General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

shae - Wow! In all honesty, that sounds like something I would do. I've pierced my own ears a few times and even tried to pierce my navel (all when I was a teen), and still try to do 2-person jobs by myself. Glad to hear it went well though. :)

Flueky - Happy to hear that you got the result you were hoping for. And that sucks about the placenta. I remember how uncomfortable it was getting checked at 40weeks with Matthew when I was still completely closed up, so I can't even imagine how that felt. At least E is a good sleeper. Such a Godsend. And I found starting pantsless worked well for Alex with potty training. Good luck.

Dobby - Sorry that your guy seems to be having issues with you being a mom. FX he comes around, but if not, at least you know early. And if I was in your shoes, I would've held off on mentioning kids too. I'm so scared of closeted pedos and abusers. If SO and I broke up, I wouldn't try to date again.

PL - Yay for puppy! :)

AFM, not much new news. I made a post on a mom FB group asking if anyone had any advice on how to convince SO to have another baby. It turned into mainly having people telling me if I force him, he'll leave, I should count my blessings, I/we need counselling, and one woman even called me "disgusting". So, ya. I talked to SO's cousin (who has 4 kids) and she gave me a couple good points to think about. One of them being "is it more about the number or having a girl?" I told her even if we had a girl already, I'd still want a third. So, I guess it's just a matter of timing and catching SO in a good mood.

LMFAO Shae that’s amazing.

Fluek. Glad things worked out with the hot. Yikes about the placenta though :(

Pretty ew!!!! I can’t believe they jumped all over you for wanting another kid! Wtf! Like obviously I know you two have come along way since we first “met” and it’s great but doesn’t mean you have to abandon the idea of a third. I have no pointers though other than yeah try on a good day to bring it up.

afm I’m so in limbo. Turns out he was just pretty busy at work and more than made up for it by being cute and attentive once his work day ended. He even texted me first this morning. It’s always been me, and I decided to cool it today to see what happens. It’s all been sweet but no mention of my kid or Sat. So I’m just going to ask him either tonight or tomorrow early ish what the plan is because sitter needs to know. She doesn’t lol cuz either way she’s coming over :rofl: but I want to subtly remind him I have a kid.

Pretty ugh people suck. You aren’t forcing him or going behind his back, you want advice on how to convince him, that’s different. Ignore those people, it seems that some internet-goers forget other people on the internet are real humans with real feelings and lives.

Dobs I’m glad he didn’t just dip. Hoping things work out well!

Don't worry about me. Water off a duck's back over here. Those hoes don't know me. lol

Dobby - That's good. Hopefully things work out for Saturday. :)

I just bought a 3 pack of clear blue digis because I have no self control :rofl: I really just want digis on hand in case I do get pregnant, I want that doubtless confirmation. I thought I had one still in my drawer but it expired almost a year ago, so I tossed it.

Weirdly enough (for me), I may not do early testing in the next few months. I really just don’t want to have a chemical and find out and be heartbroken when I wouldn’t have known at all if I’d waited. Admittedly, partially because if I had a chemical and told SO I was pregnant, I’d have no other chances to get pregnant (cuz he’d be super careful after that) :blush: and I can’t not tell him right away, he wants to know ASAP.

Yeah I feel that Shae. I couldn’t have them in house because I’ve peed on hpts when I hadn’t had sex in months out of boredom :rofl:

pretty lmfao! Love it

Afm feeling better. I ended up not having to ask him because he texted me to say he still wanted to go out. I thought that was really cool of him to give me two days heads up. Then he asked if he could call me hehe. We talked for about an hour. The word mom actually left his mouth a couple times. I’m saving my deep probe questions for during or after the date. But it did come up that he doesn’t have kids and he’s on the fence about having them unless it was the right situation. His mom wants him to have kids though :rofl: he picked a cute spot, but it’s a bit far from me. :(. I didn’t want to s* on his parade, but I feel bad because it’s an extra hour and a half that my friend has to watch A. She insists it’s nbd.

Pretty yikes what a bunch of a holes. Some groups are good and others are crap. I'm glad you didn't let it bother you.

Dobby glad it hasn't driven him away. I'm hoping things go well tomorrow! Also, try not to feel guilty for leaving A with her longer. Your friend is willing and you deserve some time to be you and have fun :)

Shae yeah I wouldn't test til you are considered late if you would tell him as soon as you find out. I had planned to wait until I saw progression with E since it was unplanned, but I couldn't keep it from him. It was a pretty faint positive on frer but I had a positive digi the next day.

I would agree with you that it wouldn't be horrible but definitely not great timing. Being employed for at least 3 months so you'd qualify for fmla by time you went on leave and also get std would be good. It is soooo hard going back to work at first when you have a baby(ies).

AFM, I know it hasn't been a week but I've lost 3lbs in 4 days. I'm eating more than I'm "supposed" to be but breastfeeding/milk supply outweighs weight loss.

V had one accident yesterday. I'm still going to try panties on her today. She's smitten with the Trolls movies so they are trolls panties. I told her poppy didn't want her to pee or poop on her so here's hoping.

S doing well mostly. I think her collar bone is fully healed or almost. Ortho dismissed her on the 20th as long as she didn't have any issues. She is having jealousy issues but she has always been my cuddlebug. It's worse since DH returned to work. I did make an effort to play with both V and S after reading to them.

E is doing well. Seems weight gain has slowed a bit. I'm thinking from weight loss (I weighed her after a large bm), but I will just have to evaluate how things continue on a weekly basis the next few weeks.

Omg I love it. Don’t pee on Poppy :rofl: the things we have to say as parents. Hopefully panties go well today! 1 accident is not bad at all!

Wow! Glad you’re eating heartily. I had heard that happens for some women.

