General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

All of a sudden BnB has decided that a mobile version of the site no longer exists for me? I refreshed the page and it’s in desktop mode now. I’m not a fan. Not mobile friendly at all. I hope it goes back.

Yeah that was trippy lol.

oh interesting on the risky business though the timing wouldn’t be ideal. Still team honeymoon baby.

And yeah now that the bandages are off I don’t know why I was at work. I’m so exhausted. I can barely sleep between allergies and my leg

Dobs yeah that burn is pretty horrific. I mean, I’ve seen much worse of course, but they were literally in the hospital. Continuing on with your life and going to work with it is probably not something I could do. Burn pain is one of the worst pains in my opinion.

Yes, timing wouldn’t be ideal, but as my mom said when I texted her about it, at least the dress would still fit :rofl: I basically texted her asking “am I crazy or is there an increased risk here” and she was like “yes there’s an increased risk but the chance is still very low… but you’ve managed it twice, so we’ll see”. She’s quite confident that I had failed implantations those two times. She’s a bit psychic (always knows when people close to her are pregnant) and both times had inklings that I was pregnant, and she had bad feelings about non-viability as well. With the first one even my sister had a feeling of non-viability. Too bad I didn’t get that gift lol.

Honestly if I were pregnant I’d probably consider just having sips of the wine on the honeymoon (one sip of each drink only), because a study in the UK showed no effect on children from light drinking during pregnancy. I doubt SO would allow it though, he’s expressed that he’ll be very protective of the baby and not wanting me doing anything with even a tiny or potential risk. He’s said sushi is an absolute no and I told him it’s literally way safer than a medium rare steak (which is actually a no-no). At that point I’d probably discuss with SO if he wants to cancel the wine tours and just try wine at the restaurants and on the food tours, he was told recently that the house wine at Italian restaurants is super good and there’s no need to splurge on the fancy stuff. All my bookings related to wine can be cancelled within a few days of the tour, so we have that option.

I also figure that if I was pregnant I’d be 8 weeks 5 days at our wedding and as long as we had an ultrasound with a strong heartbeat, I think it would be fun to announce the pregnancy to all our friends and family at the reception. So much better than a Facebook/Instagram post (we’d still make one for people not at the wedding of course). If God forbid we lost the baby after 8 weeks it would suck, but we’d probably just make a post announcing the loss if that happened after we’d told people. I’m getting a bit ahead of myself though :rofl:

On a different note, I started taking pure barre classes last week. There’s a studio right next to my favorite cafe, which is less than 10 minutes from my apartment. You have to sign up for classes in advance and if you cancel less than 4 hours before the class you get hit with a fee, so it motivates me to treat them like appointments and actually go. I booked myself for the next month. I’m enjoying it so far. The classes are hard so I can’t say I’m enjoying myself *during* the class terribly much, but I feel great after the workout. They have a few different class formats, and I tried a new format yesterday, I’d been doing classic and tried the resistance training class, and I managed to pinch a nerve in my left arm, I felt fine during it but I woke up in the middle of the night with pain radiating down the my fingertips. I’ve had that happen from canoe trips before so I think it was the rowing motion with the resistance bands. That didn’t happen from the classic class though so I figure I just won’t do the resistance training class anymore and I should be fine. I was supposed to do a classic class this evening though and I cancelled it this morning because of my arm, it just hurts all the time and worse with movement, and Google says I should rest it. I’m actually disappointed that I can’t go to the class today, I know it’s smart not to go because they do a lot of movements that put lots of weight on the arms (like planks) and that could make the pain worse, but I feel good after the class and am excited to be consistent with working out for once. I have a hard time with motivation to work out so it’s a very good thing for me to be sad to miss a workout.

Lol no worries. It’s easy, and frankly fun, to get ahead of your planning something you’re looking forward to even if it might not happen.

Sorry about the nerve! Hopefully it’s already feeling much better today. That’s great that you found a workout class you like and are motivated to go to!

My mom and sister both think I’m pregnant lmao

This morning about 20 minutes after waking up I got super nauseous and was nauseous the whole 50 min drive to work, I was legit worried I was gonna puke while driving. It was definitely caused by acid reflux, it eventually turned into just acid reflux pain. I ate a yogurt and it went away, thank goodness.
Unrelated I feel like I could fall asleep at my desk right now.

