General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Welcome to the madness m&t! J is our resident opk master, so i'd go with her thoughts.

Awww thanks for the compliments ladies :hugs: i'll post a photo of the mermaid for your curious minds. Her lips are bugging me, but otherwise i'm luke warm about it.

And in the ttc world, i know i'm going to ov sooner rather than later (yay!) however i just totally wasted an opk. It's 9:30 am and my piss is nearly clear. I didn't even get a test line and my control line is darker at the top and fades at the bottom :dohh: the opk's say to use them within 30 days and i def bought them two months ago....think they're still ok?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 12
:coffee:
Morning Gals!
Giggy Thx on the opk thing hehe I specialize in el cheapos :haha:
Gotta get The Dobster for those digi opks...
And The mermaid is frickin amazing! I don't see anything standing out "wrong", her face is lovely, and overall it's VERY beautiful- you flow color changes well!

CBerry I'm sure i was just slipping into a coma when you got up as usual :haha: I'll let you all handle the PCOS advice ...Hoping ALL you ladies waiting for the eggy get those suckers to "drop" for the New Year, just like the Countdown ball here tonight. Cmon EGGIES!!! or :trouble: We're gonna have some come to Jesuses ( Jeeeezzziii?? lol)
Can't believe it's just over 12 hour until 2016!!
Campn, Gigs, CB Def feel ya on the WTF is taking so looong angle :brat:
Ugh my ticker...like 14 months trying :(

Gigsy- you got me wanting to try watercolor now!
I am not good with acryllic...can never mix the colors right, but I LOVE the way your water colors blend together and sorta flow off the edges into oblivion!

Do you sketch the shape before starting or just free hand?
Also what size watercolor paper are you using? Like the size of these drawing...are they huge or small?
LOVE them

Hello ladies can I join please? These seems like a lovely down-to-earth and funny group so thought I'd pop by and say hello :)

Current situation- im a very proud Mumma to 2 beautiful girls aged 2 & 4.

Have been not trying not preventing since my 2 year old was born, she was exclusively breastfeed and didn't have a period for the first year of her life, I still BF now but only a little in the morning (5-15 mins) and little at night to settle her. But have been having regular periods for the last year and using OPK for the last 7 months, and also on my third cycle of using Concieve plus,

So have been using no protection and having regular sex for a year, (at least 7 of those months perfectly timed!) do u think BF could be playing a part? X good luck to everyone xx

Hey there KeepSmiling :wave: finally a UK girl Lol! Where abouts you from? Im in (currently) Rainy Southampton eurghhhh!

I used Concieve Plus aswell & now just over 9 wks pg :) bf could be playing a part in possible non-ovulation as the hormone is still being releases i guess, well done you for bf still though, i could only manage 3-4 months as his teething got so bad, my son is 3.5yrs

Do you get ov pains, fertile cm or anything? You could always temp track through the month to see if you are/are not? I came off my pill in May this year & it took a good few months

I wonder with opks, this means the body is generally gearing up to ovulate with the LH surge but if still doing a little bf i wonder if this would put a stopper on it? Hmmm.. J, possibly a question for you? :)

Oh forgot to add, Gigs i LOVE that mermaid painting! You have def got the knack with colour blending & shes awesome! Id have that pic in my house! :thumbup:

:hi: Keep! Welcome
I think BF so little shouldn't prevent O. Generally they say full time round the clock BF will stop your cycle totally- meaning you shouldn't have a period, as you said for that first yr with your lil one
I think you are back on track as you are having regular periods now AND the opks are showing your surges.
BF usually suppresses those...you may get 2 lines on the opk for example, but would never get a true matching lines kinda positive:shrug:
Welcome to the gaggle of we geese who conceived so easily the first time(s) that we are befuddled :)haha:) as to WTH is going on now!
I think you are doing the best you can as far as opks, but as My lil UK Birdy CB said...temping is your sure way to confirm you are ovulating.
Bit of a hassle, especially if your lil one doesn't sleep thru the night, but Temping is the best way to be sure.
Also you may want to start charting on FF- even if not temping LOADS of Q&A there on anything and everything you want to know! I use the free version- love it
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/
:dust:

Hello ladies! Happy new year!

Today i feel a little less like death this cold had moved into my chest now so let the coughing commence, at least my throat doesn't hurt anymore. Yay for the small things.

Gig- that painting is absolutely beautiful! I'm so jealous.

welcome new ladies! This is a crazy and fun forum! I cant really answer your questions but the other ladies have more experience and i would trust their advice.

AFM- CD 24... just waiting... and waiting.. but its okay because if we got pregnant right now I would be due at the same time as my sisters wedding, whose getting married 1,000 miles away from my home. I also decided i am taking a break from ttc and may lean toward ntnp until the end of Feb. I want to loose about 20-25 pounds. Plus were going to be moving and everything. So I think I'm going to focus on me with a goal of loosing 25 pounds by March 1 (I'm going to the Bahamas then too!) and if it happens it happens. But i will continue to temp because.. hey I'm addict. lol plus this will probably all change in a week when i start freaking out haha

Thanks ladies :hugs: yes, i too am in the indefinite WTO...hoping i o within the next 24 hours, as my o pain is gearing up and cm is changing...but my opk was totally negative again this afternoon.

