General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

That’s so exciting to have a new niece or nephew, but ugh. My cousin is like that. I’m so sorry. That’s so frustrating. FXed something clicks and she turns it around for the kiddos.

AFM I’m losing my s* because I cannot take any more frer indents. At first it looked like a real line and now it just looks like an ident. I’m so over it. :cry: the wall and edits are 6m. The labeled one is 22m.

4014E0F3-3330-40F4-AF44-AF071F04219B.jpeg B68BB4E8-7BE8-48AD-83CF-A3D7B6B49407.jpeg 36452614-4FBB-4ECF-B069-0DF3C1685FEC.jpeg 3453CC51-C462-40FE-9B7D-B2BC263C4CCB.jpeg

Thank you for the opk feedback! I'm going to mark these dates down and see when AF arrives. Hopefully that makes things clear :-k opks might not be for me- maybe I'd do better with the clear blue smiley face deal. The smiley faces are more my speed as there's no ambiguity :rofl: So interesting how it seems these tests are different for everyone. Shae, frustrated as you may be right now, I think there'll be a point (or many) where you will be so well off knowing about all this stuff well before having a baby. How I wish I knew what my "normal" for all this is/was!

Dobby- we all have those moments where things seem overwhelming with children. It doesn't mean anything about you or you as a parent. I worked as a nanny before having children, and came into it all waaaaay overconfident. It's hard. And it is so different when the child is yours and the buck stops with you! I had a lot of the skills (ie. How to bathe a newborn), but was not prepared for all the worry and everything else. You clearly love your LO, and he looked so happy in the pic you posted. I'm sure he didn't even remember said tantrum once he got to do his activity. A moment of thinking something doesn't mean you don't deserve another. I won't comment on a tests because I'm no good at reading them :lol:

Re: Teen Mom. I think Cheyenne was rich pre-teen Mom. She was having super fancy parties right off the bat! Her daughter is so adorable. I agree too, about the cost of fame for tv money being pretty high. Chelsea hadn't been all that entertaining for years, but I was sad she quit the show. Although her reasoning and everything was amazing (I don't want to embarrass my tween by having her business on tv). She was such a good Mom early on. Clearly a young Mom grinding it out, but she was really making it all work. And baby Aubree was a riot. Good for her moving on.

Sorry about the palpitations, Flueky. :( sucks that they came back. Will you do the extra testing the Dr talked about? I never want to do that stuff, but am always happy after the fact. And sorry about the family/new baby issue. I also have a family member capable of better and just not doing it. Here's hoping that a new baby is a new chance for your SIL to do better for both kids.

Pretty- I like all those names! What about Emmeline/nn. Emmy or Emma? I also think that Charlotte and Zachery are both beautiful, and would fit with your boys perfectly. Looking forward to hearing more of your name deliberations later on. I agree with Flueky that a Doppler would help me feel comfortable with the spacing. Just make sure you're comfortable as things unfold. Lucky this isn't your first rodeo, so you have more points of reference etc to know what's normal etc. :)

Happy Saturday!

Hey all. Quick, selfish post cuz I need to vent. Gonna try to keep this short.

I woke up yesterday (Friday) at 7:20am, like usual. It is now 6:20am on Saturday and I have gotten less than an hour sleep in that time. After the putting the kids to bed, and taking a small nap myself, I frosted cupcakes and a smash cake, prepped a spinach and cheese dip, and then started to tidy up. At around 2am, SO called me to the basement. There, he had found an area under our fake wood floorboards that sounded wet and squishy. After a little investigating, I found that our hot water tank is leaking. I called a plumber ASAP and have a service window of 8am-1pm. The party starts at 1pm. At this point, we're going ahead with it. SO thinks the whole basement should be off limits, even though only a small, easily block off-able area is affected. We shall see. Either way, decent chance we're probably looking at needing a new water heater. Already considering getting a thankless one, but it's gonna be pricy regardless. I'm expecting Matthew to wake up in about an hour, so I'm gonna try and catch another little nap. Pray for me. -.-

Thanks everyone for understanding how I felt. Yes, definitely hoping as she is older now she will step up.

