General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Thanks Shae :)

Awww Dobby cute piccys hehe!

Kitty im glad all is going ok atm :hugs: pg sickness is rubbish but all for a good thing, did u have this much sickness with Evie?

Kit oh no! That sucks having to go in when you feel poorly :(. Hopefully next tri is less rough

Cb hugs I’m glad things on are the mend but I get it. It’s draining. Takes time to recover.

Shae sorry about the long a* cycle!

Pretty officially congrats! Glad you had a home birth and were able to still celebrate Halloween!

Thanks Shae :)

Awww Dobby cute piccys hehe!

Kitty im glad all is going ok atm :hugs: pg sickness is rubbish but all for a good thing, did u have this much sickness with Evie?

I was sick a lot with Evie but i never had problems with food, I wanted to eat and could eat whatever but just I threw up a lot, this time a lot of food makes me feel ill and I don’t want to eat and when I do I still throw it up so it’s a lot harder because nothing even tastes like food

Ohhh food aversions aswell! I had that with Nuala it was awful! I couldn’t eat Ham, Pesto, coffee was another & a few others uhh! Feel your pain hun, hugs! I couldn’t even stand feeding our Cats their wet cat food it made me gag most mornings lol!

Ah Dobby A’s preschool/daycare photos are sooooo cute <3 The last pic with his cheeky cute smile is heart melting :)

Shae thats a loooooong cycle im sorry.. do u still have your iud fitted?

A latest photo of Hayden & his lil friend who is 6wks younger, Hayden is on the right :)

Honestly cb he’s probably laughing cuz he’s thinking about throwing that pumpkin at the photographer because he’s really into throwing things/being silly rn :rofl:

Hayden’s hair and expression are priceless! That’s so nice to have a friend so close in age.

I have a headache. I hate daylight savings lol. I had to get blackout curtains and learned the hard way about wall studs. So it’s only secured by 3/4 screws lol. We got up at 5 instead of 4 though. So overall win I guess

HAhaha that’s cracked me up Dobby :haha: I remember Riley went through a stage of hitting & throwing things, if I could see he was gonna slap another child il intervene but then he would look to throw something eek lol! Thank goodness that stage passed real quick!

UK had the clocks go bk an hr the other wknd & its thrown off Haydens sleeping pfft! But in the Spring when they went forward an hr, Nuala took HOURS to switch off & pass out at bedtime as it was so light still!

Has anyone here had experience of night terrors for toddlers/preschool age? Nuala has been awful going to bed this past wk or so & crying uncontrollably etc , eventually falls asleep & then wakes early doors like 3/4am up crying & wanting cuddles & then she wakes Hayden who doesn’t wake until 4:30ish usually urhhhh!! Im so tired! SO has brought her into our bed a couple of times but im worried shes gonna do that out of routine now like back when she was 1/2yrs old! You settle her, leave the room & she just cries into screaming ohhhhhhhhhhh :(

Aiden just has nightmares. But it’s better now. My friends kid is having night terrors after having been a fantastic sleeper for over a year. She’d be out 7-7. But she also started to hate her dad. She she only has night terrors on days when she either hears people talk about him, she knows he’s coming to visit, or she sees him.

Does she have a lovey? I just talked to my OT about a weighted blanket for Aiden because so many people brought it up but she was very hesitant to suggest one, even with his sensory seeking behavior. Hopefully it passes soon!

Right! The teacher at daycare started teaching him to play catch so it’s like he throws everything now lol. It’s hilarious and terrifying

Tilly has had night terrors on and off for a while now. Since she sleeps with us, it’s super jarring when she suddenly screams right next to me while I’m sleeping. Most of the time she stays asleep but shouts stuff in her sleep while upset (actually it’s more like sleep tantrums, judging by the content), but once it was a totally panicked blood curdling scream and lots of crying that really freaked me out and she needed rocking back to sleep. The other day she said she dreamed that Daddy went out running with her and then ran off and left her. Poor thing. She often claims to dream about monsters eating her, but I’m skeptical about that one because she likes monsters.

Maybe it’s a developmental thing? They’re starting to process that the world is actually freaking terrifying but haven’t learned to regulate that fear so it comes exploding out in dreams?

Jez I distinctly remember having a nightmare when I was a kid (maybe 3-4 years old) in which my mother abandoned me at a mall. I’m pretty sure it’s a normal fear/nightmare for that age. I don’t remember worrying about that happening outside that dream, so I’d say Dobs’ theory makes sense. It’s so weird that I remember a select few nightmares from my childhood. When I was like 4, I had the falling dream, and I remember that I was sitting on my bed, the bed was falling, and the walls of the void were white. I also had a dream that I was being chased by ghosts and they caught me and tickled me, which was terrifying because I hate being tickled. My parents thought it was hilarious, but I was unamused :rofl:

She has a couple of cuddly Teddy’s that she loves but now we cant get her in the bed at bedtime, she gets all upset?! I wonder if she had awful couple of dreams & now she doesn’t want to go to bed to sleep incase of same dream maybe?!! Shes fallen asleep in sofa now 3 nights running & tbh I’m getting a lil bit annoyed with it, it took us 2yrs to get to to stop crying when waking at night, i hope its not a habit thing starting... her childminder said it could very well be a developmental thing esp with starting preschool etc.. their lil brains dont stop when they’re asleep

Oh Jez that must be horrible esp when shes right there snoozing in between you both bless her

Lol is A’ good at catching Dobs? Nuala cups her hands lol

Shae haha that cracked me up! Id hate a dream of being tickled aswell how funny!

