General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Pretty that’s awesome! I hear it’s more likely to be false boy if it’s wrong, so yay!!!!

afm lots of tears but got Santa pics done. Gyn told me to take a hot bath for my migraine..... urgent care doc who ordered my betas told me that I need to go in and have a scan to go in so I have appointment on Friday morning. They need to give me something. I cried all day at work my boss almost sent me home

Pretty so excited for you!! Also, I'm pretty sure false boy results are more common so I'm thinking it is right :) in any case just a few weeks until your anatomy scan, right?

Dobby, I'm so sorry you are hurting so bad. I hope that after your ultrasound Friday they will give you something. :hugs:

Pretty AHHHHHHHH BABY GIRL!!!!!

Dobs do you mean they need a scan to give you something for the migraines, or are they concerned about the beta and want to give you something for that? I’m sorry you had such a crappy day :(

Dobby- I'm no help with the HCG levels. But it sounds from the others like everything is looking good. Try not to worry and just wait for the scan. All signs point to a sticky baby. I hope the Dr gets back to you about the headaches and can offer some relief. When is it that the placenta takes over? Hopefully that may also help?

Flueky- I hope the Dr appt goes well and that nothing is amiss for your Mom. That's awesome that you're having such a great time with the park pass. I've considered a zoo pass, but not sure we'd get our money's worth. We go about twice a year and it is a bit of a drive. Was actually thinking of going before Christmas, and before school is out (so, next week). This would be our first visit without a stroller \\:D/ I think he would do great with that, but also slightly worried we'll get to the far end of the park, and he'll then decide he doesn't want to walk any more :rofl: I can lift him and carry him for a bit, but not like that.

And thank you for the speech feedback, guys. The session wasn't all that impressive. She said it was all about "building rapport", which is fair enough. But would've liked to see some more clearly speech related activities :shrug: she did give us stuff to work on at home (the "k" sound). It is interesting- he can say words that start with that sound ("car") but not words where it is in the middle or end.

Shae- your card looks beautiful! Not sure why, but I pictured you as a brunette :) love it! I've used Vistaprint before- I think for our birth announcement I actually used a wedding invitation template. You can change all the text, so it worked! And Yikes for poor OH. :shock: my LO had horrific diaper rash as a little baby that ended up being yeast. Lotrimin was what worked in the end. I think that has the same active ingredient as what you listed. Obviously different for an adult, but we had to use it at every single diaper change for 2 weeks to get it to go for good. Any time we let it go for even one change, the rash came right back.

Afm- nothing interesting beyond the speech session. See the fertility Dr next week. I think they just aren't that interested as they have clients who bring in big $$$ doing ivf etc. So I'm low interest at this point! Still waiting on AF. Took a test just in case and it was negative. Want to get on with things, but would also be awesome if this cycle is the same length as the last one. LO broke his first ornament off our tree :-( And sadly was very impressed with himself, so will see if our tree lasts through Christmas.

Sorry just responding to bits and pieces.

Shae sorry about the walmart snaffu. I'm glad you found an alternative. So sorry about the price tag though. Sorry if I missed it or if I should just know from years of talking to you through BNB but is this the first official couples Christmas card that you two have done? It looks cute! I'm sure it's even cuter with your faces. Everyone will love it

Winter sorry about the speech. I know a lot of speech is really explicit teaching. I'm blanking on how old your LO is. If it helps, A literally sits and reads and plays with her. She found that she can't force him to do what she wants, so she does play based therapy. RN, they're working on prepositions, speaking in 4+ word phrases, describing recent events. So even though they play the same stupid games every time, the language that she models changes. Even if he doesn't always participate in clinic, I see him listening and then I hear that language later on during the week. My mom took him once for me and she was like wtaf all she does is sit on the floor and play with him. :rofl: Oh no about the ornament! Hopefully short lived phase

Fluek gotta be honest can't remember why you're going to the doctor but I hope all goes well <3

That's good to hear, Dobby! Maybe in the next couple of weeks I'll kind of see some better examples of what they're actually working on iykwim. Would be great to see a clear result like you're talking about with A. My LO is 2.5. He actually says longish sentences, and has a good vocabulary... It's just that strangers can't understand because of the pronunciation. He was ranting and raving to our neighbor about the Grinch yesterday. And she had absolutely no idea what he was saying. :? he'll get there, just needs a breakthrough or two, so hope the speech therapy would help that process along a bit faster.

