General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Thanks Fluek. HOA was on it which is shocking cuz they usually don’t care lol. Been a struggle not to drink. I’m so depressed this week. Can’t sleep. Every show I binge has people drinking away their problems. I just keep thinking one glass would take the edge off but I know it wouldn’t be one glass. My birthday is on Friday and A’s next week. Still haven’t heard from my mom. My stepdad said they booked a trip for A’s birthday that I can’t go on and wouldn’t cuz covid so Idk why they book things without talking to me. At this point I don’t even want to see them on my birthday.

Dobs how old is A going to be? I forget what year he was born and it’s not in your signature lol. I’m sorry you’re struggling lately, you’re in my thoughts :hugs: you’re a fighter, I know you can do this.

:hugs: thanks Shae. I ended up stress eating carbs for dinner because at least it’s a lesser of two evils.

He’ll be 3 :)

Dobs, sorry the struggle is real... And I am only trying to cut my calorie intake not alcohol.. lost about 8 lbs on the last 6 weeks. The upside is I have also noticably improved my figure and muscle mass. 16 lbs to go.. but man I just want to binge eat.. .. sorry probably not the same as wanting a drink.

What kind of shows do you like to watch on Netflix? Maybe we can suggest something else? Dh and I just started a documentary series with Zac effron. (A bit on the boring side, and very much bro.. but we have run out of things to watch together.. )
Sorry your mom is away for As birthday, I am so surprised that anyone is feeling comfortable to leave their own home with those huge covid numbers?

Shae, sorry about the cat.. it's never easy :(

As for you post surgery, chipmunk cheeks or not, you still look cute ;)

Selfish post/rant incoming, sorry

I don’t remember if I posted on here about SO’s gallbladder issue so I’m gonna give a quick background here. He’s been having what is obviously gallbladder pain, my mom did an abdominal exam and she said it was very obviously his gallbladder. She sent him to the ER because of the severity of the pain, his ultrasound and CT were normal (which can happen despite there being an issue) and they told him he had acid reflux :saywhat: total bullsh*t, the pain was totally in the wrong place and he had a positive Murphy’s sign which is not something you find in acid reflux. This was a few weeks ago.

Fast forward to a few days ago.

He took off his shirt and I immediately noticed he’d lost weight, and I told him. So last night I got him to weigh himself and he has lost TWENTY POUNDS in the past few weeks. 20 pounds. That’s 12.5% of his body weight he just dropped. He’s been barely eating because every time he eats he gets awful pain. He has a HIDA scan scheduled for next week and I’m praying that it’s positive because then they’ll take out his gallbladder and he won’t be in so much pain anymore. But unfortunately my mom says negatives happen all the time despite there being something wrong even with this scan. Considering his weight loss and obvious symptoms many surgeons would still be willing to go in and remove it so if it’s negative we might still be able to see a surgeon but it’s a lot easier if it’s positive.

So if you pray, please pray that the scan is positive and/or that the doctors listen to him and find the correct cause of his pain because he’s just in so much pain that he wants to die and we really need this to get fixed. Vibes/thoughts also appreciated.

Last edited:
Damn fxed Shae. Definitely scary when they start losing so much weight so quickly. Hopefully he gets answers and a remedy soon. :hugs:

afm birthday was good. I was in the pits but my video game (so dumb lol) villager threw me a surprise party. A’s gym bar also came in, so he had fun on it. Went for a walk, played outside, ordered sushi for lunch and dinner. A friend had bundtinis delivered to my house and another came over. My one other friend was going to come over but she’s been exposed to covid and is waiting on her test results. Did another virtual paint nite. Have two today lol. Never done two in one day. Starting watching “Down to Earth” and have a major lady crush on Zach Efron now. Still drama with the parents but that’s their problem not mine. Oh and I ate so many carbs lol all the carbs all day. Definitely set myself back but worth it

Oh shae im sorry! I really hope he gets sorted ASAP!

I remember when my SO was FINALLY diagnosed with crohns. His sister has it and we knew all the signs but doctors kept fobbing him off and saying he only had haemorrhoids :brat: but yeh they did finally diagnose him and now he has treatment for it. Really hoping a similar thing happens and they your SO have some relief!

Dobs I’m so glad you had a great birthday! I’ve seen a lot of posts regarding Zac Efron about how he’s been exactly what the poster was attracted to at different points in their life, ie basketball Troy Bolton at age 14 and bearded guy at age 28 (age of the person posting, not Zac Efron). While I don’t think he’s the most attractive man I’ve ever seen, he’s still quite good looking and I approve of the new look :haha: virtual paint night sounds super fun. I’m so bored being stuck at home and I’m thinking it would be fun to get some canvases and follow some bob ross tutorials or something.

Kitty ugh it’s so frustrating when doctors don’t listen. I’m glad your SO finally got diagnosed and treated. Hopefully the weight loss will help them to listen considering how quickly it happened, I’m having him call on Monday and tell his GI doctor about it prior to the scan. My grandmother had her gallbladder out and by the time they took it out it was gangrenous, unfortunately gallbladder issues can be asymptomatic for a very long time.

Def! Michaels had a great super value pack. It’s a bit of a toss up because half my canvases were damaged or imperfect, so I’ve only used half but the price can not be beat.

