General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

So Amazon is forgiven for the late thermometer because my ovaries are taking their sweet ass time :rofl: the thermometer arrived today. My OPKs are still very negative. My cervix has been higher so I’m hoping that O is coming soon, but we’ll see.

I think my pituitary gland may finally be doing its job! I’m guessing it’ll be positive tomorrow. Yay for a Christmas LH surge (hopefully) :rofl:
Pic:
3705B00D-78E0-4546-ADC5-98514E8A6577.jpeg
Clearly I’ve been taking way too many tests :haha:

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have a lovely day with your kiddos.

Apparently I have to test every time I pee once my LH starts to rise a bit rather than just afternoon and evening, because my 7 am test was positive and my 1 pm test was negative. Yikes. We’ll see if tonight’s test is also negative.

Last edited:
No temp rise yet, but tests have been negative since yesterday morning. I’m hoping for a temp rise tomorrow morning.
721CB679-2808-4FA3-A5FD-B38023F0D246.jpeg
My appointment is in less than 2 weeks now, so I’m definitely getting more nervous but at the same time I’m super excited. I haven’t had a real period since high school, that’s when I got my first IUD. My period was just starting to regulate at that point, like it had only been regular for a few months. I really hope it gets back into a regular rhythm relatively quickly though it may take a few cycles. I also really hope it’s not super heavy, my pre-IUD periods weren’t. I could go 8 hours (though no more) with a single super plus tampon without leaking. It would be super great if that’s the amount it reverts to lol. I’m gonna try the menstrual cup with the period underwear I bought so if the cup leaks I’ll be fine. If it gives me too much trouble I can always go back to tampons. I’ve been wearing light tampons or a liner if anything with the IUD so it’ll be a change but I’ve been the girl with tampons and midol in my backpack so I can be the woman with tampons and midol in my purse :thumbup:

I’ve probably said a bunch of this stuff before. It just keeps running through my head, I’m definitely feeling anxious about it. I’m really just reassuring myself more than anything at this point (rather than telling you guys cuz I think you want to know lol). Talking about the details helps me process the anxiety and reassure myself, I think.

Update: I got my temp rise this morning! I’m way more excited about this than I should be lol.

Happy holidays Ladies, hope you all had good Christmas even with altered plans.

Shae, Yay for temp rise! Perfect timing for Christmas lol I got my period yesterday yes a happy event as dh and I are done.

AFM, Christmas was good, much less stress then anticipated maybe because it was just our household or because I did not want to give in to any stresses HA!

My puppy is getting closer and closer. 9 1/2 weeks. Should be born next week ;) the breeder has confirmed she will have one for me. Gosh, I have wanted a puppy for 4 years.. and really desperately needed/wanted it for the last year.

Hey ladies. SO is busy with house stuff, so I thought I'd check in for a few mins. I apparently haven't posted since mid Nov and there's a lot to read, so I'm probably just gonna not. lol. I did kinda skim over the last couple pages of posts though.

shae - Wow, that dress is super pretty and for such a great price. Definitely an Amazon gem. Congrats! :) And why are you doing OPKs? You're not trying to get pg til after your wedding, right?

Fleuky - Your girls are so adorable. Hope you're all doing well and that E's been settling in alright.

Dobby - A is getting so big. How are our boys almost half way through being 3? Hope you enjoyed your XMas and NY break.

PL - Any word on if your puppy was born yet?

And I hope everyone had a good holiday season, all things considered.

AFM, XMas was pretty chill. 2 different family gatherings didn't happen, so we just had my mom over for turkey dinner. And then had SO's cousin over on NYE cuz she lives alone and the 31st is also her BDay. The boys are good, SO is still working from home and I'm starting to look for a new job. I also recently bought and read The Babydust Method in hopes of making sure baby #3 is a girl. Also, need to work up the courage and find the right time to discuss this with SO. Otherwise, just business as usual over here. My keto weight loss has stalled cuz I've been slacking, but I'm gonna be starting a dietbet thing with some FB ladies next week, so I'll use that as an opportunity to refocus. Oh, and SO got me a laptop for XM as that SHOULD be here very soon. So, hopefully that means I can be more active on here going forward. :)

]133400264_10158093128218095_5459724065760816134_n.jpg 133110539_10158093127778095_7568993198493735814_n.jpg 133113637_10158093129038095_2406853951138684709_n.jpg 133188880_10158093127483095_5308627197062889535_n.jpg

Pretty, looks like you guys are all enjoying the new house!

Puppy is officially due on the 8th but really could be born any day now. The mom dog looks big, hopefully a good sized litter

Pretty I’m not trying to get pregnant, no. I wish I was, though :rofl: I’m switching off hormonal birth control, and I’ll be using a diaphragm w/spermicide combined with cycle tracking. I’m going to tell SO what days I’m fertile and if he wants to use a condom or other additional protection methods, that’s up to him. I’m doing the OPKs as a secondary form of tracking ovulation, the main form being temp tracking. I just bought that Natural Cycles birth control app that tells you what days to use protection (based on temp tracking, OPKs, and previous cycle data). IUD comes out on Friday (T-4 days!). Oh, and thanks for the dress compliments! I’m super happy with it for $90, just adding a hooped petticoat made it the perfect shape for me! A few of the beads fell off the front but I saved them and it shouldn’t be difficult to sew them back on. For $90 I’m not mad about it.

I hope your SO will be receptive and willing to try for another, and that you get your little girl! Good luck on the weight loss bet, and yay for a new laptop!

PL so exciting about the puppies!

Pretty agreed looks like you all managed a great time! And seriously wth?! They are so big now. They’re like actual people.

PL that’s so exciting!!!! Keep us posted.

Shae agreed $90 is a steal so a bit of stitch work is nbd. Hopefully the charting helps you both feel more at ease with the new bc method.

afm I have a crush! It doesn’t even matter if things pan out, it’s so excited to actually be attracted to a man! He’s amazing. I’m so confused about why he’s still single at 36. But he gives me all the feels

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->