Flueky was talking about her Mom going to the Dr. Sorry if that got muddled in the later responses (like mine)!

Ooo nw winter that’s me. I can only read so much at a time. I’m supposed to read 100 pages of reports for my son and dike a formal complaint against the school district ugh

This mom is definitely trying to set my boss up for a lawsuit with her wording. We had another fight at lunch. Like kid “took an actual swing” fight was the recap before I managed to tell them stop gossiping. For once though wasnt one of my students! Yup. That’s where I’m at.

And a sub took my job the dropped it so likely I don’t have a sub tomorrow morning.

That’s good that the expression is there and it’s the pronunciation. A’s SLP usually doesn’t worry about it. Things become more clear over time. It’s great that you can understand him. He’ll get there. Hugs hugs.

Winter sorry about the ornament :( I hope your tree survives the holiday season. SO is doing twice a day application of the clomitrazole, I wonder if it’s different because if the irritation of diapers and sitting in the wetness? Idk. Hopefully the twice a day works and it resolves soon.

Dobs it is indeed our first couple’s card, since we live together now I figured it made sense to do them. Last night I ordered return address labels for us so I don’t have to write a return address on 60 envelopes cuz uggggh. It was only $10 from staples, next day pickup, and it’s more than 3 times as many as we need.

AFM just praying that SO will heal up in the next few days so we can have some unprotected BD. He was in the mood last night and he was so annoyed because he couldn’t, the stretching skin when he started getting an erection hurt :( My paranoid brain is like “maybe God decided to give him this so we can’t have sex because I’m going to ovulate early this cycle and he doesn’t want me pregnant” but also that’s probably ridiculous. Never know though :rofl:

Saw the ob. Scan still shows no explanation for the stabbing pains. She said my headaches sound like migraines but they shouldn’t be constant. Prescribed norco but said I can’t take it then drive or teach. Not sure if I want to take it yet but golly it hurts. She measured several times and said I was 6w, which is 4 days behind. She did see a hb but she couldn’t or didn’t measure it.

Dobs did she give you a scan pic? I doubt she couldn’t measure it if she could see it, sometimes they just don’t measure it that early. Did she play the HB on the doppler? 4 days behind isn’t the end of the world, did they do a scan and see a sac at 5 weeks or am I thinking about someone else? If that was you, we know baby grew since then at least.

She probably just didn’t and she didn’t play it. The scan was really blurry and hard to see. She gave me pictures but I’m at work. Forgot to mention that my blood pressure was higher than usual and highest it’s ever been. Not high high just 132

Dobby, pain/stress can definitely elevate your BP and may be responsible for it being higher. I hope the Norco helps. Also, 4 days behind doesn't seem to be huge. I know measurements can be off during these early days.

Thanks. I just feel very detached. I keep dreaming that this isn’t actually viable. Idk. Maybe it’s just the pain from the headaches but I felt absolutely nothing when I saw the heartbeat or she gave me the photos. Measurements could be off because the picture was blurry, but she said she measured four times to be sure. Got 6w1 once and 6w the other three. I know before they measured the sac since no fetal pole but idk going from measuring 5w4d then 9 days later measuring 6w when I know my o date for a fact. I understand being off a day or two, but four is a lot. I’ve never measured that far off. And looking back the only time I had migraines this bad only happened with my pregnancies with complications. Idk. I’m not stressed about it because I honestly don’t care at this point. I’m in so much pain every day. Nothing helps. I just don’t care. I’ve never felt this way before. She also said my hcg is high but there’s definitely only one baby. Asked if I should be concerned and she said no

i had a chance to Google norco’s safety in pregnancy and I definitely will not be taking it

616CA71C-316C-45CD-A67B-3B2C0532CC2C.jpeg

Dobs well if she said you shouldn’t be concerned, she may very well be right. Early measurements can be very inaccurate especially with no fetal pole yet, it’s very easy to mess those measurements up (according to doctor mom). I think the severe migraines and the lack of a partner for this pregnancy may be making it much harder for you to connect with the pregnancy.