Dobby I see it on all of them. If that is an indent, I'm so sorry. Frer indents have gotten really bad from what I've noticed. I know I got one 7 or 8 weeks pp.

Pretty oh no, I hope there isn't much damage. So sorry you are dealing with this.

Winter not yet, just going to try to monitor when they start up and when they go away. Partly don't want to spend money if it's unnecessary.

Yes, everyone is a little bit different as to what their normal is. Some have short surges, long, and average. I think doing bbt in conjunction with opks was really helpful to learn my cycles.

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend :)

Pretty noooooooo I’m sorry about the tank. Hopefully the repair people show up and get out on the earlier side of the window. So glad that it’s not interfering with the party. And way to go! I so admire my friends who do their own baking at parties. Love it.

Winter true true I know they said Chey was on the challenge, so influencer life probably before all this. And yes! I loved how Chelsea would grind! I loved her updates, but I’m not surprised she pulled out. The whole Leah stuff bugs me because she’s obviously uncomfortable most of the time/if Amber wanted to send her a video privately then why show it on tv? And while Amber obviously makes poor choices, I do think G+C are putting on faces for the camera. And adding in the new moms with a little more drama. I do love all your names!

Fluek money is such a big factor. How are you feeling now?

AFM these tests are ridiculous. So BFNs this morning. Fine. I was really hoping I’d see something after the evap and indent. I have noticed that the two Wondfo evaps I’ve had were both on tests where the urine/dye had a hard time moving through the test. And it seems like these tests just take forever to dry. My cb this morning had a vfl at 6m that is completely gone at 10m. The frer from last night looks stark white as white can be. I’d say af is due tomorrow but who even knows anymore. Sigh.

And thank you all. Like in my core I'm know I'm not failing, but I've just been in a woe is me mood all week.
C54C5553-24EC-4BA5-8D30-679D306EC817.jpeg

Last edited:
Dobby I'm sorry for these shoddy tests. I can see that super faint line on the CB but I don't see color.

You're welcome. We all have moments where we all feel like we are failing when we aren't. Those moments are tough.

I had some yesterday but not as many as Thursday. None so far today.

I’m putting the tests down. I just want to cry. I spent all morning thinking about how much better of a mom I’ll be with one kid. And then I got another frer indent. I can’t stop crying. I just want to be a good mom. And I wish someone would come sweep us off our feet. Like yesterday I glossed over the whole thing where the girl’s parents where like oh we wanted to meet you BOTH for so long blah blah Aiden’s parentS :cry: :cry: :cry: f-ing pms. Just for fun adding my opk but my lh always does that before af.

I am glad you’re feeling better <3 <3

E9075C94-E6E2-451C-8939-42C3D2EC3CE7.jpeg 7DC7B0B6-7EBD-4B89-9852-D413067EA529.jpeg D086FD5F-C5B7-4B86-890F-D5472CBDF9E5.jpeg

Last edited:
True to my anxiety disorder, my mom sent me to buy raisinets so I bought more hpts :rofl: same indent vs vfl debate. But either way it’s been a day and a half since the first one so I’d think a- they’d dry darker if true squinters not lighter and b- if they are squinters I can’t imagine this is viable. Small dip this morning. AF due tomorrow. All the same tests at 5m. It started blinding white line then was pink then looked indenty. All I know is I’m tired lol

7B55504C-CD53-47E7-9827-2ABD407366B6.jpeg D3C856CA-81AD-4A9C-8D01-9DA23CA0327D.jpeg A2BE10EC-48B3-4DC6-9B9A-845252D110B9.jpeg D4BAAA8A-2AEB-44B8-A225-EA03FF49969A.jpeg 1579BECE-1DD1-4D7C-8758-2FE08E145631.jpeg

Same here! I make up excuses to go to the store just to buy another box. It's so pathetic I definitely see the lines you're talking about. Have you tried any other brands? I wish we could get our hands on some old frers... back when they were reliable. I'm sure these newer tests were made because they knew we'd keep testing.

