General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Shae I'm sorry it's not the cycle but thrilled that DH is on board and has a reasonable timelime to start ttc!!

It’s been a rough few days. Thank God I didn’t have work Tuesday-Friday. I would not have been able to work, emotionally. Yesterday I spent the whole day cramping (not at all normal for me, if I get cramps at all it’s for like 5 minutes and then it’s gone) and TMI, this morning I had the biggest blood clot with uterine lining flesh I’d ever seen come out of me. Not huge, just way more than I’ve ever had, and I’d never seen anything visibly not just blood before, literally looked like fleshy blood vessels. It’s been lovely (not). Funny, my period is only actually due today. In reality, I’m CD3. Sigh.

DH applied for that job that would hopefully give us a TTC goal of October. Apparently they’ll take pretty much anyone, you just have to pass the trainings they put you through (which aren’t easy, but he’s smart). We’d have to relocate wherever they tell us but we’re fine with that. We just really hope they don’t send us to California, because they don’t pay enough for that. DH’s best friend works for them and was sent to Utah. Rent is cheap there, so I’d be cool with going there. Or literally anywhere that isn’t California level expensive honestly. We could get a 2 bedroom apartment so that we have a nursery space. We can also look into renting a house. Obviously I’m counting my chickens before they hatch lol, but it’s fun to look at the possibilities. We’ll see.

Hugs. I’m sorry. I’m glad you weren’t working.

And yay for SO and new job. Nuts about potential relocation. I was gonna say hey don’t come for Cali like that but yeah if the pay isn’t relative to COL then not good. Just saw a reel about different middle class scenarios. And how if you have kids in childcare to be middle class you need 150 =\

I’ve been passing lots of stringy tissue as well my withdrawal bleeds lately. Creepy. Glad I’m getting my pap in a few weeks. Like last two cycles increasing amounts of tissue. I should probably tell my doctor. Oh well.

On to round two of antibiotics can’t shake the sinus infection.

Also my friends are trying to organize a galentines and I feel bad but I’d rather stay home and do my usual wine + lobster + filet mignon + movie

Like just saying Santa Clara travel nurses out here making 2.5-4k A WEEK so you find a modest apartment you could make it work. My friend is right by the Kaiser hospital in SC and her one bedroom is 2200/mo and she loves alone and is literally an uncredentialed sub for a private school company. I feel like two incomes and a strong budget you’d be fine…. Until you need daycare :cry:

i feel like such an old fart talking about gas prices. “When I had my first car, $15 filled my tank!” *shakes crochet hook in the air*

Shae I’m sorry this month didn’t work out. The one and only time I ever remember passing a clot like the one you describe was when I had my 5 week m/c. :hugs: I know things didn’t work out the way you hoped but October is so close!! Plus means you get to experience baby making sex, which is the best ever, just saying.

Dobby I hope you can kick the infection soon!! What a pain!

Yesterday I worked a 10 hour shift. Terry took Holly and James to the local football match and they enjoyed watching it. They drew 0-0. After that they went to Terry's mums for dinner. She made burgers and chips, but Holly just had toast.

Holly had Grace over for a sleepover last night, but Grace ended up going home at midnight as she was having bad period pains. They had a fun evening before that though.

This morning we went to Jump Inc which is a big trampoline place with obstacle courses etc. They both had a great time bouncing around. We went to Subway afterwards. Holly didn't have anything, and she saw it was rated 4 out of 5 hygiene so she was panicking even being in the place in case she got contaminated.

James did his homework this afternoon. He had a page of words to write out and a book to read. Holly stayed in her room crocheting.

I made a roast lamb dinner and Holly said she didn't want to eat any of it at all as she was scared. She went upstairs, then as soon as she got up there she came back down and said she wanted to try some lamb. She tentatively tried it, realised how good it was and ate lots. I'm so proud of her :cloud9:

No meltdowns for 3 days now.

shae - Sorry this wasn't your time. But October will be here before you know it. So, make sure to have a kick-ass summer, cuz decent chance you'll have a new baby by summer '25, or just pg af and won't want to move. lol
Also, they actually have a test for seeing if you'll miscarry a certain gender? And why would your mom and sister have had that test done? I assume your mom is done having kids and isn't your sister younger than you?

