General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Kit, were you able to be released? Thinking of you <3

In new news, good update. Got on video with the PT and she ordered an x-ray. Turns out it’s not my RC. My neck is spasming and I guess it’s affecting my nerves. They prescribed medication I can’t take so just gonna keep plugging along. In less really disappointed in my family. Long story but basically if my dad were alive he’d be disgusted

Dobs I’m glad you have a diagnosis! Did you talk to them about the medication? Not sure of the reasoning why you can’t take it but if you have some allergy or medication interaction they need to know! If there’s money issues sometimes there’s something they can do? As for family issues, I’m so sorry you’re going through bad situations with them :hugs:

Yeh released yesterday, official labour time was 36 minutes according to my release documents :rofl:

Dobs glad you actually know now, are you able to ring up for an alternative prescription?

They want me to switch from ibuprofen to naproxen? been on it too long and it’s not helping much anyway. That’s fine. My understanding is that’s basically otc aleve?

but they prescribed cyclobenzaprine for the spasms. I don’t tolerate the more intense pain meds or muscle relaxers. I get really sick and basically bedridden. Which would be totally fine if I wasn’t a single mom. I’m not comfortable taking something that has, in the past, rendered me incapacitated. I’ve had a few friends offer to take A so I can take the medication but I have trust issues and he’s needy. My grandmother offered for us to go live with her but she’s 8 hours away and they don’t have a fenced yard/coyotes/she’s scared of my dogs/they’re bipolar and I’m not in the mood for their bickering. But yeah my pcp doesn’t want me on it if I’m going to be home alone with a toddler.

but basically my parents took A so I could get the X-ray. Then dropped me off at the hospital and told me I could walk or Uber home. So I had to ask my friend from the next city over to drag her kids down to the hospital to drive me five blocks. And then my parents were like well just FYI for two weeks now we can’t help you because you chose to go to the hospital. It’s not like I just woke up and went there for s* and giggles.

I did get five hours of sleep though so that’s exciting. But the day pain is worse because I had to do some work and I keep messing up because I’m in pain so I have to redo things.

Just ranting sorry

Sorry for your predicament Dobby. That's pretty sad how your family is being.

Oh and yes naproxen is generic aleve.

Kitty glad you are home now!

Dobs I’ve had good luck with naproxen, it works best of all OTC pain meds for me personally. I’m sorry you can’t take the anti-spasm meds :( that’s so awful of your family, I can’t believe they would just abandon you at the hospital and then refuse to help you for 2 weeks. Like it’s as if they’re giving you a help budget of once every 2 weeks??? What kind of family says they’ll only help you out once a fortnight? Sorry that’s just crazy to me. I’m so sorry you’re dealing with that.

Kitty I’m glad you’re home! Wow, 36 minutes! Did they give you oxytocin/pitocin and then you just progressed super fast? How did that all happen?

Yeh they broke my waters at 2pm, but no contractions started after a few hours so they put me on oxytocin drip and kept turning it up then suddenly it kicked in and I went from absolutely fine to in dire pain in basically no time at all, at 18:50 I was 6cm and officially in active labour and she was born at 19:17!

Kit that’s so intense. How is Evie with her new sister? Is she back home now?

thanks Fluek and Shae. :hugs: the two weeks is because I had to go in to the hospital to get an X-ray and they are high risk. My stepdad is honestly just using it as an excuse cuz he doesn’t want us there’s. He’s been throwing out my stuff I keep there for A. Plus it’s easier to manipulate/control my brothers and mom when I’m not there.

They just dropped off aleve though cuz I not so subtly told my mom my higher risk grandma offered to drive from LA to get me to live with her as long as I needed. So then my mom was all sad he wouldn’t let her say hi to A and she asked when we can go over and he’s like um well we can discuss it later let’s go.

did I mention my brother went to live with his gf for a minute and was welcomed back open arms? No quarantine period

Sorry I’m clearly still POed. I’m grateful for what few things they have done but it’s really sad to see where I actually stand with the fam eso as I’m going against doctors orders and on the computer working/doing a graduation for the twins/ editing ones med school apps

Dobs I’m so sorry, that’s so unfair on you :hugs:

evie is still at the in laws, they asked if they could keep her for the weekend which works for us so we can have a small settling in period, means I can catch up a little on sleep for the first few days

:hugs:

I’m glad you’re getting that time to get settled and catch up on rest. So nice they are close enough to help.

Kitty, congrats on your new little girl! Does she have a name yet? She's beautiful!

Dobs jeez I don’t like how he’s telling your mother she can’t do things, that’s messed up. I’m so sorry you’re dealing with all that.

Kitty I’m glad you’re getting a settling in period, that sounds super helpful! I totally forgot about the name, I echo wooks, does she have one yet?

Kitty awww Evie and Josie, how cute! And look at all that hair! What a cutie <3

Hi Josie! She’s way too precious. I can’t. Love the girls’ having a same syllable in their names. Super cute

I actually have an Evie and Josie sibling combo on my classroom this past year! She's so beautiful! What a sweet little face, Kitty. I'm sure Evie will love her to bits.

Congratulations kitty! She's beautiful ;)

Hope you guys are settling in well and big sister will be good with her!!

Dobs, sorry your family isn't treating you fair.. o honestly have no advice on how to proceed. :( Hugs to you! Gently of course with that injured shoulder. Fx you get that sorted out.

As for shorty parents, mine keep important medical stuff from me. The province is allowing gatherings of 6 people now so we decided to see my parents this weekend for the first time since February. While there I found out my dad is going into surgery on Tuesday. Their friends all seem to know about, but they chose not to tell me/us about it because "it felt so wrong over the phone". Everyone else seems to have known about it for more then 4 weeks. Worst part is, if we hadn't come down, they still would not have told us about it. Stubborn "old" people!! Uuugh, very frustrating. Mom has a shoulder injury and has barely any motion left in it and heavily relies on dad fkr help, if I had known about this, I could have planned on being with her for help while dad has to stay in hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->