General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Flueks yay for a good chunk of land, are you guys planning on doing any homesteading? I so badly want to get like a 50+ acre lot with some open land and some woods and just turn it into a homestead with chickens and goats and a huge garden. No cows, they eat way too much and I’d feel awful eating them, and it would be a money drain if we didn’t eat them. Mayyybe pigs but they also get so big and they’re so smart I’d feel awful eating them as well. Harder to separate the emotions when you raised the animal. Maybe sheep? They’re dumb af and you can eat them… Anyway. We’re getting snow overnight/tomorrow morning as well, estimated 3-5 inches. Not too bad, it’s not too hard to deal with when it’s under a foot. But SO gets the day off because they can’t work when it’s properly snowing, it interferes with the equipment.

Dobs :hugs: it’ll take about 4 weeks to get here from whenever he orders it. If he ordered today I believe it would come in on February 4th. Though I don’t expect him to order it today lol, car repair is next week.

Winter I was a vegetarian for 6 months once and I ate avocado rolls during that time to appease my sushi addiction. Not as awesome as salmon sushi, but it helped a lot.

Wow this is moving fast I've tried reading all but my heads not with it I've been awake nearly 48hrs I'm so tired but my body can't switch off :shrug: so we are looking at houses to rent (can't afford to buy) and it's doing my tits in :haha: xx

Shae yey for the moving forward ro to speak atleast you no he means it so so happy for you xx

Gigs sorry for the negative but you never no all it takes is once (unless your trying and takes months :rofl:) xx

Dobs you do what you feel comfortable in your head be up your arse as to what you want to do, I really can't imagine:hugs: xx

Flukey your house sounds amazing and how lovely for the girls all that room to play in :) xx

Re diapers/nappies Heidi is 2.5 and still in them she is a nightmare to try and potty train every time I take one off and leave off she scream like we murdering her xx

Dobby, yes definitely Kaiser dropped the ball. I'm sure that was upsetting for sure.

Yes looking forward to being able to do family vacations in the future. I am hoping to convince DH we should do something thus spring or summer before V starts school but not sure. I know the girls want to go to the beach but we aren't beach people. I also get anxious about infants/toddlers falling down stairs or other non baby proofed issues.

Just take it as you can. You are going through a lot and have a less than desirable support system.

Winter oh man. That would be awful to have that choice taken from you. I mean I still know we made the right decision for us but we made it for ourselves. DH even mentioned before his procedure "Are you sure you're done? I'm afraid that you'll resent me if you change your mind." I have no resent at all even when I get that yearn. I do think that it never fully goes away for some women.

We typically chose more gender neutral for gear. We never would have guessed we'd have all girls lol. If I knew I might have went all out on girly gear. They wear plenty of other colors than pink though. My 2nd's fav color is pink though and she will tell you.

Just wondering did you have a hot pink RAZR? That is ehat I'm picturing in my head.

Gigs, I change my vote to 13dpo then. I'll think of lots of positive thoughts for you.

Bahahaha I am also a rage cleaner. Turn the music up and scrub those tubs. I used to have a thing though where I didn't like anyone watching me clean. Now I'm just proud of getting it done. It's not filthy but I wish I had more time for it

Amazon prime. I like "The Boys" and "Hanna". Not sure if they would be your thing or not.

Shae, no homesteading. We do want to do a garden this spring or possibly next year's spring. It's just hard with working and having kids. Right now my focus is getting healthy again and having me time. So thinking garden will be next year. Although we may do a real small one.....I do love fresh tomato and cucumber from the garden. Also, need to do something to keep the deer away as it's common to see them in the driveway early mornings.

I'm so glad that he is serious about proposing. So glad that something wonderful came of your last cycle :)

Tdog thank you. We are quite fond of it. Waiting for it to be ready about drove me insane. It was worth it though.

Oh no, I hope she gets over that before too long. I'm not trying to rush things as I learned with my 1st, it didn't help at all.

I'll try to post some pics of our place. We have spectacular views imo

I managed to get these before all the snow melted Monday afternoon.

Our winter weather was downgraded to a dusting but expecting some icy roads. So a but sad about not much snow tonight.

Resized_20220103_123607(1).jpeg Resized_20220103_123610(1).jpeg Resized_20220103_123558(1).jpeg

Your views ARE amazing! Bummer about the snow but there’s still time!

I’m actually planning on starting some tomatoes inside. Why not? I have an orange tree that is doing spectacularly so I’m feeling emboldened to try to grow fruiting plants inside. I have a ton of house plants, I figure I may as well try some I can eat. The orange isn’t fruiting yet, and may not ever, but I am hopeful!

i also read an article of a woman who grew a dwarf cherry tree in her apartment. It did fruit. If we all don’t have time for gardens, maybe we could attempt an indoor one? :) 2022 goals!

Beautiful pictures, flueky ❤️ we'd love to have a bit of land like that. Just don't have the $$$ right now, and also not willing to be so far away from work/schools. (Which is what it would take in this area). Anywhere is on the cards though once the kids are grown up/we hit retirement... Maybe even before then.