Whelp.
61ADB28F-EDE4-47CC-93E1-CA54FE84712D.png
3B720B32-5F39-4FF6-A0C1-71B3524970BB.png
Mom is SURE sure. She said she’s never had a full yes like this before. Wild. She also is pretty sure it’s a girl.

Well one hand you know I’m all about them betas/tests but coming from a line of mystics and seeing some cosmic s* lol. At least you know sure they timing isn’t ideal but at least it’s workable.

i will say idk I had the odd nip here and there whilst pregnant and I’ll forever have to live with did i f* up A’s cognitive development as a result. Because I did everything else by the books. I know it’s unrelated but it’s just a guilt i have every now and then.

I do agree with your mom that there’s nothing to be done but wait. My concern is the comment about will it take. I don’t want you to get ahead of yourself. But I also do because living in the what if can be fun if you stay grounded. But it would be a cute story

Yeah negative this morning but I’m only 8dpo so that’s not exactly a shock lol. Hopefully in the next 3 days I’ll get something. And hopefully it successfully implants. She just means she doesn’t know any more than I’ve conceived, she’s just not sure about implantation but has no specific feelings either way there. We will see.

I had a coffee this morning and now I’m so nauseous at work I’m worried I might actually vomit. It took like 1.5 hours to make me feel sick. So weird. It’s coming in waves.

Shae oh how exciting! Can't wait to find out what happens :)

Everyone else will try to update later.

Now my boobs are hurting without being touched. Wild. Imagine I have all these symptoms and I’m not pregnant. I’d be so mad.

I’m getting a beta done this afternoon at 4 cuz I’m crazy lmao, it might be negative still even if I am pregnant but it’s more likely to be positive than an HPT so I’m doing it for funsies, it’s only $35.

ETA: my PM 8dpo wondfo is negative. We’ll see about the beta. I’ll probably get the result early tomorrow morning. I told SO that at only 8dpo the beta can’t rule out pregnancy, only confirm it. If it’s negative I’ll probably do another at 10dpo regardless of HPT results. Seems silly to do another tomorrow, say the threshold is < 3 (it usually is) and mine for example is 2 today, it probably would still be < 3 tomorrow because of the 48 hour doubling thing.

Last edited:
When will you get the results? I’d probably drop the $35 too lol. Heaven knows I’ve done that much in hpts in a cycle :rofl: def interesting about the symptoms! I’ve had loads/intense symptoms that I’d swear I was pregnant… but then I remember I have sex once every 3 months :rofl:

But funnily enough I had sore boobs and barely kept down my coffee this morning so maybe it’s the atmosphere lol. And the audio message my friend sent made me cry hahaha.

Dobs lol maybe there is a bug going around… or maybe our creamers were expired lol. We’ll find out on my end in the next few days. The beta will probably come back early tomorrow morning.

I’m blaming mine on allergies and lack of sleep and stress lol. That’s awesome the beta comes back quickly! FXed

Beta was <5. Usually it’s < 3 but I don’t know if it’s just because I went to a different Quest location. When I got one done by my doctor like 3 years ago at quest it was <2 so I’m like do they keep changing the threshold or am I one less than that number? Anyway, I knew 8dpo might be too early for a positive beta, so that’s okay. I’ll keep doing HPTs and might do another beta in 2 days. Though I’m not sure if there’s a point doing an HPT this morning when wondfo measures 10 miu or higher and 12 hours ago I was <5…

My BOOB just LEAKED. Without me stimulating it. I was lying in bed and realized it was wet. What on earth.

Yeah I mean I’d do it just to do it because they’re cheap lol but if the beta was <5 yesterday easily skippable.

I’ve had similar issues with my beta like that before Kaiser started letting you check your betas online. One beta result would be <0, <1, <5…. I know for my tests, the doctor said it was irrelevant and didn’t mean I had rising hcg (some were serials) or any hcg indicating conception/pregnancy. As much as possible, try not to take it for more than face value. It’s just harder to

8dpo is early though. But I think if your symptoms were pregnancy related, wouldn’t you have some hcg in your system? I’m trying to think back to my bfps and when I had noticeable symptoms. Last one I marked a bunch 6dpo, hpt 9dpo, and beta was 47 at 11dpo (so arguably could have been over 5 by 6dpo) but with A I marked a bunch of stuff started 2dpo lol so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->