General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Dobby, yes it was a task. It was the first time I ever used a hot glue gun too. I think I would have preferred a poster though. The parry went well. The most challenging part was eating. Trying to keep them from spilling cups or dropping food, not fun Ueah I'm definitely feeling more confident about taking them all out. I prefer to have DH with me but it's hard to unless I'm off and V is out of school. NSV is non scale victory.

Dobby sorry you are still going through a rough time. Prayers things get better for you and A.

Shae hope you have the outcome you hope for the most! Glad SO is being supportive. I will say I always eat a lot of fast food in 1st tri though because most healthy things made me nauseated thinking about them lol.

Winter yay awesome beta!! Can't wait to read your next level!

Woot! That’s great about the party and your confidence. Always nice to have more hands but such a reward when you have a successful outing on your own. Hot glue guns are a pain lol. Oooo got it. When my brain is more focused I will go back and reread everything haha

Shae I agree it’s super sweet how he goes protective dad mode each time. I do agree hope you get the answer you want. When will the beta come back?

Beta was negative, < 3. Last night my estrogen and progesterone fell. Still a high enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy, but the drop is pretty telling.

On the bright side, that means I get to drink at my wedding and on my honeymoon. And I can stop restricting caffeine and avoiding undercooked anything. I think I’m gonna have a pity party at the local cafe and get something with runny eggs lol.

Sorry Shae. I know grand scheme of things a pregnancy right now isn’t ideal, but you’re in that tough spot of being emotionally ready to be a mom so any negative is hard. Hugs. Soon. Yes enjoy runny eggs and maybe a mimosa.

Dobs omg you sound exactly like my mother with “Hugs. Soon.” :rofl: not a bad thing, just exactly the kind of thing she would say to the point it caught me off guard :haha:

I got the beta result at 5 am just before SO left for work so he knows (I didn’t post cuz I went right back to sleep). He’s definitely relieved but in the moment was just very sympathetic to me, which I appreciated immensely.

Im sorry the result wasn't what you were hoping for, shae. :hugs:it does sound like your OH is more and more open to the idea. Team honeymoon baby! I know you've waited a long time- hopefully not much longer to go.

You've been through a lot lately, Dobby. Hoping that A will thrive at school and there's nothing but good things in store for both of you in 2023. :hugs:

That's awesome that you're doing stuff with all the girls, Flueky. My hat is off to you! And things will get easier over time :) I'm sure they love spending that time with you.

I got my beta back- 2485. So, not quite doubled in 48 hours, but close. My doctor said it looked great. So [-o&lt; that things keep going well!

Winter thank you :hugs: how are you feeling so far? I’m so excited for you, praying you get to hold this baby in ~9 months! ETA: that’s close enough to doubled, in my opinion. So exciting!

I got my runny eggs and full strength latte lol. Just heard back from a local suit shop about pricing, I’m trying to figure out groomsmen suits that don’t break the bank. I found an $89 suit online but of course tailoring is an extra $100 on average and it’s made of a material like polyester, not super nice. Future MIL suggested skipping the suit coat since it’ll be June and just doing the vest and pants, which would save a lot on a nicer suit. Local shop quoted $250 for that and they include alterations with their purchases, which is huge. So I just reached out to the groomsmen about the option to see what they think about it. SO’s brother hooked me up with the local shop because he really wanted a higher quality suit, and he said he’d rather do a suit coat and no vest, but I said no lol, it’s in June, he’ll thank me later. I also said if they want to spend the extra on a suit coat for personal use they can totally do that.

Yes! Enjoy all the pregnancy no-nos, Shae. We went out for Sushi a few days before the transfer, and it was amazing!

Might be an unpopular opinion... But I don't think you have to have the groomsmen in matching suits. If you want them to all look the same, I totally get that and second the pants + vest idea. But we had two bridesmaids (in matching dresses), and two groomsmen (in their own suits). The pictures all look lovely even though SO wore light grey, and his bro and BIL wore their own blue suits. Just looked at the photo up on the wall, and we gave them matching ties. Just an idea if you're open to it/they have suits.

Thank you for the prayers! I hope it all keeps going well. [-o&lt; so far, so good. And just have to remember it is out of my control.

Shae, :rofl: I def don't take the like your mom comment in any negative way. Can't be upset I give off mom vibes hahaha. I'm so glad that SO is reacting to each update in a really positive way. It makes me so excited for that day that you get to share a bfp with him. Just don't get swept up and forget you promised to show him before us! ;) As much as I want to see some test pic/ line eyes.

Re suits: a nice suit is something every grown man needs one of. If they take good care of it, it's an investment. That being said, I personally find the vest, dress shirt, and dress pants look super hot (not temp but attractive LOL). If they really want a coat, maybe just ceremony and pics only then it can hang on a chair for the reception and dancing haha. But then idk what's the point?! I have heard that mismatched but matching in some way is the latest thing with bridal parties. Is the brother the best man? I think esp. if he is then he gets a bit of a pass to have a slightly different outfit on that as well to distinguish him but idk. In my head, I don't love all vests then one coat.

Winter, thanks. It's been a ride. My mom really likes this school. She said even the parents and kids are so much more inclusive. At his last school, nobody talked to us. At this school, the parents are all up in her business and wanting to know about her/ A and having their kids say hi/bye to him and refer to him as their new friend Aiden. He's having a rough go on the sharing, so I'm hoping to get a handle on that soon. He cannot keep hitting over toys.

Re the beta I agree that is so stinking close to doubling and for it being over 1k for the first draw totally awesome doubling time! Did you get any more info on like first ultrasound/ frequency of ultrasounds?