Everyone's Halloween costumes looked great. :)

CB - Sorry that Nuala is having night terrors. Alex will wake up in the middle of the night sometimes, crying, but it's usually when we stay at my place and he's in a room by himself, as opposed to right beside SO and me at his condo. So, I dunno if it's a terrors thing or an alone thing. Either way, one of us just goes in and comforts him until he falls back to sleep.
Hayden looks so cute. Was it a happy coincidence that they're both wearing stars?

Dobby - A's getting so big. :) Sorry that he kinda lost it so early into trick or treating.

kitty - That sucks that you're feeling so sick. FX it eases up really soon. Yay that your bleeding has stopped though.

AFM, working on getting used to this new normal. I feel like it wouldn't be so hard if SO and I already had our own place. Matthew is still not sleeping by himself at night, but it's still early days. At the moment, the only time that it seems like he's guarenteed to be sleeping around 6-9pm, so I can actually make dinner without being distracted. Otherwise, he's doing well. Likes to eat and is pretty good at keeping his milk down. At 10 days old, he was weighing 9lbs 15oz. 4oz down from his birth weight, so I expect him to be back up to (if not over) his birth weight at his next appt on Thursday. I feel like I'm recovering fairly quickly and well. And Alex seems to be warming up to the baby well too. :)

Oh, and here are Alex's school pics.

0379B.JPG 0380B.JPG 76732197_10156924006053095_3690547672399216640_n.jpg 75453443_10156935291718095_5638242215022034944_n.jpg

Lovely photos of your boys Pretty <3 I love the sleeping on daddy one :)

Hayden wasn’t sleeping at least 4/5 hrs straight until about 3/4 wks old & sleeping through around 8wks id say, that be 9pm-6am, id love it if he did that now haha! He sleeps 630ish - 4am zzzzzzzZ! No doubt bubba Matthews sleep will improve hun, i def recommend the ‘Little Ones’ app & sleep programmes if he doesn’t play ball lol

Im glad Alex is warming up to him though, its a shock to their system when they’re so little, they be so close growing up though, Nuala was 2yrs 4months when Hayden was born & she crawls around on the floor with him now haha :hugs:

Ooooh Kitty, when is your 12wk scan?? How u feeling now?

Hope everyone else is well xx

Lovely photos of your boys Pretty <3 I love the sleeping on daddy one :)

Hayden wasn’t sleeping at least 4/5 hrs straight until about 3/4 wks old & sleeping through around 8wks id say, that be 9pm-6am, id love it if he did that now haha! He sleeps 630ish - 4am zzzzzzzZ! No doubt bubba Matthews sleep will improve hun, i def recommend the ‘Little Ones’ app & sleep programmes if he doesn’t play ball lol

Im glad Alex is warming up to him though, its a shock to their system when they’re so little, they be so close growing up though, Nuala was 2yrs 4months when Hayden was born & she crawls around on the floor with him now haha :hugs:

Ooooh Kitty, when is your 12wk scan?? How u feeling now?

Hope everyone else is well xx

12 week scan is on the 18th, and I feel okay, lost 8lbs in 3 weeks but Ive only lost 1lb this week and I’ve only puked twice today so it’s definitely getting better!

bit worried about Evie, she’s not gained any weight (in fact she’s lost a little) in the last 6 months, she only weighs 23lbs, meaning she’s only gained about 5lbs in well over a year and 16lbs since she was born. But she eats all the time! Honestly it’s crazy how much she can demolish. I don’t want to be labelled a bad mum if I take her to the doctor, I don’t want them to think we’re not feeding her!!

Kitty based on your ticker she’s 26 months? According to the girls 0-36 month growth chart she’s at the 5th percentile for her age, but is she short? If so she might be a higher percentile by height. From a quick web search it’s possible that she’s not gaining because she’s becoming more active and losing the baby fat, BUT I would always say to err on the size of caution and just call your doctor, tell them she’s eating loads but hasn’t gained in 6 months, and see what they say. If she’s fatigued, lack of interest, missing milestones, etc. that’s a cause for concern. If she’s active and behaving normally then it might be nothing. But again, I’d call just to be safe.

she Is short yeh, she’s gone from 90th percentile at birth to 20th percentile now, she’s always hungry but she’s energetic and is not lethargic xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"