General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Kitty, yes. I have found the potty helps. It moves with us through out the day, living room to outdoors to his bedroom..the more we keep it in sight, the better his chances are of remembering to use it. Plus if we are on the road and he declares he has to pee, he's got a spot to go besides the road (so the theory). He doesn't give a long notice yet !
Like dobs said, the big toilet can be a lot more intimidating to use. L refuses to use it with me, but has a few times with DH now.

Dobs,sorry to hear summer school isn't great... Hope you get at least a better paycheck for the larger classes!

Pretty,yay for awesome ultrasound and house shopping going another step forward.

Midnight here,I better fall asleep now

4 am here, I better fall asleep now :help::rofl::dohh:
I hope once I’m a real adult (like out of college and paying rent/bills etc) I’ll be able to get my circadian rhythm back on track cuz my sleep schedule is NOT healthy, if I was going to bed at midnight every night now I’d be so proud of my discipline. I probably feel so crappy all the time cuz my sleep schedule is so messed up.
(Not trying to downplay midnight being late for some people, that’s totally valid and much more healthy)

I just ate an entire pint of gelato while watching the new episode of the handmaid’s tale that came out 4 hours ago. My stomach is upset with me now, I feel like I have something in my throat and I’m nauseous :dohh: Probably acid reflux, considering I’m lying down and it got noticeable when I laid down.
I’m actually trying to gain weight back (which is why I’m eating ice cream often) cuz I lost some accidentally and I just look like I lost some boob. I don’t have much other fat to lose, so it comes out of the boobs and butt. Gotta remind myself that my higher weight is still low normal range for my height. I’ve never hit 140 lbs before and I’m kinda terrified to see that number on the scale for some reason so I’d rather just be like 138 but I gotta get over it cuz I’m 5’8”, I can’t be 110 lbs and healthy (I’d be in a hospital). I know people say don’t gain weight just to get boobs cuz you shouldn’t sacrifice your health for aesthetics, but the higher weight isn’t at all unhealthy for me. It’s not overweight, it’s smack dab in the middle of the healthy range. Okay I’m rambling. Time for bed.

PL lol that’s funny. My old district paid twice as much for smaller classes and a prep in their summer school :(. We had 30m of library prep and 30m after school of paid paid. Same hours. It’s rrally unfortunate because honestly every student is either an English Learner or Resource or both. So in a gen ed class, I’d have 5 max. I could pull small group for everything I do. But when your whole class struggles with everything you’re trying to teach it’s just exhausting. It’s not beneficial to the students and goes against their iep. I also have to keep A in daycare an extra 10 weeks now after factoring in what my ex had to pay (that he doesn’t) I only make like $500 before taxes

Temp dropped back down again :( although I was temping off an hour of sleep cuz my dad woke me up at 7 am asking if I wanted to go to the grocery store :saywhat: Either way I think that should’ve made my temp falsely higher not lower so I’m accepting the drop as correct.

Dobs yikes they definitely shouldn’t be allowed to give you classes full of different IEPs that are impossible to all follow at once, that’s crappy. And the pay shouldn’t be so shitty, jeez. They just give you a ton of bullcrap as teachers, huh?

CB - Ya, the last pic is each foot. Have fun at the sports day. :)

shae - Ya, I know. It was late and I was tired when I posted them and couldn't be bothered to crop the pics. I'm sure this is a safe place and they'll be lost in the deep recesses of this thread in a couple weeks. lol. Anyone is free to add me on FB.

Sorry guys been reading along but just been down in the dumps. My heart is breaking thinking about going back to work tomorrow. I don't feel ready but I gave to go. I know it'll get easier but ugh... I thought it'd be easier going back this time as I know the sitter but S is such a clingy babe. I wimped oit on sleep training her. Going to wait until her 4 month checkup. 1 thing is she'll undergo huge change with me going back to work. secondly don't want to sleep train with fireworks going off like crazy in the next week. 3rd I want to start on a Friday and lastly I want her to be able to self soothe some.

Anyways will try to reply better next time

Pretty okay, as long as you know and don’t care, it’s all good.

