General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Lewis went and bought some!

I think* it might have been a dodgy test. This was a midday wee with no hold so i will of course do one in the morning but I see something faint but it could definitely be the hormone strip!

357751A6-2F8D-4709-83D6-33751D406BE8.jpeg

I see what you’re talking about. I would think there’d be a much stronger line on a frer for a new, progressing pregnancy but def test again in the morning

Update: evap. Definitely evap. And I think the hormone strips on frers are really obvious now!
This one is FMU frer!

part of me is disappointed, the other part relieved :shrug:

50F9395A-FB55-464D-8E0A-CD3B3807AF3E.jpeg

I’m glad that things evolved the way you had hoped. Big hugs. I think we all totally get that feeling of disappointment, especially when down the line you know you want another. The logical part of you is relieved, but the mom is you is a bit down

So random but I know we have a few green thumbs here.

Bored in quarantine, I’ve taken to a small garden. Few flowers but my pride and joy is a cucumber plant.

I got my first two females blooming and went to hand pollinate, but I swear the pollen is white. I went overkill and both used pollen on a paint brush as well as plucking the males. The males smell like fresh cucumber and my nose is killing me now from allergies, but I thought the pollen was supposed to be yellow? I can’t find anything about what white could mean except different plants can have different colors but cucumbers are supposed to be yellow. Thoughts? Or am I over analyzing?

the males bloomed long before the females and some have wilted cuz the dang plant has grown so much and I have it on a makeshift trellis so the males are on the bottom and don’t get as much light as they probably should

Dobs unfortunately I’ve never grown cucumbers so I’ve got absolutely no clue. I’ve never grown a plant I had to pollinate by hand before. Is that standard for cucumbers or are your local bees not doing their jobs?

I’ve been getting all antsy about getting married again (as in I wasn’t antsy for a while lol) and it’s quite annoying. But we’re planning on a late spring wedding at this point so we can have a backyard BBQ (catering is expensiveeee) so the current plan is only 2 years away. I still feel like a weirdo that I’m thinking so much about it when we’re still not technically engaged. SO quit his job (it was fast food, not exactly a loss to his career) because they were treating him like crap due to his health issues and he’s still looking for a job in his field. COVID really messed up his job prospects. So anyway he’s unemployed and therefore does not have the money to spare for a ring. He told me he’d wanted to do it this year and had a cute plan and everything but now that money is a lot tighter he doesn’t think he’s gonna be able to this year. It is what it is, I’m disappointed in the situation but it’s not his fault.

Speaking of his health, his scan was negative. He was symptom free for a little bit when he was eating nothing but rice, bananas, and toast, and his gallbladder tolerated fatty foods for a whole 4 days before getting angry again, and his scan was on day 2 of fatty foods. So his gallbladder wasn’t angry during the scan, and the scan was therefore negative. He’s so incredibly frustrated. We can’t get ahold of his GI doctor about the weight loss either. I swear he has the worst luck with medical stuff.

Shae ansty over details and planning or commitment? Or both? Or something else?

covid has definitely messed up a lot of plans and I’m sorry it hasn’t been good to SO either :(. It’s not weird. It’s something you two have talked a lot about and for years. You’re like common law engaged in my mind ;)

I’m so sorry that his scan came back clean. Is there anyone that your mom knows who might see him as a professional/personal courtesy? He shouldn’t have to be on such a restrictive diet like that because his doctors don’t listen. :hugs:

Nw! Thanks for reading my plant rant lol. I’ve been here five years and seen three bees max. I’ve only seen one since I started my garden over three weeks ago, and it had no interest in the cucumber flowers. So I figured I’d go at it by hand. Have five going so hoping at least one takes. I feel really dirty doing it lol

Dobs antsy like impatient, I wanna get this show on the road!

We got a hold of his GI doctor who promptly fixated on his past med history, saw Prozac, and said “well anxiety can cause stomach pain”. F off, dude. I can’t believe doctors are still doing that to people with severe pain. Anyway he still wants him to do a video capsule test so that’s something. Doctor doesn’t think it’s his gallbladder but is thinking more along the lines of an intestinal disorder like Crohn’s. Seems like it would be an odd presentation for Crohn’s but worth testing. It’s just he’s getting weaker and weaker both physically and mentally from living off of rice and we have a canoeing trip in a bit over a week and he’s worried he won’t be strong enough to row effectively.

Lewis’ sister and Lewis have Crohns, the main thing for his sister was the severe stomach pain, she also passed bloody and loose stools most of the time. Main thing for Lewis was bloody stools. Hope your SO gets a diagnosis soon :hugs:

Last edited:
Is anyone else having some images not load on mobile on BnB, specifically some profile pictures, signature images, some attached images? I can see all the images on the first two posts on this page of the thread and then the rest of them have no images. It’s been like this for a few days now.

ETA: I can see the images on this post of mine but not on others on this page including my previous posts, they’re still not loading

Dobby I have a black thumb so I'm no use. Hope plants are growing and thriving though.

