General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I’m back to work today. I also had to order some FRER online because it turns out the cheapies I have are rubbish. I had a look at reviews online and they miss pregnancy a lot it seems despite being 10iu. One poor lass took them as correct. 2nd month of no period and they where still negative. Tried another brand and was pregnant. Turned out she was two months pregnant! I’d be raging if I missed a few weeks of my pregnancy because a test was a dud.

Hell yeah id be pretty annoyed aswell! Fx they dont take long to arrive. Hope first day back at work goes ok :)

CB, sorry you didn't have the best mother's day, fx DH will make up for it somehow! Happy mother's day to you!

Forgot what else I was going to write.. spring is here! I forced all the boys outside for some pictures yesterday. ;) Biggest complainer: DH! Oh well, I think I got 2 usable picture. One is an adorable one where L gives baby E a gentle kiss on the head. Seriously: for every 1 kiss I get, baby E gets 10 from L. And this is all coming from L, we don't ask him to or anything...
Saturday we went to see our sheep at my midwifes property and hung out with her and her family for some time after. Someone pointed out some invasive plant spicies that's growing where the sheep are, and a quick Google search says that the sheep love this plant in the spring. Win win for all!

Another week.. let's see what this one brings!

Work went fine. I was very tired at times but I got through. Doesn’t help I’ve cut back on coffee just incase I am pregnant. Only have one a day now compared to my usual 3 or 4. So couple the extra bit of pain plus the painkillers too I’m really looking forward to bed!

Tests have come so I’ll use one in the morning. I’m getting doubtful now. Cervix is low and there is a bit more of a tint to my cm like AF is on th way.

Needs have u tested yet?? Tinged cm can always be implantation aswell though ;) fx luvvy! Post a pic when you’ve tested

Aww Pacific thats so cute with L’s kisses <3

SO brought me home some flowers & we going out for dinner at somepoint this wk, i told him he doesnt have to but he insisted so il let him Lol

Cb sorry about thw crap mothers day but good on him for making it up to you! I hold grudges on to stuff like that until our last dating anniversary where I completely forgot and he brought me flowers and chocolate. No i have no room to complain when he forgets dates lol

Also i splurged on a really pretty ebay ring with his permission and told him we'd call it my valentines, mothers, and anniversary gift so he's off the hook for awhile :rofl:

Pl I did get the goose eggs!!! 7 of them. Not sure how fertile they are but I'll try to check in a week or so for veining. So getting the eggs also may turn into an unrelated business gig. The lady who had them owns this quasi famous social media dog, Goosie, who was born with almost no nose. She was also the runt of the litter and wasn't expected to live at all but she's coming up on her birthday! So I may be designing Birthday fundraising tshirts for her event ^_^

Needa I hope it's just too early but if not fx next month is THE month.

Cb I saw an okd friend of mine on Facebook just had her forst girl and the squishy face just made me a little sad that I may never do that whole thing again...made me definitely question having any permanent bc. But then i think of the first tri sickness, and the miserable last few weeks, amd the scares of baby being ok, and surgery, and sleep deprivation with infants...and I think being done isn't so bad! What sucks is I don't have any friends or family likely to have babies anytime soon. The exception is my brother and SIL but they live across the country :( but maybe one day I can go visit them and also babysit so they can have a date night.

Anyway that picture of Hayden with thw bowl hat is hilarious lol

Thank you gigs.

I’ve been spotting all day today. It’s been a bit beyond my normal day before spotting but not heavy enough to be a period yet so I will probably be getting it tomorrow. Feel a bit sad. Had a crap day. Have to wear the protection for my fracture for 6weeks now which limits me doing the things that make me happy and distract me plus it impacts on my work. Also, my heating isn’t working. I’m renting so I at least don’t have to pay to get it fixed but still frustrating because I will have to be at home to get it fixed and I work 9-5.

Just want to bury my head some where and do lots of shopping online,

Hahaa oooh Gigs is that a Ring that you’ve posted a pic of in the past? I completely second those reasons for being baby ‘done’ .. the sickness really did me in last time & just a painful pg on the whole, i know when Hayden gets a lil bigger & we can do holidays & stuff, il forget about all that other stuff il miss, i can see how some gals just keep popping them out lol

Needs, im sorry about the impending period hun.. big hugs :hugs: have ye self a nice hot bath & soothe yourself, can i ask how long have you guys been ntnp? You probs have mentioned in the past but i missed it, i really hope af doesnt arrive though but as Gigs said if not this time, next cycle be the one <3

Last edited:
Needs, fx it's just implanting.. you aren't out until the witch shows!

Gigs, yay for the future business with the goose lady! It's always worth a chat with a friendly person in my experience.

