• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Thanks for the compliments everyone. :)

Keeps - Ya, I'm excited, for the most part. Still not completely over the fact that it's probably another boy, but I'm sure I'll get over that when he's here. SO is doing alright, I think, considering this isn't the life he wanted. He has a much shorter temper than me though, so he gets annoyed and angry quicker. He also doesn't seem to take a lot of innitiative. He doesn't prep sippy cups or baths or do diapers without being asked. I rarely ask him to do these things though. But I also do pretty much all the laundry and dishes cuz I (and I'm paraphrasing him) "seem to have a lower tolerance for mess and dirt" than him. I'm sure he'll need to step up more once the new LO is here though.
Good to see your tests are still looking negative.

Flueky - I know I've said it before, but you can definitely tell your girls are sisters. How tall are you and DH? Good to hear you 2 got a little time to yourselves.

Dobby - I worry a little too about Alex's dinners. He apparently eats almost everything at daycare, but only the mashed potatoes or rice and peas with dinners at home. As for A, I guess whatever has the most cals would be the better option. FX you're able to get some decent sleep soon.

shae - Can't really help you with allergies or meals. I always just take OTC and it seems to work. And our home-cooked meals are always some type of protein, potatoes or rice, and a veg. That ring looks pretty. Hopefully SO will get you something similar soon.

AFM, can't believe I'm at 18 weeks already. I think I've felt a wee bit of movements recently. :) SO and I went to ToysRUs to pick up some stuff I ordered this weekend (plastic picnic table that seats 8 kids, umbrella to go with the table, water play table, and small net with a few types of balls for playing soccer, hockey, and baseball, all for like less than $200 after tax) and they had the tandem stroller I'd been looking at on display. SO and I both tried it out with, Alex in the front seat, and it seemed to handle well and wasn't too massive when folded. So, I think we'll see if we end up with some gift cards once the new baby is here and pay the difference and get it. I also just ordered some personalized M&M's for Alex's 2nd BDay (red, blue, orange, and purple that say "Happy 2nd BDay Alex"). I'm expecting 4lbs total. lol

4lbs of m&m’s lol! Im sure they will all get eaten;) Yay for movement, one thing i def miss is that

CB yeah I think I'm going to try the bottle warmer method as I won't have access to a stove at work. Gotta buy some stainless steel bottles and a kitchen thermometer.

Pretty yeah with a small age gap having a person help out is a life saver. I've learned to manage 2 by myself more and still do other things. DH does help some and he cleans the house other than picking up the playroom, dishwasher, or wash V's cups. He has gotten much better with S too. He usually does bedtime routine with V for me which is nice.

Yup they won't be able to deny being sisters :haha: As for height, DH is 6'4" and I'm 5'8".

I agree with CB I miss feeling those early movements. I think that is my favorite part of pregnancy. Yau for getting a good deal. Also totally jealous as we no longer have BRUS or Toys R us. M&Ms, yum.

Flueky: yesterday I saw some pictures of L when he was a baby. It's seriously like we just made a clone to get baby E.

Gigs, I hope you had a chance to look into leasing of a horse. It's what I will do here eventually as it makes this whole riding thing a lot more affordable!
How is the school situation?

Shae: for meal planning: you could look into different meats and prep of it. So for example if you use meat in your red pasta sauce, use ground pork instead of beef. I'd suggest take your favorite family recipe and make small changes that your sister won't notice. ;) But are still low carb for your mom

Afm: I need to vent but gush over my good hubby in the end. So we just spent the weekend with my parents. My uncle and his long time gf from Germany where visiting. Because my brother and I see him only every few years we all went to my parents for family time.
Friday evening started off with just being spoken in German which left DH out. I don't know why some Germans always insists on their language.. I spoke up and it was better the next days.
So Saturday, there was a Celtic festival. Uncle, gf and brother took off in the morning: we made the agreement that they would message is if it would be something for the kids too and we'd join them by noon, otherwise we'd do a different activity in the afternoon together. My DH had to meet a client in the morning anyway and took our car. My parents left to do some groceries. So I was stuck at their house with 2 kids. My uncle sent 3 non telling pictures by 2 pm, honestly we concluded that the festival wasn't very exciting. By 3 they old us they'd spent the rest of the day there but would be back for dinner at 530. If we had known that, we would have driven there too but before noon just to do something as a family! Anyway, they came back to the house 15 minutes late when we had started eating dinner. I was pissed and so was mom. By dinner it became apparent that they (aka my uncle and gf) did not enjoy crying baby or loud toddler. They don't have kids....
For Sunday, my uncle had asked if we wanted to join him at an escape room. DH had originally said yes and they had the courtesy to ask me. However I declined as I didn't want to leave E for approximately 2 hour and they insisted that he'd be fine for a bit. The kid is 3 months old, has never had a bottle yeah right
As they were leaving DH realized how upset I was about not being included in anything all weekend. Although I told him to go and enjoy, he put us first. Meanwhile only my brother asked why the change of plans of no DH coming. Uncle and gf could not have cared less. After they left DH made us leave the house, and we went to the petting zoo with my parents. I am glad he made me leave the house if you know what I mean.
So much for nice family weekend and being made feeling guilty for feeding (bfing at the dinner table!) and tending to our kids first! Seeing slightly unhappy faces when L threw a tantrum pot of tiredness or was roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur. As my mom said: they are not used to kids, have never had to include kids and don't know how to be around kids.
Meanwhile my brother actually did some rough housing, got a soccer ball and was trying to teach L how to kick it. DH and brother invited uncle to play, but he declined...sigh, gonna try and let it go. While my brother is sometimes akward around the kids (like a giant in a China shop kind of akward) he tries, knew something was off and actually tried to fix the situation.
Sorry for the confusing ramble

