General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Kit you are in my thoughts, please stay safe and call the midwife or hospital with updates on vomiting and back pain, it’s important! I know you don’t want to bother them but it’s their job! I’d much rather my patients “bother” me and it be nothing than not say anything and it be something important that gets missed. I agree with Dobs and Flueks that it could potentially be back labor, not 100% of course but it’s a possibility, especially with the bleeding.
Keep us updated when you’re able!

Thank you guys, I did call and tell them but they didn’t seem bothered, the back pain comes and goes (but not rhythmically Crucially) and I’ve not vomited again yet

Im currently sitting down to a takeaway (which we rarely have) and DH has been wonderful. Of course he’s back at work tomorrow so it’s short lived but I’m enjoying it! Trying to relax and take my mind of things, will do some meditation tonight to bring me back to my calm self (hopefully)

Obsessively refreshing multiple times a day to see if we have a kit update lol

Also gigs if you’re lurking just saw the hatch vid! So cute!

Sorry, I’m in hospital, bleeding picked up and I’m staying in, they are talking about induction but just monitoring me at the moment, took 4 attempts and 3 doctors to get a cannula in :rofl:

honestly feeling a bit sick really

kitty - All that back and forth and pain and everything really sucks. But at least you're in the hospital now and being monitored. FX baby comes soon. :)

Flueky - Congrats on making it to 2nd tri. With Alex, my water broke 3 hours after contractions started and it took another 24 hours after that. With Matthew, I laboured for over 18 hours, had to have my waters broken, and he came 23 mins later. So, every pregnancy is different and you never know. It's still so crazy how fast your labours went. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I went from zero to baby in 4 hours. lol. But otherwise, hope you, DH, and the girls are doing well.

Dobby - Glad to hear you're feelng better. Sending you some Get Well Very Soon dust.

I hope everyone is doing well and not going too stir crazy.

AFM, SO's condo is officially on the market. If anyone's interested, I can post the link with pics and stuff. He doesn't currently live there, so I'm not worried about being tracked down. lol. In other SO news, he went for some bloodwork today and apparently got lightheaded and nauseous when the needle came out. He felt better after a good meal and now we're just waiting on results.
Otherwise, life is fairly uneventful. I feel like we're pretty settled into our new, but temporary, normal at my mom's. Barely read anymore of the potty training book, so no new attempts with that. But we've been pushed Alex's bedtime up by an hour, so he goes to sleep the same time as Matthew and it's nice to get that little extra child free time. What's the quote? "I love you more than life itself, but I don't miss you when you're sleeping." lol
And, in baby # 3 news, long story short, SO says one of his fears in having one more is that we'd end up with multiples. I reminded him of his comment a few months ago about not wanting more unless we could guarantee it was twin redhead girls. He apparently has no memory of this. Either way, any time that he doesn't say "no way in hell," it gives me hope. I actually feel like I MAY be ovulating, but we haven't done it since before Matthew was born, so no chance of a whoopsie baby right now.

Kitty yikes, I’m sorry you’re not feeling well, but I’m glad you’re in the hospital being monitored. Hopefully it’s relatively smooth sailing from here.

Hi,
I’m new on here and don’t know how to create a new post so decided to post my query here
I was wondering if anyone has heard/ experienced a bad rash in their TWW
I have irregular cycles and I was due to welcome AF 3 days ago but still no sign, 3 nights ago I developed a bad rash on my abdomen and pelvis area that’s red and itchy. I have some low back pain like AF is approaching but no sore bbs or nausea. I’ve been doing urine preg tests for the last 1 week and all negative. I read on some previous thread that a rash can be an early sign of pregnancy. Anyone have any thoughts on this? ( thank you in advance for taking time to read my long message)

Mommytobee10 are you having any pain/burning with urination, or other symptoms of a UTI? I worry that lower back pain and a rash could be something kidney infection related. I could be totally off base there of course. Have you started using any new soaps, detergents, body washes, products? Got new clothes, especially over that area, like support spanx? Has the rash gotten progressively worse or stayed the same? Is it spreading? If you have UTI symptoms, you should call your doctor. If it’s progressively getting worse/spreading, you should also call your doctor. If you started using new products and can stop those and see what happens, you wouldn’t have to call your doctor unless stopping those products did nothing and the rash did not go away after several days. There are a lot of causes of rashes both in early pregnancy and in general. The only reliable way to determine the cause is to talk to your doctor. Some rashes are harmless, but others can signify more severe issues, so it’s important to talk to your doctor about them if they don’t resolve on their own. Most rashes that occur in pregnancy don’t occur that early, but the few I saw with a quick google that can happen early on can SOMETIMES indicate further problems that a doctor should address, and they all generally have some form of treatment your doctor can give you (usually a cream). Considering you have negative pregnancy tests, I would guess that this rash is unrelated to pregnancy and that you are likely not pregnant, but since you have irregular cycles, unless you know when you ovulated, you could potentially still be pregnant.

ETA: if you go to the TWW forum there should be an button at the top of the list of threads that says “start new thread” or something like that. You will probably have a better variety of responses if you start a thread.

Great! Thanks so much for your response! I am calling my doctor today. Don’t have any UTI symptoms/ new detergents clothes etc so was wondering what is going on.

Kitty sounds like you were pretty dehydrated. I hope baby girl is safe in your arms now.

Pretty thank you! I'm happy to be in 2nd tri or nearly there depending on which week you count as 2nd tri. I'm definitely starting to feel better so that's a huge relief. It's definitely a rush delivering quickly. I had several ppl tell me my 1st was most likely only so fast because I was early but I had a sneaking suspicion I'm just fast. My FIL says I'm "efficient" :haha:

Well I'm glad he's not saying absolutely no on a 3rd. You know I think deep down he wanted the kids but just doesn't like the notion of "trying". I hope to see you expecting your 3rd some time next year.

Mommytobe, I've never developing a rash during any of my tww, pregnant or not. Good plan on calling the dr.

Oh Kit I’m thinking of you! I’m so sorry these last few weeks have been so poop but yay for meeting your baby soon! I hope the induction goes smoothly and quickly, and you and your little one stay safe and healthy. :hugs:

sorry ignoring everyone else cuz having a bad shoulder day. Love ya though

Hello, sorry for the delay, it’s been a bit of a whirlwind! I went from 6cm to holding her in less than 30 minutes! I’m stuck in the hospital for a night due to another haemorrhage but it’s okay!

Oh Kit, she is so precious! And wow how fast! She was ready to meet you! Love on her and get some rest. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->