Cb, I am totally the same with having more kids or not.. I am looking forward to travel with our kids. And maybe a long weekend away without too ;) actually we are missing out this summer: DH work summer regional meeting is in boston (or baltimore, international for us either way)and it's not kid friendly this year but I was still expected to come along until we announced the pregnancy. so I get to stay home with a kid that is still going to need my boobs. Only this year's location isnt kid friendly, next year's location should be announced at the end of this year's summer regional meeting and welcome the entire family. 4 days of rest and relaxation that's paid for ;) otherwise our kids will be old enough to be left at my parents. DH works for a great company, not many companies include spouses for annual regional meetings or their children! I can skip out this year, DH likes the employer so I expect to go too more over the next years!

Baltimore isn't too terribly far from my neck of the woods! Let me know if you ever come close to the DC area! Maybe we can get a play date in for the boys haha

Ahhh no fair ladies id love a playdate lol maybe il hop a flight over :haha:

Pacific ypur hubs work sounds great for having family hols, great perk!

Ok, my friend has a dilemma.. her lil boy who is 2 in a couple months time, he keeps climbing out of the cotbed, 3 am this morning he did it twice, 1st time was crying & moaning to get out the bedroom which has a stairgate & 2nd time he was just messing about in his room, she’s going to change it to a Bed today but.. she’s worried hes gonna cry at stairgate & mess about all night & get in/out of the bed when he stirs... her bedroom & the new baby is in the room next to his! Anyone had the same or any ideas how to possibly contain him? I did say she may need to let him cry it out but on the other hand he may love that its a bed & stay put all night

Sorry for the selfish post!
Hi, my names ‘Keeps’ and I never learn.

Long story short - 3 days of sex with kids dad, thought I was safe as I’m due on tomorrow (cycle day 31 as always) took an OPK, and it’s look pretty positive.

Could breastfeeding make my hormones funny and turn an OPK positive? X

Top one was last night
Bottom 2 this morning x

686775EB-0A50-47B1-BA65-AA7C7DC7B434.jpeg

Last edited:
Keeps!!! Hmmm. I'd just take an hpt if you're due tomorrow anyway. Those opk's, though... Yeah. I would test. How has baby daddy been, aside from the 3 day tryst? Has he been kind, and treating you and the children well?

CB & Gigs...I for one am very happy to be done having babies of my own. My last pregnancy sucked, and was full of anxiety. Charlotte is beginning to really act like a toddler, and I now remember that for every squishy sweet newborn, comes a flailing toddler eventually floppin' around like a feral whiny animal on the floor...lol. I still get broody over tiny babies, and I think I always will. But my uterus is retired. Baby shop closed...playground open.

Cb what if they keep the crib and get one of those anti-climbing nets that go over the top? My bed is going to a bed will not keep him in.

Keeps did you have sex around ovulation? Or are you saying you JUST had sex now knowing your period is about due? Sometimes impending periods can make an opk go positive. But if you had sex during ovulation a week or two ago...might be a sign of pregnancy. If that's the case a test is the only way to know!

Wookie yeah i think I desire being pregnant more than having a kid. I love the excitement of it all.

I am looking forward to going back to work though. I may work the front desk at hubby's shop eventually, maybe just part tine, but we'll see.

But what i'd REALLY like to do is work at a bridal gown shop or in diamonds.

Gigs, that's so funny, DH and I have discussed the same thing. Hes actually been actively searching for a front desk person since january. I'd love to go back to work some day. Kudos to those mom's that can, but I get bored just doing the stuff a stay at home mom does after a while... I need adult interaction and conversation that isn't just about babies like my mom groups....
What about working for a jeweler?

Cb, no idea! That's actually one thing I worry about when we transition L.

Sorry to turn that question back to me but can I add? We have a queen size bed in our guest room. When L is ready for his big boy bed DH thinks we can put L into that room and bed so baby E can have the crib. What do you guys think about putting a toddler into a queen bed? I don't like the idea and think it's too big, but what are the rules here? A bed is a bed is a bed or ..??

Gigs, I do think that this particular trip may repeat in a few years... Who knows tho!

Cb, love the "new hat" picture ;) L plays similar games with empty snack containers

Keeps, has your period returned? Ovulating is definitely possible even while bfing! My midwife does like to remind us.. lol, she's seen plwbpl of "repeats" within that first year!

Hmmmm well my thought is the bigger the bed, the farther he has to roll to fall off it :thumbup:

I'd love to work at a jeweler. I think I may look into getting certified in diamond appraisal just to have it (plus it interests me) and then maybe future me can find a job at a jeweler. I've applied at a jeweler's before but had nothing to offer them really. Hoping a certification might help. Besides that it might help me with my hobby of buying & selling jewelry from estate sales.

PL A loves having the queen to himself. As long as the sides are secure, why not? I used to put A to sleep in my bed and leave him for like 6 hours til I was ready. As long as all your hazards are covered. I made more into a jail lol. I pushed it into a corner so the room wall blocked his side, I had a rail on the opposite side, the headrest got the top and then I pushed his crib backwards against the end. There was one tiny path in and out that I blocked with pillows. Haha. I don’t see the issue with it but that’s just me

I may suggest a rolling net for safety aswell actually, i never thought of that, il let her know. I’ve literally just messaged her now asking how the first night went.. i just had 3 bing bong messages now lol so il be right back:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->