General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Pl- how's potty training going? Twin B is completely potty trained. Well, he still wears diapers at night and at nap time but all day he's in underwear or naked and rarely has an accident. Twin A is not interested at all! Lol so I gave up on him a long time ago. We also transitioned to toddler beds almost 6 months ago when they started climbing Out. It was really rough st first, but gets better.

Flu- glad V did so well at the dentist. Going back to work is so tough! I'm sure that first week will be rough.

Kit- sorry my phone is cracked so it's even harder to look for lines. Ugh but I don't think I see anything.

Keep- I'd agree with FF and say ovulation Saturday.

Flueky, how old was v again when you transitioned her into toddler bed? Our first night actually was a breeze. Went to bed, stayed and fell asleep. Woke up at his usual time called for us, but we decided he could let himself up. (Might we regret this later?) It took him 20 minutes to appear which is also when he heard me use the bathroom.

Mrs g, wow on completing potty training with twin B! What was your method?
We are not quite a week in... L just had a pee accident, forgot he had to go during play.
I have also started to tell L that diapers are for babies, such as baby brother. But then DH comes home and tells L "let's put a diaper on for bedtime!" We've had a talk about that

As for our cat, she seems to be healing up and should make a full recovery. Antibiotics should help her not get any infections. She looks so funny with her shaved rear end.
From what the vet said: the injuries definitely point towards raccoon, they are nasty and use their little claws/fingers to literally rip cats apart starting at the back end. We really hope she learned her lesson to stay away from raccoons.

Last edited:
Kit is that the same brand of tests that gave faints but you had bfn on frer?? Still rooting for you

Keeps I'd say you Od Saturday or very early Sunday.

Green I will say at least I return on a Thursday so it's not so bad.

Pacific we skipped toddler bed and just used twin mattress on the floor. We did that at 19 months. I just put her there the first couple nights, but then felt bad so I started lying in there with her for 25 min max and slowly decreased how long I stayed in there. Now we tell her it's time for bed and she willingly walks in by herself. Dh usually covers her up. Sometimes she plays before going to bed but she puts herself back to bed

Kit is that the same brand of tests that gave faints but you had bfn on frer?? Still rooting for you

Keeps I'd say you Od Saturday or very early Sunday.

Green I will say at least I return on a Thursday so it's not so bad.

Pacific we skipped toddler bed and just used twin mattress on the floor. We did that at 19 months. I just put her there the first couple nights, but then felt bad so I started lying in there with her for 25 min max and slowly decreased how long I stayed in there. Now we tell her it's time for bed and she willingly walks in by herself. Dh usually covers her up. Sometimes she plays before going to bed but she puts herself back to bed

Same brand different batch but I’m thinking give up with them anyway.

We are still in a cot at 22 months, I keep thinking about changing her into a little bed but then she’s so dinky I think even a toddler bed would be too big and scary for her

Kit i see something faint again :-k hmmm

Keeps I love you but if you manage to dodge the pregnancy bullet again I would strongly suggest you look into bcp! I just remember all your struggles last time and especially with your hip issues and i worry!

Hi Green! Ahhh you're so close! How about a bump shot for the class?

Kitty, we've kept L in the crib until now, so 2 1/2. He wasn't making any attempts to climb out and for us it was a safety net for those nights where he wants to fight sleep and just keep running out.

L is now just about too long for the crib, so we are looking into bunk beds. The boys will share the room soon enough and we are holding off on buying for now due to the market. L would sleep on the bottom until E outgrows the crib. Keeping any ladders off until he could safely maneuver those.

Today is day one of afternoon nap. He walked himself into his bed, demanded his 3 stuffies that somehow migrated into the living room. I heard him chat for a few minutes, but it's been quiet since. Then took baby E into our bedroom where he fell asleep.
So, here I am sitting at the kitchen table, 2 hands free trying not to make any noise :haha:

Keeps I’d agree with O Saturday. I understand it being frustrating when your O date jumps around like that when it was previously regular. I had a few months of ovulating on CD18 and then I O’d on like CD32 or so last cycle. So annoying. I’m hoping it was just final exams stress and I’ll go back to my regular schedule this cycle. I would definitely recommend some kind of birth control like Gigs said, but no judgement either way. Your body, your rules.

Green great to hear from you! Sorry about possibility of no VBAC :( I agree with Gigs, I’d love a bump shot!

Kit hm I feel like I have line eye but either way since it’s the same tests that lied to you before, I don’t trust them. Hopefully you’ll get a line tomorrow!