Flueks :hugs: I’m sorry you’re having a rough time, I’m sure it’s insanely hard to leave your baby to go back to work.

Flueks big hugs hun :hugs: I actually found it more harder going back to work after i had Nuala than what i did with Riley, like you say it will get easier but its still hard.. Im sure Serena will settle ok :hugs:

Shae thank you. It is definitely hard. Hope you figure out your cycle soon.

CB thanks, i wasn't expecting it to be harder. Ugh she only drank like 1 oz in 11 hours. She's quite resistant to the bottle. She'll get better though.

Didn't have time to fret at work it was insanely busy for me. Phone is being crappy, update later

Flueks- Massive hugs, sweetie. I was utterly heartsick over having to go back to work after having Char. It was a lot tougher with her...I knew she was my last, she was the only one I was breastfeeding, and I just felt like going back to work was cheating me of my precious snuggle time with her. It's hard.

Gigs- I know I told you that my kids are all good sleepers, but I am a different story. I haven't slept worth a crap since I've had Char nearly 20 months ago. I go to bed right after the kids, but then I wake up around 2 a.m., sometimes earlier, and then I can't go back to sleep. As a teacher, this lack of sleep is murder. I tried some OTC Unisom, but I didn't feel well-rested from that at all. It sucks, and it does effect everything. My own anxiety skyrockets, which then triggers my Meniere's Disease. Ducks bad.

Shae- Mmm gelato. I was bad last night, and my oldest suggested "breakfast for supper", so I made homemade waffles with blueberry topping and whipped cream, a long with little sausages. It was so unhealthy and decadent, but I don't even care. The kids loved it.

PL- Char is way obsessed with all things potty-related. She so much tries to keep up with the older two. She was parading around in nothing but her diaper yesterday, and she told me, "I go potty." And she marched into the bathroom, I put her on the big potty (we use a ring seat, although we have a little potty too...my other two just went on whichever one they preferred), and after about a minute, she peed! It was her first time. I made a cute little video for my DH, but it may be too long to share on here...I'll try.

Omg, girls. We are experiencing the nightmare of all nightmares here at my house...my oldest daughter and I have head lice. She got it from someone in her after-school program at school, and our stylist discovered them while giving us haircuts last Sunday. It is a disaster, and I was (and still am) mortified. So, all 5 of us were treated, I'm washing bedding daily, stuffed animals are all bagged up, vacuuming like a mad woman, and now we're doing the daily nit combing with conditioner. I think both H and I are close to kicking it entirely, but holy crap, I never want to experience this again. I bought 2 liters of that Fairytale Repel shampoo and conditioner, and the detangling spray, and I have extra Nix treatment stuff on hand, a long with tea tree oil. Uhhhhh. It's no fun, for real.

On top of that disaster, Oscar puked randomly around 4 a.m. yesterday, and just did not feel well. He seemed better as the day went on, but so I think today he'll be okay. Fun stuff.

Wookie, oh no on the headlice! I remember bringing those home from ballet class when I was young, mom wasn't thrilled but with special medicated shampoo and a special comb they were gone in no time. Just lots of combing of the hair with a super fine comb through wet hair and that got rid of the eggs too.
Hope Oscar's throw up was just a random thing!

Flueky, hope it becomes easier for you to go to work, especially as she gets used to the bottle.

Dobs, sorry pay sucks especially when it sounds like you have to do more work. No wonder the union goes on strike, not that the teachers can afford days off work.

Afm, kids are well, L is doing better. Someone suggested earlier nap time and we've been trying to do that and I think that is part of a better sleep/going to sleep routine and a calmer less melt down child.

Wookie i know. I feel like with how attached she is to me which may or may not be related to bf made it so hard this time.

Omg I hope you can nip it in the bud, the lice that is. I hate parasites like that. Bed bugs scare me so much more though, then scabies, and then lice. I actually dreamt last night I was sitting on a couch with a family that had lice and I was thinking of putting mayo in my hair like in that episode of the office. :haha: just remember you are not dirty because you got lice, they actually prefer clean hair. I actually had a hard time with lice when I was 5 to 6. My poor mom, she finally got rid of it for me. I think it was just I was exposed to it all the time for awhile that I couldn't escape until I got away as they kept coming back after the treatments.