I did have a RAZR for the longest time :rofl: but that wasn't the pink one. The pink one was some kind of Nokia if I remember right. This is all well before smart phones, so I just wanted to call and text. I was embarrassed for anyone to see it, though :rofl:

My FIL has an amazing veggie patch. We don't have that, but I did buy an Aerogarden in 2020. It was really awesome, but I haven't used it for a year now. It's super interesting, too. We did tomatoes, and you have to manually pollinate as the bugs don't do it for you inside.

Tdog- good luck on the house hunt! Are you able to go and view things etc? Or is it all online etc because of covid?

Glad you're happy with your decision, flueky. That's how I hope to feel. :hugs:

I will have to look at what's on Amazon. Did you ever watch The Amazing Race? It's amazing, and I'm pretty sure they at least used to have lots of seasons on there. I watched it over months while BFing my LO! I'll have to check out your suggestions, flueky!

Fluek so glad most of the work is done! Woohoo! And wow! I’m sure that you must5 have mentioned the acreage before, but seriously. I can’t remember anything these days. Six acres is awesome! I’m so jealous! Any big plans for the land or just want to enjoy the beauty of it? And yeah it was like when I was trying to tell my mom about the mmc and she kept interrupting. This lady was like talking over me. I could tell she was super flustered when she finally let me speak a full sentence, so I didn’t pop off. But yeah. I was not impressed. Could you find maybe an air bnb near the beach in like San Diego? Something one story? That way, sure you can go beach it but then there’s so much food and other stuff (just not SeaWorld LOL jk do you but also don’t go to SeaWorld :rofl:) but yeah so many things to do in that area plus just a couple hours from D-Land if this corona stuff gets better. Or go in the off season on a weekday. Do update on the garden as you get into it. I don’t blame you for wanting to focus on you. Def a lot of big moves. Love the view!!! So pretty!!! I agree glad that you and DH had that convo. And though the broodiness doesn’t go away, I do like how you said you get a bit of the best of both worlds around o time

Gigs sorry about not being able to test. And the broody. Also not to be a freak but GET IT GIGS! Every day for five days! You go! If you like thrillers and enjoyed “The Stranger” then they’ve come out with another past comes back to bite you series called “Stay Close”. Haven’t finished it yet. If you like baking competitions, I highly suggest “Baking Impossible” it’s basically a baker and an engineer paired up to do some crazy challenges. Hope you had better luck with the laundry. I washed like four loads. Sorted about three into mine vs Aiden’s and hung up half of mine before I ran out of steam. My coworker does go to this ice cream shop weekly with her husband and son. A doesn’t like ice cream though. Any sweets :( Speaking of bad decisions while pregnant. I definitely limited my junk food, and then I followed the no sugar until one. Kid won’t eat anything junky! Jk my mom got him into cheetos and the cheese thing at McD’s. I feel like he’s missing a quintessential part of childhood. Sending pink vibes your way! Hope that orange fruit comes soon. And ooo tomatoes are yummy. Dward cherry tree?! Amazing.

Shae omfg “they’re dumb af” I love you. I do remember reading a study on how the degrees of separation from the actual raise/slaughter of animals is key to our psychological ability to be able to eat them the days. And how that’s why you don’t see photographs of the real thing or the meat is processed in a way that it doesn’t look like the animal it comes from. Yada yada. Love your plan! I met a woman on vacation that homesteads. Well, first her husband worked the farm in exchange for lodging. But they just saved up enough to buy their own farm. She’s such a boss. I envy her. We met whale watching. She’s the only reason I got to see orcas for my birthday, she used to be a whale watch guide and still had ins on the orca happenings. Awww sorry the ring takes a month. Maybe he’ll surprise us all and order it right away.

Winter never heard of it. Is it on Netflix? How was hand pollinating? Not gonna lie. I had to do it as I never see pollinators at my condo. It was super fun at first, and then I started to feel kind of creepy lol.

Tdog it has been quite bustling around these parts. Love it! How’s the house hunt going? Fun or stressful? Also not gonna lie I love all your little sayings. I second Flueks, hope the diaper/potty training gets better soon. :(

Re pink I only dislike pink because growing up my favorite colors were blue and green. People kept telling me that I wasn’t allowed to have blue as my favorite color. Eye roll. And omg RAZRs! Omg. Flashbacks! But yes like there can be too much pink.

Re rage cleaning I’m so jealous. I’m a rage breaker HAHA I think I said that already, but I crave destruction.

Omg watched one of those horror movies where this woman knows someone is trying to kill her and stalk her, but she keeps answering unknown calls and opening the door without looking through the peephole. Smfh.

AFM feeling a bit better. The bleeding has just been spotty, moved on to brown this evening. Still passing clots of tissue here and there. Bit sad though as some of the symptoms are popping up today. I know it’s just the lingering hcg though. Just not loving it.

