• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Just updating that I am definitely over whatever I had. Still hanging out in that 99-100 range, but that’s arguably but a fever so ;). Drained physically but on the mend for sure

Glad to hear you are on the mend dobs. Hope your mom gives you an apology!

Us humans are all good, went for a walk this morning, we live rural so chances of running into people are extremely low. Dh still has to go to work, although his office door is locked and he's the only one in it .

Our dog is going downhill, I have to try and get him seen by a vet asap. He's a difficult dog, how in the world he will examine him when I have to be the one to hold him (in order for him to be under control) 6 feet distance is beyond me. And I am not keeping my distance if we end up having to put the dog down.

Last edited:
Pl so sorry to hear your dog isn’t doing well :(. Does the vet have a tech who could hold him? I think the WHO said that it won’t pass between dogs and people, and I would assume if the vet has a tech then they probably get in close proximity anyway. Hopefully he pulls through.

Sorry to hear that PL. I've been thinking a lot about how I hope our cat doesn't get sick while all this is going on, for the same reason. Are vets considered essential services? Because at least on Ontario they've now forced all non-essential business to close down. Surely that doesn't include vets and pet food stores. Hope your dog gets the care he needs. What a stressful time even without all this virus stuff.

I have several vet emails from Petsmart as well as more local vet clinics since I’ve taken my dogs all over. Everyone is still open, but they are doing appointment only or emergency services. Some have reduced their hours. They are still considered an essential service here in Cali but every government is different.

Public schools in MA are now closed until May. No update yet on my school, as it’s in NH. How about you guys?

Bars, dine in restaurants, gyms are closed. Schools are out to varying degrees in April. Some factories are shutting down or laying off people.

On a cool note..... we are allowed togo alcoholic beverages in a closed container and with food purchase. Too bad I can't drink lol (not to drink and drive but would love to enjoy a margarita with DH at home after girls are asleep)

DHs mom might get laid off, her hours have been cut steadily. She isn't working today or tomorrow. Next week unknown for her. Meanwhile DH is working 10 hr days and 8 on Saturday.

My mom got her hours cut from 5 days a week to 3 days. She works outpatient PT. She's watching the girls on her days off to make up some of her lost pay.

Got my OB appt next Friday. Not sure if it'll be cancelled or if DH able to go. As much as I'd hate for him not to be there... I cannot imagine how these poor women feel delivering their babies without a single support person. So I'll count my blessings as long as he gets to be at the birth.

Hope everyone is well.

Omg they don’t allow a support person in delivery?! That’s intense. I mean, let’s get real if you live with that person and put them in PPE can’t you mitigate the risks of having the dad in delivery? Ugh that’s so awful :(

I’m so sorry about the uncertainty of hours.

our schools are closed until May as well but lets be honest, they will stay closed the rest of the school year. Newsom keeps saying it. I don’t mind. Work was toxic. I’m so much happier to be home with Aiden and just maintaining a digital classroom. It does suck to se my lowest students not online though. They are the ones who need school :(

Dobby to my knowledge the no visitor for labor and delivery hasn't effected TN. It hasn't my hospital system for sure. I've read on the covid 19 support group on WTE app that some women (I think mainly NY) are having to do it alone. I totally agree. I mean if you are living with your support person (mother, sister, SO) the chances you both have it are high if one of you has it. I can even get on board with them leaving an hour after delivery but I don't agree with 0 support.

I'm glad you are enjoying working from home and spending time with A. I also think our schools will be out rest of this academic year. To be fair.... schools let out mid May anyways since they start the 1st week of August.

The no Birth partners rule is starting to freak me out, at the moment hospital are allowing 1 but I fear by the time I go into labour with this one it will be zero, I’ve started having panic attacks on a near daily basis because of this. I’d try for a home birth but they are cancelled anyway and with the shoulder dystocia/retained placenta/haemorrhaging I had last time it wouldn’t be a good idea anyway. My mental health is in tatters and I’ve been actively having to choose not to drink. I’m losing weight because I’m not eating properly because I’m just in such a state and I can’t leave the house. I’m basically falling apart right now. Can’t say anything though because they’ve changed the mental health rules whilst coronavirus is happening, you only need 1 doctor (instead of 2) to declare you’re unstable for them to cart you off/take your kids away and I just can’t go through that.

Oh Kit. Biggest e hugs. You are not crazy. What you are feeling is perfectly normal. There’s so much uncertainty and fear right now. I think maybe just face your fears head on? Is there any way to make sure hubs is close when you’re close? Or what will your backup plan be? Are you getting out to walk or get some sun? Maybe do some online meditation each day. Not as easy with kids around.