Hope Oscar is feeling better. Oh and that's amazing about Char and the potty :)

Pacific thank you. She drank some more yesterday and that helps. Glad earlier nap is helping L :)

AFM S drank 5 oz yesterday so an improvement. Sitter gave my ebm via syringe and then did a bottle later. S is taking naps without being held for sitter and DH. So I have hopes that sleep training will go well next month. I will miss the cuddles but will love having some freedom and having bed back for DH and me.

Work was hella busy the past 2 days. The ridiculousness is too much to type. It definitely made returning hard in one way but kept me busy enough not to worry constantly. In good news I fit back in my pre pregnancy work pants so that's awesome. They are pretty tight but my shirts are nice and flowy so I they hide my muffin top :haha:

Ultimate kick in the teeth, I’ve just had a lady ask me if I’m expecting again, then after I said no go on about how I should try for a second soon :cry: so now I feel both fat and useless because I seemingly can’t get pregnant right now

Last edited:
Kit it's not your fault. People really stink with their words sometimes. I got the "was it planned?" A few times with S. It was but even if it wasn't it wasn't their business. :hugs:

Awww, Kitty. I'm sorry about that lady's thoughtless remarks. I think those type of questions should be off limits...you never know what someone is going through. Honestly, if it happens again, I'd shut it down with a comment about your twin loss. If that doesn't shame someone into rethinking that line of commentary towards another, then I don't know what will. I pray you get a bfp here in the upcoming months. Every time you look at your little girl, remember that she represents what IS possible.

Wooks oh nooo.. re the lice! They’ll be gone in notime at all! Like Flueks said, they only like clean hair so theres nothing dirty there hun! Hows Oscar doing now?

Big hugs Kitty! I think some people just cant help themselves & don’t really pick their wording right & dont stop to think well maybe they are trying?! Please dont take it to heart & you are most def not a fatty luvvy :)

I still get the random comment of ‘wow 3.. you got your hands full, was he planned?’ Erm bugger off, none of ye business!

Flueks im glad Serena drank some more ounces & sleeps better with the sitter & hubs, no doubt its because she cant smell you & your boobs for comfort :hugs: its a bittersweet situation isnt it but it’ll be nice having bed space & cuddle time with hubs <3

Shae, looks like you have ovulated now :) FF stalking lol.

Im having a crappy cycle this month, from CD1 i have spotted & bled for what seemed like forever & then i had like 6/7 days clear & now i been spotting again & awaiting Period anyday now! Thing is its spotting so light its only there when i wipe but when i dont wear anything it then appears everywhere pfft! looks a teeny bit too much for just a panty liner, so i am wearing ultra thin Towels & its just making my bits sore ffs! And its so bloody uncomfy in this heat bleughh!

Rileys sports day went well, was super hot & i got sunburnt urgh.. so now i have awful tan lines on my back that i need to even out! Riley did well, got 2nd place in a couple of activities which he was chuffed with :)

Having a mini heatwave here, kids aren’t sleeping great because of the hot nights although Hayden only seems to stir once now in the night around 4ish zzzZ

Last edited:
Wooks oh no re: lice, that sounds terrible! I’ve never had lice and I’m definitely a bit terrified of it, the process of getting rid of it seems so grueling. Hopefully you can get rid of it quickly, I’m sure it’s no fun at all.

Kitty that’s so rude of them! I wonder if she asked if you were pregnant again because of E’s age or you were feeling unwell, because I highly doubt you look pregnant. From the pics I’ve seen of you, you’re very slim. Either way, super uncalled for of her to comment on it and on how you should be having another. People tend to forget about miscarriages and difficulties with conceiving when talking to other people, it’s like they think if you wanted to be pregnant it would happen immediately or something. They really have to be more aware of those possibilities before commenting (so that they don’t comment).