PL yay for successful afternoon nap!

Pl- I'm not sure what 'method' it was but the first day he was naked all day and I set a timer for every 10mins, when it went off we went and sat on the potty. Day 2 we did the same thing but increased the time and wore underwear. Day 3 we just kept increasing the time and day 4 we wore pans and underwear and he was basically potty trained. The first couple of times in public with no diaper was very scary! lol he's already scared of public bathrooms (I think they're too loud) so I have a small potty in the back of my car he uses. He uses the small potty mostly at home but I think he could be 100% on the big potty if I tried. However, brother likes to throw things in the toilet so I'm not rushing the big potty yet. I think I'll do that more once brother starts potty training in a couple of months.

I'm glad the cat is okay! Raccoons can be so mean! We've never had one actually attack a car though! Scary.

Flu- that's awesome you're going back on a Thursday! That makes the first week easier.

Kit- keep her in a cot for as long as possible!! I wish I could have kept my boys in there until high school lol

I'll take a bump shot today or tomorrow. I haven't even really taken any all pregnancy! Baby is SOO low though. Doctor could feel his or her head.

Kitty yeah I'd probably ditch those cheapies. Too bad you can't get walmart cheapies. There is nothing wrong with not moving her yet. V is just so big for her age and wanted her transitioned so she didn't feel like she was being replaced by S.

Pacific hope you got to get some free time with your boys napping. I'm looking forward to that myself.

Greenie yes it does make me feel more at ease. Still be hard but could be worse. Would love to see a bump pic. Maybe with babe so low it'll help your cervix dilate and efface.

AFM V has a cold. I kinda figured once she got a low grade fever. She is 36 1/8in tall (97%) and 29.8lbs (75%). It makes it hard to keep things out of her reach.

Was told most likely S will refuse to bottle feed and breastfeed. He is probably right sadly. S just isn't wanting bottles. Ugh.... I hate this!

Flueky, sorry she is sick, hopefully you can avoid the spread of the germs.
As for tall kids, just hope she doesn't find a step stool! L has been carrying around our 2step stool for months now. He can now reach the very edge of the top cupboards! On the other hand we've been getting him to help us cook or bake, mix batters for example because he can reach!

Flueky - There's literally a sign at my MW's office saying they won't reveal gender over the phone. I guess if I wanted to get technical, I could email them for the results, but I doubt they'd give them. I was told the results would take 2 business days to be sent to my MW and the fact that they haven't contacted me probably means that everything is ok though.
The girls looked really cute. Glad to hear the party went well. Gonna need to get serious about planning Alex's soon.
Alex has his next dentist appt 4 days after his BDay and I'm expecting him to fight too. lol. I hope V feels better soon. And that's BS that you guys don't get a full year of mat leave in the States. :(

shae - I wouldn't have thought of it as a China thing, more of a Muslim, or maybe India, thing. I don't even know if they'll tell you the gender on your baby in China, that's why there are so many orphaned girls. There's a woman in my Oct 2019 thread who lives in India and they aren't allowed to find out the gender til birth. But I completely agree about it being my baby and my body and my right. I see videos on youtube of people who've filmed their scans and they get the info right away. At the same time though, it's basically free to have a baby in Canada, so I guess it's kind of a trade off.

PL - Aww, sorry to hear about your cat. I would've thought a cat would be faster than a raccoon and able to run away.

Gigs - I'm like 90% at peace with having another boy right now. I've already been referring to this baby as Matthew in my head, but I don't wanna say anything out loud until SO brings it up first. And what does WIP mean?

CB - Yay for first tooth. Hopefully he'll sleep better going forward.

Green - As PL said, FX it's not PE and you get your VBAC.

Keeps - FX this is your lucky cycyle. :)

AFM, I had an opportunity to check if Alex's old car seat will fit into the universal adapter for that tandem stroller I want and it does. So, I guess it's just a matter of waiting for gift cards and then we'll get it. I also took the front side of his crib off and turned it into a toddler bed, not that he even uses it at my place. But we'll probably be spending the night there on Friday and one day later this month, so I guess we'll see if he likes it. I really wish we could get a crib for SO's place sooner rather than later though. I don't mind him cosleeping with us, but I'd rather he started out in his own bed, just so he can be used to it. Probably gonna bring this up with SO soon. I also did some number crunching and I don't think it'll be feasible for me to go back to work after mat leave, at least at my current job. 2 kids in daycare will cost $2890 a month and I only make $2634 before tax. So, if/when I do go back, it'll have to be somewhere else where I'll be making more, or wait til Alex starts school. Oh, and I treated myself to some capris and maternity panties from Thyme. hehe. Anywho, still feeling kicks and finding a HB, getting moderate round ligament pains on my right side from work, but it's all worth it.

