• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Okay latest update. I can't even. My chest hurts from walking him to the hospital from the parking lot.

My doctor called and said she wants me on albuterol for two days to help with my shortness of breath. Said I need to switch from Advil to Tylenol cuz something about Advil makes covid symptoms worse.

A's doctor called. This is SO GREAT. This is how broken the system is right now. A's chest x-ray shows he has inflammation in his lungs that is consistent with a viral infection. Could be covid or could just be your run of the mill virus. So naturally, you'd think we'd get tested. NOPE. Apparently the Department of Public Health feels that "given the limited number of tests available" and that "[our] treatment will not change even with a diagnosis" that we still do not qualify for testing. However, if my immediate family who are high risk start to cough, have shortness of breath, or get a fever that they need to call and be immediately tested. In the meanwhile, have fun on your two week quarantine and have some more albuterol. r_r .... ..... .....

Oh gosh dobby I’m so sorry! I really hope you and A make a full and quick recovery!

Ty I called my doctor back and was like um wtaf will you please test me... probably no but at least I asked

Omg Dobs that’s awful. No wonder our confirmed cases is so low, we aren’t testing anyone! Anyone with a positive CXR and negative flu swab should be getting tested, no ifs ands or buts.

They aren’t testing here either, they don’t even want to know unless you’re dying, literally! We have 24 cases in a 15 mile radius now, I know it will be far far more.

Exactly. You have to be intensive care to get the test.

my chest is getting increasingly worse. Doctor said try Santa Clara county so one last phone call and then I officially give up

did I mention my mom blocked my number and my stepdad is crying cuz apparently it’s about them not me

Dobby I really can't imagine my mom ever doing that to me. I'm so sorry.

How are you and A today?

Oh dobs that's horrible. Now is the time to reach out via phone and call on our friends and family in isolation more so then ever before. I can't imagine what it feels like.

As far as testing, here they are only testing people that have a travel history and are sick, or show symptoms after exposure to an infected person.
Testing has gotten a lot faster in a week so our province's case load took a jump of 80 + yesterday and they expect bigger jumps in the next few days just because of better testing technology.

A is recovering. He’s been on his breathing meds for several days now, so fever aside he’s himself. He caught a four hour nap yesterday.

which makes it harder for me. I can’t make it up or down the stairs without losing my breath. Luckily he’s only eating cereal because standing long periods to cook is out of the question.

Doctor in Santa Clara said they have so many community spread cases that they are not testing anybody who isn’t hospitalized, and that’s only to protect the doctors.

She said I needed a chest x ray like A, but I can’t take A. I can’t have anybody watch him because they’re telling me he most likely has covid. So my options are take an antibiotic I likely don’t need or start using A’s other breathing medication. They did prescribe me albuterol, but it doesn’t help and makes me dizzy. I left a voicemail with the local public health office and emailed a private company doing testing.

I feel like I have mono. Which is love to sit around and do nothing but A is going stir crazy. He’s banging his head and throwing things and breaking things because I can’t take him outside.

My coworkers and friends and parents from school have all offered to bring supplies, but what I need is rest and help with A. I am struggling to find energy to feed him.

I really have to re-evaluate my relationship with my family. It’s always been abusive, but I can’t believe my mom actually blocked my number when A and I are as sick as we are. If I end up in the hospital (unlikely, I have to believe this is as bad as I’m going to get), what then? A will end up with my ex if I can’t get to her first. but I really think I’ll be ok. I just need rest and to not overdo it.

Dobs I’m so sorry this is happening to you. I can’t believe your mom blocked you. It’s terrible and I can’t even imagine my mother doing that. You deserve people who love you and will be there for you, especially in your times of need like this.

My sister and I just watched two horror movies, the first of which wasn’t scary, the second of which scared me a bit (a lot). Fingers crossed I don’t get nightmares lol

Dobs, I'm so sorry this is happening! I am even more sad to hear that your mom blocked you, especially since you two are sick with this crazy illness! I sure hope someone comes through for you guys.

I’ll manage. A is recovering so I have to be right behind him. That’s what I tell myself. I’m ok as long as I stay on my side as much as possible. I’m very dizzy today. Doctors want me in the hospital since I have nobody to take care of me but then A goes to his dad. So I’ll manage here. I’ll figure it iut

Dobs please remember that if you are having too much trouble breathing you really need to go to the hospital. You can’t watch A if you’re dead, to be quite blunt. You can talk to social work at the hospital about the situation with A and that his dad is abusive and wouldn’t be safe with him. Can your step-dad or one of your brothers watch A? Instead of your mom?

It’s not too much. It’s just hard when I get up. If I spend most of the day laying on my side I’m ok. If I had a second person here to clean and cook and tend to A so I could rest, then I’d be perfectly fine. But I have to get up and I have to go up and down the stairs multiple times. I feel in my heart that yesterday was the peak.

We’ll be ok. It’s just a struggle

For what it’s worth, we showered today and I’m only mildly dizzy and my chest is not too tight., big gains from yesterday

eta still at 102.8 though I don’t even know how T-T

Last edited:
Breathing is so much better. I’m really glad I started taking A’s meds :rofl: I’m only between 99.5-100 today. I feel so wrecked. My body just gave up. Reminds me of when I had mono. There’s just no will strong enough to get up.

A is good. Still coughing a lot and wheezing if he overexerts himself. But he’s holding steady at 99.5 since Tuesday. Dancing and running around and jumping on the bed. We ran out of our Costco sized honey nut Cheerios, but my coworker was so nice. She spent an hour and a half at Whole Foods just to get us more. Said they had a two item limit on so many things. People were crying having to put stuff back.

but overall I know I’m on the mend. Still no apology from my mom but she unblocked me and FaceTimed A today r_r

doctor says I have to be fever free for three days before I can go to their house. As toxic as it is, I need a break and A needs the space to run and play

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->