Flueks yay for having your bed back! Sorry things were so busy at work but glad it helped you not worry about S because you were too occupied. If lice only like clean hair that probably explains why I never got it as a kid :rofl: I didn’t exactly wash my hair every day lol

CB yikes sorry about the spotting, that sounds like no fun at all. I swear it’s whenever I’m not prepared I need a liner and when I wear one I don’t need it. When on the pill I was using a menstrual cup and it never leaked when I wore a liner and one day I didn’t wear a liner cuz I thought I clearly didn’t need to, and my underwear was soaked in blood when I went to the bathroom, somehow it didn’t get on my pants, thank god. So I always wore a liner after that just in case.
Sorry about the sunburn, I usually only get mild ones but I’ve had 2 bad ones in my life and they were absolute hell, I was on pain meds and just wanted to sleep so I wouldn’t feel the horrendous pain. Hopefully yours isn’t painful!
Glad Riley did well in the activities, 2nd place is great!
Sorry about the heatwave, I’ve heard all of Europe is having a heatwave but don’t know if that’s true? Sleeping in the heat is awful, especially if it’s humid. It’s crazy humid in the summer where I live.
And yes, it seems I did indeed ovulate!

AFM, like CB noticed, I finally ovulated. FF tried to put my O date on CD31, 2 days before my huge rise rather than 1 day so I tweaked the CD32 temp a smidge to fix it cuz I’m pretty sure I ovulated on CD32. The rise on CD33 was crazy high cuz I was drinking that night, so it should’ve been around where the next 2 temps are I’m pretty sure. I’m glad I brought my thermometer that night cuz I was sleeping over at SO’s place and I nearly forgot to bring it, but I figured O was imminent so luckily I grabbed it.

Work yesterday was insane, I was only there for 4.5 hours but it felt like 8, even though it was crazy busy. It was nuts, we had a ton of big groups come in and it took ages to get two tables next to each other for each group so of course people got mad. We were on a wait for most of my shift, even before 5 pm. I managed to not get a migraine until I was driving home, so I ate food and went to bed and got a decent night’s sleep. I have work again today 2-8, which means I should get a break during which I can get food (we get 50% off meals during our shift, I paid under $5 for a full meal last week), but I’m worried I won’t have time because it’s Sunday and the halfway point in my shift is 5 pm so we’ll be on the dinner rush. Wish me luck.

Update: I did not get a break :rofl:

SO and I built a window screen for me on Friday, because for some odd reason my window didn’t have one which meant it got zero ventilation and I couldn’t open it at night during the summer months. So now it’s installed, and I can open my window without a swarm of mosquitoes entering my room. I meant to do that project last summer and it never happened, so I’m glad we finally got to it.

Whilst we were staying with the in laws last night 2 men attempted to break into their home, the only reason they didn’t succeed was that I was only dozing not fully asleep and went to investigate the odd noises. I’m actually really shaken up, not just because of them trying to break in but just how quiet it was, I originally thought someone was just downstairs getting a drink until it was taking too long and I wondered what was happening. If I was fully asleep they would have succeeded. I haven’t slept all night and even though I’m shattered I can’t seem to sleep far too scary, you never think it will happen to you!

Last edited:
Holy junk balls Kit. I’d be scared too. My mom thinks I’m nuts because I refuse to sleep at home without my dogs. I know they’ll bark like crazy if anybody touches any entries and I know they’ll fight for me. They’re not the biggest dogs but they are fiercely loyal. Also why I’m kind of glad to have a bedroom upstairs and I always sleep with the door and window locked. If it’s unbearably hot, I crack the window but the dogs are in between my bed and the window.

Re the comment I agree but tbh I was one of those people before joining bnb. My family has had a few m/c and infant deaths, but we don’t talk about it. So I grew up thinking making babies was easy. I didn’t even really understand all the injections my mom got in prep for ivf. Just that she got injections. But yeah that sucks and I know I think of all the passive aggressive comebacks after the fact but in the moment it’s so cripppling. Big hugs

Shae yay for a screen!

I know I missed a lot sorry but g2g to bed

Users who are viewing this thread

• Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    gaiangel
    Back
    monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"