General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Kitty omg how did you stop it? Did they run when they realized there was someone in the entryway? Or did you confront them?

Dobs good to hear from you :hugs:

I woke lewis up and he turned on lights and went through to the kitchen (they were breaking through the French doors in the kitchen), no chance they’d be scared of a 5ft lady! I just couldn’t believe I’d seen 2 people with a hammer trying to break in!

7892E4F2-65C8-4CDF-ACEF-7C1C475896A1.jpeg

Kitty that’s so crazy and terrifying! I’m glad everyone’s okay! Did you guys call the police?

AFM my nipples have been sore since 2 days before ovulation and they’re still sore. Google says it can last all luteal phase, so that’s super fun. I don’t normally have several days in a row like this, so I guess I can chalk this up to my “new symptom of the month” courtesy of my IUD.

Everyone’s okay just a bit shaken up, I’m the only one who actually saw them because they couldn’t see me so carried on what they were doing. They propped the gate open with a bin to make a quick getaway. We did call the police and they came round quickly and we’ve had the forensic people round this morning x

Jeeeze thats flipping scary as hell Kit! My anxiety would kick right in at that & id be shaken right up aswell! Glad noone was hurt though.. i Hope the police come back with something on forensics! I reckon with all this warm weather people are trying their luck in thinking windows & doors are left open!

Its really good they came out, last year in Feb SO’s van got broken into & the police didn’t give a poop & didn’t even come out its awful!

Shae sorry about the sore nips hun! Daaaarn those hormones! That window screen sounds great:) Yes, heatwave most places over here atm, Saturday & sat night was just ridiculous, over 30 something degrees

Im getting all the cake bits ready to to make Rileys birthday cake at the wknd, his birthday is next Tuesday, he’ll be 7 :) Im making him a Super Mario world cake, i got all the cutters & fondant icing & mario characters, just need a smaller cake tin & some food colouring for the blue & red cake part hehe! Im hoping (fx) it looks something like this... im really excited about decorating it lol not so much about baking the cake incase it goes wrong & tastes dry or something Lol

8EE0A971-C8E5-45C4-B949-8A091BD9F00B.jpeg

CB is it still a heatwave?? Hope not and kids are sleeping better. I'm really not looking forward to getting AF back. I haven't seen any fertile signs so who knows. I tested last month as I figure testing once a month until she shows is best since we are not using protection. I really hope your cake turns out lovely. I often have these beautiful images in my head how I want something and then it looks like crap when I do it :haha:

Yes it is bittersweet. As much as I want my own time and bed space with DH. I also love cuddling with her. Best soak it up these next few weeks.

Shae sorry for no break. Ugh even if it's 10 or 15 minutes, it really helps. Plus food is good.

Kit omg that is terrifying! A fear of mine is someone breaking in when it's just me and the girls. Thankfully DH is home evening and nights now. Glad no one was harmed and I hope they are caught.

CB wait was it over 30 C at night?! Cuz it got to 32 C during the day on Friday here but it’s never that high at night, it’s normally 18-24 C at night here.
Good luck with making the cake! I’m not good at that kind of thing so in the future I’m definitely gonna be either ordering a cake at a local store or baking a plain old cake, frosting it, and sticking a number candle in it lol.

Flueks I really hope it turns out well.. i was even contemplating getting my friend to bake the cake & me just decorate it :haha: I wouldn’t take all the credit for it though, shes great at baking :) Def use some OPK’s at least then you kinda know if Ovulation is lurking & then u know to avoid or use protection, I know atm that if i was doing bbt my temps would be all over the place as my sleep is pretty poop!

Shae i did think about buying a big ol cake & il just decorate it haha! All the bits i have got so far for it have cost me nearly £40! Uhh! So expensive

Temps have lowered slightly & average day temps atm are 22/23 here in Southampton but they’re usually hotter than whats on the Weather App. Nights are usually about 17 but last sat night i reckon it was at least in the 20s..! It probs isn’t that hot really in comparison to what you guys get in America but we have rubbish summers usually & when it gets hot, its so sticky & heavy air hot its really uncomfortable.

