General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

So we’re starting ivf stims in 18 days! Amh and antral follicle count is great, we’ll see what happens. Now that the decision has been made and I know what the outcome of my bloodwork and follie count is, I’m much less stressed. For now at least...!

So we’re starting ivf stims in 18 days! Amh and antral follicle count is great, we’ll see what happens. Now that the decision has been made and I know what the outcome of my bloodwork and follie count is, I’m much less stressed. For now at least...!

good luck fern!! Hope everything goes well for you!!!

Fern, I hope it's successful! Good luck to you!

Keeps, how's the bleeding? How're your tests looking?

Thanks ladies x

Keeps was also wondering; any updates?

Hey ladies sorry for the slow update, will read back and reply properly in abit!

looks like it was a chemical, my tests stayed faint then went to almost negative Before I ran out of tests. Thankfully I only found out the day before I started bleeding, and I didn’t even believe that test as they had bad reviews. I’m still bleeding now, although can’t work out if it’s because of the pill or chemical. Before the pill my usual period would be around 3/4 days and be very light by about the second day. I’m currently on day 5 and it’s still red blood with no signs of stopping which is miserable.

The lighter test on the left was the most recent. I’ve ordered some cheapies today which I’m 99% sure will be totally negative.

A3AD9DF1-CA59-4967-830F-361D9EEEDC96.jpeg

Just popping in to say...
New England weather is nuts :rofl: If you don’t like the weather, wait an hour!

8690E49F-037D-4DE7-9236-C6EC04D8CFC7.jpeg

We’re having a heat wave and it’s so weird because yesterday it was in the 30s! I feel like I’m back in Florida! (I was in Orlando from the 5th to the 8th).

Anyway, sending love to Keeps in this rough time <3

Fern - Good luck!

Keeps - Again, so sorry that you're going through this. :(

Kitty - I agree with shae; get another ring that's a size larger for the time being. Either silicone or something cheap that looks real from afar.

shae - Damn, I was in Davenport, FL for a week and a half. We shoulda tried to meet up. lol

AFM, still haven't talked to SO about his thoughts on how he sees things going once we live together. Like, how the chores and stuff are gonna be divvied up, especially if/when I go back to work full time.
In other news, (I'll spare you the back story, but) SO volunteered the info that he 99.9% doesn't want more kids unless we could somehow guarentee my next pregnancy would be twin ginger girls. Kinda random, but I guess I can work with that. I can understand being in the mindset of "ugh, no more kids" when you already have a toddler and a young baby. So, I'll give it a little time and then try to convince that they only way to have any girl will be to just give it one more try.

Ivf is most probably off. Big surprise; the moment the possibility of pregnancy and him having to support me drew closer, he has decided (and told me) he will not support me emotionally through this journey, I’m “crazy” if I feel anxious at all, there is too much “wrong with me” and he is talking about splitting up again. Whyyyyy am I married to such a fucked up man. When things are good and stable he is calm (although distant) but the moment money or other support is needed he acts like he is single and I’m an unwelcome visitor in his house. My previous pregnancy and G’s baby years were an emotional hell for me due to him. I thought things had changed but clearly not.

Keeps...I don't know where you're at in terms of your emotions regarding the chemical, but in any case, I'm sorry...a loss is a loss. I guess the silver lining is that you now have clarity on the situation. The pill can do screwy things to your cycle the first few months, which may prolong the bleeding a bit, but hopefully it will subside over the next several days.

Fern- Oh, no....I am so sorry things have taken this turn. You deserve much better than this. Please take care.

Pretty- Yeah, give that time. Most men cannot fathom another baby while they already have a baby. It's overwhelming, really...I get it. I think you're right in letting your boys get a bit older, and then revisiting the idea of #3. My husband wanted nothing to do with a 3rd kid, and the ladies in here will tell you that I tried having an oopsie under the table for several months, and I then sucked it up, and gave up on the idea. Well, several months later, we actually did have a genuine "oopsie" baby, who was conceived when I was 39, 5 days prior to my actual ovulation day, on only one bd during the month...it was some kind of flukey miracle, I'm telling you! But once I told him we were pregnant again, he was shockingly happy and super excited, and we decided to remain on team green! So, give it time. Sometimes life makes other plans.

Hi ladies <3 just checking in. Very sad to say my Dad passed away yesterday morning. We are in a state of shock still as his diagnosis was just over 3 months ago. I was able to come to where my parents were and be there with my Mom immediately after so that was good. Riding the grief waves now but we have a great support system and I know we'll all be ok.

Fern, so sorry for that twist, however it sounds like it may be for the best. Better he show his true colors now than after you're pregnant and deal with his inflicted misery again.

Keeps ahhhh I am so happy another man could boost your confidence! Very sorry to hear about your loss. I think you're being very logical about it, feeling both telief and sorrow. That's a perfectly OK response.

Pretty, I would discuss the division of labor at home some time when you're both in good moods and he's more receptive to the conversation. And lots of men, especially younger, just straight up aren't good with babies. Hubs frankly sucked with ds1, but 5 years later he was amazing with ds2 :shrug:

Shae, we've had the same here -- a school-closing snow storm on Tuesday followed by warm 70f weather lol -- Virginia is known for weather mood swings!

Ok ladies, I have a long 2 hr drive home so I must get going. Sorry for anyone I missed and hope y'all are doing well, even with life's challenges <3 <3

Pretty aw dang, that would’ve been cool! But I was only there for 3 nights and had no time for excursions, SO has a friend in Florida (who moved there years ago) and he didn’t get to go see him because of how little time we had.
I bet having a baby right now is a huge part of how your SO is feeling. Sending love and clarity vibes.

Fern I’m so sorry. There’s nothing I can say that will ease your heartache right now. Just know that we’re here for you and we’re thinking of you.

Gigs I’m so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Last edited:
Gigs, my deepest condolences for you and your family. We're all thinking of you.

Fern - I'm so sorry for the emotional back and forth. :(

wookie - I've also considered having an "oopsie". He doesn't pay attention to my cycle, so it'd be easy enough to do. But I think I will wait til we're settled in the new house and then bring it up, with dates and a list of pros.

Gigs - So sorry to hear that. It's just about the 4 year anni of my dad passing suddenly, so I've been where you are. Just feel however you need to feel. Ride those waves and know that we're here whenever you need us. <3

AFM, not too much to report. Alex is going back to daycare tomorrow and I can already feel the clingyness and see those tears.
After a decade of not getting my hair cut professionally, I finally went to a salon and got it done. I told her she was welcome to feel my hair and tell me how damaged it was from years of bleach and heat and I was ok to lose some length as long as it still touched my shoulders. She went through my hair, dry, and cut where it needed it, but the longest piece she cut was maybe 2.5 inches. As much as I love my long hair, I was looking for something more drastic. So, I just had a shower and took another couple-ish inches off my length. No pics at the moment, but I'll post some next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->