• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

CB I sometimes feel when I ovulate, sometimes don’t. More often I don’t feel it. Since getting the kyleena IUD I’ve spotted when ovulating though. I know I had spotting for a day but I forgot to record it so idk which day it was. I’m guessing CD16 or so? I remember it being earlier than my usual O date which has been CD18 for the last few months. I’m on CD36 now (since it’s past midnight lol).
Re: the job, I only had orientation which included reading policies etc, day 2 is Monday, there’s 3 days of orientation. So I haven’t done the training yet. But everyone seems really nice so far, so that’s great!
Also I’ve heard of the Thug Kitchen cookbook, so funny!

Flueks ah okay so my first impression was right, S is skinnier. She looks so long in comparison, probably cuz V was so chunky! Both of them are so cute!
The dryer worked to get the wrinkles out, so no iron needed! I always get the catfish, turns out it’s one of their most popular items! I’ve had the chicken and dumplings a few times too, but these days I get the catfish with a side of dumplings (and double country green beans). I go there way too often lol.

Dobs I have no advice but sending love :hugs:

CB I know it's kind of hard watching them grow. My mom and stepdad are watching the girls. My mom is a little nervous, I don't blame her. S is fairly clingy to me but I also know that in less than 6 weeks she'll be going to babysitter while I go to work. Maybe it'll help me be able to get her to sleep without me.

Dobby hmmm. V never liked the rice cereal. I don't see why it would be a problem mixing with whole milk though. It'd be similar to fixing oatmeal. Hope it helps.

Shae i like getting the green beans and carrots and mixing them. So yummy. Oh and I think S honestly is taller than they measured but it's okay. They aren't easy to measure if you ask me.

Last edited:
Ive not but i did used to give Nuala a bedtime Formula, it was a Hipp Organic one, more thicker formula to help with hunger, but not like baby formula for hungry baby.. i was trying anything to get her to sleep through, i wonder if they sell it in the States?! I see if i can find a link for it Dobs :) Sorry your feeling do low my lovely, big hugs.. i know it makes u feel like crap esp when u not getting sleep either, Nuala was terrible <3

Hoping your af arrives soon for you Shae, nothing worse than being caught off guard :-/

Flueks it’ll def help her settle better on her own for snoozing i she gets used to others, maybe when you do go back to work let hubs do the later bedtime feed if you are pumping milk or formula, she’ll be less clingy & less likely to smell you & want booby comfort snuggles.. do you put her down after shes fed on you?

Cb, sorry I suck at replying in a timely fashion.. I am not home today, but I'll take a pic for you when I get home ;)

Gigs, horse lease: it's basically paying the horse owner so you can have access to the horse on certain days of the week. What you do with it on those days is part of the agreement: lessons, trail riding etc.
Others look for a full or even a free lease which is often at your own barn or property. Full lease can differ from a fully able horse and you actually pay. Or a free lease of for example a brood mare that didn't take that year and the owner just doesn't want to feed while they wait for the mare to "take". Or a horse owner who goes to school and is just looking to have someone take care of their horse. Those are some of our options here...

Flueks it’s definitely possible she’s taller, especially with how wiggly babies can be. I was 22 inches at birth, so it wouldn’t be a stretch for her to be 23-24 inches now (depending on her birth height).

SOS I need dinner advice! I’ve been making dinner for my family every night for the past two weeks. They’ve loved everything I’ve made, but my mom told me that I’ve been making high carb high fat meals and it’s not helping her waistline. Any advice on healthy but filling meals to make for the family? I already make fish with veggies and potatoes a weekly meal, that one is pretty balanced, but my fettuccini Alfredo, rich beef stroganoff, and garlic butter shrimp pasta have not exactly been slimming. I tend to make pasta a lot because my little sister is extremely picky. She’ll eat haddock, chicken (only one way), steak, and pasta with margarine. That’s about it. Sometimes I have to accept defeat and let her eat cereal for dinner but I’ve been making a lot of pasta trying to keep her fed (she can’t eat high fat due to chronic pancreatitis), and of course that’s a lot of carbs for my poor mom who’s trying to lose weight. It gets boring making fish, chicken, or steak with veggies and potatoes every day which is why I’ve been making so many other dishes. Any advice on meals to make is much appreciated!

