• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Same her Pacific, Nuala will take ages at bedtime without a day nap aswell & shes evil too uhhh!!

Flueks have u tried MAM bottles & soothers? My friend tried these as a last resort & they worked:) the teats are slightly flatter rather than round & plump like tommee tippee ones.. i have a link - “apparently” more babies are likely to take to the MAM soothers/pacifiers if they use the bottles aswell .. :-/

Bottles

Flueky, is it that she's supposed to take the bottle from a sitter?
I remember trying to give L a bottle, to get him used to it for staying with my mom while dh and I went on a date night. Well, L flat out refused. I was out of time to do any other attempts so basically handed L and a bottle over and said "good luck grandma!". When he got hungry he took the bottle no fuss and wanted more then I had left mom with.
Point is, for some babies mom just needs to leave the room or even the house to take the bottle. The boobie source is simpler for breastfed babies ;)

PL I think I remember that! Bummer. I feel you and will join the overtired mayhem club. So counterintuitive yet totally how it works.

Fluek Hopefully you find similar success or just success soon finding a bottle that works. I liked the Philip Naturals, but you tried that brand already. :(. They had a sample bottle in the target registry bag.

Did Green have her baby?! I’m too tired to go back any more pages lol

Dobs, we seem to have reached an odd time: no nap and he is cranky as can be by 3 pm or nap and he has a hard time going down at bedtime. Like seriously, wtf do I do? Screwed either way...
As it's getting warmer outside we'll probably try and increase his outdoor physical activity to wear him out. I just can't ever take my eyes off the yard because of bears, cougars and wolves that have all been spotted in the last few weeks. Probably why I am still hesitant. In addition to that we may be in need of some outdoor toys.. haha, right now he plays with a rake and a spade that he keeps finding hanging up on the shed! Pretends that they/he are trailers (pulls them behind him) or excavators (holds them in front of him). The kid definitely has imagination.

Dobs I think CB said she was 34 weeks a day or two ago, so I’m guessing no, unless it just happened?

Flueks sorry about the bottle predicament. No advice, just sending “drink the milk” juju.

So, SO basically said I’m not getting a proposal for quite a while because he wants to make it a giant thing where he spoils me all day and proposes at the end and has a hidden photographer, basically he wants the movie proposal in real life... and he’s way too broke and stressed right now to pull that off. I told him he doesn’t need to make it such a huge thing, but he really wants to... and I can’t exactly say no to that, he’s the one proposing and I want him to be happy while he’s doing it, I want him to not feel pressured and just be 100% on board and excited to do it. So even though I reeeeally want a sparkly engagement ring sooner rather than later, I can wait so he can be happy with his proposal to me. I’d never want him just to do it because I asked him to, that’s crappy. So while I’m a little sad about the lack of sparkly ring, I can deal.

ETA: Oh also, still no period. It’s 2 weeks late. Ugh. Pretty sure I just didn’t ovulate due to finals stress, I probably ovulated much more recently and I’ll get it soon.

Shae will u retest? I can see you had some fertile watery CM on cd31/32 so depending on your LP AF could be in the post :) aww thats lovely your SO wants to do that.. although he may of said that as a decoy to put u off he! Either way, it’ll def be worth the wait <3

Pacific you xan get the kiddy hard plastic lil JCB’s Riley had them, he would dig up all the shingle bits of the garden ha ha!

Thinking about it.. i may Have to agree actually what Pacific said about Mum leaving the room/house for another to give baby the bottle, esp if you bf’ing, Hayden never let SO give him a bottle (even though i did sometimes) they can smell the BreastMilk..

CB I may try if nanobebe won't work. I tried Mam pacifiers which she didn't immediately spit out but she still doesn't like.

Pacific she wouldn't take it for my mom or DH when I was out of the house. I mean she may give in eventually but I really hate thinking she'll go on a milk strike for several hours. Was gone 4 hours when my mom watched her.