Shae sorry he's not getting anywhere. Something sounds very wrong with that much weight loss and fatigue

Sorry plans are getting delayed.

I have noticed that some ppls images aren't showing up but others are.

Yeh I can’t see photos or anything, it feels like its not loading properly but no matter what I try it doesn’t want to work!

Sry brothers got me Zelda BOTW so every waking moment that A is asleep is currently dedicated to that lol

BNB mobile has been wonky for me as well off and on the last week or so, esp with images

Hopefully the next test gives some answers. Have you been able to see him?

fluek nw! I think we’re ok now. I made some errors yesterday while transplanting another plant and over pruning it, but I think fertilization went well. They are getting that distinct cucumber green color by the stem and are growing dowsed now instead of perpendicular to the plant. I’m just gonna be so mad at this point if bugs, cats, raccoons, squirrels, or whatever else is out there get to it first. These are my first two from yesterday and the day before.. I have 3 others that also look like hand pollination worked, one I did yesterday, and three debates in development

honestly I kill everything but with nothing else to do rn I’m doing a pretty good job. Even my marigold seeds are going nuts

BA3C98AA-2CE2-4493-AE2D-0C6F6DF8B085.jpeg 33C6FC80-F8B6-484E-864C-FA2265412A08.jpeg

I’m obsessed with my cucumbers lol so the left one i pollinated last Saturday and the one I did yesterday

511E64FA-9AC8-4F9A-8C5E-527F385BD7C9.jpeg

kitty - Dunno if should be saying congrats or sorry about the BFN. And I know the feeling of both wanting and not wanting that 2nd line. Hopefully you don't have anymore scares.

shae - That's so ridiculous how dismissive SO's Dr is being. I dunno how some people are allowed to practice medicine. Hopefully the video capsule test will you give you all some answers. And can't really relate with the antsiness. Probably isn't gonna be a ring in my future. :/

Dobby - Sorry you relapsed a bit, but good job getting rid of your rum. Can't really help with the plant stuff though. I remember growing some carrots and tomatoes as a kid, but all we did was toss some seeds in the ground and water them. lol

Haven't been on BNB mobile, so dunno how images are loading right now.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM, still fixing up the new house. SO and I (but sometimes it's just me), are usually putting in 2-3 hours every night once the kids go to bed. It feels like we're not making much of a dent though.Some nights we cross a couple things off our big To Do list and sometimes we add stuff to it. Really just gotta keep on trucking though.
Not sure if I mentioned this, but SO's cousin (L) and his wife (A) are expecting baby #2 in Sept. The only reason we know this is cuz his cousin (J, L's sister) told us. There's been no announcement on social media or anything. And, as far as J knew, they were gonna be one and done. They have a boy 3 months younger than Alex and I got an email last weekend from J and L's mom inviting several family members to a surprise baby sprinkle... because she's having a girl. My heart sank. I thought I was gonna throw up and I just wanted to go to bed and sleep for days. They weren't gonna have anymore! She's about to get a ton of adorable pink and glittery outfits and I'm just sitting here with 2 boys. It makes me feel like I wanna get pg ASAP and hopefully have a girl, but I'm also scared and wanna put it off cuz I can't deal if it turns out to be another boy. If it wasn't for the fact that I love family gatherings, I wouldn't go. I have issues. -.-
Otherwise, just business as usual over here.

Pretty that’s a lot of stress on your plate right now. :hugs: it’s not that you have issues. You are homeowners! That’s is such a huge deal esp right now. That’s so incredible! Your home will come together in time, but don’t forget that you are on mom duty. That’s exhausting! Then going to work on the house. If I can see a fraction of my floor it’s a miracle. I have half broken things everywhere. You’re killing it.

I am sorry. That’s so hard when someone who never wanted your dream gets it. You feel cheated in so many ways, and it’s totally valid. Can you talk to her privately about leaving early or excusing yourself during presents? But I definitely share in your FOMO :hugs:

Oh also bright side: I remember when we were pregnant together and you truly, wholly believed you were going to be a single mom. But look at you now. You two have a home together and two children together. Is it that he’s said a ring and/or marriage isn’t happening or just something you think may not happen?

Pretty it's okay to feel upset. I never imagined having 3 of the same gender but here I am. Honestly, I prepared myself it was another girl around 13 weeks and I didn't experience gender disappointment at the scan at 16 weeks. I did have some when I convinced myself it was another girl, it's hard giving up on that dream of a momma's boy or girl. Honestly, the disappointment was the worst at 19 week scan with dd2. I do hope that when you and SO have another baby that you get your girl though.

Oh and as for all your hardwork on new place, it'll get done. It's so much harder though with kids as your time gets limited.

Dobby, oh I'd like to play LoZ:BotW. Just need a switch. Honestly, so busy it'll probably be a few years.

Fluek it’s definitely time intensive if you’re a completionist gamer like me. I usually play through once no help the use a guide to pick up things I missed the second time. But now that time is limited and the map is HUGE I look up locations because I don’t have endless time to run around searching for them like the good old days. Hopefully you get some more you time soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->