Dobby - FX your sinus infection clears up soon. And that sucks about your friend's marriage. I remember (years ago) hearing about a woman who was fairly religious and wanted 4 kids. After her and her husband had 3, he got snipped without telling her. So, she resented him cuz she felt like the soul of her 4th child was stuck in heaven and couldn't get to her. It sucks. :/

Dobs I hope that sinus infection is clearing up!

Gas here is around 3.29 and I still think it’s terrible because it was 1.95 when I was like 18. It’s been worse, but it’s sure as heck been better.

Pretty, short answer is no, they don’t have an individual test for that. Long answer is far more complicated.
My sister was tested by her cardiologist for a whole panel of genetic disorders that can cause aortic aneurysms. She tested positive for one and now has to get an echocardiogram every year for the rest of her life. When the testing was done, there was an incidental finding that I’m not entirely sure why was included in the test, but it was. She tested positive for an x-linked variant that is largely unstudied, but of note is that variants in that gene are associated with male embryonic and fetal death. This means she has a 50% chance of giving the gene to any embryo, and if it doesn’t have another X chromosome to override it (which is the case in all boys as they are XY), it will miscarry. That’s how most x-linked issues work, they only affect boys or are more severe in boys. My mom was not actually tested, we assume that the variant came from her as her side of the family has an extensive history of lots of miscarriages and very few boys. It had been a family myth/assumption that we had an x-linked gene resulting in boys to miscarry, but now it’s been confirmed. Since my sister has the cardiac related genetic disorder that can cause aortic aneurysms, I qualify to get the same testing done.

Just popping in to say.... YAY AREA! Bang Bang 49er Gang! Do it for the Bay Faithful!

Oof sorry Dobs (I googled the result because I did not watch the game)

It’s fine half of KC is my fantasy roster :rofl: honestly we fumbled the ball twice (once costing us a field goal if not a touchdown) so we didn’t really deserve it.

I feel like similar things happened last time we faced KC in the bowl. Super close game but Niners just making a bunch of rookie errors. KC just plays better under pressure.

Plus I love me some Usher

Dobs all the millennial nurses at work were talking about the usher half time show on Monday lol, the older people had no clue who he was and the Gen Z ones just weren’t invested. I didn’t watch the game or the half time show, so I can’t comment on it. I was literally 5 when he was big, so the only song I know of by him is Yeah, since that one kept being played for like a decade. Maybe in a decade, the half time show artists will be ones from my music era lol. The 2010s, that is :haha:

30s/40s have the purchasing power haha = Rii Rii and Usher. It was fun. Still know all the songs he sang by heart lol. Plus I was druuuunk by then haha. I have a rule that I don’t drink second half unless I’m sleeping over so I’m usually toasty at half time haha

Dang we all forgot about each other for a while :rofl: how’s everyone doing?

I actually just checked the forum yesterday to see if there were any posts I had missed. lol
So, SO and I finally told our moms and the kids. The moms took the news fairly well. The kids seemed less than interested about getting a new sibling.
This past week has been such a s*** show though. Zoey was vomiting Sunday night into Monday morning. Then got a call at 8am on Monday saying my aunt had passed from a pulmonary embolism. I was sick on Wednesday, the day of her viewing. I still went and, luckily, only vomited twice. And Alex, my mom, and SO were all sick on Thursday. We all seem to be back to normal now.
27 weeks tomorrow and I have my 4D scan on the 16th. FX baby is still a girl.

Went to an AHL hockey game on Saturday and got a more recent pic with the kiddos.

20240302_183826.jpg

I’m sorry to hear about your Aunt, Pretty! That’s horrible. How did your scan go? I hope you’re all feeling better by now.

Any more slip ups in baby land Shae?

Gigs - Thanks. It was kind of a shock, but also not surprising based on how she took care of herself.
Definitely feeling better now.
And my scan isn't til the 16th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"