• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Capt America was at gym class today and he played with A. Swoon. SWOON ffs all the good ones are taken

Gigs that ring is gorgeous!!! So jealous! I’m thinking IBD re: SO.

PL sorry about the dog’s allergies and weight struggles. I wish I had advice but unfortunately I do not. So glad E is smiling now!

Pretty yikes @ SO’s gift comment. I’d throw hands. I hope someone invites you to lunch or throw you a party, you deserve recognition of your birthday. Hopefully there was no contamination on the test and the results are accurate!

Dobs sorry you’re sick, so awesome about the fellowship and tickets, though! And sorry the hot guy is taken :(

Flueks omg such a cute picture! Serena is so little! Clinicals are still going well, yes.

AFM, SO got his pathology results back and I am fuming. They’re all f*cking normal. Maybe if they’d tested him in a timely manner during an actual exacerbation instead of waiting 4 weeks, they would’ve got results, considering the CT showed lots of patchy inflammation of the small intestine when it was going on. I’m fairly certain he has an IBD.

Can't remember from the previous page on who commented on kangaroo meat: I know it's lean, 2% fat... Once I know it works for my dog, I may add lamb into his diet. It's a cost thing too... For some reason kangaroo meat is half the price of lamb! Kangaroo will hopefully be a reset to his allergies.

Dobs, fx you get the extra $$! Would be well deserved :)

We tried to do some kids hand print and foot print artwork for dh Office.
I made paints, so those were a fail.. so DH uses some paints he uses for his arts and crafts.
Then we deal with a 2 1/2 year old who now for some reason does not want to get his fingers dirty. Toddler screams by the time we want feet.
Throw him in the bath after
Next up: baby!
Undress, cries because it's cold, sooth him.
Feet go ok
Hands: well he makes fists. So we have a fist print from him.
Throw him in the bath too...

You know those memes: expectations vs reality? Well we are definitely part of reality!

Lol Dobby re Cpt America! Still, nice eye candy is better than none at all ;) Sorry your sick though.. i hope u feelslots better soon hun :hugs:

Ooh Gigs i do like that ring, very pretty!! That’s something i would totally pick out with my choice aswell!

Flueks those pics are so precious if your lovely girls, cant believe S is a month old already waahhh! Im doing ok, tired atm as Hayden woke 3 times last night uhhhbut he fed on me everytime so hoping it wont last too many nights.. :-/ How long is Serena feeding at a time atm? Hope you are doing ok

Hayden is in size 3 nappies now lol he was in size 2 for hardly anytime at all it seemed, but ive had a few poo-nami explosions where only a dip in the bath/shower will suffice, seriously this boy can poop!

Currently swimming at the local Baths - well SO is in the pool with the older 2! So cute seeing Nuala bop about in the water :)

In a grocery store parking lot so will make this quick...

Lev has croup. Poor guy! He sounds terrible but at least is acting his normal self. Nontheless the past few days has been spent keeping him and Mykes apart which was especially tricky Friday when I was alone with the three boys. Tomorrow Des is back at school but it's me again with the two youngins. I am already anxious about it!

Keeps any update?

Pl does he have an intolerance to pork? What about cooking up some bacon and pouring the rendered fat over his food? Or really any fatty meat might work...

Also I want to see the result of the art work!

Fluek I love love love that picture!

Shae I am sorry they didn't find something but maybe they are diagnosing via process of elimination? Good news is he doesn't appear to have anything immediately life threatening so that's good. He does sound like an ibd/ibs case. How do they test for that?

Pretty how do yoi collect the specimen needed for the sneak peak? Sorry your SO is being that way but also I know you aren't surprised by it really...

Dobby - Thanks. And good for you for getting your End Game tickets. Apparently some websites were crashing cuz so many people were trying to get tickets. FX you get that fellowship.

Flueky - The girls look so cute. :)

shae - Sorry that you don't have any answers from the pathology. FX it doesn't flare up again, but that he can get tested in a timely manner if it does.

PL - I remember trying to get an ink hand print of Alex when he was like 4 months old and that was a shit show. lol

Gigs - Sorry to hear about Lev. Hoping he gets better soon. And I'm sure you'll be fine with 2 on your own tomorrow.

For the SneakPeek collection, they give you pretty much everything; the collection vial, lancets, alcohol wipes, bandages, nail cleaning brush, etc. You clean the surface area you're working on (either with a Lysol wipe or soap and hot water), wash your hands thoroughly a couple times, prick your finger, squeeze out enough blood, pack everything up, and then send it off. There are at least a few videos of women doing their collections on YouTube, if you're interested.

AFM, still finding a nice, strong heartbeat. SO and I took Alex to a nearby park today and he loved it. Definitly gonna take him again on weekends, weather permitting. 8 days til my next scan. Can't wait.