Oh yes, vacation! I'd meant to comment on that, too. We did a beach vacation last May and it was lovely! Takes a bit of planning (sand toys, shade for the beach etc... And I don't have 3) but was really enjoyable. We had a routine where we went down mid morning, brought some snacks, so we'd play/swim, eat, play/swim, drive the few minutes back to the apartment for shower/lunch. Then do something else or just relax in the afternoon. It was fantastic, as the beach is sort of a built in activity for half the day. We also had a really good experience booking a place through VRBO. The host was great, and had clearly said it was all child friendly. She had a baby gate for the stairs, and beyond that we just put some breakables up high. From then it was all safe and sorted. If you're interested- totally bite the bullet and go! I'd say 3-4 days at the beach is plenty of time and you'd all have fun!

Sorry about the movie, Dobby :shock: I used to read and watch true crime stuff. I absolutely can't take it any more. That, or anything scary makes me freak out and/or cry.:lol:

And your animal descriptions had me laughing too, Shae. There was some controversy years ago about how animals were being killed somewhere else in the world (can't remember the details). But i remember reading an article that pretty much summed up what you said- if you kill a pig in front of other pigs, they're smart enough to freak out and realize they could be next. Sheep on the other hand apparently just stand there and are like "sucks for him!" with zero inkling they might face the same fate.

I like the idea of homesteading, but not the reality. I don't want to clean a chicken cage, let alone kill animals to eat. Super interested in the idea of it, and respect anyone that in tune with nature and everything else. Just not my thing. I'd love to come visit. I would like a dog in the future (I've always wanted a dachshund!), but that's as far as my ambitions to raise animals goes :roll: I had lots of pets growing up, but haven't had any as an adult.

Well it just annoys me. Like I’m supposed to root for you to stay alive! But then I’m just there thinking ffs honestly if you’re that stupid. I can’t watch anything with kids anymore. Or anything needlessly gory. Or emotionally toxic. No offense intended, but I can’t even with season 2 of Bridgerton or Emily in Paris or Virgin River. I just get angry thinking about the unrealistic and unhealthy standard that they’re promoting. And maybe other people out there are smarter than me, but I’m not smart lol. If you romanticize crap in a movie, I’m gonna go romanticize irl and end up dating some crap bag longer than I should.

I wanna go to the Bahamas. Not with A until he’s older. But we do have our passports taken care of. The idea of taking him anywhere alone before he’s like cognizant of real life dangers terrifies me.

Whelp there went my second post of the day. Usually they save if I just reload but guess not today

Yes, that's true about the beach. It does end up being work because of the water. We had the best time, though- likely because we'd really pretty much totally isolated for a year at that point. It was our first taste of normal again in many ways.

Yeah, I hear you on the kid stuff. That's a big no no. And sometimes they get you unexpectedly with that stuff :sad2: I haven't seen Bridgerton or Emily In Paris. Confession: I also never watched Game of Thrones. We were talking about getting HBO at some point, though. I want to see the Harry Potter reunion on there too. The Amazing Race is the best! It's reality: teams of two (couples, siblings, friends, whatever) travel around the world, and do tasks along the way. It's been on for like 20 years at this point! And we thought it was done for good, but the latest series started last night. They apparently filmed part of it, then stopped for months when covid hit, then returned to finish it. Can't wait to watch it!

Flueky them views are amazing so so jealous right now :haha: xx

I haven’t seen game of thrones either! I thought I was the only one! Lol. I do have the first season on dvd somewhere — i found it at a thrift store — but never broke into it. Same with true blood.

how do you hand pollinate things? And Dobs why would that make you feel creepy?

homesteader here :) but we raise ducks (and now one chicken) for eggs, not meat. We’ve only had some ducks butchered but we didn’t do it; we don’t have a plucker (and I don’t have the heart). That said we also have quail for meat & eggs (my fave!) but only hubs has processed them. I don’t have the stomach for it. I could clean them and eat them but not the actual killing part :/

well like a proper POASA i used my last frer. I have a super duper faint “keep the hope alive” line but 99% sure it’s the antibody strip. I’ll post so you ladies can ogle with me haha

Gigs I see what you mean. Keeping my fxed but we all know how I feel about frer lately

will post later after I drop A off. Wondering if maybe I’m at reverse hook effect as my levels go down? Still just spotting brown this morning and no clots. And I know I passed her so I’m not worried from a medical standpoint. Won’t be testing again for a few days.

A0800322-A8B8-424C-AE68-5110F4F63008.jpeg

so weird Dobby. I guess it takes some time for those numbers to fall. How is everything going, pain wise? I hope you're feeling OK. Thinking about you :hugs:

Did they tell you to come back for a blood test, Dobby? For me, they had me come back to check HCG went back to zero. Might be worth checking if you can or should do a blood test?

I can see where the line should be, giggle. And I suck at reading tests. based on the recent frer criticism, I'd say inconclusive. But not out yet! :-k

I'd forgotten to say- I enjoyed Ladies of London when I watched it (5 years ago). Utter trash, but I love bad reality tv TBH. :oops: though with that being said, I used to watch some of the housewives stuff, but over time have dropped off of it completely. Not sure if the show changed or I changed :shrug:.

Eta: those are still really strong lines. I'd definitely call, Dobby. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->