In the end: I just had it confirmed that I will be more picky what people I choose to surround myself with, what to expect from certain people and that in the end DH and I will put our family first! Love my DH for sticking to his family when we all encouraged him to go out and have fun.

Thanks for the ring compliments! (I mean, it’s not mine, but I’m glad you guys agree that it’s pretty)

Pretty I can’t believe you’re 18 weeks already! Time is flying!

Flueks I know nothing about lipase in breast milk, just that it’s a pancreatic enzyme that catalyzes lipid breakdown, and when my sister gets pancreatitis her lipase numbers are off (not sure which way, I’m thinking high but idk). Hopefully boiling the milk will do the trick!

PL yikes re: family weekend. I’m glad your DH was supportive and stuck with you, though.
Re: family recipes... my sister is an extremely picky eater. She doesn’t eat food mixed together. She doesn’t eat soup or casserole. She eats chicken breast, fish filet, and strip steak or filet. Seasoned and cooked in a pan. Nothing added. She eats pasta with margarine and salt, nothing else in it. She eats green beans with margarine. She eats cereal and bread. She won’t eat any family recipes. She has to go high carb to keep on weight since she has to be low fat. Idky my parents tolerated her being such a picky eater, it’s legit ridiculous. At this point I think it’s either she eats pasta if I make it or she eats cereal or bread. Everyone else eats what I make.

AFM... I’m a week late for AF, no PMS symptoms, test looks negative to me. I haven’t had a long cycle since the mirena, I’ve been relatively regular with kyleena, ovulating on CD18 and having variable luteal phases. Last once was a full 14 day luteal phase. I didn’t temp well so I’m not certain when I ovulated or if I ovulated. Ugh. Here’s a pic of the test, pretty sure it’s :bfn:
9624CCBB-260A-4952-83EA-90EED898C98B.jpeg
If it doesn’t come in a while I might take a frer but I don’t think it’s possible I’m pregnant based on BD dates.
SO has been crazy busy with home repairs at his house so I’ve barely seen him lately, but he’s planning on bringing me fishing Friday or Saturday, so that’s nice.

Shae i think i have line eye Lol! I can see an uber faint something there but obvs it not there irl.. hope it turns up soon for u no doubt just as your going fishing with your SO #eyeroll

Ah Pacific im sorry your wknd was rubbish hun! But im glad u got out to the Zoo though, cabin fever sets in & everything is twice as bad! I feel thats such a wishy washy way of things re the uncle & gf & no kids, i get it but surely they have friends with a child or kiddies or seen films/programmes with children in it & see how they can be..? I think some feel that children should be seen & not heard but then theres no point in having them lol

Shae BNB is being dumb so I can’t zoom in or open it, but I also have line eye and see a shadow.

Sorry been reading but not like actually comprehending. So I hope everyone is well!

The cereal fortification was a bust. Oh well lol. He peed in his potty (titi as he calls it) so that was lit.

Pacific your DH was amazing!! What a good husband and father. It's a bit unreal how clueless people can be. I also feed at the dinner table. No shame. We are feeding our babies.

Shae yeah that's pretty picky and I'm thinking she is in high school. She can cook for herself if she isn't willing to eat what's been made. I'm her opposite. I'll try pretty much anything. My bff's mom loved when I came over because I'd eat anything she cooked. Anywho, sorry I'm a bit of a tough love girl on some things.

Not seeing anything on your test. I hope AF arrives but not while fishing. How are your allergies?

Dobby sorry it was a bust. Holy crap! That's amazing he used the potty. V isn't there yet but still early. How much longer is school in session?

CB yeah I’m fairly certain it’s line eye, I could only see a shadow in pictures and nothing irl. Thanks, I hope AF doesn’t come while I’m fishing either haha

Dobs sorry the cereal didn’t work but yay for peeing in the potty! That’s amazing for how young he is! Yeah any line is just a shadow, no real line here.

