General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Kitty then she’s probably fine but I’d call the doctor at some point just to be sure. Always better safe than sorry!

I agree. It’s worth mentioning if it concerns you. I second Shae though, and any doctor would see she clearly isn’t starved and you are not a bad mom. A is 29lbs. He’s much higher in percentile for weight than height. I get grilled every time we go in. I’m like this kid is active all the live long day. He does two hours of gym each weekend plus another five running around parks or beaches. Kid is not fat. He’s built like a football player like all the men in both sides of his family. You just have to know your truth. I know my friends kid used to outweigh A, but in the last year he’s overtaken her by a lot. I forget exactly where she’s at now, but it’s solidly much less than A. Not even close.

Kitty, Tilly only weighs around... I don’t even know... I want to say 26lbs? But I remember her basically not putting on any weight for like a year and seemed to be stuck at 23lbs! I wasn’t too worried though. Now I’m wondering whether I should be. I was always really skinny as a child but ultimately turned out fine so I will like it’s probably all fine. I guess I’ll see what the doc says at her three-year checkup in a few weeks.

Kitty eeeeee im so excited for you & your scan tomorrow :hugs: My sister suffered awful sickness with her last Baby so much so that she was lighter in weight after she had him than she was pre-pg lol!

Most people i know that have had girls, they always seem to be very petite & slow down with growth & minimal weight gain, Nualas eating isn’t brilliant tbh, she’ll eat brekkie & pig out on lunch but wont really eat anything for afternoon tea/dinner time unless is involves Chips #eyeroll but she doesnt seem to have grown at all in the last year, she’s so tiny but girls are alot smaller in growth/weight gain than Boys - well i have found this! Riley & Hayden are chubber lil porkers as youngens & toddlers, Boys generally are bigger as babies, their body frames are completely diff to girls.. i wouldnt stress about it but you could always give your health visitor a call hun, has Evie had her 2yr health visitor check yet? Nuala was 2.5yrs when she had hers... on the smaller centile but generally within her BMI apparently

No one called to see her about a 2 year check up, I tried asked and they said they would be get to me then just never did! She was playing with another little girl her age (well slightly older) on thursday, I’ll post a picture without the other little girls face in it so you can see the size difference, it’s crazy!

A4F204BD-EBE0-44BB-9D2E-03C0AF0CEAFE.jpeg

CB are things any better right now? Glad to see you back :)

Shae how's classes going?

Kitty, looks like E is on the normal to shorter side. It's probably just her normal body size and weight by genetics. V is huge for her age, but DH and I are tall so it's in her genes to be taller and a bit heavier due to her height . She was 29 lbs at 2 year check up, but she was also just over 3 feet tall. She is starting to fit into 4t. She is not your average sized 2 year old but she is still normal just like it sounds E might be smaller than average 2 y.o. but she's normal ;)

Charlotte's only on the 20th percentile for weight, and in the 29th for height. We must just have petite little gals, huh?

Here's some Halloween pics (late):

Ozzy's Miles Morales from Spiderman
Hannah's Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony
Char is some weird Llama/unicorn thing...

20191031_173014.jpg 20191031_173806.jpg 20191031_174316.jpg

Pretty, I loved the pics from your birth! You will cherish those forever. Your boys' Halloween costumes were sweet!

Kitty...so sorry you're feeling icky. I don't miss the pregnancy sickness. It's awful.

Dobby- How beautiful is your son, seriously!!! Those curls!!!!!

Thank you guys for all the support regarding Evie, I do think she’s fine, just little, I spoke to my cousin (a health visitor) and she said it really isn’t anything to worry about, it’s just she’s so active and never stops!

All went well with the scan, nub theory suggests another girl but I honestly think it could go either way!

3E80B60E-6C3A-4E6C-980C-D933C14147B2.jpeg CBBA969B-51BF-4710-AFCA-49DA3DFE7611.jpeg

Last edited:
Flueks classes are going well! I’m very stressed but my grades are fine so it’s good enough for me.

Wooks such cute costumes!

Kitty awwww yay for ultrasound! Do you have a preference for gender this time around?

kitty - Glad to hear your scan went well. And I'm sure everything's fine with Evie. Can't really comment from my own experience though. Alex was a little over 3' at his 2 year check up and 31.5lbs. And I expect Matthew to be a big boy too. lol

wookie - Aww, they look so cute. :)

AFM, Matthew was 10lbs 13oz when he was weighed at 17 days old. The MW said he seems to be doing really well, so his next appt isn't til the 28th, when he'll be exactly a month old. I fully expect him to be well over 11lbs, despite the fact that I dunno if I'm making enough milk. I'm able to pump maybe around 6-10 fl oz on top of feedings (due to time restraints, not lack of supply), but he wants to feed for a while sometimes. Maybe it's cluster feeding. Maybe he's not getting enough. Maybe it's just a comfort thing. He can sleep for decent stretches though, so he's probably fine. FX I can keep it up for at least 10 months, like with Alex, but I'm also already looking forward to when he starts solids. lol. Speaking of Alex, he only has 2 more days of subsidy-covered daycare before we start paying for him to be part-time next week. And I'm already wondering what I'm supposed to do with him at home 2 extra days a week, especially since the weather is just gonna be getting colder. But I'll figure it out, I guess. He seems to be getting better by the day with Matthew. It's still just little interactions, but they're sweet. And I'm doing ok. Healing nicely and quickly, as far as I'm concerned. Been able to get out a few times to run quick errands while my mom watches Matty. Still have a bit of paperwork to do here and there, but I hope to have that done soon. And no house hunting news.

