General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

So much pain. Worse than pre epidural labor. So miserable. Pain killers making me sick to my stomach

Dobs that amount of pain out of nowhere is concerning. Have you talked to your doctor about how bad the pain has gotten? I wouldn’t want you to suffer if there’s something they can do to help you.

She said I can be in pain for up to a week and we’ll reassess Monday. The problem is I rarely take medicine so suddenly take 16 Advil a day is destroying my stomach. It hurts to eat so I’m not eating enough to counteract the Advil, which just makes it harder to eat. She told me get some otc meds but I can’t get them delivered. Trying to find a friend or family member. At this point, the stomach pain is worse than my shoulder. Except at night. At night I just want to detach my arm. I can’t sleep more than 2 hours if I’m lucky at a time.

it’s just scary. I can still only passively lift my right arm. I’m scared if I don’t heal correctly I won’t ever get it back. And I have so many problems as is with scar tissue and keloids. My right ankle, my right thumb, my right eye , my right trap, and now this. I’ve definitely brought it up that it seems odd all my long lasting injuries are on one side of my body.

Taking too much of an NSAID such as Advil, ibuprofen, Aleve, naproxen, or a combination puts you at risk of gastric ulcers and even kidney failure. Many years ago my brother's gf took too much and ended up on dialysis in her 20s. It reversed but it's still very dangerous.

16 ibuprofen or Advil a day is 3200mg that is too much! I'm not trying to be mean but warn you about the dangers. Please let your dr know how much you are taking and how much pain you are still in.

She said take 3-4 every 6 hours. I asked her how much is max per day, and she said hard cap at 4g. My pills are 200mgs each, so I’m at 3,200/4,000. But tbh I wasn’t eating much because I can’t cook. I ordered some takeout but after two days hard at the pills, my stomach isn’t having it. If it’s still bad once I get these antacids and eat more, I’ll go in. They’re just trying really hard to keep people out of the clinics, especially since I have to take A with me.

but idk I just listen to what she tells me cuz this is not my wheelhouse lol

I still think that dose sounds too high but I'm not a prescriber and I'm not used to seeing young adults. I do know that after both my deliveries I could only take a max dose of 2400mg/day. That's the max dose I've seen others on as well.

Hope your stomach gets better and your pain subsides soon.

Okay so I did a bit of research per FDA max dose is 3200mg, but still a bit concerned about your stomach pain. Be on lookout for dark colored stool, vomit, or vomiting blood. Drink plenty of water too. Feel better soon mama

Yeah I’m not a fan with how sick I’m getting. I’m in trying my best to take as little as I can/honestly only taking it when I’m in crying pain. Luckily, as long as I rest it’s much more manageable during the early day. It’s just at night that it starts to rev up and unfortunately that coincides with when I’m not eating full meals. But Idk if I’m distracted by other pains today or if yesterday was peak pain, but overall today seems less intense. So I’m hoping it’s a good sign and I can start taking less

Dobs I’m glad the pain has been less today, I’m hoping it will continue to decrease. You’re in my thoughts :hugs:

Kitty I noticed you’re a pizza now rather than a sub sandwich :haha: it seems to be less craving inducing for me so far :rofl:

Flueks I see you’re 12 weeks and some change! How is your pregnancy going? Any morning sickness? Have you announced publicly yet?

Dobby I'm glad the pain has started to improve. Hope it's better today.

Kitty happy 37 weeks. Made it to term!

Shae it's definitely not been my easiest. I haven't thrown up much though since I work from home mostly and can brush my teeth when I feel I can handle it. Symptoms are improving too.

Have you finished your classes online? Are things better with SO?

Thanks flueks, I’m a bit frustrated though! I’ve had annoying irregular but painful contractions for 14 hours now. I did manage to get a bit of sleep but they kept waking me up! I just want to know I’m in labour and be done with it :rofl: I hate this waiting phase!

are you having a scan soon? Or have I missed it? I’ve been so rubbish lately so I’m sorry! Xxx

Kitty I totally get it. Felt that way with S. The last 2 to 3 weeks were miserable. Then all the 2nd guessing from irregular contractions. I think it's more aggravating if you already have a child(ren) because you don't want to have to set up care for them and it be a false alarm.

I had a scan a week ago. I posted pics in the gender prediction forum and my due date group. Baby looked healthy, it wasn't a medical scan so no measurements other than hb. Omg this baby was sooo active, it look like it was dancing in 3d.

Fluek sorry this pregnancy has been so tough. Hoping tri 2 treats you better. Gonna pop over to gender prediction to see! Exciting glad baby is active and healthy!

kit I hear you. I’m glad you were about to make it to 37 weeks! Hope things either settle down or give you a more clear expectation soon. So exciting!

Thanks everyone :hugs: it hurts but enough I can rest through or ice through. I only took 2 Advil at 4pm and 2am and started the otc recommendations for my stomach. I’m still a little queasy but I can eat now. I have a cankersore on my throat now though great. Just need time. Still terrified that I can’t lift my arm actively just passively but I get panic attacks when I try to research how long that’s normal for.

Dobby I really hope you start to feel better soon!

missed your post shae but I’m glad the pizza is less craving inducing for you!

lost a definite bit of mucus plug with red streaks in it, bleeding has picked up ever so slightly but I’m not worried as it’s mostly mucusy still no regular contractions (in fact they are less frequent than they have been) hoping for a nice nights sleep then labour in the morning :rofl: if only the babies knew our plans xx

Flueks I’m glad your symptoms are improving! I did finish the semester, yes, and things are okay with us, I’m still a bit worried about how much he’s actually going to change his behavior but I’m really hopeful and at least it’s not a situation where one of us just doesn’t feel the same anymore or any of that stuff, we’re still making each other laugh and when I’m with him I feel so much lighter. It’s also not like an abusive behavior or anything like that, just something that bothers me a LOT.

Kitty sending active labor vibes lol, hopefully it happens soon!

Dobs that cankersore sounds so uncomfortable, I’m sorry :( hoping things continue to improve for you

Dobby thank you. I'm hoping 2nd tri is much smoother. On a positive note I didn't feel as tired and managed to brush my teeth without getting sick today. Oh and I know it was on th other thread but thank you for your guess :)

Glad your pain is improving but sorry about the cankersore. I hope your body quits giving you hell soon.

Kitty thanks for your guess too. Hope baby comes tomorrow after a good night's rest. I woke up every hour starting at midnight with S until I got up for good just after 4 because I was certain my water was leaking (the wet spot in my panties kept getting bigger very slowly). Contractions started at 5 a.m. and born at 758 a.m. Wish she would have let me rest lol

Shae glad you finished your semester and things are okay. I hope he continues to improve his behaviour.

Woot! Shae kudos on getting the semester done! Hopefully things surrounding that behavior improve.

ty all. I’m so irritated with my body but at the same time really glad this is happening now when I can “work” from home

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->