Hey ladies. Was hella exhausted the last 2 nights, but I'm here now and ready to comment.

Flueky - Glad you all had a good time at your park visits. We bought seasons passes for a local amusement park too, but we'll have to wait for the warmer months to use them. Hopefully my kids will enjoy it cuz they have kiddie rides as well as a decent sized water park. But anyway, that's a cute pic of you and your girls. :)
Sorry your mom is dealing with some health issues. How did her appt go?

shae - Sorry to hear about your SO's man parts. Kinda makes me think of my SO's suspected balanitis. Hopefully the cream helps and clears it up fast.
And sorry about the issues with getting your XMas cards printed. Glad it worked out in the end though. Live and learn, right? They look good though. We've never done XMas cards, mainly cuz my SO is a wet blanket who hates having his pic taken. I'm hoping to maybe start doing them next year though and possibly just have the pic be of the kids. We'll see though.

Dobby - So sorry that your pregnancy is really kicking your butt. Maybe if you "don't care" at this point it's better just focus on doing what you can to make yourself as comfortable as you can and doing anything (within reason) that makes your symptoms more tolerable. If this bean is meant to stay sticky, it will. Even is things ease up during 2nd tri, that's still several weeks away. You have a kid on the outside and a job you need to focus on. Maybe this is a harsh, unpopular opinion, but focus on yourself. The baby is warm, getting it's nutrients, and not dealing with any pain. This kind of feels like a put the oxygen mask on yourself first kind of scenario. Just my 2 cents. Sending you positive, healthy vibes and wishes.

Winter - Hopefully you start seeing results from speech therapy real soon. My old Dr was suggesting putting my younger son in speech therapy, as well as checking if he had hearing issues cuz he could really only say Mama at like 18 months. He did know some baby sign language though, so that helped. He's probably saying close to 30 words now, with varying degrees of accurate pronunciation. Not much in the way of sentences though. The longest one we've had was "baby uh *imitates dog bark*" for "baby and doggie" (2 of his fav stuffed animals). As well as "dada poop", which is a frequent occurrence here. lol. But ya, every kid gets there in their own time and I'm sure his breakthroughs are just around the corner. :)

AFM, still hard to believe my SP results. I wanna believe it's true so bad, but I'll feel more confident after my next scan in 12 days. Hopefully they'll be able to see and tell me. I'd love to be able to announce on XMas. When I told SO, he said "I'm actually pretty happy about this." I'm really excited to see how he'll be with a little girl. We haven't discussed names yet, but he's brought up one name a few times. It's kind of growing on me, but we'll see. Probably best to wait til it's all confirmed.
Otherwise, still dealing with night time carpal tunnel and wee bit of sporadic nausea. Also just tired and not a ton of motivation to do general cleaning, so my house it a bit of a cluttered disaster. Hopefully I'll find some time and the desire to tidy a bit on the weekend.
Going to see my sister and her family tomorrow for a super small BDay party for my niece (she'll be 2 on the 14th). Last time I saw them was shortly after the whole pandemic started, so it'll be nice to see how big her kids are now.

I hope your OH heals up in time for you, Shae. You never know- might happen right on time for risky BD. Hey, he might even be more open to the risk if he's had to abstain for a couple of weeks by then! Good luck. ;)

Ahh, Dobby. So sorry you feel so terrible. Im sorry that they weren't more helpful with a medication. If you're unhappy with it- call or email and ask for an alternative. And your scan honestly sounds great from the outside. My OB said you see a HB 50% of the time at 6w (I didn't). So a baby with a heartbeat and measuring on track or very close to it is all positive. I get that it might not feel that way when the migraine issue just overtakes everything- it being relentless seems horrible.

I did a bit of reading, and thought this page was a really good summary, and mentions by name some medications you could Google and then discuss with your Dr if you want to try:
Treating Migraine During Pregnancy | American Headache Society

Pretty- my house is a cluttered disaster right now, and I don't have the pregnancy excuse :rofl: Sounds like the pregnancy is all going really well :happydance: is it the anatomy scan you have in 12 days? I hope they can confirm you're having a girl :pink: ! And those pictures are absolutely adorable ❤️ the finger in the mouth picture is an absolute classic :rofl:

AFM- nothing at all to share :rofl: how embarrassing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->