I was starting to lose my s* and I’m highly introverted, but doing an exercise program has really helped me mellow out

Totally understandable that you're freaking out Kit! My friend is due in June and to say that her anxiety is through the roof on a daily basis is an understatement. She also just had the option of switching to a midwife from an OB and has been crippled by that decision alone... so many different variables with each re: the virus. Have you spoken to other women in your position on support groups and such? I struggle to think they'll not let a partner be present at the birth, esp in the UK. Big e hugs xxxx

Hey ladies,

Don't ask me how, but it's apparently been 2 months since I last posted. :/ I just did a really quick skim cuz it's almost 2am and I wanna get to bed. The only thing I really retained is that Flueky is pg. Congrats, girl. I told you to let me know when we're gonna be pg again, but this may be a little early. On top of that, SO and I have not done it since AT LEAST a month before Matthew was born and he just turned 5 months. So, ya. But anyway, congrats again! Anxiously waiting to see if you're getting a little prince or if DH is batting 1000 for girls. :)

I'll give you all a quick update with a promise to get myself all caught up in the next day or so. As I said, Matthew is now 5 months. He's been eating baby cereal and purees for a month now. We just started sleep training last night. He cried for 45 mins. And tonight, nothing. Rolled over and went straight to sleep. Alex is good. Been home full time for a couple weeks now cuz of Covid. Saying more words and longer sentences and finally eating meat at home. As for SO and I, WE BOUGHT A TOWNHOUSE. What's even better/funnier is it's literally right beside my mom's place. My kids will get to grow up pretty much exactly where I did and it's awesome. It's 3 bed, 2.5 bath. I'd love to post a link of the virtual tour, but that's probably not safe. We're not quite sure if we wanna live there for several years and then upgrade or make it our forever home, but there's time to decide. We don't take possession til July 10, so we need to fix up SO's place in the meantime. But it's hard cuz we can't get appliances delivered or painters in cuz of Covid. So, we'll just pack what we can for now. Oh, and SO is still working, but just from home.

So, that's what's up with me. Hope everyone else is well.

mama and the boys edit.jpg

Kit I can only imagine how stressful it is to be 7 months pregnant during this. You and your family are in my thoughts :hugs:

Dobs re: exercise I had just started going to Planet Fitness 5 days a week 3 weeks before my school sent us all home. I haven’t exercised once since and I’m itching to get back into it. They’re having 30 minute workouts on the Planet Fitness Facebook page every day, but my Roku TV won’t screen share properly with my iPhone, so I just bought an hdmi cord to hopefully hook up my laptop to the TV and play it that way.
How is online teaching going? Are you finding it’s working well for the kids? I’m sorry about the kids without internet, that’s always a worry and they’re the kids who were already at risk. It must be super frustrating :hugs:

Flueks I see you’re 7 weeks tomorrow! How are you feeling? Do you have a scan scheduled or are they not letting you come in due to COVID?

Pretty congrats on the townhouse! I remember you were struggling with buying a place during your pregnancy. Matthew is adorable, he’s got that chubby baby look that’s so cute, and he’s looking just like his big brother! And it’s so great that Alex’s language is developing!

AFM my school is online for the rest of the semester. I am crazy busy, way busier than I was before we went online. We have so much more work and it’s hard to motivate myself at home compared to at school. But I’ll figure it out. I’m honestly half super thankful this didn’t happen after I graduated because I’d be stuck in the middle of it, and half sad I can’t be helping out right now.

Kit I'm so sorry you are struggling right now. Surely with UK being so midwife driven they wouldnt go to that extreme. Women need that emotional support during labor... pandemic or not.

Prett, well.... I wasn't trying without you, just an oopsie. However, even though this wasn't as planned every baby is a blessing. Bahaha I'm anxious to find out if he only produces X chromosome sperm myself. I thought about sneak peak but I'd rather put the money towards an ultrasound package. I figure that once I hit 10 weeks I'll try the baking soda test while I wait (probably get a 16 week gender scan).

Matthew is such a cute little chunk. I love chunky babies, was kinda sad S didn't get rolls.

Awesome news on tge townhouse but sorry you can't move until July. Oh and glad SO gets to work from home. Hope you all stay well.

Shae yup it feels like this pregnancy is going so slow.. I think it's partly from finding out so early. The other part is I've not felt good at all, fatigue, insomnia, nausea, and wth diarrhea. I've always had constipation while preggo so this is new. I have a scan on Friday and as of right now they are allowing one visitor thats age 18 or older. FX it stays that way. I've prepared DH for possibility he's not allowed.

Shae sorry it's hard to find the motivation. Also I always found online tests and quizzes way harder than in class. If you anything like me you'll get it all done last minute lol

I'm glad I'm not in the middle of this in patient care. For ppl that say that's why nurses, doctors, etc. went to school for this.... no. They didn't go to school for this shit. I can't imagine not having the appropriate ppe to protect myself and my loved ones from me.

I can't imagine being at the end of pregnancy and not having my partner with me in delivery
I am so sorry for you ladies!

Pretty congrats on the new house purchase!

We've had a shitty week, Monday I had to put our dog down... His tumor grew too much where it put him into discomfort. Surgery could have taken it out maybe, but his odds were stacked against him. Age and metastasized cancer..
My heart is broken

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"