Dobby that stinks he's married. Nice to have some eye candy though

Shae sorry no answers from his test. Does he have a follow up appt with GI to discuss what's causing his issues? Also, glad clinicals are going well.

Pacific yeah we never could get a hand print from V. Haven't attempted with S.

Cb thanks I know it's hard to believe. Time goes by so fast and days are blurred. S is taking 45 minutes to an hour for both breasts. Tbh I let her stay on longer than she finishes eating as she enjoys comfort suckling. Think I'll have to decrease it once it's just me watching them both. I hope you sleep better tonight. Wow he's getting big fast! I mean that in the best of ways. A pool sounds so nice, a hot tub would be heaven :)

Gigs oh no!! I hope L gets to feeling better soon. I can't imagine watching the girls alone right now and keeping them seperated.

Pretty yay for heartbeat and scan in just over a week!!

Pretty eeeee im so excited for you & the next scan :) brilliant about finding hb again as its def reassuring <3

Gigs when does your Easter hols start? Riley finished last Friday woop! 2 wks of no school run but stressing about 3 whingey kiddies lol! So sorry Lev has croup bless him.. steam inhaling is supposedly good for it or a steamy bathroom?! Your doggy tshirt is great btw - have u done anymore?

Flueks less than an hour for both breasts is great & they do love a comfort suckle after :) glad all is going well, is V being ok with her?

Shae im glad his results came back ok though.. can they do tests for IBD/IBS or is it just diagnosed with symptoms?

Kiddies luuurved swimming yesterday, both are so confident, it is nice to watch! Nuala passed out in the car as we left, may do the park today to burn off the energy!

Its 4:40am here zzzZ!

Flueky, I have never timed my feeds. Honestly I only switch breast with each feed (not in one feed) so that baby gets the thicker hindmilk too. There are exemptions of course such as if he had a big spit up with his burp.

Cb, kids love the pool, don't they?! Will you enroll yours into any sort of classes? DH has taken L a few times, I am looking forward to going soon too, have to replace my swimwear first. There is a wonderful pool 5 minutes from my parents house and its wonderfully heated. There is another one 5 minutes from mil house and we can't stay in the pool longer then 30-45 minutes or kids turn blue, it's so cold there.

Past midnight here.. too many thinks on my mind that prevent me from falling asleep.

CB thanks! V is doing great with her. She will try to pick her up but I keep a close eye on her and tell her no if I see she has both hands on her. Bless Nuala, falling asleep afterwards. Pool does drain your energy.

Pacific I don't typically time or count. I pay more attention when I'm watching a show while feeding :haha: I only switch once she's comfort suckled for a little bit. I know at night if I don't give both she will want to feed every 2 hours. During the daytime she sometimes unlatches from one but is still hungry. Her poops are nice and seedy do I believe she's getting enough hindmilk. I just think my milk storage capacities are a bit small.

What's on your mind that's preventing sleep? I hate when that happens.

Gotcha flueky!
I was thinking of everything and nothing that was keeping me awake.

Gigs, I think you had asked to see the art: DH already took it to work this morning. However, I had the idea of making salt dough and making another attempt at making footprints! Wish me luck, I might need it even if this doesn't include paints! Pictures when it's all hung up!

So yesterday we went to see our sheep at my midwifes property. She told me about a fantastic farm down the road from her place which we ended up going to. Spoke to the farmer and told him that mw currently has our sheep in this neighborhood. Farmer says "sheep have never survived the bears and cougars in xxx" he actually saw a cougar walk through his field just a day earlier. The midwives pet lifestock guardian dog that lives outside might help a bit, but no guarantee we'll see our sheep survive long term according to the old farmer.

Had a wee chuckle at this today, i follow on fb & a Instagram ‘the unmumsy mum’ & this was posted today :haha: a mini insight to how mischievous lil boys can be Lol

38AE8F2D-9A2F-4BF5-9961-C6549A103368.png

CB, wow! :haha: ill have to show my DH that picture, he'll get a chuckle out of it and feel glad hes out of the automotive world...

The kids and I stopped by at dhs office and he has already hung the kids art ;) so here is a snapshot. The wall still looks bare, but we will add on. Ds1 is blue, he was throwing a temper tantrum. And Ds2 is green, see those "fist prints"?

We got those canvases from the dollar store and we have some printed on canvas pictures of our kids on order to be added to the wall as well.