Woohoo for medical clearance for S’s collar bone. Sorry that she’s still struggling with sharing the attention. She’ll get there.

And lol right amazing how much lighter they are after a poo hehe hope it’s not a sig weight loss

afm yeah. It’s my first time leaving him with a friend, too. So nervous. I’m curious about his family dynamic because it sounds like his parents divorced and remarried parents with existing kids. And his brother also married someone who had a child already. So for someone who has seen it so often, it surprised he was momentarily phased by it. Oh well

Have you guys heard that vine/tik tok song that goes “just did a bad thing, I regret the thing I did, and you’re wondering what it is, tell you what I did, did a bad thing”? Well if you have, imagine that before reading the next part.

I went over to SO’s today and we were just gonna do a little without the diaphragm so he could not be stabbed for once, and then with sex brain = no logic, we ended up continuing without the diaphragm and he finished in me. Buuut I’m on my period so chances are I’ll be totally fine.

Last edited:
Lmfao no judgement. And exactly it’s so unlikely with the timing. I wouldn’t stress it. We all have urges and have been there.

If my body manages to ovulate by CD8, I will honestly be impressed by it cuz at that point clearly my body will have had one agenda, and one agenda only. However, that’s extremely unlikely, I’ve never ever ovulated that early.

Shae I say don’t panic but just do your opks and temping today know where your boat is docked. Hugs

I’m so glad the date went well!

Honestly I might start doing OPKs tomorrow morning just to be safe. I’m already temping so I’ll know that way. Logically I know the chances are incredibly slim, but I can’t shake my mom insisting that any unprotected sex at any time will cause a pregnancy in my family :rofl:

Shae I'm sure your mom just meant if you have sex near your fertile window then it's most likely to catch. It's a lot easier to just blanket say have sex you'll get pregnant. I know my gyns have always said "if you're having sex, there's a chance you're pregnant now pee in this cup" lol. Just faster than the actual truth of the matter plus there are rare anomalies. But having had rare anomalies I get it

AFM I had such a hard time sleeping last night. Guy was so sweet after the date. We have our next date on the books. He just says all the right things, and he just genuinely seems nice. Not for nothing, but his personality type is actually incredibly compatible with mine if you buy into that stuff. I'm just having so much anxiety because I've been manipulated by guys for the last 10 years that this all just feels too perfect. I know people said once I worked on myself and let God into my heart that I would find someone good, but I'm just scared that this is all some show to get in my pants. It'd have to be some really meta reverse psychology bull but I've had guys do extreme things just to get into bed. Or that one day my ex will find out I’m dating and f* things up because he’s him.

Also booked an appointment Thursday via phone to ask my gyn to put in a scrip for bcp. I'm not really thrilled about the idea of getting back on hormonal birth control, but I also really would like to sleep with this guy next month. And I don't have enough faith in condoms. Or should I have faith in condoms? Idk. I also like the control of knowing when I'll be indisposed :rofl:

Last edited:
Dons honestly pretty sure she meant at literally any time it’s likely to catch, knowing her :rofl: but of course, from a scientific perspective she must be wrong.

I’m so glad the date went well, but I’m sorry you’re having so much anxiety. I can understand why you’d be worried. Anxiety and past trauma just has to ruin our happiness, doesn’t it? I truly hope he’s as genuine as he seems. Re: condoms, I mean they can break so I wouldn’t rely just on them. If you don’t react badly to bcp (like me and my puking), then it’s a great way to know when your period will show up!

AFM I decided to just start daily OPKs on the 9th and if my ratio goes above 0.5 I’ll test more often because last cycle above 0.5 meant surge was on the way.

So Shae is your opk giving you like a number reading? And lol well at least you are at a point in your life where, while not ideal for your original plan, you could make it work.

I really didn’t have any issues. It was actually really good for me. I used to get bedridden sick every period, almost got a truancy letter in middle school. I think I just get nervous about coming off again after how long it took me to regulate post IUD. I know I’m counting chickens, but Mr. Amazeballs wants to have kids when he meets the right person. And I like to think I could potentially be the right person. And I’m nervous with my blood pressure being elevated now, but my mom has high blood pressure and I think she’s on bcp to control menopause issues. So idk. I moved my appointment up to tomorrow so I can just get it via mail vs going to the pharmacy. I’m due for AF in a couple days.

He’s just. Like wow. I’m catching feelings. He’s so polite, his texts are amazing, he’s so respectful of my body choices, he’s educated, he’s got a great job, he’s close to his family. He calls when he says he’ll call. He doesn’t try to get me over to his house. And he is so gorgeous. My ovaries hurt lol

shae - Getting stressed over stress causing O kinda sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy. lol. It is highly unlikely that you'll get pg, but if tracking and temping makes you feel better, go for it.

Dobby - Glad to hear the date went well. I completely understand being nervous about if this guy is legit. Just be careful you don't push him away based on past relationships. My aunt had a bunch of shitty exes and then eventually met her current husband and they've been together over 20 years. She says she appreciates him so much more cuz of all she's been through with other guys. She says her biggest annoyance with him is that he'll sometimes blows kisses to her through the bathroom door. lol
Now, the big question is, what's his favourite hockey team? lol

Last edited:
Dobs, so happy for you that the date went well! You deserve such a great guy!
I agree with pretty: what's his favorite hockey team? ;) *haha*

AFM, did I tell puppies are born and we'll be getting one of the girls! Won't know which exact one until their characters start to show as the breeder wants to place a calmer pup with us. We definitely don't need the craziest one to our two boys. Counting down the days!!!
It will be such a great thing for my mental health and healing from loosing my boy in March last year. Already starting to feel a bit lighter just with the thought of "we are guaranteed a puppy".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->