Also, I'm not familiar with your story but I'm sorry that you're feeling down. Being a woman is so hard without all of the ttc stuff thrown in there. Sending you hugs!

I was thinking the same thing! Like I wonder if this was an intentional strategy to get us to buy more tests lol. I actually intentionally avoid the store so I won't buy more tests, but A needed a water bottle, applesauce, and then she wanted raisinits. She gave me cash and told me to keep the change, so I spent the change on a two pack hahaha

I've tested with wondfo, cb early, and I used a wally yesterday. All are having shadowy/indent lines. The problem is, the indent issue exists across the board. I couldn't even recommend a brand at this point. They're all cr** to me at this point. I'll get an answer one way or the other tomorrow. My lp is usually 12 days, but in the rare event I go to 13 I'll see a big dip and spotting tomorrow. So either way I'll get AF or I'll spot.

At this point, my big worry is the stabbing pain I'm getting in my lower pelvis. It's usually when I'm driving or sitting a certain way. So if my temp is still up and I don't start spotting by lunch, I may ask my gyn for a beta just to make sure the pain isn't cause for concern.

Definitely talk to your doctor about the pain. That's scary! I hope you feel better soon.

Flueky - FX your SIL does better by her kids this time. How old is her son?

Dobby - I think I see a line in one of those pics, but it seems a little too far to the left to be positive. Guess we'll all have to wait and see if your AF does show up tomorrow.

So.... let me tell you about how the rest of yesterday went.
Water heater techs showed up at 12pm. They got the leak fixed and said the fix should outlast the life of the heater, so that's good. No one knew where the master water shut off was though, so there ended up being a bit more of a watery mess, but SO had a fan going for the rest of the day to help.
During the party, while opening gifts, my kinda frail, 64yo FIL started making a noise that sounded like he was during a big stretch, but he kept going and we realized he was having a seizure. His sister and SIL were present to help while another guest called an ambulance. They ended up taking him to the hospital to get checked out. As of this morning, he have no news on how he is. The running theory is that it was a withdrawal seizure cuz he's an alcoholic and hadn't had a drink that day. In the process of his episode though, he ended up peeing on both a chair and an area rug, so I cleaned that up just after he left. The party carried on and people ended up cracking some jokes at his expense just cuz that's how we are/ how we deal with things.
We had a pretty chill evening and I passed out while putting the kids to bed. Then, just after midnight, SO woke me up to tell we had no power in the basement. After checking things out, we found one outlet that still worked, so we plugged our chest freezer into that with the help of an extension cord. We also found out the fridge and dishwasher on the main level had no power either. We fixed the fridge by switching outlets too, but I guess I'll be doing dishes by hand for a bit. We're planning to go out and buy a bunch of new fuses today.
Everything happens in 3s, so hopefully that's all for now. On top of this, I only got an hour of sleep in a 38 hour span. On the plus side, I was able to tell MIL that we're expecting. Now, just need to decide when/how to tell my mom and then announce on Halloween.

Last edited:
Monroea Aw don’t worry about me. I have pcos, so it’s not uncommon for me. As long as it’s not intense or prolonged, I just ignore it. It’s probably nothing/will go away once I get my period.

Pretty f*** I’m so sorry. I hope he’s alright. And humor to diffuse stressful situations is very common. I’m glad the show went on despite all the setbacks and thank goodness for finding an outlet for your freezer. Hoping you can get some solid rest!