IMG_20190408_131831.jpg

Gigs oh my that ring is beautiful! Can’t remember who said it but I also so could see you working in a jewellers surrounded by diamonds

Fleuks oh my goodness you make beautiful babies. That photo is adorable! So cute having a close gap I love it with mine (22 months between older two, 21 months between Ella and Theo) love that you said what we’re all thinking “he’s a jerk but rubbish he got hurt” hahaha

CB how are you surving Easter hols? I think I’ve had 3 mini breakdowns already lol. Aww babies in the water is so cute!! I’ve just got Theo his first little swimsuit (one of those all in 1 suit thinfs with arm and legs and matching Sunhat) . We’re off to the IOW caravan hols on Thursday. I’m nervous as taking all 4 by myself so feel bad I might not be able to do all the things we’d normally do (swimming etc) but I’ll give it a go! In-laws will be stopping over for the weekend, and George will stay weekend also. So only 5 out of the 7 I’m on my own x

Sorry I’m rubbish at replying going to read back on what I’ve missed now <3

So for your viewing pleasure (5DPO) hey don’t judge I know you’ve all been there haha :bfn: have had some cramping today but I think that’s probably me symptom spotting.

George update - after the accident I thought he was on deaths door. Within 24hrs he took his car, and drove to London to watch the Pompey football game. And went back to work within 2 days so I’d say he’s fine lol. Apart from that stupid 2 night thing, he still lives at home, and I’m doing this very much alone. (I’m fine with that I don’t want to be with George nor does he me, of course I’d like to meet someone in 100 years time when my kids are a lot older) but right now my babies keep my heart full.

416A196A-8488-4DAA-A746-04E54BFF19A7.jpeg

My chunky Theo. He is such a little pudding, one of those babies with rolls round his wrists and the most chunky thighs! Gets his chub rub from his mother. He’s my world, didn’t know it at the time but I needed a son. I feel so lucky to experience a boy.

702E17D9-4A27-463C-B766-A92BF777C3D6.jpeg 008EC4BF-BE5B-4B9C-8E1E-D345C023E91D.jpeg

PL yikes re: sheep, I hope they make it!

CB omg @ the toy car in the exhaust, poor kid, he’ll probably learn not to stick his toys in small spaces after that! (Or not, he looks pretty young, might take a few times)

Keeps omgggg Theo is such a cute little chunky monkey! All the pictures of chunky baby boys make me warm up to the idea of having boys (I’m usually very team girl). I think I’d be happiest with at least one of each, all girls would be fine, I just want at least one girl. But we’ll see what cards I’m dealt, I’ll love them just the same, no matter what.

Sorry for basically just using this page to reply to, it’s late and I’m tired.

People asked about diagnosis stuff with SO... IBDs are diagnosed using endoscopy and colonoscopy, as well as CT or MRI. He had a CT, it showed patches of inflammation of the small intestine (consistent with crohn’s), and elevated WBC due to inflammation. The next step is the -oscopies. But since they waited to do the endoscopy and colonoscopy until after his symptoms had resolved, they didn’t see crap. Some people with IBD have normal results on those when not experiencing an exacerbation. So I don’t think they’re ruling anything out with this, they just didn’t do it in the right timeframe and it was a waste of time and money to do it. On the bright side, the fact that it looked normal is a pretty good indicator that he doesn’t have something like cancer. As far as I know he doesn’t have a follow-up appointment. At this point I think we’ll have to research GI doctors in the area and see who can get him in fastest if he has another exacerbation, which he probably will. If nobody can get him in the same week, there’s really no point.

PL yikes re: sheep, I hope they make it!

CB omg @ the toy car in the exhaust, poor kid, he’ll probably learn not to stick his toys in small spaces after that! (Or not, he looks pretty young, might take a few times)

Keeps omgggg Theo is such a cute little chunky monkey! All the pictures of chunky baby boys make me warm up to the idea of having boys (I’m usually very team girl). I think I’d be happiest with at least one of each, all girls would be fine, I just want at least one girl. But we’ll see what cards I’m dealt, I’ll love them just the same, no matter what.

Sorry for basically just using this page to reply to, it’s late and I’m tired.

People asked about diagnosis stuff with SO... IBDs are diagnosed using endoscopy and colonoscopy, as well as CT or MRI. He had a CT, it showed patches of inflammation of the small intestine (consistent with crohn’s), and elevated WBC due to inflammation. The next step is the -oscopies. But since they waited to do the endoscopy and colonoscopy until after his symptoms had resolved, they didn’t see crap. Some people with IBD have normal results on those when not experiencing an exacerbation. So I don’t think they’re ruling anything out with this, they just didn’t do it in the right timeframe and it was a waste of time and money to do it. On the bright side, the fact that it looked normal is a pretty good indicator that he doesn’t have something like cancer. As far as I know he doesn’t have a follow-up appointment. At this point I think we’ll have to research GI doctors in the area and see who can get him in fastest if he has another exacerbation, which he probably will. If nobody can get him in the same week, there’s really no point.

Shae it does take ages to get diagnosed unfortunately, it took hubby nearly a year to finally be diagnosed, and his sister (also has crohns) it took nearly 2 years!

Kitty how did they finally diagnose them? Did they have to catch them during a flair up or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->