I wasn’t into him when he was in HSM. I thought he was overrated lol. He’s only a year older than me so I don’t feel creepy commenting. But this new mature man look coupled with caring about the Earth and teaching me new things. Smart is sexy. And his lighthearted personality. Sign a girl up please!

so thanks PL! I was on the verge of watching vs not but since you watched it I decided why not haha

hopefully things move quickly for SO!

Hi everyone! Has anyone tested out their trigger? How long until it was negative and then turn pos again?

I don’t know that any of us have had a trigger. I feel like maybe Fern because she did assisted? I have a bad memory so anybody chime in.

I’d suggest trying either TTC or LTTTC versus here in the TWW. Have you used the search feature? I’m sure there are loads of threads that talk about it, but I’d suggest the current forums. Maybe even check the Pregnancy Test area for people testing post trigger. I saw one the other week.

not sure thread hopping will get you much luck. I know personally I saw your other thread and didn’t have any info to contribute so didn’t respond. Gl! I have seen women who just buy tonnnnns of cheap tests through amazon and test out their trigger vs relying on average since every body and cycle can be different. Fxed for you

I think fern tested out her trigger but I don’t think it ever went negative on the time she got pregnant. If I remember correctly they got lighter then started to get darker but I can’t remember when that was!

So today is 7DPT and 5DPO, I’m extremely dizzy today and never had this before! Here’s my trigger shot test out today

987C1612-9C76-4E67-BE32-10AEF4BF05F5.jpeg

Idk how triggers work but def looks like you’re in a good spot. I guess the main thing now is just to see if over the next week that line darkens and progresses. 5dpo is still super early so try not to stress the next few days over lines. I mean try not to stress in general but I’m a poas addict so I obsess over tests way earlier than I logically know I should haha

also not related but downside to the weight loss is my cycles are starting to stabilize a bit but the downside is now that I’m back to a pretty stable 27 day cycle I’m broody af when I ovulate :rofl: like my body finally realized by you’re healthy again make babies now!!!! :rofl:

Dob, I barely recognized Zac with the beard.. but then I also usually don't follow famous people. Haha. The documentary sure had some good points.

What else to watch next? Oh yeah, for sh!TS and giggles I started watching the Indian matchmaker last night. ;)

Shae.. so sorry about your so struggling. I remember my mom had gallbladder issues as well. She did have to wait for surgery for a few weeks. She managed with eating foods that were simple to digest and non fat!

I feel like I am missing a few points right now...

Just had my period and it was completely screwed up. Normally it's 6 straight forward days. No spotting beforehand, day 2 being the strongest and then it fizzles out by day 6. This time, 4 days of spotting to the point where I even had a day of almost nothing. When she actually arrived day 2 was the strongest and period was over after 4 days.. a new one for me.

Oh baby fever.. I am deep into it... But mine will have 4 legs :haha: we are waiting for a particular litter of puppies to be available in December/January depending on when she actually gets bred ;)

Definitely interesting. Got a kick out of the water sommelier. I love my trashy reality tv, but it was nice to see a mini docuseries for once. Reminded me of when I used to watch tv to learn things haha. So def want to go to Iceland now

sorry about the odd period! Hopefully just a one off thing :(

def share pics! Will you get some as the litter grows?

Hey ladies. Been hella busy, but I just got myself caught up on all the posts, so I'll do y best to reply off of memory.

shae - So sorry about your cat. At least she's comfortable and at peace now. Good to hear your surgery went well though. And keeping my fingers crossed for SO's test results.

Dobby - Happy belated Birthday. And Happy Birthday today for A. Yesterday was Alex's. If I remember correctly, you were due on the 31st; me on the 22nd and our boys both decided to be early. :) Good job on your continuing sobriety.

PL - Sorry your period is being weird. Hopefully it was just a crazy one off. And congrats on the new puppy.

AFM, gonna try and keep this succinct.
SO and I took possession of our townhouse on the 14th and we haven't moved in yet. We're still cleaning and painting and getting everything fixed up. Luckily, we have the luxury of time to get things fixed up, but it still sucks.
Alex just turned 3 yesterday. We got him a VTech kid's camera and a doctor's kit (among other things) and he really loves them. :)
I started keto and intermittent fasting on July 2 and have lost about 16lbs so far.
AF came back this month since I started Matthew on formula on the same day I started keto. I was considering bringing up baby #3 to SO, but I think I'll wait til next year. If we have a surprise before then, that's fine. Otherwise, getting pg between May and August next year would be ideal.

112409814_10157708827433095_255104857566691109_n.jpg

Thanks! Happy Belated to Alex! I knew they were super close but for some reason I was thinking tomorrow not yesterday because my brain doesn’t understand calendars anymore lol

congrats on the weight loss! That’s awesome! So glad it’s paying off

And major congrats for officially being homeowners!!!! Wooooot! So exciting.

great pic and shirt!

Kitty I see it but I don’t see pink so maybe evap? Generally hcg disappears 4-6 weeks after birth but I’ve heard reports of it lasting longer. I’d test again in 48 hours and see if it gets darker or stays the same. You can also call your doctor for their advice on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->