• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

It’s not just the economy it would cripple, it would cripple most of the country. I don’t know of many people who would be able to handle what may turn out to be months of lockdown without wages. I think most people would get into severe financial difficulty or lose their house during a lockdown. We wouldn’t be able to survive long, and we have relatively small bills for this country. We live well within our means but due to buying the house last year and buying the car too (aswell as the untimely demise of our TV and the need for the NIPT scan) we have no savings, we couldn’t have predicted this. And we are lucky we don’t live pay check to pay check, from what I can gather most do!

Last edited:
Yeah it's a horrible situation, basically a toss-up between a lot of people being financially crippled and a lot of people losing their lives (i.e., much more than would die from the virus otherwise). I think the government here is going to try to prop up those who'd be most materially affected, and the idea is to shut just about enough things down to keep the transmission rate at a level that hospitals can actually handle but without completely ****ing the economy. It does irk me though that people could be doing so much more on a personal level with these efforts that would make no difference to their actual livelihoods, but many people are refusing to take it seriously, and that'll be partly why more extreme measures will have to be taken.

Having a hard time keeping up. A and I have had fevers since Thursday, he was in the ER Saturday morning. He’s negative for flu and the common cold viruses. We can’t get a covid test. A doctor told me that unofficially there are multiple doctors at the clinic with Likely covid but they can’t get tested either. So they just told ya to quarantine. I have food and medicine thankfully. I was feeling weak early last week and stocked up on some stuff. But we’re quarantined at home alone because my brothers told my mom to kick me out before they come home in case I have it.

Yikes, sorry to hear that, Dobs. Quite a frightful situation with the testing, considering how many cases there must be that won't be diagnosed unless extremely severe. Other than the fever, are the two of you okay? We've been and still are sick over here too, but no fever luckily.

I’m ok. I’m just weak. My fever respond better to Advil. I only need it when I wake up and once in the evening.

Aiden is really struggling. He’s been on Motrin and Tylenol since Thursday to keep him at 100. His breathing and coughing is keeping him from sleeping well, so he’s inconsolable most of the day.

We’ll be fine. I think we hit peak crappiness already so can only go up from here

My family is now on self-quarantine because my parents went on a cruise a week ago and my mom is now coughing up a lung. She’s pretty sure it’s a cold but her NP told her to quarantine out of an abundance of caution. She doesn’t qualify for testing because she doesn’t have a confirmed contact... we don’t have enough tests around here. No wonder it’s spreading so damn fast. I have a cold but it seems very URI-like, not lower respiratory, so I’m pretty sure it’s just a little cold. Either way, I’m annoyed because my dad forgot to get stuff for St. Patrick’s day when he went shopping yesterday to get us through a potential quarantine (which hadn’t happened yet) and we can’t go to the store to get it lol. Highly considering sending SO to the store and having him drop the stuff off on my front doorstep hahaha. I don’t get to see him until quarantine is over which is incredibly frustrating. My little sister is already getting antsy after one day.

Yeah. I agree it’s more about slowing transmission to a treatable level. I was talking to a doctor yesterday, and she’s scared in three weeks we’ll be up shit creek like Italy.

I’m fortunate that with the new order from the governor, teachers are paid. But our subs are not. I know the daycare teachers are scared of losing hours as less kids come in.

Shae I hope your mom is alright. It’s the same with tests here. There are even doctors at the clinic who most likely have it and can’t get tested. We were told to quarantine but I’m wondering if it’s two week from our first symptom (11 days ago) or from the first fever (4 days ago) or From when they said isolate lol. Cuz yeah being locked indoors is already getting to me

In before shelter in place... Got all the essential meds but now I’m bored eating all the food I bought. My friend saw two fist fights. Someone offered her $100 for her meat. Crrrraaaazy

Christ dobby, stay safe :hugs:

things are getting worse here too, my work aren’t paying sick pay for isolation so I have to go in despite government saying pregnant women should avoid as much contact as possible, it’s not enforced at the moment so they can do what they like. I have 24 days until I stop working but can’t afford a month without pay just before the baby arrives! It seems a bit crazy how this is going.

:hugs: thankfully I got wind of the order and was up early. I took A to daycare (which I feel bad about) and spent 3 hours looking for Tylenol, picking up other essentials along the way at each store that did not have Tylenol lol.