Flueks yeah I’m not very picky either, I’ll try most things. Idky my parents tolerated it when she was little. I think she has to get over herself. I bet if she actually tried foods she’d like some of them but she refuses to try most things, she has an issue with textures I guess. It’s ridiculous. I agree with the tough love approach when it comes to picky eating.
Thanks re: AF and fishing. Allergies are way better, I’ve been taking the Flonase every morning since Sunday. I still have a little itchiness in my nose and my eyes but it’s bearable, no sneezing since Sunday.

Dobs, you serious? A uses the potty! We got new bribes but so far it's still a no go..

Shae: I'd be tough love too on your sister as my 2 1/2 year old can attest :haha: eat what I cook or you can go to bed hungry. Does she buy her own snacks after school that she enjoys before or after dinner?
Fx af doesn't get you on the fishing weekend!

Flueky, I Always feed my babies at the dinner table, why should they eat in the bathroom or away from everyone else (surroundings don't distract mine from eating). Their looks were subtle, but I noticed and so did my mom.
At Sunday dinner E was being fussy and tired so I took him over to the couch to nurse him to sleep but it was a no go. My mom (bless her heart) calls over "bring him back to the table, I enjoy his voice!" Lol, I guess I was trying to be pleasant to all but it was just breaking me down as it's not exactly my believes of the rights of a woman/mom...
My hubby is awesome and fully supportive!

Cb, the petting zoo was good. L knows most of the animals there. They have this huge pen with goats and their babies. L showed us that he knew his way around animals, he was confident: walked up to all the babies and mom's front side, gave a wave and said "hello goat" before proceeding to pet it on the back :haha: we could tell that almost all the other human kids were not raised around animals as they were either shy about it, or totally over excited. L had a nice medium, not even a rough hand for his age.
Afterwards we went for ice cream. Too bad my uncle can't see joy in that kind of small stuff, but it's his loss.

Pacific, Riley & Nuala would LOVE to go to a petting Zoo! They have petting farms here but no Zoo’s for petting... unless im being crazy lol! So glad you guys enjoyed that part of the day though :hugs: Awww thats cute that L says hello to the animals hehe <3

Dobby thats amazeballs! Well done A, sorry the cereal thing hasn’t worked though

Nuala cries when she poops, hides out the way & gets all upset, has a mini meltdown about having the nappy changed uhhh! When I eventually get the nappy iff to change & clean up she’s totally fine. I know she would get the potty training but shes not showing any signs at all, i offer her the potty to even play with but she screams no at me :( gonna be a tough cookie this one :-/

I wish i was able to upload my videos from iphone on here, Riley was making Hayden really belly chuckle in his walker earlier, sooooo cute its melts me <3

Cb, you are discribing my toddler when it comes to changing poopy diapers. Nor will he admit to having pooped when the stench already follows him in a large cloud.

Petting zoo/petting farm.. it's all farm animals at that place ;) including a bunch of semi wild peacocks that live in the park around the petting zoo just out of the downtown core. They are only open late spring until early fall, the rest of the time the animals actually spent at a farm about 30 minutes out of town.

Shae glad the allergies are doing better :)

Pacific your uncle is certainly missing out on those happy moments. I think next year we might buy passes to the small zoo around us. It's only like 15 minutes from the house and it's perfect size to me.

CB V also denies that she has pooped even though I smell it. Bahaha she's so stubborn. Oh and wish we could upload videos to bnb as well.

AFM going to do health screening for work today. Not looking forward to being told I'm overweight. Like, I know and don't need someone to tell me. I'm working on it and am slowly losing. If S would let me I'd get in more intense exercise. Really it's been too hot to even walk outside with her as she wants to against me instead of in the stroller.

I've been playing a white noise for her at bedtime and she's sleeping longer. A 6 hour stretch followed by a 3 hour one. I'm hoping it'll help once I transition out of sleeping together. In one way I'll miss the cuddles but I'll love the increased freedom. She is better about being set down or being held by others though. I weighed her this morning and she was 9lb 10.5 oz. She's doing well on her gains which make me happy.

On a good note, the milk I pumped and froze from Saturday hasn't got that bad taste from lipase. The one I pumped on 5/1 did have a slight taste, nowhere near as bad as milk pumped in April. So I'm thinking I can get away without having to scald milk. Thank goodness as it's just more steps. I know it sounds lazy but who wants to pump and then heat their milk to 180 degrees, put in an ice bath to quickly cool and then freeze. Not to mention still have to clean the pump parts. So yeah I should be able to pump at work and have milk for the next day. I suppose on Fridays I'll need to freeze or maybe just refrigerate. Anyways, I'm rambling.