Another question for everyone, totally unrelated, but probably more important:
How bad do allergies have to be for your doctor to prescribe you meds for them? My annual May allergies have begun, they started a week ago and they’re getting worse. I’m sneezing all the time, I have a runny nose, my nose is itchy, my eyes are itchy... I’ve been taking Alavert every day, and I took 2 today and I’m still miserable, I found my mom’s allergy eye drops (OTC) and used those 30 min ago on top of the second Alavert which I took around 2 am (first was 2 pm) cuz it wasn’t helping my eyes. I’ve worked with May allergies once before, I was a cashier and I brought full boxes of tissues, put them at my register, and went through a whole box a shift. I have day 2 of orientation on Monday and I can’t train very well if I’m miserable and sneezing constantly. Plus nobody wants their hostess sneezing while carrying their silverware and menus to their table. I’m wondering why my allergies always run mid-May to early June, considering I thought allergy season started much earlier... maybe it’s because I’m in New England and it suddenly got very flowery and everything started blooming about a week ago.
Anyway, what’s the best OTC pollen allergy med for you guys? I figure I should try that until I can talk to my doctor about it, since it’s Sunday. And have any of you had any luck with prescription allergy meds?

Im really rubbish at meal planning Shae :( atm im cooking 2 lots of meals each day, one for the kids & the other for me & Adam! Kids wont eat what we like, we have Rice/Pasta & lotsa chickdn or beef with stir fried mix veges but stir fried in olive oil or coconut oil, filling & not too fattening. Maybe Google a few ideas, i struggle to make diff meals to mix it up abit! Do you use or have you got a slow cooker? You can use them for anything..

I would just call the Dr, they should be able to prescribe something for you, my sister had awful Hayfever as a teenager & always had Meds for it every year, over the counter stuf didn’t touch it! I Hope they can help u hun. For Riley & Nuala i use Piriton liquid antihistamine

Re: allergies, went to the store and got Flonase, my mom gave me a sample of Xyzal to try, you take it at night so I’ll take it this evening, hopefully it’ll make tomorrow better. If it helps I can ask my doctor for a prescription for it.

I wonder as you take it at night because its strong & can cause drowsiness.. fx it works for you :)

Flueks hope u enjoy End game eeeee!!!

CB she wakes up after nursing if you set her down and instantly cries. She doesn't like swaddling or pacifiers.

Endgame was quite good.

Shae she was 20 inches at birth so I think she was taller but it's okay. As for food, I just google healthy crockpot recipes. Crockpot has been a lifesaver for me on my leave and have tried some interesting things. I loved the cowboy crockpot recipe but probably too many carbs for your mom's taste. I posted it on the weight loss thread some weeks ago. Feel free to stalk away lol.

Not sure I usually take zyrtec, well generic versions for allergies. It typically helps me. I also like a humidifier during allergy season. I try not to take many meds.

It took Hayden weeks & weeks before he got the hang of sucking a Dummy, like nearly 3 months I’d say! Although he will snooze without one.. have u tried her in one of those sleeping bags/sacks so she lays down onto the same warmth & a thicker fleecey based moses basket sheet/blanket to lay on so her heads all cosy maybe :-/ tbh though, i think we all try everything & all they want is Mummy until they grow a lil bigger <3

I just had to google crockpot lol its a slow cooker

CB I tried the velcro swaddle but no sleepsacks. I've basically accepted that she is just a cuddler and cosleeping for now. She used to sleep alone for naps in early days but she started refusing those after a few weeks. Once she can self soothe I plan to start sleep training. Will probably try Ferber method again.

Shae it is really pretty :)

AFM It was really nice getting oit just DH and I. My mom texted near end of movie that S wouldn't take the bottle but we could finish movie and just come home afterwards. She has had bottles in the past so I was confused. Posted on my March group and a mom suggested I might have high lipase. I tasted some that had been thawed around 36 hours so not sure if it tasted gross from being past 24 hrs thawed or high lipase. I put another ounce out to thaw so I could try. Well I suppose if this is the case then I'm glad I didn't have some hugh stash. Also, I have better pump output when I pumped to replace a feeding. A little over 3 oz so that makes me feel better but wondering if I'll be able to use pumped milk. We shall see I suppose. I don't want to scald my milk but I may have to.

V was a total but yesterday late afternoon. I had to put her in timeout. She wants to tell me no when she doesn't get her way. She is definitely full of attitude.

Welp going back to sleep now.

Nuala is doing the ‘NO!!!’ Thing also, i get hands on the hips aswell when shes saying it!

Not sure what high Lipase is so im off to Dr Google again lol! When you thaw out breast milk how soon are u supposed to use it by?

Ooooh Shae i LOVE that ring, its gawjus!!

CB they are little divas :haha: V sometimes points her finger at me when she says it. Did Riley do this? Apparently once fully thawed from freezer to fridge, 24 hours. If the lipase is the problem I'm hoping maybe I can just put in fridge and it'll be okay for next day use

I googled about the lipase & if it is that, you can boil it off, cool the breast milk & re-store quickly “apparently”..

Omg you got the finger pointed too :haha: i had Riley once shake his finger at me saying ‘no no no’ i had to turn away & laugh haha! They are divas indeed, im not sure where she gets it from lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->