Our fevers are finally gone I think. I really think we had covid, so I’m torn. My mom wants us to go to her house after licking ya out on Sun. But like I read you can still pass covid up to 3 days after your fever breaks. But it is 12 days since our first symptom, we just didn’t catch fevers until day 7. So idk. I’m just scared if I stay gone 3 days they’ll lock us down and I don’t want to be stuck in this condo with no backyard for a month lol

Kit I am so sorry! That’s so aggravating! I’m so sorry. I hope you are able to stay safe at work. :(

they closed our daycare and my heart breaks for all of the teachers who now go a month without pay :(

Or the kids whose only means are at school. My mom works at a title 1 school. Many of the kids eat only at school: breakfast, lunch, and snack. Cities are working with restaurants to feed them but ugh my heart just breaks.

My mom is officially being tested because someone on her cruise from 1.5 weeks ago tested positive, so she can’t go back to work until she’s tested. She’s going to get tested today.

Dobs I wouldn’t be surprised if you had it, it’s so messed up that they’re not testing people. The numbers are way lower than they should be because of the undertesting

I just went to the grocery store to stock up because they said we were allowed to go. There was only one cut of meat and a few 5 lb things of chicken breast that expire in 3 days. All but the expensive tomato sauce was gone. The bagged potatoes were all gone, just loose potatoes left (so I got a bunch of those). I’m a dumbo and forgot to get chicken stock but we have bouillon cubes so I can make it work. We just will not have much meat in soups. Surprisingly enough there was still a bunch of bacon so we’ll have some nice breakfasts :haha: luckily we already had some toilet paper so that’s all good, cuz that aisle was cleaned out.

I’m also worried about kids who only got food at school, all schools are closed until April here. Plus many healthcare workers have to stay home with their kids so we’re short doctors and nurses. People whose job hours have been cut or completely stopped won’t be able to pay rent and I’m worried for them. My family is secure but many families aren’t.

Fertility friend has a coupon for 1 year of premium for the price of 90 days. You buy the 90 days first and then use the coupon FEF939 and they change it to a year! It’s $19.99, even with renewal discounts the year is usually $24.99 (vs $44.99 normal I think). So for anyone who needs it, see if there’s coupons left first cuz they have a limited number of redemptions but check it out if you need it.

Shae I’ll be praying for your mom and family that it comes back negative. That’s so stressful.

Right?! The stores are cleaned out. I really hope everyone has what they need.

Lol Shae I was just joking with my friend that we’re gonna see a bunch of babies 8-9 months from now

My OHs anxiety levels are up through the roof due to covid. He is working away from home at the minute and he is afraid to come back to me because I’m high risk of complications due to my asthma. He is terrified he will give it to me.

right now all I want is a cuddle with him and for him to be here.

Dobs nurse/med Twitter has been joking about it too, saying L&D nurses are gonna be really busy in 9 months :rofl:
I’m pretty sure she doesn’t have it but she can’t go back to work until she gets a negative test result because she was on a ship with someone who had it.

Needa I’m so sorry you’re dealing with that. I can’t see my SO until my mom is cleared because his mom has an autoimmune disorder. It’s hard. Sending hugs.

Shae, fingers crossed for your mom.

Dobs, dang girl sorry to hear you and A may have had it. I would not be surprised if you did for what you had said earlier... L is just getting over a cold that I have no clue how he would have got. He was only at the pool 5 days prior to getting sick.

For us: we aren't being told the truth on wether or not we have (a) case(s) Here. An internal Memo from the health department saying yes we do. Then some nurses spoke up and said it was posted in mistake and never should have made it never should have been made public. Two local doctors said yes we do have covid19 in our area and finally our mayor said no we don't. WTF, which one is it! And some private citizens claim they know people that do have it!

Grocery stores are low, but we are stocked, have been for a while, it's how I stock our pantry any time. Now it is about getting items such as milk, apples and bananas that I usually buy weekly. Our country is shutting down. Dh works in finance, so he is expected to keep his office open. He is considered essential services...he worked until 7 pm yesterday, calling clients and checking in on them.

A just got his chest x-rayed to tile out pneumonia since apparently our fevers are not gone.

they are only testing him for covid if he has pneumonia because it’s still only for people with pneumonia or hospitalized or a confirmed contact

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->