Well, period is in full swing now, she arrived early hrs Monday morning joy! Im sure im hotter because of it

CB yeah at that point I’d just order a fully decorated cake :haha: but I’m not crafty, I’m sure yours will come out great!
Totally feel you on the sticky and heavy air, the humidity is what really kills me about hot weather. I live in New England so it doesn’t get as hot as it does in the south of America, we have so many different climates in the US, it’s crazy. Two years ago in Arizona, planes had to be grounded because it was nearly 49C (120F) and many planes can’t function safely in that heat! However, where I live the hottest it gets is about 35C (95F), up to 38C (100F) some years but usually that doesn’t happen. Average summer days are probably about 28-30C (82-86F) highs. Arizona is very dry, it’s a desert really, cactuses and all. New England is crazy humid. I have cousins from Arizona who came to visit my family during summer and we didn’t have AC... they kept complaining about how hot it was! The humidity really makes a giant difference! It’s not that much hotter where I live than in the UK, your hating 30C and humidity makes total sense to me. Once it hits about 27C I’m too hot, I hate the heat. And feeling sticky along with it is the worst. On the super bad days it’s like you’re walking through a hot cloud or a hot fog... you can feel the heaviness and moisture of the air. It’s awful. I currently have my window open and fan going cuz it’s nighttime and about 20C (cool enough for me, that’s room temp here) and I feel all sticky, the humidity is gross. My weather app says it’s at 73% right now. Blech.
Yikes sorry about the period, I’ve found I’m hotter on my period as well despite the lower BBT. I wonder if we’re more sensitive to temperature changes and more prone to overheat because of it? I have no clue off the top of my head what causes it. Not looking forward to menopause hot flashes, especially since I deal so poorly with heat.

Flueks I hope AF stays away for many months. I also get projects envisioned in my head that never turn out nearly as well as I expected. I’m worried about decorating my grad cap in 2 years, I’ll probably totally ruin it!

Doesn't feel like summer has fully arrived here yet, which is surprising, last year by this time we had numerous wildfires putting us into smoke. Knock on wood , I am glad this is not, but I'd like to wear my shorts ;)

Kitty scary! I am glad you are only shaken up!
We, what seems like a lifetime ago, where living in our RV on the back of the shop where my DH was a mechanic. One night our dog would not stop barking, so much that I woke up. (And I had an incredibly deep sleep). When I had enough sense to tell the dog to be quiet, I realized that the fence behind our RV was being shaken, so woke up DH. At that point the intruder noticed that there was a dog on the premises and turned around: he jumped off the fence and smacked into our RV. DH then took our dog (a black 90lb Briard!) To check things out. The intruder must have been an ex employee as he climbed the fence where no camera points but smart of him to turn around when the dog went off ;) I was so shacken after knowing someone was so freaking close to where we were sleeping. Alas he never came back and the managers and owners were quite happy to have us on the property as a bit of security.

Did I mention that I now have days where both kids sleep at the same time? L in his bed and E in ours and I have my hands free!

Hey ladies. I was away for several days with very limited internet access, so I'm just catching up now. As usual, gonna do my best to reply.

Kitty - Holy, that's scary. I'm always worried about someone breaking in, but I feel like I'd lose it if they actually did. Several years ago, someone broke into my aunt and uncle's apartment during the daytime while they were both at home, just cuddling in bed. The only reason they knew it happened was cuz the chain on the door was cut. Luckily, they were only looking for things, not to take lives. Hopefully they cops will be able to figure out who the 2 guys were.
As for people's comments, some people just really have no class. I luckily haven't encountered much of that from strangers, but you'd think people that actually know you would be nicer about it. The coworker I have, who has no issue telling me when I put on weight, keeps saying she's keeping her FX for a girl for me (cuz hardly anyone knows the baby's gender), so I guess she'll be disappointed in about 16 weeks.

wookie - How's the lice treatment going? So happy I've never had to deal with that. I've seen videos of people using those special combs and oh man, so creepy.