CB- Thank you for calming my fears hun! Really other than my weight gain in the past 2 years, nothing points at PCOS. Not much has changed for me, I've always been on the hairy side, I only had acne when I was a teen (aside from the occasional zit) and my cycles have usually been longer than most women. I guess it could go both ways, the weight gain might have to do with my thyroid.

Mrs- I really think about taking a break too cause I've gained so much weight in the last 2 years, I'd be happy to lose 15 lbs but I don't lose weight that easy at all, but starting today I'm going to be on a low carb and no sugar diet and I hope that helps a little cause carbs are so bad for me. I wanna get back into doing P90 (the easier version of P90x) cause that felt awesome and I saw results so fast. Just need to be strong about it and focused. Just losing weight could help me get pregnant easier I feel like.

So ladies, huge temp rise today! I think I ovulated 2-3 days ago but yesterday's dip confused things for me, we'll see! I'm back to creamy cm since yesterday so pretty positive I ovulated. (Fx!)

Happy new year to all of you! I hope it brings each of you happiness, good luck, health and a baby!

CAMPN!!!:happydance:
You could be totally right about your O 2-3 days back- BCUZZZZ lol
many women get an estrogen surge 4-6 days after O:thumbup:
One late O mystery down 2 to go hehe.Gigs your pain has been right b4- lets hope you are consistent there!
And I am SUPER jealous of your rise!!! I am creeping up like a tortoise over here!
(I need a tortoise smiley lol)
:dust:

J, forgot to respond on the art...the paper is 9x6", and i sketch on it prior to painting.

Campn, yay for ovulation!

I think statistically at least one of us should get two lines this time!

Thank you ladies! Thank you! I don't think I'll get a BFP this cycle but I've seen crazier things happen.

Ladies, have any of you watched "making a murderer" on Netflix!?
I can't stop watching. What the what the what the!? Please someone tell me they've been watching it!

Gigs- Fx you O soon hun, get down on the BD!

Ha ha Campn are cogs turning in your head whilst watching 'making a murderer' lol
Thats a great temp rise there though :)

MrsG- That's a documentary shot over a period of 10 years or so which follows the story of a man called Steven Avery who has been convicted of a murder that many believe he didn't commit.

It's so intriguing and things don't add up in it at all.

CB- I'm like pulling my hair out! I love mystery and suspense, and this is a REAL life case which makes it even better. Is it famous in the UK too!?

I haven't read anything. Just popped in to say I did not go get the beta. I went on a motorcycle ride with SO instead. I know I'm not pregnant because I had ZERO protective instincts like I did the last time we went riding. So I was depressed the entire time. I had some crazy back pain yesterday which I attribute to riding in snow! WTF apparently the hills did not get the memo that this is Sunny California. Been exhausted all day and then I went to the bathroom to do a pre-champagne dollar tree test... I'm bleeding! My period started, it's f*ing New Years, we're doing engagement photos on Saturday, and I'm getting my period today?! dsiadhioashdias :cry:

Dobby- big hug hun, sorry your period made it on freaking New Years! Was it due today? At least you can have all the champagne you want right!?

Motorcycle riding is so badass, I'd be terrified but I'm a coward.
Yay for picture taking, please be kind and share some with us when you get them!

Dobby- big hug hun, sorry your period made it on freaking New Years! Was it due today? At least you can have all the champagne you want right!?

Motorcycle riding is so badass, I'd be terrified but I'm a coward.
Yay for picture taking, please be kind and share some with us when you get them!

Hugs, thanks :) By bcp standards, it was due two days ago. By opk standards, I shouldn't have started spotting until tomorrow or Saturday. Sigh. I booked this shoot because I was supposed to be over AF by Saturday >< Will def share them once I get my hands on them :)

SO is incredible on his bike. He has been riding for over ten years now. There are definite times when a car cuts us off or we hit a bump in the road and I feel like that's the moment I am going to die, but he knows exactly what to do. It's such a turn on hahaha.

Dobssorry about the bitch witch - but booze it up for me babe!
Also bike riding - sex-uh
:shock: OMG OMG CAMPN!! I am the BIGGEST forensic junky in the worrrrld .
Totally would have become a homicide detective if I didn't find out I can NOT stand the smell of decomp....the few times On the ambulance were more than enough :sick:
My absolute FAV show is First 48- as they follow the homicide detectives LOVE how they piece things together.
Annnnd as I am a total YouTube documentary whore :haha:
I typed in the name and Making a murderer is on YOUTUBE !!!!
oh my! Thx for letting me in on this. You don't even understand how I am on forensics- Total crack out- I have already watched nearly every crime doc on youtube:rofl:
Currently was finishing a few episodes of famous murders of celebs, and LOVE the Scottland Crime doc series! Already seen all the US ones and the UK crime series :blush:
I know how I am spending MY new years eve!! Thx again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->