Flueky - Wow, ya, I think your girls will definitely have some height. lol. I'll trade you a couple ToysRUs-es for some Targets. Good to hear that your milk is tasting better now and S is sleeping for longer stretches. :)

PL - We all have shitty relatives, good for DH for being on your side.

shae - Definitely looks BFN. And, jeez, ya, that sounds like she's pretty picky. Hope you enjoy fishing this weekend.

Dobby - Yay for using the potty. Alex would kinda let me put him on it for a while, but these days, he just cries and won't stay. :/

AFM, had a MW appt today. My BP was good, baby's HB was 156, and I got my req for my anatomy scan, which is in 9 days. We also talked a little bit about my birth plan, but it's still a little early to get into a lot of details. I also put together the plastic picnic table AND the M&M's arrived already. :)

IMG_20190523_1826120.jpg IMG_20190523_1836049.jpg IMG_20190523_1733125.jpg

Ugh... I hate having close neighbors!

So the neighbor has his fire wood right up against the fence and our house and his don't have that much room in between them especially for both of them being on 1/2 acres. There are no by-laws here that say you can't built a shop or even your house right on the property line... Anyway: it seems like almost every day right when kids are napping he goes and works his firewood. L came for cuddles and fell asleep: 15 minutes in the neighbor works with his firewood, because it's so close of course the dog alerts and won't shut up. L woke up. Just grrrrrrr!

Pretty those M&Ms look fab hehe im guessing they the chocolate ones yummers!! Cant believe your nearly half way already eeee!! Looking forward to seeing some bubba scan piccys :hugs:

Completely feeling you with noisy neighbors Pacific! Ours is like right on our doorstep & they’re having a roof re-done so scaffolding, general noise etc atm & yesterday they had a tree chopping machine out front, soooo bloomin noisy! Both mine couldn’t nap :( i had whinging all afternoon until bedtime uhhh! Thing is, it be just typical you get L off for an earlier nap & he’ll start chopping away early grrr!!!

Flueks hope your work health screen check went ok, what you have to remember is you only had a baby couple months ago so any extra weight I’m sure is pg related & the bf’ing will shift that in good time :)

Hope all you other gals are ok :thumbup: MrsGreen said on Insta the other day shes 34 wks already ahhh! Thats flown by!

Haydens been awake since 4:05am zzz! Its now nearly 7am, fx he passes out shortly for a mini early morning nap, bonus ive done the laundry, washed up & sorted all bottles out lol! Coffee no3 is calling me...

PL any chance of talking to the neighbor? I feel you. My condo is in between two others. The staircase of one shares a wall with my master, and so on the days they have his grandkids visiting they run up and down the stairs screaming at like 11pm. My window also opens to the parking lot and teenagers give zero s*s about other people. My other neighbor at least shuts up when he wakes up A. And he’s only loud downstairs so it’s not usually an issue

Pretty kudos on the table! So satisfying when you put stuff together. Esp if it says two people haha. And yay for M&Ms. I still dunno what to do about A’s birthday lol

G2g monster trying to get my phone

Pretty, deal! I like Target alright but have to drive 40 to 45 minutes to one. Then again the BRUS was 35 to 40 minutes away. I suppise it's more nostalgia for me and I loved their clothes. Also I was able to test the strollers out. S's heartbeat was 150s to low 160s. I know it's a old wives tale though. I'm looking forward to your scan in a little over a week!! M&ms are cute. I'm doing a minnie mouse theme for V. Her party is a week from today.

Pacific ugh that sucks. Any chance you could talk to the neighbor, asking to avoid at certain times or maybe play a white noise machine to drown them out.

CB I know but they don't account pp in your assessment and really don't want to hear it. I know once I get a bit more freedom from S I can work even more on losing weight. I suppose I just don't want to hear what I know, it's a pet peeve of mine. They didn't really say anything at screening, I'll be waiting to hear from a health coach after I return to work.

Oh I've been wondering about MrsG. I can't wait to hear about her baby's birth :) sorry Hayden didn't want to sleep.

Dobby nice to hear from you again.

Gigs you okay?? Haven't heard from you in a bit.

AFM Even though my milk tasted fine, S would not take the bottle. Ugh, she won't take phillips avent, tommee tippee, or nuk. I called Ped and his nurse told me to try nanobebe bottle. Please give positive thoughts or prayers my way it'll work. It won't be here until Tuesday because of the holiday. S is a real boobie monster...she's lucky she's cute ;)

Cb, the thing about sleep is that if L skips a nap he goes down even harder at bedtime.. he has a nap, and it's a breeze in the evening. Figures, o read somewhere that they release a stress hormone when overtired which is why it's harder for them to fall asleep when overtired. Figures!?

Honestly I am not sure if it's worth it to talk to the neighbors. We are only renting and it's still in the air for how long until we want to buy...I am starting to agree with DH on waiting a bit longer so maybe becoming friends with neighbours is a good idea. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->