Flueky - Good to hear you're busy enough at work to not feel bad, and that your old work clothing fits. And that S is drinking more from a bottle :)

CB - Good luck with the cake. I've had to outsource Alex's cake this year to SO's aunt. There's just so much other prep and planning on top of working 45 hours a week, I don't have time to start learning how to use fondant. I will be doing the cupcakes though. And we're getting some serious heat here. 30-ish during the day, but it seems like several degrees warmer. According to the weathernetwork website, it's currently 25, feeling like 29 right now. Thank God for AC. lol

AFM, SO saw my stomach move for the first time while we were away. His reaction was "whoooooa, I guess this is real for me now." lol. I also mentioned today that I only have to deal with 76 more days of work before I get to go on leave and he was like "Thanks for making it seem like it's so close". Uuuuh, it is. 3rd tri is just around the corner and it'll be October before you know it. Men. lol
As for the house hunting, we just got an email from the realtor with the exact list of documents needed for the mortgage broker. I could probably have mine together by the weekend, if I really tried. SO still has yet to contact the bank or someone to help file his taxes for the last couple years, so this is gonna be another case where he feels like a failure and already so far behind cuz it'll probably take weeks to find his T4s and whatever else, submit them, and get his notices of assessment. I'm gonna be honest, at this rate, I don't see us getting a place before the baby comes.
My work has started asking people if they want to stay a little later for overtime (which is something that happens pretty rarely). My friend/manager said they don't expect me to stay late (between a growing belly and toddler in daycare), but I've said I can stay an extra 45 mins any day that they need, so I've done that for the last 2 days and probably again tomorrow. My feet are not happy, but any extra on my pay cheque helps.
Also, my mom decided to stay up north (where we were vacationing) for several extra days to hang out with her sisters. Last I heard, she hasn't decided which day to come back yet. So, that's making mornings and right after work a little more stressful, but I'm managing. Though I'm sure it'll be more of an adjustment when I'm home alone with 2 little ones. lol

65830806_10156619243223095_8090637999525593088_n.jpg 65905514_10156619245798095_7097857228178194432_n.jpg 65915268_10156619251738095_3762553563620835328_n.jpg

PL I’m glad there haven’t been any wildfires so far, hopefully the trend continues! Does it not rain much during the summer there? Hopefully you’ll be able to break out the shorts soon. That’s crazy about the RV/fence intruder, glad your dog scared him away. Also super awesome that the boys have synced their sleeping!

AFM I went to an early July 4th party tonight and I couldn’t drink cuz I have work at 7 am so I was drinking a ton of soda, and now I have horrendous acid reflux and also some pelvic pain? Idky, I googled to see if acid reflux can cause that and it basically said that acid reflux is a symptom of ovarian cancer and so is pelvic pain, that’s the only results I was getting, and I’m fairly certain I don’t have cancer (thanks Dr. Google) so I’m assuming it’s separate... though it’s possible it’s gas pain from my ileum or cecum, cuz I’m very gassy and abdominal nerves are known to be wildly inaccurate at times regarding location of pain. Anyway, party was fun, lots of huge fireworks despite them being illegal in my state (cops waited until it was over to show up cuz they don’t care, all they’d do is confiscate them).

ETA: Pretty sorry it looks like you won’t get to move into a house before baby comes. Time is flying by re: your pregnancy! Glad it’s real for your SO now. Adorable pictures of Alex! Sorry about the mom stress.

shae - There are some pros to not getting a place before he's born. As soon as SO and I start living together, the child care benefit money I get from the government is gonna be drastically reduced. It's currently $658, but it'll probably drop to $200-ish. Also, my daycare subsidy (which is currently costing me $0) will end and we'll have to start paying the full amount. Whereas, if we stay living separately til after I deliver, daycare will be covered for another 4 weeks once I start my mat leave. Guess we'll just have to cross whatever bridges when we come to them.