78220969_10156973992283095_2456915726481489920_o.jpg 77096703_10156972161323095_3088694231628251136_n.jpg

Awww Kitty lovely scan piccy my love <3 It does look quite girly but i guess u never know hehe! Were your dates spot on or has your due date moved at all?

Pretty good to hear your healing well & baby Matthew seems to be feeding well :) loving the cute Batman onesie pic hehe! I bet Alex seems huuuge in comparison to him now even though hes still a lil un, I remember Gigs saying after she was changing Lev’s nappy in comparison to Myles he seemed like a fully grown man lol! Or something along those lines :haha:

Wookie i love your photos of Halloween dress up hehe very cute :hugs: hope you are well aswell

Thanks Flueks, yeah things are a lil better & getting there but not brilliant.. not helping the fact that’s Hayden still in our bedroom & now Nuala climbs over her stairgate & waltz’ in our bedroom in the middle of the night! Then she cries & screams when we take her back upstairs, shes really testing our patience atm & then she wakes Hayden & Riley up!

Your photos you were tagged on fb were lovely of you & your wee family, cant believe how much Serena has grown now its crazy :) Hows Serenas sleeping at night now? Is she good with the childminder?

Dobby A's fall pics look wonderful!!! He is so cute with that curly hair.

Pretty I'm glad things seem to be going well. Holy crap, 6 to 10 oz after feeding?! I feel a touch jealous. I seem to produce an oz per hour between both breasts so I wouldn't be able to produce that unless I go a long time between feeding or pumping. Then again an oversupply has it's own problems so I should be thankful for my just enougher status.

Awesome on his weight gain. S wasn't quite 17lbs when I weighed her at 8.5 months. She is small weight wise but creeping up the percentiles.

CB you're welcome. I hope they continue to improve. Thank you, they are great photos and I'm anxious to see the rest, I should get them Monday. I know she's starting to take off in her growth. She's always been tall compared to her weight but seems both are creeping up now. She's been sleeping from 7 to 530 or 630 for around a month now and I'm too lazy to wake for a middle of thenight pump. She is great for our sitter too. My only issue is they want me to increase the amount in her bottles but I can't keep up with that. I've read bf babies only drink max 4 oz at a time even when they're older like S.

AFM really quick update as the girls have both woken and DH is working. 1. We may not ttc a 3rd, just going to wait to readdress. 2. I'm waiting to transition to a new positionat work, I'll be able to work from home 3 days a week! I'm very excited for this opportunity:)

I got moved forward 3 days, but Evie was moved forward 2 days so I’m not worried!

I am surprised that I’m feeling a bit disappointed with the girly nub, even though it’s not definite I’m still a little sad about the possibility of not having a boy and I didn’t think I would be! Lewis has already said absolutely not to a third, because he wouldn’t want to try for a third and end up with 3 girls. Obviously it’s not set in stone and there is a possibility that this one could be a boy but yeh I just don’t know really. I’m shocked to be feeling gender disappointment because I genuinely thought I didn’t mind!

Hi ladies,
Sorry for the selfish post- I do always quietly read along.

Just saw how far gone you were in your ticker kit and my first thought was ooh perfect timing for nub theory! So glad u posted a pic I’m always zooming in on people’s scans looking for the nub lol , agreed looking very girly, long and forked x

So I’m booked in for some sort of contraception next week (thinking of the copper coil?) would love to hear anyone’s experiences, anyway I’ve just started having sex again. Once last Friday night/early hrs sat morning. Took this because I had 3 tests in the drawer and of course it had s faint something , and I always like to share with you all lol CD 24 I think? But since having Theo my cycles have ranged from 23 days to 46 days being the longest x

95CAC81E-7446-44A7-A123-AF029116A188.jpeg

Keeps I do see something, mostly on the top one. Do you mean you DTD a week before yesterday and Friday? So you could be 7-8 dpo? I would test again to see if there’s more of something

Keeps I also see something but I had very similar looking tests that gave me a number of false positives when we were ttcing this one xx

Keeps, I do see something on both of those tests, and on my screen, neither are squinters. Time will tell!

I think I’ve had it before though where ovulation gave a line on a hpt. I don’t have anymore and would normally be first to order some, but I don’t really think it was anything x

***TRIGGER WARNING***

I’ve just received a 1/340 chance of Down syndrome on the NT combined test. Just above the cut off for NHS diagnostic testing. I’m freaking out. I know I won’t be able to handle A Down syndrome child. I just can’t do it, I feel like all my dreams are being shattered right in front of me. I’m an awful person for this I know, but i want to get the harmony test because if it comes back positive I’m 99% sure I’d get an abortion. I’m in floods of tears and absolute panic because I know this makes me a fucking god awful person/mother but I just know that I wouldn’t be able to handle it. I can’t even speak to one for 10 seconds let alone care for one for life! I’m so scared right now, I never thought I’d get an abortion, ever. But I’m genuinely considering it. I couldn’t put it up for adoption because it would be Evie’s full sibling and no one adopts Down syndrome kids, they just don’t. I’m so conflicted and feeling so terrible I just don’t know what to do

I’m not even sure why I’m writing this I just need to talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->