Here's the blanket I'm working on and the one I made for Alex for comparison. And here's my sleepy boy. lol

IMG_20190604_1912357.jpg 26166284_10155371019888095_506070191783128524_n.jpg IMG_20190529_0635492.jpg

Last edited:
Pacific yeah I think I'm coming down with the cold now. Ugh :( oh and the only stepstool we have is in our bedroom which we keep closed frm her. However she is trying to use a sit n spin to reach higher. We have a 2 step ladder in garage which she can't access.

Pretty wow crazy they post that in their office. Yeah I'd say they wouldn't email either. I agree it is bs, maternity leave in US. I'm fortunate that my job is protected for 16 weeks bevause federal law says they only have to provide 12, but my state law says 16. So I'm thankful for that but wish I had more and it to be partially paid.

As for A, I would plan to either adjust him to toddler bed before baby 2 or wait several months after baby 2 to transition. In any case do what works for you but just wanted to share my experience as it's tough the first 2 months especially. I can still tell V has some jealous moments but she doesn't take it out on S.

Cute pics!! Alex is growing so fast!

Wip= work in progress. It looks good! And they are so cute when they sleep <3

Ok ladies i have to know...why do i always get stuck with shitty sleepers? I am really hoping this is a phase that ends soon but we've been back to 2+ wake ups a night for two weeks now. And to top it off, he's consistently trying to be up for the day at 4:30! Wtf???!!! In fact tuesday he was up at 12, ,1 ,2, 3, then up at 5. I am struggling over here!

Plus we both have the weird allergy cold thing, where we're good during the day but dry throat and stuffy nose at night.

Blaaarregggg

Kitty I definitely see a line there but not sure if it’s an actual line cuz it’s thin. Fx’d the frer shows a line!

Last edited:
Gigs, is he getting enough sleep during the day?
My other thought is that darkness is currently very short, do you use blackout curtains? We recently ordered some fairly cheap of Amazon and L consistently sleeps until 7 am. They do make a difference, before he was starting to wake up anywhere between 530 and 7.

Kitty, I see that line too!

Flueky, sorry that the cold has reached you after all. Summertime colds are the worst.

Pretty, nice handwork!
Cats I'd think would be able to outrun a raccoon, however when they get close enough for a physical fight (which some cats think they can take on because they aren't that much bigger), cats most of the time loose. Those fingers are nasty. Having kept chickens, I have learned to keep a 2 step lock on chicken coop doors, or else raccoons can open them. Those fingers can open simple latches.
As for any major transitions or changes, do it a few months before or after baby comes.
Totally agree with you, our Canadian childcare is expensive! I don't plan to work until L is starting preschool or kindergarten, thankfully my husband's job supports us doing that. How I won't get bored out of my mind remains to be seen.

Green: thanks for your insight, we basically did the same. Relieved to assume we may be on the right track! Although he still forgets that he has to go sometimes...

Sorry my last selfish post I promise have been meaning to catch up and reply x

So my OPK was super positive Friday (T line Darker than control).. then gradually got lighter over the next few days until it was almost bono showing I’ve now ovulated.

Well I took another tday because I like peeing on things and it’s positive again?! How? I’m confused?! (Just taken two and both + )

Quick EDIT to add - kit I can see that but second what Shae said looks abit thin x sorry haven’t read back yet how many dpo are you? X
117EAEAF-B6E7-4F69-9E8C-C1546DA8D749.jpeg

Last edited:
Gigs ugh hope you feel better soon. Annoying to feel ill even part of the time. Sorry he's sleeping poorly. 4 month sleep regression??

Kitty I see it but yes it is thin. Hope you get a good line on frer.

Keeps noticed any fertile cm with any of your positives? If you are having some now assume you are Oing now. Your body can sometimes gear up to O but doesn't. No real true way to know other than if you are doing bbt. No judging but think you might want to consider some form of birth control as I recall how hard pregnancy was for you last time.

Hey ladies. So sorry no numb pic because I'm currently in labor! Headache all day yesterday and then so bad in the middle of the night I couldn't sleep. BP was up so I came in and it went up to 195/85 and they've actually allowed me to be induced and try for a vbac. So wish me luck.
Anyone who I have on social media please don't say anything (not that you would) but no one knows I'm in labor except for a couple people. And hey, labor sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->