfy now but once im going im all good ;) lotsa lube lotsa lotsa!

Needs, when are u planning on testing? Ouchy about your toe, toe injurys are evil, bug hugs! Hope the pain sudsides quickly for you.

Dobs, big hugs hun.. i agree with Pacific, dont look at it as drugging, see it as helping A to get a sleep pattern & it will help you both :hugs: SO’s niece was awful sleeper esp at a very young age like 1-2yrs, his Bro & wife they used something called ‘Medicet’ which is to help sleep & mild sedative, she literally would not sleep at all, once she got routine with it her body naturally started its own snooze routine, def do the sippy cup thing in the cot so if he wakes he can gave a drink at night, is there any reason why he wakes? Comfort, night terrors? Tv & other media stuff i dont think has any effect on the not sleeping like you say.. will he fall asleep with the tv on though? Maybe a mini kids tv/tablet/pad by his cot or a kiddy tv nursery type thing that he can watch & listen to subconsciously & may aid his sleep?

The new pain meds the GP gave me are helping a lot. My dog is gone to kennels so the only time I need to move is when I need to pee or to get food.

My test date is 4th April. I’ve been doing cheapies but they are BFN. I really doubt I am pregnant but I don’t want to risk it by taking something potentially harmful. Also, because I’ve various physical conditions I can’t take most things. My only options are codeine and paracetamol.

Feeling awful about being out of work because it does create more work for others as I’m not replaced and I’m the most senior person in my office so I’m actually needed plus I’ve lotw of commitments. I’m hoping I can be able to work next week but even so I’m still limited as I have a commute and can’t drive. Part of my job can be done remotely but the important parts can’t be.

Im glad the pain meds are helping Needs.. def try & rest up :) So will you test when period us late or will it be due around the 4th? 8dpo is mega early so def dont count ye self out yet :)

Weather is warming up here aswell so i think il take kiddies to the park today for a run around.

I started taking my AntiB’s few days ago, it can make breastmilk taste abit bitter it seems, Haydens def noticing it, hope it doesn’t affect my supply as hes been feeding not brilliantly hmmm, i only have 2 more days left :-/

Gigs, I totally missed that: Lev bit Myles? It's funny but not ;)hope it wasn't too bad!

Cb, I used traumeel cream. Maybe a handful of times? And this bugger was bleeding, itching and dreadfully painful during bowl movements. Haven't had any issues the last 2 weeks with it. We have used traumeel for other pains before, bruises, arthritis, sprains, muscle pain, etc that's what I know it from..

More later, this post already took me 24 hours to finish :haha:

Lol! I must say that i do love that BnB keeps the saved replies until you log back in & we can finish them ;)

Thanks Pacific, I googled it, didnt say anything about Haemorroids but did say its great for the things u mentioned & swellings. I think its a Homeopathic remedy.. i may l have to get on Amazon! Mine is t bleeding but abit painful still when having a bowel movement, its an external one aswell, think im gonna try it :thumbup:

Kids been driving me nuts today ahhhh!!! I need Wine

Ouch! Sounds horrendous guys!

I know it’s super early hence why I’m only using cheapies for now.... I just can’t stop myself :lol: I’m due my period on the 4th but sometimes I get it a day early.

I got shopping delivered this evening since I can’t get out. Just a few minutes ago I poured myself a soft drink with ice. I third had a brief notion and without thinking I picked up some vodka and poured it in. It was only when I was sitting back down and taking a few swigs when I realised I shouldn’t be drinking! ](*,)](*,)

Im guessing the Voddy doesn’t mix well with the meds.. i cant drink with my AntiB’s atm, i feel like i have no will power yet I managed 8/9 months pg without it lol

It probably wouldn’t! Plus I’ve had a huge increase today in creamy cm. there’s lots when I wipe. That would be very unusual for me to have any kind of cm that I get multiple wipes in a day ever since I started having thyroid problems.

Cb, that's right. Traumeel is not for hemorrhoids. However it's homeopathic so I felt like I could use it. Worst case it would not do anything at all. We have found it so effective when used as intended, we don't buy anything else for pain.
My midwife felt the same when I told her... and if it doesn't do anything for yours, at least you'll have a decent cream for your next bruise, soreness or similar. ;)

Definitely would not mix alcohol with drugs...bad idea.
Did I tell you that I had sparkly wine last weekend? Just a few sips, but definitely more alcohol then I had with L and his bfing time. :haha:

I hope you enjoyed it!

I was so so sad pouring alcohol down the sink. I feel like I was offending my culture by wasting it :lol:

Omg.... the amount of cm I’m getting right now! It’s a huge amount. I’ve an under active thyroid so I’m fairly dry down there typically. It’s so weird seeing all this cm when I wipe. I’m only 10DPO and nothing picking up on the cheapies yet. Given how dry I am and that we are not full blown TTC (we are NTNP) I was full sure I wouldn’t get lucky. My assumption would have been we would have had to go down the route of preseed and me going on an incredibly healthy diet to get pregnant but right now I’m thinking it may have happened. :shock:

Needa go luck to you! Your symproms sound promising. If yoi aren't pregnant will you full on start ttc?