I thought it was far as well. I swear the lines before were closer. But I watched the test to see where the antibody strip is/googled bfps. That’s the test line spot. I have a vvvvfl line on my smu cb in the right spot but looking at bfps online it’s way too thin. SMU opk also toying with my emotions. I don’t know why I do this to myself lol and thank you all for going with me on this journey because I’m sure I’m annoying LOL. I’m annoying myself anyway :rofl:

41D90216-1EBA-4F98-AB10-E7EEDB3657A5.jpeg 0FCF7177-8E58-4517-8DCE-64100C46025D.jpeg C25D15B7-D96A-4BCB-98FF-2DA35154EB71.jpeg B542D265-C536-4263-A2E2-1CAB0F6CE0AB.jpeg F4EE6553-35EC-45D5-A11F-7CD42FC99CC5.jpeg

Dobby sorry for shady lines. I agree there isn't really a brand I fully recommend anymore. I miss the old frer before they did the curved ones.

Holy moly! That is crazy. I'm upset paying $45 to fill up my van. I'd lose it if I paid $60 or more which I wouldn't be surprised for that to happen. I know that wages and everything are more in Cali than my area but that is still quite expensive. I'll stop at that because I don't want this to get political.

Hi Monroea.

Pretty he is 9 and will be 10 or almost once baby arrives.

Oh man you have had a lot of crazy stress on you. I hope things stay working, no health issues, etc. for awhile.

Right?! I was mad about $45 and having to fill up semi weekly, but now I’m driving cross the bay 3x a week and $68?! WTAF :cry:

We have a terrible storm and my car is acting up. Really nervous about driving home with A in the car, but the storm won’t pass until Monday/Tuesday. The winds are awful. A tree fell over on a car and the fire department is saying stay home.

I’m also going to call officially call myself out. I’m getting more AF like cramps, and I just wiped and had beige discharge. This happened last cycle the day before I started spotting the day before I started bleeding.

Dobby - The only annoying thing about all of this are these crappy tests. Sorry that you seem to be getting AF.
Gas prices are pretty garbage here right now. Today it's 148.9 per litre, which would be 550.9 a gallon. That's $4.45USD.

Flueky - Ah. Well, FX she'll do better by this child. My sister had her first at 19 and used that fact that she was still living at home and giving him formula as an excuse to come and go as she pleased. Even taking off for the whole weekend on more than one occasion. She's been a lot more hands on and attentive with her 2nd seven years later. So, there's always hope.

So, my home saga continues. After calling several electricians, the only one that actually picked up said their next available appt was November 4th. So, hopefully we can find someone with more availability tomorrow. We have one of those old fuse boxes with the circular, screw in fuses, so SO asked if maybe we should take this opportunity to update everything. I'm definitely open to getting some quotes and taking it from there.
In baby news, still finding the HB, so that's a relief in all this. SO asked how soon we could find out the gender and then asked when we would have to start fighting about names, specifically Emma. lol. In the same breath, he said "Or maybe we don't have to fight over a girl's name, in which case I'm gonna need a vasectomy so you don't ask for #4." I'm any case, I was thinking of doing the SneakPeek tonight, but with all this craziness, I think I'll wait another week. I can only handle so much at one time.

Pretty ty again for knowing I needed conversions :rofl: but yikes! Has your gas always been that high? FXed you can find someone sooner and get that updates without too much out of pocket. That’s really awesome about your sister being more active as a mom with a few more years under her belt. So glad you’re still finding the hb and reassurance from the Doppler. And lol at SO’s comment about 4 and names. I totally get you wanting to wait until things are less wonky. How long is the turnaround once you mail it?

Yeah I mean I’ve kind of had a dark cloud this whole lp. That either I wasn’t pregnant or was and it’s not viable. So I guess I’m more prepared emotionally for af this time than last. I really felt pregnant last time, and so I really hyped myself into wanting the baby and how I could make it work. This lp has been a lot of I can make it work but don’t want to and it’s not fair to A, me, another kid, and him. So I’ll be sad once AF is officially here but it’ll be ok and I’ll definitely see to being more careful in the future.

Temp dropped to near baseline and I’m bleeding. Always sad to get af but I know this is ultimately better for A and me. I did have very faint, any normal person would overlook them lines on yesterday’s fmu and evening Wondfo. So a part of me hoped I’d see a line this morning. I didn’t bother testing. I’m very clearly having my period.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->