Omg that's so cute he'd pretending with the rake and spade. I'm still nervous about trying to tun after V while holding S outside. I think DH is going to get her pool out later today. That'll be fun :)

Dobby I know sge had taken phillips avent in April for DH and my dad. I was happy becauss I figured I'd just have to replace nipples. Greenie hasn't had baby just CB mentioned she's 34 weeks so not much longer :)

Shae thanks. Stinks in a way he wants to make proposing into a huge thing. I liked how my DH did it. We were living together and it wss my birthday. He fixed breakfast for me and then I opened presents. Last he gave me a card. At the end it said he had one more gift and I saw him kneeling. Very sweet and private moment.

CB I actually just checked and I’m having EWCM again :dohh: I’m pretty sure I haven’t had baby-making-compatible sex in quite a while... I think last time was like CD7 or something. I usually mark any sex that could produce pregnancy in FF, so either I totally forgot to mark it or I haven’t done it in over a month (we’re still having sex don’t worry). My sister’s cycle might be messing me up, but her period is ending and mine still isn’t here so idk. She’s actually on the pill though so it’s not a real cycle I suppose. I really haven’t had any pregnancy symptoms that aren’t already common for me. Like dizziness, it’s been happening every once in a while for months so I don’t count that. I haven’t had nausea, which is a PMS symptom for me, and I know I could be different but my mom had horrendous morning sickness when pregnant, not hyperemesis gravidarum I don’t think but it was pretty bad. So I’m pretty sure I’m not pregnant.
I don’t think it’s a decoy, his family is having a ton of money troubles and his car isn’t doing so hot and so he needs to save money for helping his parents and a new (used) car. He does want it to be a surprise but yeah no he can’t afford it right now.

Flueks I don’t mind a big proposal, I want him to do whatever he feels is right. I’d be fine with big or small and private. I just wish a big one didn’t require so much stress and planning cuz I want the proposal sooner.

Kitty fingers crossed!

Hi y'all, I'm not dead, just keeping extremely busy and dealing with copious amounts of anxiety. I'm ok though :) hubs and I are trying to start a new disc golf related youtube channel -- we are always looking for ways to turn things we love into something profitable :) as such I am also going to start yard sale-ing and reselling things on ebay, turning my hobby into a business (just scored salt & pepper shakers worth $75-130 for less than a dollar!). I also am crafting some (started making paper flowers...i don't know either) amd may consolidate my hobbies into a side business to sell at arts & crafts events. Besides that, the kids have been keeping me busy. Des' school is officially closing so I've also been searching for a place to send him. In the end, EVERYTHING is too expensive, including the school of my dreams that I fell in love with. Had a long talk with hubby and agreed to give homeschool a try for next year. If we love it, great. Otherwise we will apply for financial assistance at the school o want, and maybe enroll Lev part time too. We got screwed this year with Des' school closing because they already finalized FA decisions in April.

Hubs' shop is doing great and I've also been helping with some stuff with that, mostly graphic designs for ads.

All and all we are good here!

Shae, I had line eye too haha. I love that ring! Also I would look up pollen count for your area. I'd bet money you are allergic to something that blooms this time of the year.

Just typing while I pooped. More later!

Just popping in to say that I’m glad you BNB while pooping because I was going to post but then felt like naaaaah I shouldn’t PWP (post while pooping)

You should ALWAYS pwp!
So I'm jealous A used the potty. I'm just going to say it.
Yesterday Lev took off his own diaper, dragged the toilet into the living room, and sat on it. I was overjoyed! Until he got up, hid by the bookcase, and peed on the floor. We tried him this morning but again, floor pee. He is interested in the toy potty but i don't think he recognizes when he has to pee/poop. So...putting it off for now.

Kit good luck to you this cycle!!! I am pullin' for ya hard, girl!

Fluek glad your assessment went ok. I hear ya on the nagging about weight. It really annoyed me when pregnant, especially this time! Dr commented on my gains...Yeah i know i gain lots of weight in pregnancy. This ain't my first rodeo!