I'll have to look into that cream pl. it sounds like a miracle drug. Can it be used internally? Would it help your lady bits pain, either during or following sex?

Yeah I'm in the same boat...fairly certain we're done doing the kid thing but the possibility I'll change my mind has me second guessing permanent bc. Since I have annoyingly long periods I was considering a partial hysterectomy once we are ready to close the baby making shop. In the meantime will just be doing what we've been doing for years, which is pull out until a couple days after ovulation. Just gotta make sure hubby follows the pull out rulls ;) but since we're not keen on more kids i'm sure he'll be back to being ultra careful. With the "scare" that started this threadd, we were on the fence about #2 and had a "if it happens it happens" approach to sex.

Ugh yes the toe biting was full on scream inducing. He was ok, no mark left but not cool! Probably one of those stories i'll laugh at later.

Pl--on a complete side note I may be picking up some Sebastopol eggs tomorrow :dance: there is a woman about an hour away who has a few and is just giving them away. My goose is broody...she is a fantastic sitter but so far she or the other birds have killed the hatchlings. This year we're going to isolate her nest and her and hope she has her first fully successful hatch. Fingers tightly crossed!

We will probably continue to NTNP as our work means we are often apart during ovulation period. I think if we were full on trying that would make life very stressful.

Still BFN today but lots of cm still there.

I’m sure the bite will be funny in years to come. It will probably be one of those sibling things that will continue you TIL old age. “You owe me coz you bit me when I was a baby.”

Needa glad the pain med is making a difference.

Gigs I agree it's hard to make such a permanent decision. You start thinking what if you changed your mind. Sucks AF got you already but agree it's better than being pregnant right now.

Pacific glad it healed the hemmrhoids!! Also DH better use lube or he won't get any once I'm ready.

CB hope your supply hasn't been affected by the antibiotics. Also I was drooling thinking about a glass of wine yesterday.

Flueks im still drooling now thinking of Wine il be drinking this Weds hahaa! Hayden was having a good ol feed at 4:10am today so i think my supply is ok for now but makes me sad that if it happens il have to start fully bottling him :-/

Needs are you temp tracking your cycles? Just wondering if you were def 10dpo or roughly guessing when ov’ing was.. but if you period doesn’t arrive until around the 3/4th testing may be too early still :) actively ttc is stressful so ntnp is a good relaxed way of doing it!

I know we def not having anymore & SO is not up for it at all & given that i have no tubes now it would be IVF if we want anymore, unless i get randomly pg which means SO’s swimmers would be flying Lol! In never thought i would actually want anymore but i am having the brood/pg pangs.. couple of friends of mine have just had their first babies & FB announced, i feel sad that im now done & there on bub no1 but hey ho. Probs the whole thing of ttc & that nb stage of going into hospital when they are brand spanking new..

Not temping because I’m really sleepy in the morning and unreliable for remembering. I’m lucky I manage to make it out to work half the time :lol:

I know it’s still too early to test, I just can’t help poas. I’ve got issues. Using the cheapies until testing day to at least keep my need to test at bay.

Aw wow... I never thought about what it would be like after I have babies and I’m done what it would be like to see announcements. I’m still stuck in the “why not me” phase when I see announcements. Of course I manage to be happy for people but I’m getting older and worried that time is more and more against me.

Guess I am different in the baby making department at the moment; I am glad to have "passed on the torch" to someone else. Sil is expecting and I am looking forward to their baby: hopeful we'll get to snuggle and help during our visits but then get to give it back. I sound like a grandparent :haha:

Gigs: that's exciting about the eggs! You could not find free goose eggs here, especially sebastols! Lucky you!! I miss my geese.. I keep thinking of getting geese from metzer again when we buy property... DH doesnt know that yet, on the other hand he is right: wed need someone to care for them when we travel.
Even with the import and flight costs, it's cheaper then finding gooslings in Canada!

Traumeel cream I would not use internal, however they also have pills that are just as effective in my experience.

My younger sister & her hubby will also be ttc later this year, it would be sooner but they’re off to India for 2 wks in October & i know she wouldn’t want to be pregnant when she goes.. although me & my older sister are eager for her to get pg now lol!

Its Mothers day here in the UK today.. pretty bummer day really, SO has been hanging all day & so hes slept all day pretty much & ive done everything as usual :( he apologised but im too pissed to even care really. Ive just been doing my normal domestic stuff & off to bed shortly as I’m done in from Hayden waking twice last night, rant over

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->