Glad you had fun at your party, but sorry that you're so uncomfortable right now. FX it clears up quickly.

Hope your tummy is feeling abit better today Shae.. i hate drinking lots of fizzy sugary drinks, i always feel so bleughh after! Gut rot as my Mum would call it lol! Party sounded good though, hope the fireworks were fab :)

Pretty, being pg in the silly heat, you would always find me in the car with the ac going lol i just couldn’t cope last summer! Glad u got ac in your apt though :) Lovely pics of you & Alex, he has your eyes:hugs: Lol @ SO’s baby movement reaction.. men are so funny! If someone asked him how many wks you are would he know? My SO was rubbish at that haha id be like 30 wks or something & he be like ‘Love, your what 24/25wks now aren’t you??’ Errrrm no! Lol! #eyeroll!

Riley had a day in his new teachers class yesterday at school, goes into year 3 in September :) He’s so excited bless him!

Not alot going on here atm tbh, im off to a baby group this morning with one of my School mummy friends, her baby boy is 12 days younger than Hayden, hoping its fun, you get cups of tea & biscuits there apparently woop! Also found out yesterday that from September (after Nuala turns 3 in August) we qualify for 30hrs free childcare for her yeeessssss!!! Get in :)

Especially in that photo of you both, they look the same, still.. lovely pics though :hugs:

Just sat in garden atm trying to even out my awful tan lines lol! Off to do school run shortly & both kiddies are currently snoozing! Baby group was actually quite nice, lots of babies the same age & all dribbly ha ha

Kitty- OMG!!! How terrifying! I'm glad you and your family are okay.

Pretty- We're lice free! It was like lice Armegeddon at my house for the past 9 days. But I'm happy to report that we've nipped it fully. It was a nightmare, and it makes me way paranoid about school starting again. I'll be doing head checks on all of us once a week from here on out.

CB- It's pretty hot here too. Phew!

Pretty, sounds like you've had quite a busy time. Good luck with so getting his paperwork all ready.

Wookie, yay for being lice free! Quite the feat, I do believe girls are more likely to bring those home then boys. I remember bringing them home from ballet class because we had a dance routine where we all stuck our heads together!

Cb,hope the weather is cooling down a bit at your place. Send some over, we are planning on meeting family at the beach tomorrow and so far the sun barely is peaking through the clouds.

Shae: I agree gut rot ;) your body is probably having a hard time processing all the sugars giving you that blah feeling. Try drinking just water for a few weeks and you'll probably feel a ton better . How is SO doing with his ongoing issues?

Afm: some days the kids sleep at the same time, others they alternate. I like it either way, for the time the boys get together and individual time.
Baby E is already trying to crawl at 4 months....as in he's pushing forward when we put our hands behind his feet. He pulls his legs under him and pushes himself around backwards. Dang that child is early.....

Just skimmed through super quick + few things caught my eye, but will read back properly in abit!

CBD oil, I take it.. it helps. Few drops under the tongue as and when, it’s meant to be good for all sorts of things but I take it for pain.

Handmaids Tale omg it’s addictive! I found the first two series and binge watched them when Theo was born (single parent to 4 kids binge watching is impossible that’s how good it was! Literally neglected my kids for a few days..) we’ve just got series 3 here now think we’re 4th episode in.. it’s the best.

Shae your hair looks so beautiful! I love you as a red head really suits you x

Pretty LOVE the name Matthew, I very nearly had it for Theo. He didn’t have a name until he was a day old, then at 2 days old me and my mum kept saying he looked like a Matthew. Scan pics are super cute !

My weird faint lines ages ago turned into nothing, Kit mentioned about having faint lines on a pregnancy test when ovulating, my AF tied in with that second lots of positive OPKs so I was actually ovulating then instead x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->