Pl i love in your story about the zoo you had to specify "human" kids :haha: we went to the zoo recently, too! Video up on the channel ;) yay for a good hubby! I am right there with you on placating others. I am too old to care what people think and don't need them to validate my life choices or child rearing practices. Power to you for table side booby feeds!

Shae, i made a "healthier" Shepard's pie using cauliflower and ground turkey. Maybe that for the family and turkey burger for sis? That's great you make food for your family. I don't know if i ever did that.

Anyone else see on the social media of Amy Schumer (stand up comedian) how she got mommy shamed? She went and did a stand up one week after giving birth and people were having a feast over that. She then posted a picture of herself sitting on her bed, pumping in her hospital post partum diapers. I think that's awesome!

Gigs, well I just think that why cant baby eat at table if the rest of the family does too? However I was starting to wear down after a few days of those ever so noticable glances of "you do that during our mealtimes??"
Lol to pwp, haven't we all done that at some point?

DH brought home a soccer ball and 2 water guns, so guess who constantly wants to be outside. It's the perfect 24c outside, baby is sleeping so I am trying to get a bit of a tan in while kicking the ball or getting squirted ;) hopefully with a bit more physical tiredness L will have easier sleep.

Kitty, fx!

Nearly positive OPK + slight spotting + pinching in my left side makes me think I have finally ovulated!!!

Woohoo Kit!!! ALL the baby dust!!!!!!!

Pl enjoy it! We are having something of a heat wave...too hot to be outside in the day and mosquito city once the sun sets -.- grrr
We did do a kiddie pool in the shade but L was not on board with the cold water

Lol at PWP. I post while on the toilet all the time.

Gigs so awesome that you have so many money making ideas and skills, go you! Good luck with homeschooling next year, I bet you’ll do great. Re: pollen, according to pollen.com or something of the sort, we have high levels of grass, oak, and ash pollen. When the allergies started it was grass, birch, and something else I don’t remember. I’m pretty sure I’m allergic to birch pollen based on raw fruit allergies, but it looks like I’m also allergic to grass pollen since it’s been consistently present during my allergy season. Re: food, I don’t think my sister would even eat a burger. It’s nuts.
Sorry about the heat wave. I hate hot days with a burning passion (no pun intended).

PL so sad about the mommy shaming. Sounds fun with the water guns and soccer ball!

Kitty yay for ovulation!!! :dust:

AF arrived yesterday, finally.

Wish me luck, I am attempting this whole potty training thing again today. Expecting temperatures to be around 20c today so we are spending the day on the deck. First pee he snuck inside and peed on the living room carpet. Lesson learned: close patio door. Pee #2, "mommy dirty feet", great: he just peed on his own feet...
Pee #3, he says "L on the potty" takes off, sits down and pees! Hallelujah! Reward was a snack pack of gummy bears and has been told he'll get more when he pees again. He's sat down twice since but nothing.
I am encouraging him to drink, so he got some diluted sweet drinks ;) (he never gets that, water only or milk with breakfast)

We are 1:3 so far ;)

That's a great start pl! We tried des at 3.5 and it was useless. Hung it uo and tried after he was three and success! Wish i could have had your luck though -- these diapers are getting pricey with two! I'm keeping my eyes open at yard sales for cloth diapers.

Just wanted to say I'm alive and hello. Sorry busy with tge girls and just been a bit down. Hospice was called to my cousin with the brain tumor. I just feel, I don't know how to say. I spent so much time with her and my bro in the summer as a kid. I've already lost him and now her very soon. It's not fair but I know life isn't fair. It just freaking sucks. She never got to see my girls, she never got to marry or have kids. She was an amazing person and the world is losing one of the sweetest people I've ever known. She was so talented with art as well. I looked up to her so much.

Anyways, great job pacific on making at least one successful potty training attempt.

Gigs sounds like your plate is full. Be sure to update when you can. Oh and I think we've all pwp:haha:

Shae yay for AF finally arriving.

Kitty good luck testing!! How was your timing??

Sorry for those I forgot. I'll keep reading and update when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->