AFM had my first field trip since covid! It was so nice to see the kids living their best lives.

I'm so glad that you are liking the new school! That's lovely that the parents have been much more welcoming. Funnily enough, I have found the same- at LOs school, nobody is very friendly, and we don't really feel any sense of community. He was only ever going to do preschool there, so that hasn't been a big deal. But then- we went to tour a new school, and the vibe is totally different. The staff are much more welcoming, and all the other parents were so friendly. Hopefully that is a good sign! I really hope that A can thrive in this new environment ❤️ Are there any other kids you could do playdates with, so you could be there to help him share? Or maybe try some board games to learn/practice taking turns?

I won't get an ultrasound until the Friday two weeks from now. So I'll be over 7w by then!!! I want my early scan! We ended up transferring a girl. ❤️ So anxious to see her!

Aaaaaaaand....I woke up to my OH shaking and coughing. He apparently has the flu or something like it. Why didn't he sleep anywhere that wasn't right next to my face?! I will go out and buy some regular strength Tylenol just in case. Is there anything else I can/should do if I start feeling sick?!

How are you feeling now, Shae?

Any word on when/how V will have her speech assessment, Flueky?

Dobs lol SO doesn’t get dibs on line eyes and likely indents, one of which I’ll be showing you all in a sec :dohh:

His brother isn’t the best man, so no special treatment there. The best man also seems to want a suit coat, so I gave them the price difference and said to let me know what they think. Nobody is really saying anything except the brother and best man and I’m like HELLO this is an important thing to answer cuz it’s your money being spent!

I’m glad the new school has a much nicer community, I hope A can adjust well and that his sharing skills improve.

Winter agh 7 weeks, I’d be going nuts waiting! I’d ask your doctor about the potential flu because I don’t know if the recommendations are different in pregnancy than general cases.

Flueks I feel like I’ve barely responded to you lately, not intentional, just not much input to give. I hope V’s speech eval goes well and that they’ll be able to help her.

So this morning I’m spotting more heavily, but my cervix is on the higher side, my progesterone is still 17 which is high enough to sustain a pregnancy per google, and I got an incredibly faint line that’s probably an indent on a FRER. So frustrated, mostly because I’m 95% sure it’s just an indent and nothing to get excited over. It’s hard to see in the photo so I bumped the contrast and saturation a bit but it’s still very hard to see.
EF72ACE2-60A3-4A50-B317-6B8486928180.jpeg

My mom thinks it’s a failed implantation due to low quality sperm since it was just pre-ejaculate. Especially since this faint line and the one a year ago were both on 12dpo. Idk what to think. But either way, I’m pretty darn certain I won’t be having a baby in 9 months, so I’m gonna keep having runny eggs and full strength lattes.

ETA: Trying to find humor in the situation, so I told SO that his pre-ejaculate sperm are fast but genetically disabled lol. They probably have two heads.

ETA2: I sent him this picture and described it as his pre-ejaculate sperm selection :rofl:
137FA9F2-C61A-4732-BEE5-C954F11E3604.png
My mom said with the low sperm count in pre-ejaculate, it’s more likely that a low quality sperm will get to the egg first.

Last edited:
Lol @ the two heads :rofl: you're going to ruin the poor guy's confidence!

I'm not a good test analyzer. Take another one tomorrow. My first line was faint but there. The next day it was really obviously there. If there is rising hcg, it will show up. :hugs:

I'm just going to wait it out. I set up the guest room for OH and he's going to mostly be in there. It is what it is, I guess. Just hope I don't get it or if I do that it is mild/no fever. He doesn't get sick often, but when he does the moping is ridiculous.

Winter lol don’t worry, I told him that’s normal for pre-ejaculate, I’m sure a proper go will yield lots of healthy sperm.

Lol @ the moping is ridiculous :rofl:

Got my rehearsal dress today :) we’re not doing a fancy rehearsal dinner, the plan is to go to Cracker Barrel after to save money :rofl: but for the ceremony rehearsal, I wanted to wear a long white dress for practice. It’s a little lower cut than the picture on the website but that might just be how it’s fitting me, the recommendations of reviews vs. models had me between a small and a medium, based on reviews I went with a small, but the model my size with like 34D boobs (I’m a 32DDD, so similar) wore the medium, possibly for this exact reason :rofl: but it’s snug enough in the chest that my boobs aren’t gonna fall out, and it covers my bra completely, so it’s all good.
7407A425-3298-4D04-8242-FCB3114B02BD.jpeg

Your dress is beautiful!!! That's absolutely perfect for the rehearsal. ❤️

So, turns out SO has COVID, and as of five minutes ago, I tested positive too. :dohh: Seems like I'm making COVID an annual January event... It was this exact time last year I had it the first time. I was hopeful the antibodies lasted a while, but nope.

ETA: Shae, that dress is so nice that you could use it for the reception if your 'real' dress is heavy or hard to manage!

Last edited:
Winter oh no! I hope you have a mild version. I suppose now you don’t have to isolate from your SO since you’re already positive?

Thanks for the dress compliments! I’m definitely wearing my wedding dress the whole night though, I’m putting all $1700 of that dress to work all night long :rofl: I like the rehearsal dress, but not enough to wear it on my actual wedding day.

AFM Progesterone dropped to 10 today and bleeding has increased, varying between dark old blood and a bit of bright red blood. I think I’ll properly start bleeding (enough to fill a tampon instead of sit on it like the old clotty blood) tomorrow. I didn’t bother to do an HPT today. I know how this is ending regardless.

I don't feel that bad- but woke up in the middle of the night with a 102 fever. :nope: now I'm going to worry about this for weeks and months to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->