General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

So crazy story. I’m lactating. I’m not pregnant. But if I squeeze my boobs, I get what looks like foremilk. My life is so goddamn weird. I called my doctor and I’m gonna get blood tests done this upcoming weekend. So yeah :rofl:

So crazy story. I’m lactating. I’m not pregnant. But if I squeeze my boobs, I get what looks like foremilk. My life is so goddamn weird. I called my doctor and I’m gonna get blood tests done this upcoming weekend. So yeah :rofl:
Oh wow shae that’s so weird! Could it be your contraception? Xx

Kitty it very well could be, I saw something about hormonal IUDs having a rare adverse effect of lactation. My doctor wants to make sure it’s not a prolactinoma or something else

Shae that's so weird, I have never heard of that! Please keep us posted!

Sorry I have barely posted, we've been quite busy. Both the boys are now in swim lessons, and we need to start putting our feelers out for Pre-K class for the older one. Dang where has time gone! Little guy just turned 1!!
We also just took a trip across the country, flying with both kids! Actually went extremely well, we planned ahead with tablets and snacks for entertainment. Only the little one let go of 4-5 short high pitched screams towards the last 30 minutes (of a 5 hour flight) of our first flight. In the row row across from us, but one ahead sat a man who got furious each time, giving me wild gestures, flailing arms, he really wanted to be seen. I just smiled and laughed at my 1 year old. All the other neighbors had been extremely friendly, one couple gifted us cheese for the kids and the ladies behind us even played with ds2 has he tried to play pekaboo with them. Stewardesses complimented us on well behaved children.

Kids had a great time in Ontario, lots of new experiences for the kiddos, cn tower, aquarium, skating on frozen canal, museum. Such a different lifestyle in the big city.

Dobs I’m going in to get labs drawn tomorrow. My NP had to collab with my OB/GYN to figure out what labs to draw and I have to get them drawn back at home, I’m at my college during the week so I have to wait for the weekend. I promise I’ll let you ladies know when I get the results!

Update: there was an issue with getting the labs this weekend so my NP is sending them to a lab near my school, and I’m getting them drawn on Monday. I also have an ultrasound next week on Sunday. Hopefully it all works out this time lol

Oh no Shae. Sorry things didn't go according to plan. Are you still lactating? I wonder if you have a cyst??

Flueks yup if I squeeze my breasts like I’m hand expressing I get milk. I could have a prolactin-secreting cyst possibly? It’s both breasts so it shouldn’t be cancer or anything, that would likely be a tumor on one side affecting the one breast. Hopefully this makes sense, I’m drunk right now :haha:

Update: got my lab results. Everything’s normal, even the prolactin. :shrug:

How is everyone?

Any news Shae?

Dobby how are you and A?

Kitty how's pregnancy going? Has your concerns about baby girl's size been addressed?

How is everyone?

Any news Shae?

Dobby how are you and A?

Kitty how's pregnancy going? Has your concerns about baby girl's size been addressed?

pregnancy going okay, they won’t scan me without a referral and midwife won’t send me for one, I’m working on wearing Lewis down for a scan, I got a £400 bonus this month so hoping that will sway him! Still fairly small but have seemed to pop a little this week which is promising

Ultrasound was today. Radiologist came right in to look at the images and told me everything looked totally normal and it’s probably just my IUD or hormone changes etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->